Rules and Moderation on Cred Forums

Are we still allowed to talk about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/vgqzqq
strawpoll.me/11248637
Cred
Cred
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does it matter?

Threads like these still exist

Ban anyone that participates in shitposting threads.

Was there any conclusion to the last thread or was it just a thread for people to vent ?

Piss off already. All the threads are the same. The suggestions boil down to "the mods need to their job better". Stop spamming this thread and fuck off.

/thread

thread IDs

I think they just vent. I would love to have a good discussion about this and maybe make /vr/ and /vg/ rejoin Cred Forums again but I have a feeling that would never happen.

what about the janitors do you think they should do a better job too? Maybe you could apply to be a janitor or mod?

I can almost guarantee that everything will be a bit better after the election. Most of all the boards recent shittines has to do with Cred Forums cross posters

>he doesn't know its just Cred Forums who uses bait

>meta posting

Do you really think so cause I thought the increase of Cred Forums cross posters was due to gamergate do to Cred Forums and Cred Forums actually working together? But if it gets better after the election then I guess all is well right?

>I can almost guarantee that everything will be a bit better after the election

You got that right

I like the idea of /vg/ more than /vr/, although it would be more trouble than it's worth breaking them up.
Besides, theres often threads about retro games here and more dedicated discussion on /vr/ so its all good.

I sure do love video games! How about you user?

hiro, you made a big fucking mistake allowing people to even discuss the way boards should be ran. you've opened up pandora's box of autism and now these cretins will literally never shut the fuck up about how they can MAKE VEE GREAT AGAIN.

here's what you need to do:
_____________________NOTHING______________________________

no changes will improve this shithole. it works fine the way it currently is, just keep it this way.

I think P5 coming out has also made the board particularly unbearable.

>no changes will improve this shithole.
Correct
>it works fine the way it currently is
Incorrect

elections?

I think Cred Forums as a whole would benefit from a tabloid board. A place for people to post their frivolous celebrity trash. Also an alt broadcasting board, for people who want to discuss youtubers, streamers, and podcasters.

At least that much would divert a lot of the off topic traffic away.

Who here actually gives a fuck.

No.

The problem is samefags. I guarantee you that all the shit threads on this board are being posted by the same 25 people. You can tell by their style of writing.

Not only this but it just opens the doors for people to troll, making up dumb rules that morons will ironically support and then we'll end up with an even worse board.
That poal from yesterday was the perfect example of that. There were all kinds of dumb shit up at the top.

This board is beyond fixing and if you think otherwise you are delusional.

Make moderation staff maintain public profiles, provide written explanations for their decisions, and timely responses for user concerns.

poal.me/vgqzqq

/cel/ has already been proposed as a solution. Hopefully asian moot will implement it.

i don't think there's anything left to discuss
all these threads boil down to is Cred Forumsacks/normalfags coming in and saying how much they hate anime posted everywhere and weebs saying how much they hate seeing politics posted everywhere

Fuck no. We don't need tripfags with the power to ban people.

Either the Cred Forums and r/the_dolan shitposters get louder from having lost or emboldened from having won.

Whoever wins, Cred Forums loses

KEEP ADDING MORE CHOICES TO THIS POLL
IT WILL CRASH THE POLL

so you would just prefer generals to comeback to Cred Forums? What about pokemon video game(just video game) discussion?

>written explanations for their decision

Motherfucker do you know how many threads they have to delete on a daily basis? That is an entirely unreasonable demand; they wouldn't be able to delete shit threads fast enough.

>Make moderation staff maintain public profiles, provide written explanations for their decisions, and timely responses for user concerns.
Go to a fucking forum if you want that shit. Cred Forums doesn't need to turn into other forums, because then there's no reason to browse Cred Forums.

I know it has. But the time I heard of /cel/ it was proposed as a sister board to Cred Forums. My version would be /tab/, and it would encompass all celebrity talk, no matter the media.

It's pretty clear that Hiro is just trolling and doesn't actually care about this.

>provide written explanations for their decisions
They already do that when you find out you're banned though. They just quote a rule you broken. Profiles would defeat the purpose of anonymity. They timely responses they would need more moderators for that.

Just flying past to say I support changing nothing and that you should all go fuck yourself

Why would anyone want thread IDs?
Fuck off to 2ch, you filthy Nips

Here's an idea: if a thread gets reported too many times, then it goes into auto sage. After which, the mod may choose to reenable aging, if they think the thread is fit for the board.

This way, if a mod somehow misses a shit thread, the board can still be self moderated.

This doesn't sound bad actually.

They've all devolved into venting. Specifically people demanding entire boards be deleted. They all sound like snot nosed, selfish children who just want something gone, not because it'll help Cred Forums, but just because they don't like that it exists.

They should be focusing on Cred Forums itself and it's actual problems instead, like the e-celeb shit.

The idea is to hold individuals accountable for unpopular moderation decisions and actually get some consistent feedback for site issues and concerns.

Perhaps not in the manner I suggest, but somehow I'd like to be able to have concerns addressed.

>written responses
If writing a sentence or two would hamper moderation that much, than I further doubt the competency of our administrators.

The users are what is wrong with this board.

So you want a reddit response system?

This

>expecting mods to expose themselves
you guys are retarded

To curb shilling and samefagging?

Why is anyone against it?

no u

yes, moot stepped down from his position of queen of Cred Forums
now we need to elect a new one to replace him

Believe it or not, I actually don't know the specific of how Reddit works, because I don't go there.
But this isn't exactly like downvoting, because if people tries to abuse it, the mods can see to it that the thread doesn't die, and the mod can also penalize people for making bad reports.

BRING BACK SNACKS

Because they're shills and samefags.

what kind of retard would make a rule about threads based on whether or not certain other threads exist on the same board

>To curb shilling and samefagging?
shilling and samefagging happens with and without IDs because people use phones and proxies to get around it

>The idea is to hold individuals accountable
Fuck. Off. Cred Forums is not a fucking forum, nor should it be. If you want a forum, go to a forum.

/qa/ exists to ask Cred Forums staff things.

People are already supposed to be punished for abusing the report function, but mods suck balls and dont do their job.

>Cred Forums
>mods

It's mostly been bitching about Cred Forums.

This is how Cred Forums will become like the GAF if Mods are allowed to post and be recognized. Fucking no.

How would you know mods aren't punishing people for bad reports, unless you make bad reports yourself?

Back when BF1 was announced I saw a thread that had 100+ replies with like 16 posters. Not a lot of other boards are like this.

IDs would fix a lot of Cred Forums

>you're only allowed to post once per thread
Kill yourself immediately. Have you ever had a conversation with anyone?

Kill yourself.

this is ridiculous

An image board is a different format, but it's still a forum, you dumb fuck.

Remove meta posting and remove suggestions.

>Why is anyone against it?
Because it encourages dismissing posts based on who made them instead of the contents of the posts themselves, you know, which goes against the ENTIRE POINT OF ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARDS. Thread IDs encourage censorship and shutting down of discussion based on who makes what posts. Thread IDs would turn Cred Forums into a board that's no better than Neogaf, where all of the "good little boy" posts are approved and all of the "wrong" posts are filtered away and discouraged.

Grow some fucking thicker skin if you're completely incapable of ignoring posts you don't like. Cred Forums isn't a hugbox where only your opinions matter.

THREAD ID POLL FROM YESTERDAY

strawpoll.me/11248637

944 VOTES

>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO
>NO FAGGOTS BTFO
NO FAGGOTS BTFO

VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Get rid of all mods like Cred Forums and Cred Forums

I hate IDs as much as you guys but there is a definite problems with shills in AAA game threads made by EA and Ubisoft. Even Mafia 3 threads have fucking shills in them.

I believe they would deter samefags and shills but I also believe people on Cred Forums will reply to anything regardless of whether they know a shitposter is the same poster.

And there's nothing wrong with a few people continuing a conversation in a thread.

You faggots bitch on /qa/ all day.
A poll won't change the status quo.

If you don't like the content, feel free to leave :)

and FE screenshot run threads rarely break 30 posters and hit the bump limit what's your point?

This.

If you don't like it here then you can get out.

>there is a definite problems with shills in AAA game threads made by EA and Ubisoft. Even Mafia 3 threads have fucking shills in them.
No there isn't. Ignoring shill posts is easy if you aren't retarded.

>Actually hiding threads
Keep scrolling and move on, you pussy.

Their posts will be separate from normal communications and it won't be a platform for them to build a cult, but rather, for user concerns and responses to clear, organized, and for the individual cancerous influence to be excised.

>peoples' posts would be dismissed because their ID is y092fmso3

Wtf are you talking about? Thread IDs just give you a unique ID for one particular thread.

It doesn't encourage censorship at all, it just shows people when you reply to yourself with

>this

I don't really have a problem with IDs but I don't think they would help as much as you think they would.

>Because it encourages dismissing posts based on who made them instead of the contents of the posts themselves, you know, which goes against the ENTIRE POINT OF ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARDS.

Well yeah, for that one thread. It encourages that the same way it encourages you to not be a total shitposting retard and actually discuss what the thread is about, or just commit to being a shitposting retard for (you)s until people are tired of you and ignore you for being a shitposting retard. It forces people to either be fucking original with their shitposting or actually discuss shit.

People against it are just typical under age or summer faggots scared their (you)s are gonna be harder to obtain.

A very simple solution that doesn't destroy anonymous posting

BRING BACK THE MARKETING BUTTON FOR REPORTS

The mod can just check if somebody is a samefagging marketer and ban them.

Too much thread deletion here.
Anyone recommend an alternative site?

Cred Forums won't have thread IDs so all you crybabies whining for it will be crying a lot

You don't think there's a reason they took it away?

2ch and 2chan if you know Japanese and have a proxy

Most just end up whining as hard as possible that Cred Forums and Cred Forums should be deleted.

Obviously fresh off the boat from other areas of the internet considering that's been tried in the past and they're called "containment boards" for a reason.

It's like people who used to want to delete Cred Forums back in the day. It's not going to work and do the polar opposite of what you think.

Last I heard people here moved to 8ch's Cred Forums.

all me

Samefagging in an image dump thread isn't going to raise any eyebrows. That's not really what we mean by the word "samefagging."

8ch is pretty much dead at this point

That's a given, but it's fun to see people trying to push their personal agendas here.

No.

> actually using a function for its intended purpose

awww did I trigger you

I'm voting moot.

4 more years!

the problem with Cred Forums is that 90% of the userbase doesn't know sage exists

Just give mods unique IDs so you can see which one banned you, it'll make it easy to report a faggot mod abusing his position

Just checked, 8ch have around 500 active users on Cred Forums right now.

BAN CONSOLE WAR THREADS ALREADY THERE IS NO REASON THIS THREAD SHOULD EVEN HAVE 200 REPLIES.

sage doesn't do shit so I don't see what that has to do with anything

>until people are tired of you and ignore you for being a shitposting retard.
So why do you need thread IDs to ignore shitposters? Where do you draw the line when it comes to shitposting? What do you define as shitposting?

I know what your problem is. Scrolling past a "shitpost" is entirely beyond you, so you want Cred Forums to coddle you and make it easier for you to filter out ideas and posts you don't like.

>It forces people to either be fucking original with their shitposting or actually discuss shit.
Bans and warnings already do that.

>People against it are just typical under age or summer faggots scared their (you)s are gonna be harder to obtain.
People against thread IDs have likely been on Cred Forums a lot longer than you have. You're a Johnny-come-lately that doesn't like how Cred Forums is run, so you want to turn it into whatever hugbox forum you came from because you can't handle an iota of dissent or heat.

>implying that sage does anything.

>BAN CONSOLE WAR THREADS
no
just ignore it

Also it's even worse than here. If you thought the Undertale spam here was bad it had nothing on 8ch

>Most just end up whining as hard as possible that Cred Forums and Cred Forums should be deleted
I'm not suggesting that those boards should be removed. I would love all Cred Forums and Cred Forums memes and thinly veiled Cred Forums and Cred Forums threads would be deleted from Cred Forums.

thread ID's makes samefagging even easier, as because ID is different people think its different poster, while it could be just same person posting from his phone, proxy or similar.

I just posted in their Cred Forums. Looks like a fun place, but we'll see.

It allows you to post in a thread without bumping it.

So yeah, nothing really, since people will reply to you and bump the thread anyway.

I do think thread IDs would help a fucking ton. It sucks, but being user really has lost it's value over this decade.

The amount of blatant shilling on this site has gotten pretty unbearable and is the most obvious place to start.

Cred Forums.org/rules#v

I say we just keep doing what we've been doing and have the mods fuck with all the boards by having funny filters for shit from time to time.

You know, having fun. Not being super serious discussion area of the internet. There are plenty of up-their-own-ass areas of the internet for those of you who want it. Please go there. Then come back here when you just want to kind of have fun and relax.

people talking about Cred Forums and Cred Forums related stuff isn't a problem because of those boards, its because Cred Forums just wants to talk about off-topic shit instead of talking about video games.

deleting those boards will not solve any problems here

Get rid of this shit.

>people use phones and proxies to get around it

It's still pretty obvious when someone who is getting their shit wrecked in an argument suddenly stops posting, and then someone with a different ID starts responding with a very similar posting style.

The point is that it culls those stupid enough to samefag AND not figure out proxies. Just because people can get around IDs doesn't make them entirely useless. That's like saying, "We should get rid of seat belts because they don't stop ALL car accident fatalities."

>thread IDs will turn it into a hugbox forum
fucking what?

>you can't handle an iota of dissent or heat

Shills and samefags have nothing to do with dissent or heat.

If you recall, when sage was visible, on person would sage, and then the next two people wouldn't. So the thread would get bumped no matter your diligence.

How assblasted do you have to be to want to ban all threads that you don't like

Just scroll past them faggots, everyone else has to scroll past your shitty threads too

I don't know why they don't just post this shit on the eceleb board

who
>outlyl
here.

rip bro culture

I don't subscribe to e-celeb stuff but I don't see the problem with it either.

Thread IDs have not helped one bit on Cred Forums. It's still the same cesspit. You just have to be more creative to bump your shitty thread.

Create one on your PC and bump it with your mobile phone. Done. Your "shill" argument is null and void.

Is it really necessary to have forced tripfagging just so we can identify samefags? Most of the time it's pretty obvious anyway.

again I'm not suggesting to delete those boards but their memes and threads on Cred Forums should be deleted also ban posters who post those threads and memes.

I don't know why they don't keep it on twitter/Facebook/YouTube/any other website

How about you "permit" mods to actually enforce the fucking rules?

we should do what 2ch does, give everyone IDs and split up the vidya boards like this:

ゲーム
ゲームヘッドライン
ゲーム個別ヘッドライン
ゲーム総合ヘッドライン
ゲームサロン
ゲーム速報
家ゲー攻略
家ゲACT攻略
家ゲRPG攻略
スマホゲーム
家ゲーRPG
FF・ドラクエ
家ゲーSRPG
ロボットゲー
ギャルゲー
女向ゲー一般
スポーツ・RACE
歴史ゲーム
音ゲー
格闘ゲーム
シューティング
PCアクション
東方project
フライトシム
家庭用ゲーム
家ゲーZ区分
レトロゲーム
家ゲーレトロ
レトロ32bit以上
アーケード
アケゲーレトロ
メダル・プライズ
ゲーセン
PCゲーム
同人ゲーム
ブラウザゲーム
卓上ゲーム
TCG
将棋・チェス
囲碁・オセロ
クイズ雑学
ハード・業界
モンハン
裏技・改造
ゲームキャラ
ゲーム音楽
Minecraft
アイドルマスター
遊戯王
ポケモンGO
Steam

携帯型ゲーム
携帯ゲーソフト
携帯ゲー攻略
携帯ゲーRPG
ポケモン
Wi-Fi
携帯ゲーレトロ
携帯ゲーキャラ

ネットゲーム
ネトゲ速報
ネトゲ質問
ネトゲ実況
ネトゲ実況2
ネトゲ実況3
ネトゲサロン
ネットゲーム
大規模MMO
小規模MMO
PSO
DQO
FFO

Nothing could go wrong :)

>ban people who talk about things I don't like
This is why you're not a mod

>What do you define as shitposting?
Off topic posting, posting for attention (trip fagging, avatar fagging, lewd posting)

>I know what your problem is. Scrolling past a "shitpost" is entirely beyond you
Not so much beyond me, more than it's beyond the rest of this fucking board as a whole. Twitter cap threads, girl gamer threads, provocative image with completely unrelated topic threads, etc. all these types of threads are constantly hitting bump limit because most of Cred Forums can't figure out it's one faggot shitposting to drum up attention by creating a fake argument. it happens all the time, moderators have even called people out on this before (manlet tears when he used to be a faggot here daily, as a prime example). the general population of this board can't help but fucking react when people do this shit. people would be easier to ignore it if they saw the same fagging taking place.

>Bans and warnings already do that.
You're really gonna sit here and tell me that this actually happens as much as it needs to?

>People against thread IDs have likely been on Cred Forums a lot longer than you have.
been here since 2004. gone from Cred Forums, to Cred Forums, to Cred Forums, /fit/, /lit/, /vg/, /o/. Thread ID's would bring this site a little bit back to how it used to be before it got so popular because kiddies would have less options to literally run around our fucking board acting like attention seeking faggots. You should stop making assumptions based on no fucking evidence.

shame that its still video games

>arguing for bans and deletions for quite literally "cross-board memeing."

Oh god, please go find a place and fuck off from here. I'm both slightly angry and laughing. You deserve your (you) on this one.

>while it could be just same person posting from his phone, proxy or similar.
how often do you honestly think people do this, or even have the patience to bother past 3-5 posts

no it's not

that shit belongs on the eceleb board

>So why do you need thread IDs to ignore shitposters?
Because one person can't spam like 10 shitposts in the same thread, without being noticed. Many shitposters just post as much and quickly as possible to try and get any attention. If you don't fall for one of their posts, you might fall for another, thinking it's someone else.
With thread IDs, you can se like "oh, this is the same guy spouting nonsense, I should watch out for him." Or if you come into a thread late, then you can highlight a particular poster's posts, and quickly get a gauge on the guy before you reply.

you keep saying that like there is one

it's called Cred Forums

>our fucking board
It's not a secret clubhouse anymore kid, and Cred Forums has always been shit. Making it more like NeoGAF won't fix anything.

>Create one on your PC and bump it with your mobile phone.

Do people really sit around here and do this?

No it's not. It's incredibly loosely "video game culture" at the very most. The first one is passable, but the Dunkey one is literally discussing him, not video games in any manner.

you can tether your phone to your PC, moron

If I just thought of it trying to argue with you then I'm more than sure there are those around that have been doing it for a while now.

How does a thread specific ID making it more like neogaf? i'll wait.

Go into the current Final Fantasy XV thread.

>there are people who unironically take Cred Forums seriously
>this thread is full of people unironically trying to bring order and integrity to the asshole of the internet

go literally anywhere else fags

This, pretty much. It would definitely get rid of low-level shitposters, but the rest of them will find a way to keep being douchebags.

>With thread IDs, you can se like "oh, this is the same guy spouting nonsense, I should watch out for him." Or if you come into a thread late, then you can highlight a particular poster's posts, and quickly get a gauge on the guy before you reply.

Cred Forums is anonymous to specifically AVOID THIS SHIT you fucking retard.You're supposed to judge other people's posts based on their content alone, not on their past posts. Holy shit, just join a forum that you have to register for if you're going to be such a fucking faggot

wasn't necessarily directed at you. But people believe its Cred Forums's fault that Cred Forums talks about politics which is untrue because Cred Forums will always talk about unrelated topics in the guise of video game threads because most users treat Cred Forums like Cred Forums

you'd have the same ID if you're on the same network. it works off of the modem's ip, not the network given one. you would have to be on your cells mobile network to have a different ip.

Just start banning people again. I haven't seen anyone banned in ages. Nowadays shitposting just gets your post deleted.

Lord knows the boards are full of ban evaders but at least it would help purge some of the underage b& who are too stupid to ban evade and are just aping the hardcore shitposters.

thread IDs would create a huge circlejerk like on Cred Forums

you have it backwards bro
Dunkey's channel is almost completely about video games
RLM doesnt really play games at all and the whole thing is about how big their dicks are

>doesn't know sage exists
They also don't know the report button exists.
In threads I really enjoy I have to report about 20 or more posts and by the time they're deleted they still get several replies from newfags.
Just report anybody who intentionally tries to shut down discussion or derail threads, this includes people who's reasoning behind hating something is "It's shit" and nothing else, and people who use the word shill that have 0 evidence to back themselves up, nor do they discuss anything, just post "X has been deposited into your account"
That's not a fucking discussion, it's an attempt to kill discussion, and should be shut down because it's a low quality shitpost that required no thought or creativity.

poal.me/vgqzqq
poal.me/vgqzqq
poal.me/vgqzqq

>you would have to be on your cells mobile network to have a different ip.
no shit, you dolt

we already know this

I'm glad that thread IDs will never be implemented
I'm glad that none of your retarded rules will ever be implemented.
I'm glad that people won't be banned for your shitty reasons.

Hiro made a mistake allowing these threads to exist, retards and shitposters are going to be crying about this shit for months now.

>It would definitely get rid of low-level shitposters

It wouldn't do this at fucking all. Persistent identity doesn't have the slightest thing to do with shitposting. Are you blind? Look at Cred Forums. You can't make people less garbage by sticking a nametag on them.

ban anything that doesn't expressly relate to video game DISCUSSION

being only related to games isn't enough

>Cred Forums is anonymous to specifically AVOID THIS SHIT you fucking retard.

no, it's not. Cred Forums is anonymous so that you can say things you would otherwise not say with a GLOBAL IDENTIFICATION linked to your nonsense. that doesn't mean you should sit in a thread arguing with yourself to drum up attention for your shitty twitter reaction thread.

>Are we still allowed to talk about this?
I hope not, it's fucking cancer. Take your metathread trash back to /qa/

yeah its fucking stupid
these threads are like the overwatch balancing threads

Wordfilter "cuck" again to "I AM A GIANT MEMESPOUTING FAGGOT". Then wordfilter "Marketer" and "shill" to autoban for 24 hors.

Improvement overnight

That's a great thread
Fuck off stop trying to stick your dick in thing

Cred Forums and Cred Forums has been interchangeable for nearly a decade.

Force everyone to buy Cred Forums passes if you want to post more than 20 times/day
Block all mobile IPs. Require Cred Forums pass to post from them.

There. Solved literally every problem with the website.
No more /board/ outside of /board/.
No more ban evasion.
No more chronic shitposting.
No more underage children.

around who, exactly

they're not the same in different threads.

>I have to report about 20 or more posts

Wew lad, do you do it for free? I can't imagine reporting 20 posts and having to solve all those reCaptchas.

I have an idea.
Make a video game text board with IDs for fags who want serious discussion and leave Original Cred Forums to the fags who want to eceleb shitpost

thoughts?

That's not too bad of an idea.

>talk about the board
I remember having this kind of bullshit from hiro almost a year ago.

Can someone tell me what changed between then and now?

>I didn't listen to moot's podcast about why he created this website

Mods ban people constantly on boards. It's just silent banning generally.

Public banning does the exact opposite of what it should.

Even if they do public ban somebody it creates a small shitstorm. Even in cases where they delete the thread it creates a window where retards will screen cap the whole thing and then probably put up as the caption "what did the mods mean by this?" which then creates more calamity on the front page.

Public banning is the worst thing a mod could do and they've clearly learned it.

yeah man these threads are like video game threads

shouldn't be on this board at all

jesus you are retarded

Just enforce the fucking rules. I report platform war and blatant shitpost threads, and they're never deleted. I don't even give a fuck about e-celeb shit. I just hide it.

Enforce the fucking rules.

Lower it to 5 posts every hour. This site might actually improve if there was a post limit forcing people to think before they post crap.

yeah, that's why he implemented ID's on some boards, right?

that's why they still exist on Cred Forums, right

that's why he sold his fucking website so he could move on with his life, right?

if you can ban the fucking guy who does the barneyfag bullshit everything would be fine
maybe have a consistent sticky about how to filter and not going into threads about thing and saying I don't like thing

This.

>LOL thread
>Slowly turns un-vidya
>Isn't cleaned up
>goes all Cred Forums

If moderators did their job, this board would be better.

>Enforce the fucking rules.
Mods delete porn almost instantly.

Watch this

I doubt he said what you seem to believe.
I'd ask for the source of that podcast to verify, but honestly, I'm not in the mood to listen to a potentially hour or more of talking just to confirm that you're full of shit.

>shitpost or break a rule on Cred Forums and it instantly gets reported and deleted

>shitpost and break rules on Cred Forums and get away with it no matter how many times it gets reported as long as it's not porn or something illegal and even then he porn might stay up for hours

>Because one person can't spam like 10 shitposts in the same thread, without being noticed.
Shitposters only have power if you give them power. You're incapable of ignoring them. Cred Forums doesn't need thread IDs, you need to learn how to ignore things you don't like. Learn some self-restraint.

>ban barneyfag but not the people baiting him
Don't post MLP and he doesn't show up.

I have one thread in particular that I frequent and I don't like poorfaggots barging in to derail because they're jealous they can't afford shit.
Buyfag threads are plagued by poorfaggots that shitpost out of frustration.

BRING STEAM FRIEND THREADS BACK!

Barneyfag does get banned frequently.
Anyone and dodge a ban, its not hard to google.

The secret to barneyfag is to no make bait threads
>b-b-but then that means he wins!

>wanting a paywall to post
>Cred Forums magically improves

barneyfag is the one posting the mlp though

Going into the Catalog right now there are:
100 Acceptable Threads
and
50 Garbage Threads

That doesn't seem like too bad of a ratio to me.

>Nearly 3 minutes

Madness.

Yeah no you're a retard

In the last 6 months theres been atleast 4 BLACKED threads with porn OPs that reached the bump limit, not counting the countless 150-300+ post BLACKED threads that take hours to be deleted
And thats just a very small percent of the total porn posting percent

Moot is gone, but you don't need to take out your anger on me.
Not my fault you're a lazy faggot. :)

Everything's good; wouldn't change a thing.

You act as if you've never been fooled into believing someone was expressing a genuine opinion, only to have them reveal that they're a clown.

that's not how it works
he posts it and has 2-3 cellphones to mobile post from to bump it with unique ips, and then retards come in and do the work for him
mlp containment was a non-issue before that

And? They'll just create another. It's gotten to the point that we need containment threads within other boards.

Like attracting cockroaches to the piece of shit near you.

It's an attitude of "well at least all those cockroaches are going crazy over that piece of shit while the rest of the threads are going along as well as possible." What else do you do when you can evade a ban at the drop of a hat and come back with a vengeance with an hour of "HE DOES IT FOR FREE" spam.

>Make a video game text board with IDs for fags who want serious discussion and leave Original Cred Forums to the fags who want to eceleb shitpost

You mean bring back text boards and actually moderate them instead of having hundereds of advertising posts everywhere.

As soon as real money comes into play, people smarten up a little.

While these are fun they demotivate in depth discussion in favor of superficial social contact, which is not why anyone should come here. Cred Forums used to be a place where all the knowledgable skilled players hung out. It would be fun if that got a bit more attention.

>Shitposters only have power if you give them power.

why are you acting like the general userbase is above this

you might ignore them, but when the rest of the board isn't, it's still there, and gets more attention that it warrants getting

IE:
anita sarkeesian's fem freq kickstarter
twitter threads
zoe quinn nonsense
the entire gamer gate fiasco

all things this board has negatively influenced because shills come here posting their shit, pose as people on this board and blow it the hell out of proportion, enraging people here, and causing mass hysteria

literally all could've been avoided if people could see the obvious shilling taking place

The only reason SomethingAwful is terrible is because lowtax is fucking terrible.

Also I don't want a hard paywall. Just one that prevents users from posting once every minute unless they want to pay. I also want the easiest and most common vector for ban evasion made irrelevant. No posting from mobile unless you have a pass; shitpost or spam and the pass gets banned, not your IP.

Bring back SFT!

that podcast was more than an hour long. several hours.

Are there even mods on Cred Forums?

It seems like every 4-5 days the rules are enforced, and that's it. It's flimsy as fuck up in here.

Wait, why do I care?

>I can't imagine reporting 20 posts and having to solve all those reCaptchas.
It's hell.

I'm the equivalent of Barneyfag when it comes to the rules. After reporting a thread once on my computer I switch to my phone and report it again. Please just end my pathetic, autistic life and improve the moderation.

If you think about it there's already a limit on posting, you can only post 120 times every hour because of the 30 second refresh. Just raise that refresh to 2 minutes and you cut the number of posts an hour to 30 which should be more than sufficient for anyone here.

>Wait, why do I care?
You might actually like video games.

Cred Forums passes are extremely cheap and you act like that people will stop shitposting once they buy it. If you want something to prevent people from shitposting every minute, go to a forum.

You see, the only times when we get shitposting on Cred Forums, is when people talk about videogames
So why don't we just ban that kind of threads?

>Not my fault you're a lazy faggot.
Well let's put it this way: If you gave me the link to the podcast, i would have to listen to it in whole, just to get the chunk of info you're referencing. But seeing as how you were the one who claimed that Moot said something that agrees with your beliefs, why don't you find the chunk of audio for me, and then post the podcast with a time stamp. It would be equally time consuming for the both of us, but you're making the claim so the burden of proof is on you.

Was it his final stream before leaving the site? I listened to the whole thing. Didn't hear anything about thread IDs going against Moot's vision of the site.

>you can only post 120 times every hour
there are already ways to get around this

I agree that this is not a forum. Yet we still have mods that do what exactly?

/QA/ has alot of the former but almost none of the latter, unless that board is just anonymous mods whining over which board is the worst.

We don't need such ID features to know that they're not doing their job but some pressure must be put on the moderation staff to motivate them to do fucking something (the only time they were ever really motivated was when the Zoey Quinn scandal happened).

>Didn't hear anything about thread IDs going against Moot's vision of the site.

there's your answer.

ITT:

Handful of underage know-it-alls who wouldn't even be considered to run for their local student council try to force their made-up, half-baked rules on a board made up of multinational posters with years of real life experience more than them.

If you want rules, go fuck off to neogaf, reddit, gamefaqs, tumblr, or any of the thousands of video game forums out there with much stricter rules, actual user ID, and the various other shit you want. Why force this place to become just like any other forum out there? If you don't like it here, there are clearly plenty of places out there that already cater to your needs.

Change Cred Forums, and it stops being Cred Forums

>30 second
What are you talking about?

$20 is enough to stop kids and 3rd world posters.

Alright, I will. You're the one missing out on hours of insight, though. Nothing off of my back, it was one of the most interesting podcasts I've ever heard. Too bad this thread will be dead before I'm finished listening, how convenient for you. :)

Yeah but if you ban phone posters then the only way around it is to waste a minute resetting your IP which isn't going to help a whole lot here.

>You act like people will stop shitposting once they buy them
No one is going to spend $20 repeatedly just to spam "he does it for free."

Shut the fuck up, newfag.

unblocked proxies, user

>Too bad this thread will be dead before I'm finished listening, how convenient for you.
How convenient for you, actually. You're free of the burden of proof. as you can make claims without backing them up.

> Passes cost $20 per year, which is about $1.67 per month—or less than a single 20oz bottle of soda.

ITT: user tries and fails to make other user's angry

are you fucking a bottle?

this

>Watch this

I'm still watching.

I want Cred Forums to be Cred Forums and not another version of Cred Forums.

We already have Cred Forums, we dont need 5 boards for Cred Forums.

At this point I think the best thing to do is delete Cred Forums and merge all discussion into /vg/ . Then all the Cred Forums -tards will go back and hopefully make Cred Forums interesting again (or stay in Cred Forums).

>Buy pass
>$20
>Pass banned for a month of spamming
>Don't want to wait another month to shitpost
>Pay another $20
>Repeat
No one will do this. It will stop people from posting things that they KNOW will get them banned.

that's if your ip is even dynamic. most of them static and are issued by the isp themselves. even with resets can be the same for weeks.

>moot creates Cred Forums because somethingawful forces people to pay to post
>moot leaves Cred Forums and gives it to hiro
>Cred Forums wants its users to buy a pass in order to be able to post

We've really gone full circle here. It's like poetry - it rhymes!

>come to the only major anonymous imageboard left
>last bastion of freedom of speech
>asked what you don't like about it
>FUCK THESE MEMES AND PEOPLE SAYING SHIT I DON'T LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE PAYWALLS AND CONTAINED AREAS WHERE MY FEELINGS AND OPINIONS ARE LIKE AND EVEN EARNED AND RESPECTED

Nearly half the people in this thread are the enemy of the entire site. They are the outsiders. They are those alienated from the areas they came from looking for newer ground but have obviously been here for a year at best.

I would say leave it as is. If you can't ignore something you don't like then move on. Find something else to attach too. Moot even posted something like that once when confronted with self-moderation.

This site will be dead within 5 years though at best with retards like this molesting the boards.

Oh yeah that too. I guess there will always be ways around it but if you make it annoying enough it will be easier to just not shitpost

you're supposed to report the image

report it or it won't get deleted

>Change Cred Forums, and it stops being Cred Forums
>All people want is for the rules to be enforced to curbstomp all the shitposting and off topic threads

inb4
>But it's "Cred Forums-culture"!

Do mods even read those threads? I made plenty of suggestions here, but to sum it up:

More understing moderation for most cases. Sometimes good threads are deleted cause of one or 2shitposters fucking up to the last 10 posts and making it look like a shitposting thread.

Harsher punishment for people who are activelly trying to fuck up good threads. Like early today, we had one asshole posting poney porn with "mom is gonna die" mensage in a good thread to derail it. His post got deleted, but did he got banned? How long?

I think some mod should actually start a conversation here. We dont know excatly how the rules work here, thus we cant discuss. In my example above, did the asshole got banned? Warned, ? We dont know, cause no communication.

Found the outcast LOL

>10 minutes
:o

>The containment board is now trying to change all the other boards

Real money is enough to make people think twice.

For the record, I don't really want a pay system. Even though I'd probably pay for it myself.

Still waiting user.

people have literally been saying this since 2008. please just stop.

report it!!!!!!!!!!
fucking report me!!!!

I've been here for 9 years this December and I want a paywall.

gibe dubs pls

>Cred Forums wants its users to buy a pass in order to be able to post

tell me where anyone who runs or helps run this site says this

>reporting doing anything

lmao

>If you can't ignore something you don't like then move on.
I wish the people shitposting could heed this advice, sadly we need something to stop it from being so rampant, I don't agree with a paywall but Thread I.D.s or reminding dumbasses that a report button exists is the optimal solution here.

I reckon part of the problem is that the user base is simply jaded on the whole report system

Report spam, console war, shit posting, etc, and make the moderation staff take heed

Is this the new porn thread? Can I request some sfm stuff?

>every board has its own unique culture
>Cred Forums has some too
>it's not okay

Cred Forums just hates everything. No fun allowed: the board.

It's not porn if there's no sex act being performed

Grow up kid

I'd rather not have Cred Forums passes at all and just increase the post timeout

my god this hiro guy is absolutely useless

just look at this thread

>Outsiders
>Been here for 9 years
Pick one.

sauce for that booty

Are LOL threads actually allowed to exist? Because maybe the first 10 posts in those threads are unique and then it just goes to dumping the same set of comics over and over. People may say "but Cred Forums culture" but other shit like CWC posting or the Deus Ex opening are more sparse, usually coming around when somebody revives it for about a week or when an event happens.

Also, more clear guidelines for when a new game with reocurring threads on Cred Forums should move to /vg/. I'm sure most posters don't like multiple threads for a game like a month after release.

I was saying this back then and I will continue.

We do not need 5 boards for Cred Forums.

I've been here since October of 2007.

I say to you if you don't like it then got to one of the other choices. You've obviously lost your way and need a forum. May I suggest Gamefaqs/Gamespot. They'll have the strong hammer of moderation you need.

>we had one asshole posting poney porn with "mom is gonna die" mensage in a good thread to derail it

That motherfucker always wastes his time doing that shit to threads he personally doesn't like. We've had several wanna be board monitors like him before. He'll grow out of it eventually.

>over 10 minutes just to get done

By Cred Forums I meant the community. Read the context of the reply chain, user.

>people post porn as a statement that mods arent effective
>I am gona shit on the floor to prove the cleaning lady does a bad job

I understand the point but you are just fucking up the place more

Cred Forums passes were implemented because we had to implement captcha to stop bots from spamming the board. moot was extremely against captcha when he implemented it and wanted posters to have a way to post around it, while also alleviating some of the debt this site generated.

Cred Forums pass makes sense, from that standpoint. people who like posting here, and are generally not fucking faggots will actually want to buy a pass so they can post without captcha. i bought one a year or two ago, and that year on this site was amazing.

I don't want public accounts or autistic forum rules. I want users to not have a way to easily avoid bans. Forcing them to pay money for a private identifier will do this. Nothing else will.

If you want your board to attract better moderators, stop being shitty posters.

Trips prove it

There has to be a middle-ground between concentration camp and anarchic nudist colony.

As of now, Cred Forums is nowhere near concentration-camp and is only barely clothing mandatory, its still not working.

goddamn she's lovely
wew she's mad cuddleable

thank you user

Bring back the dosage and deep sea threads.

Cred Forums is fine

seriously, compared to 5 years ago this board is much better

all that really needs to be done is being more tough on console war threads

It's a safe bet these guys just want to feel some kind of power and accomplishment by getting hiroshimoot to implement even one of their badly thought-up ideas.

"You know that new Cred Forums rule? It was all me!!!"

Yes. There is no reason to be against them unless you samefag shitpost

I never disagreed with adding captchas but I still dislike that we're using an outside source for them especially since they're hosted by google.

Then again you're cancer to the entire idea of anonymous imageboards and should promptly fuck off. Seriously, fuck you. You come to a place based off a principle and then dig your dirty claws into it and demand it be something YOU want and not it's foundations.

Fuck off to your own thing. Seriously. You're the cancer. Not even this porn-spamming ass is as damaging to this site as your plainly are.

ah i see.

honestly it's really not everyone though, just these outliers. Cred Forums should always be free to post in. being able to pay to get around captcha is a good idea if you're a poster who doesn't regularly get banned for shitposting, which, let's face it, 80% of this sites userbase does

Some of us have seen threads like this since Hiro took over 2 years ago.

Ask me if anything changed.

SAUCE!

sauce me up senpai

>anons reported it
>it gets deleted
like pottery

see, use the report function

This and upping moderation 10000% while jannys and mods limit posting on Cred Forums to are most probably the only ways to stop it being a shithole

>people want to remerge /vg/ and Cred Forums
Why the fuck would you want that? Before the split Cred Forums's front page was constant generals and discussions of other games were buried, and since then /vg/'s just grown even larger. Not to mention it's a containment board for the worst autists around. Go into any general and ask yourself if you really want to flood Cred Forums with those people

>seriously, compared to 5 years ago this board is much better

I misread that and thought you meant this board was better 5 years ago so I was really confused. But yeah you're definitely right on it being better now.

If you want all threads to be strictly related to the board topic, go use Reddit, you little shits.

Cred Forums boards are supposed to be general discussions at least loosely themed around the board topics. It's better that way. Loophole threads are fine so long as they don't actually devolve into actual off-topic garbage.

I agree with this guy 100%

It's the same as those retards who want to change the constitution.

>Cred Forums is fine
I came here to laugh at you

>not working

Works fine for me. What's the issue? I discuss what I want and ignore what I don't.

You DO know there's a catalog right. Right there. Instant knowledge of threads you'll want and instant knowledge of threads to report. You don't even have to hide those threads anymore. Auto. Done. Period.

i feel the same way. once you get used to them it's really not that big a deal. Cred Forums x can force the old captcha v1 for quick replies so i can still type either a small 4 digit number or type nigger for my second word as a fuck you to google.

Has anything changed?

>But if you have to pay for it it's not anonymous
It's actually more anonymous than posting without one because you can pay for the pass with Bitcoin and then use anonymous VPN services.

Sometimes I think Cred Forums is better but I also consider that having a catalog makes it easier to shift through shit threads. 5 years ago most posters just waited on page 1 until they refreshed to a thread they were interested in.

>Not to mention it's a containment board for the worst autists around.
Fucking this
Some /vg/ generals are ok but the vast majority have pure autism with elitism and a small loving circle jerk.

>Cred Forums is fine

>user shoots someone
>another user calls 911
>police take fucking 15 minutes to respond to a call in a high profile thread

SEE IT JUST WORKS

Some people are actually desperate to have threads about the actual fucking videogames instead about the awful fads and people surrounding videogames.

>when dubs were a thing
That was a horrifying time. Say goodbye to the thread if someone happened to get repeating digits

>all these people obsessed with reporting shit that's against the rules
>mfw I just hide threads/posts if I don't wanna see them

I don't bother wasting my time on that shit.

5 years ago you had to make a video game general just to talk about video games
sure there are shitposters here still but there is far more discussion going on here now

there was actual video game discussion though.

>still posting porn when mods are very obviously browsing this thread right now

Cropped porn needs to be bannable.

When has more rules ever improved anything?

Oh that's riiight-

NEVER!

t. Some newfaggot who doesn't understand board culture

>things i don't like that don't actually break rules need to be bannable

you can get fucked bucko

Or at least make not posting sauce a bannable offense.

I agree, it should be banned faster than uncropped.

What's wrong? Worried you won't be able to bait replies with lewd shit?

Cropped porn only brings stupidity.

actually asking for sauce is a bannable offense

>Some guy saw right through me, better call him a newfag!

Fuck off rulesfaggot, if you get such a hard-on for rules, go join the military

Also I forgot to mention, /news/ would probably have to be deleted as well and there would be some level of moderation of shitposting on /blue b/

>/vg/
>videogames

>go on /vg/
>quite literally the first thing I see

lel looks like someone didn't get their sauce

1 Turn Cred Forums buzzwords into random Japanese words to keep Cred Forums leaks to a minimum.
2 make an e-celeb containment board.
3 bring /vg/ and /vr/ back
That should be enough.

Samefagging isn't board culture. It's being an insecure faggot.

Also there has never been any strict anonymity here. Moot has always handed over the info of people who break the law. Unless Hiro implemented a search by pass ID function the mods couldn't look at your post history any more than they can with your IP. I don't understand how you think have an ID only visible to the mods is WORSE than having an IP visible to my mods.

No, fuck you. I'd rather we just get rid of blue boards because people shouldn't be browsing Cred Forums at work/school.

So do these retarded threads

Well maybe if Google didn't become complete pussies and had their IS functional people would be able to find sauce easily.

Its simple, every year hiro asks for feedback on the board and Cred Forums can never agree on what to do, nor can the mods and other staff come to consensus, due to a lack of shits given to the problem at hand.

Then after getting that out of their system, they move on, keep the shitty train moving. and a few autists go to /qa/ to bitch some more.

We've had 10+ threads about this and we got nothing but silence from the staff

What makes you think something will change this time?

You are also insecure though

Don't even try to deny it

That makes no sense.

>deep sea threads

What were those? I see some of them on /x/ but I doubt it means the same.

>t-there's no videogame threads!
Right now, out of 150 threads, there's around 5-6 that aren't video games (ecelebs, doodle or die, etc). If there's a twitter thread or something else you don't like on the front page, report and hide it. This isn't anywhere near as big a problem as you people are making it out to be.

aww
cindy lou who's heart grew too

>responding to bait.

Can we filter "cuck" again?
The meme is become stale

>thinking you're being silenced
Ban people like this

It derails threads into asking for/discussing porn.
It makes perfect sense to ban it.

this

>bring /vg/ back

Oh god no. The fucking circlejerk of posters is too damn annoying. I would just have that shit added to my filters.

>he's right, so I'd better project my shit qualities onto him!

Cred Forums mentality is to stop shit before it gets worse and more entrenched as opposed to ignoring it. Similar logic here for some people.

Cred Forums needed their cuckservative meme, so they removed it. I doubt they would wordfilter it again.

cuck

Are you retarded or just pretending?
Learn to read before you type with your greasy fingers.

If this is the situation, then the actual solution is to just ban the /qa/ autists that invent this narrative that the state of Cred Forums is worse than the a nuclear wasteland.

purge threads that are just thinly veiled picture dumps 99 percent of senran threads

nothing changes because staff don't hold an offical poll

Even if I have, it doesn't matter. I'm capable of moving on with my life when browsing Cred Forums, you aren't.

Thread IDs would do nothing to curtail that. Shitposters will shitpost, shills will shill.

He makes a good point. All the porn has been deleted. Meanwhile, dunkey is allowed a thread?
Someone even pointed it out here. Really, what does it take to get mods motivated?

Fuck the staff. They listen. We bitch.

I can only hope the strong impression left from this thread, which mods are obviously watching, is that everything is okay and the only real bitching is from travelers from distant internet lands and while we respect them we bid them good journey back home.

>is become
has*
fuck I'm too tired

>bring /vg/ back
no fucking way
all that board has devolved to is waifu fags talking about how a particular butthole smells

>he thinks I'm the same guy

you just confirmed your insecurity, congrats

What the hell is going on in this thread?

Senran and DoA threads should be sent to /h/.

They delete the pictures anyway. Most of the time it's a little late but any newcomers to the thread won't be able to see the picture anymore.

100% THIS

They would probably be more appropriate on /e/

No, fuck you, they're video games. You should be sent to Reddit.

This x10

No he doesn't, porn took 30 minutes to delete.

/thread

>Even if I have, it doesn't matter. I'm capable of moving on with my life when browsing Cred Forums, you aren't.
It's just too easy for shitposters to get away with shitposting. There needs to be some kind of protection. Thread IDs are a good solution.
I mean, people try to rob banks all the time. Does that mean the bank should just leave the vault open and look the other way?

I always thought they just ignored that shit since don't spoonfeed/reply and all that just lets threads die off on their own.

greentext threads should be banned

THIS
H
I
S

This
I enjoy a good senran or zero suit thread as much as the next guy, but image dump threads don't belong here

>Thread IDs would do nothing to curtail that. Shitposters will shitpost, shills will shill.
Sounds like something a shill/shitposter would say

Sure you are, samefag.

And the Dunkey thread existed hours before the porn was posted, and exists after the porn was deleted. So you see, he makes a good point. Unless you want to be super literal about the word "instant".

>mfw it's already working
>eceleb and other shitposting getting btfo left and right
>mods kicking ass
>oh wait it was all a ruse
>they only did it for a day or so in order to make us think they care
>shit will be back to the usual crap in a week
I see what you're doing, mods.

this desu

just ban ecelebs

It's best to keep it out of the thread entirely. People go full retard when they're horny.

Yeah, you're right.

This guy hit the fuckin nail right on the head and said it so well to boot.

/THREAD

almost all of the threads are just people dumping a character's art, or saying 'x' is my waifu
if it's actually talking about video games rather than art or waifushit then it should be able to stay

you truly underestimate this website.

Single thread IDs doesn't fix anything. It's even less effective than IP banning.

The only way to stop shitposters is persistent, hidden IDs.

>greentext threads should be banned

i believe that's already a thing moderators have access to.

I can find the threads easily, the problem is finding one that cant be derailed by some kid with insecurity issues trying to get some attention the only way he knows how.

Idiots are simple and fun to watch, trolls (and tripfags) can be ignored, but I cant control a mob and all too often Cred Forums gets swept up by the tides of popular sentiment or by its own desire to be super contrarian.

I don't know of a good way to stop it but there has to be something to at least channel that energy into something fun rather than something lazy and ill-concieved.

>He thinks I meant same fagging

Either you lurk more or go back.

It removes anonymity.

>every fucking year there's always that group of people who want IDs on Cred Forums
>they always think it will discourage shitposting instead of increasing it due to samefag accusations

mods see your IP and a flag

jannies just see your flag

>The only way to stop shitposters is persistent, hidden IDs.
What? You mean like global IDs only mods can see? Don't they have that already?

>this faggot again

Not fully. Also as of late many on Cred Forums are getting fed up with the generals on that board and want them erased as opposed to be allowed up and fully. They believe this elitist attitude is thr best way to handle things.

No. That's called an IP address. It needs to be tied to something that cannot be changed. Like real money. A Cred Forums pass for example.

Their autism would be a useful buffer to get rid of Cred Forums leaks.

It's related to video games, so it belongs on Cred Forums. If you want actual discussion along with a place where you and like-minded individuals have the power to purge everything you don't like, go to fucking Reddit. Restrictions do nothing for Cred Forums other than make it more friendly for Redditors and Tumblrinas to explore on their off-time.

THIS THIS THIS

DO IT HIRO

THINK OF THE MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I like that idea. It's a pretty slow board that doesn't currently have the potential of serving the niche it's trying to fill.

again, if you're banned with a Cred Forums pass, evade that ban, and log back in with said Cred Forums pass, you immediately get banned again.

Being fair, elitism over chinese cartoon is why Cred Forums has barely changed even after stormfags, gamergate, chanology, and even moot's departure.

pretty pathetic looking desu baka senpai

The reason that works is because the mods ban the pass token, not the IP.

Generals have always been against the core idea of this site.

>/thread'ing yourself twice
proof we need thread ids

this is some activision tier jewness

That's not a fresh dick pic, it's made the rounds.

Most of what is posted is NSFW. Global rules supersede board rules unless otherwise noted.

Here's a good suggestion.
Remove gr15
Wait a week or two for barneyfag to fucking kill himself
Put gr15 back

Alternatively, have a moderator fly over to his house to break his fingers. I'm sick of having him sabotage my threads because some other user baited him into spamming it to death.

what is the core idea of this site?

Paywalls sure made somethingawful great right

>he doesn't like anime titties

Look at this faggot

>tfw love the board, the unique culture and its posters
>tfw just can't get into anime because it doesn't appeal to me

It's an abstract kind of suffering.

Point still stands

how so?

anonymoose posting

people need to realize that deleting Cred Forums would just cause it to spill all over the rest of Cred Forums

what we SHOULD be doing is banning any obvious Cred Forums-style discussion outside of Cred Forums

unfortunately our moderation isn't that good because it's all volunteer work

This is why no board should be SFW. What the fuck are people doing browsing Cred Forums at work? Fucking disgusting. I'd rather have more freedom here than restrictions that let some stupid fuck slack off.

Cred Forums is fine the way it is if you ignore threads you don't like

Not really. You're still allowed full access to the site and can still post about as much as any normal poster will do in a day. If you want to post more than that, you have to pay.

Activision Jewry would be a hard paywall.

SomethingAwful sucked because of Lowtax and his administration. Also I seriously doubt you ever browsed SomethingAwful.

I find it a fun game to see what images he can pick out as pony pics.
So far he's 0/15 for my threads today.

1. For every 500 post general, there were maybe 50 on-topic posts

2. If you wanted to talk about something that's not League, Dota, Starcraft, Emulation, Katawa Shoujo, mobile games, Playstation, Nintendo, PC, TF2, Dark souls, Runescape etc, it would be difficult unless its a high volume thread like an ebin twitter post. It was very difficult to talk about an obscure game for longer than 5 minutes because as soon as a league general hit cap, 3 people would make another one. And the generals didn't pervent smaller threads like "wah, my solo-queue sucked, check out this screenshot on how I'm so awesome and my team sucks, elo hell is real!" or "League sucks, dota2 masterrace!"

I'm just explaining the mentality some people/boards take and such.

I get what you mean.

Get over yourself. The only change for you and you buddies would be board color.

This.

If nobody baits Barneyfag, he stages his own stealth-pony thread to "fight the Barneyfags" in. He's mentally ill enough to believe he's a hero for it.

deleting Cred Forums is a meme and you fell for it. the big boy serious time talk is about ensuring it stays contained and "subtle" Cred Forums threads get removed.

This
If you waant to talk about vidya go to le eddit

But that's the fucking point. How much, or how little does something have to be related to videogames?

There is never any concurrences because videogame "culture" is never defined (and probably never existed in my opinion).

>Cred Forums should be nsfw because I said so
last thing I want is a general of people slapping their dicks on graphics cards

>cancer goes away if you don't look at it

>only real bitching is from travelers from distant internet lands
I wish this was true but I've coming here since 06 or 07 shit suck in Cred Forums right now and now we have a chance to discuss the state, the rules, and moderation why give that chance up?

Permaban anyone that writes cuck or shill

There I fixed the board

not realy
you'd just be paying for a season pass of posting
on top of that
you have to fucking pay money to post
you can pretend any way you want that it isnt the case
on top of that most shitposters would probably just buy it anyway
if anything i'd make things significantly worse considering people who dont buy it wont post since they have to pay and people who want to shitpost will be able to do it as much as they want

you can shift+click whatever triggers you, anons

It would certainly help if people would also just ignore bait/shitposters but Cred Forums really can't resist it.

Moot himself spoke out against general threads.

I meant to say:
"There is never any consensus"

/e/ has a very specific purpose and it's hard to find media that fits it well but explicit vidya is basically all /e/ content except for straight porn games

We need more mods instead of jannies. For fuck's sake, there's a dude spamming the thread with porn right now and he's just getting his posts deleted instead of banned.

>this somehow fixes the problem for everyone

fuck off

Bye

Moot doesn't live here anymore, user.

>Season pass for posting
It's $20 for a year and only if you post more than 20 times a day.
>Most shitposters will buy it anyway
Then their pass token is banned and they're out $20 until they pay for another one. That's the point: tie people for an unchanging ID so you can just ban that instead of 50 IPs from airplane mode switching until you get fed up and block the entire range.

You know you can filter those images and you'll never see them again, right?
You're making a big deal out of nothing

There are more ban evaders on Cred Forums than you might guess.

My impression is that the average user on Cred Forums tends to post more in topics he doesn't like.

Its become customary to make an OP that is deliberately baiting.

This is why I keep saying to ban Pepe site-wide. Purge pepe posters.

ephemeral discussions and conversations.

This is also why Moot was reluctant on implementing board/thread archives

He has a point.
It's usually alt-right/ Cred Forums that spams that shit.

>filtering literally hundreds of pictures

Yeah but how are they against the core idea of the site?

I don't really get the hate for these threads. they're more video game related than most other offending content. theirs literally video games right in the post. it doesn't really matter if the image is unrelated.

why do you get so mad about a cartoon frog?

Currently, eceleb threads stay up all day and hit bump limit daily. They are some of the most popular threads on Cred Forums, when there isn't any news or releases to talk about.
It's pretty clear that a lot of janitors and mods are 100% ok with eceleb threads, despite everyone I've seen hating them. You can't claim it's just incompetence if the threads are constantly up, right?

What Cred Forums needs is a clearer definition of "video game culture" in rule 1. The Cred Forums stuff will die down after November, but YouTubers aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so the mods need to take a stand one way or the other, imo.

I actually think the moderation on here is great, considering the size of the board.
Ok, opinion stated, now to never open these threads ever again.

They're probably evading their bans with Airplane Mode. Cred Forums isn't going to be fixed until the mobileposting exploit gets nipped.

Filter content you don't like then, fucking retard. It's a built-in feature for a reason. USE IT.

It has to be directly related to video games. Tweets from game developers, discussion about esports players, this is video games. Admiring attractive video game characters, sharing Touhou doujins, this is video games.

Gotta love how new people think the moderation works. I bet you still think reporting for illegal content notifies every moderator in the site.

You know how fucking easy it is to ban evade?
especially since the mods are pussies and dont do permabans
hell a fucking cp webm that got posted yesterday only received a 3 day

They tend to turn into chat rooms instead of a thread about a specific topic. /ksg/ was a prime example, as were the homestuck generals and steven universe ones in Cred Forums. So much so staff had to cut in and say stop until an actual new thing comes out.

so explain to me how people would get limited to 20 posts a month if they can just switch IPs anyway

The sad thing is people will keep playing poke the retard because it's so easy to trigger him. And the thing that enables the retard is the 'global rule'. If the rule dissappeared he might actually kill himself.

Pic related is an example of why neither side will stop.

Sounds great for hiro and horrible for the community. The site will start dying because of how strict the moderation is.

>Airplane Mode
you don't need to turn on airplane mode to ban evade on a phone. This just shows how uninformed you are

[citation needed]

Read

I wish there was a way for other boards to have their own general dumpimg grounds without making one for each board. /jp/, Cred Forums and even Cred Forums have problems where the generals they host have a decent few posting in them but they don't really fit with the rest of the board. This is especially bad on /jp/ with the idol and monster girl generals.

Who is Moot? I've seen people mention this guy in this kind of threads

The Princess who isn't in the castle anymore.

Why are you so against barneyfag?
Do you jack off to ponies or something?

>theirs literally video games right in the post.

>hurrr "what are some videogames?"

You're fucking retarded if you think any thread made by a frogposter is good. Then again since you're one yourself I doubt you realize that.

It wouldn't, but people would never accept a hard paywall like I would want, so there has to be some lenience.

>The site will start dying because of how strict the moderation is
No it won't. The only difference would be that spamming shitposters either pay money or STAY banned.

Fucking 200-year-old Cher tweeted about the frog; you can't get more irrelevant than that. This site has seen thousands of memes die, but this one is insanely resilient, for some reason.

/jp/ is fucking infested with generals

that shit makes /jp/ look the same each time I visit

first and last two are obvious shitposting
banning a frog is a dumb idea anyway

>Filter content you don't like then, fucking retard. It's a built-in feature for a reason. USE IT.
>fails to mention how posting anime tits would improve site quality other than being able to do it whenever you wanted to

>that Dunkey thread is still up

Make every post end with dubs and ban e-celeb shit.

>p2w site where shitposters flourish

report it then

nothing will change if you don't report shit

>spamming shitposters
shitposters dont spam they just act like retards
the reason they get away with it is that they are still on topic and not actually breaking the rules
the problem is with the people who respond to them
all you would be doing is restricting discussion to people who actually want to talk about video games
and on top of that push away people from the board by forcing them to pay money to actually talk about shit

"what are some videogames?" literally generates discussion about video games. the picture the thread is started with doesn't really matter at that point, does it?

but seriously though, you didn't answer my question. why does a cartoon frog bother you so much?

If it were up to me I would reduce the pass to $10 and require one to post at all. No one would accept that though.

Just make Cred Forums a red board and be done with it

If directly inhaling with your nose the smell of my asshole meant the permaban of tripfags on this board, would you do it?

>Forcing people who don't want to talk about videogames away from Cred Forums
Where is the problem with this?

suck my clit, faggot

I'd really like it if we would not get datamined

Thanks Hiro

I'm convinced it's mods being defiant now.

People don't mention if the reported the thread, because announcing reports will get you in trouble. Just assume that if someone is complaining about a thread, that they have reported it already.

You gotta realize that people will still report others because they believe they are breaking the rules when in reality it's because that poster posted something they didn't like. If people start getting banned for shitposting when it's really just their opinion on something, it will frustrate people.

Airplane Mode, and whatever else. Make Cred Forums's post function nearly unusable on mobile in the same way that page-autosizing cuts off the top of the reCaptcha window. It'll probably get bypassed by a few desperate shitheads, but a fence is better than no fence.

I didnt actually say that anywhere
not surprised you cant read

We know you're deleting your own posts, retard. Actually, I just remembered that's an old trolling tactic. You cheeky cunt.

> Being a rulecuck
> On Cred Forums
kys already faggots
hiroshima nagasaki and his hotpocket niggers only care about farming data and shitposters are the most prolific sources of data to sell

>Ban baraposting
>Ban furries
>Allow contexual nudity like Cred Forums
>thread images must be vidya related
There, I fixed Cred Forums

If that started happening then Hiro would be forced to be more accountable for his moderation staff being heinously incompetent. Shitmods like swaglord might even be canned, because there would be money involved now.

>making Cred Forums unusable
Cred Forums apps exist. As long as the Cred Forums API is around this cannot be applicable.

>10 dollars to post
>anything not related to cost of existing goes directly to a voted on charity each month
>every month bills from keeping Cred Forums up is posted on /qa/ along with the poll for charity

Their generals are actually self-contained though, they just move very fast because the posters in it are obsessive about that shit.

Can we have webms with audio yet?

See
Learn to follow a reply chain you fucking retard

>hell a fucking cp webm that got posted yesterday only received a 3 day
those get reported to your local police you know that right?

Somebody screenshot this as "the average Cred Forums poster in 2016"

>nothing will change if you don't report shit
user, have you been reading the thread?
Reporting does NOTHING. I've even reported that thread, 4 HOURS AGO, twice, and it's still there.
This is why shit never gets deleted because the mods are either lazy or out to lunch.

Sad fact is if you announced your report, your post would be deleted before the reported post

And here lies the problem, people aren't interested in the fucking dumb videogames, they're interested in the fucking drama of the awful people surrounding them.

I don't mean the inane "what games __this kind of person/this celebrity__ plays" but the stuff you mentioned, esports and devs especially, have the tendency to derail into bullshit that isn't videogames.

You can tell what happened when pic related became a thread.

rulefags are shit, I agree, but eceleb shit is always attention whoring cancer

it needs to be sent to /trash/

>literally generates discussion about video games.

This is why I can't answer you seriously if you believe that. Fuck off to reddit.

After a certain point I just started reporting everything as illegal content.
I don't think it makes a difference

But that's more Cred Forumsbait than anything.

I announce reports on a daily basis.
My posts were never deleted.

Youtube, furries and ponies should be the only bannable things on Cred Forums besides the obvious illegal stuff

>all you would be doing is restricting discussion to people who actually want to talk about video games

If this is not what you meant to say, then perhaps explain further.

Is this a case of "ban things I don't like but keep the things I like" again?

E-celebs should go to /vg/.

C-Can you guys please stop being so aggressive and angry? I-I'm getting scared uguu...

Restrictions are ALWAYS a negative. Freedoms aren't always improvements.

Newfags from 2014 would draw comparisons to SomethingAwful en masse as if it proves their point. Hiro would never do it because poorfags would rail against it and idiots who don't understand that lass+VPN is actual anonymity vs. tracked by Google, ISP, and Cred Forums "anonymity."

its not it was a typo and you would understand that if you read the rest of the post
its pretty clear that its not hard to not get banned and shitpost
shitposting isnt just spam
all they have to do is just buy a cheap as fuck pass and post whatever they want
meanwhile people who actually want to discuss Cred Forums cant becuase they are restricted as fuck becuase of it
your idea just encourages shitposting

Funny you should say that since I started to do the same the a few days ago. Still haven't been banned yet.
And I mobilepost. Haven't had to switch IPs once since then.

You still haven't answered my question.

you'll notice none of my posts have been deleted. that's because posting a cartoon frog is not against any rule on any part of the site.

get bent faggot we're gonna release all that pent up frustation on your ass

you know e-celeb stuff might go away just like how linking to streams became a bannable offense because everyone complained about them.

What I think is okay

Gaming videos

What I don't like

Threads about the guy who made the video

For example: threads about that fuckugly tranny cosmo need to be gone

Wow, Dunkey thread was actually deleted, and all it took was several hours!

You Groove You Lose got deleted in the last hour. FUCKING WHY. vidya music is vidya

>Being forced to pay $10 every time you get banned encourages shitposting
What?

OPTIONAL thread IDs.
I've love to be able to tick a checkbox to identify myself in a thread, without having to cook up a tripcode or something.

according to this thread you cant post anything from youtube

Ban when it stops being about video games then. Banning entire topics just because off-topic garbage is commonly found in those threads is the worst thing you can do.

This isn't a safe space
Get bent.

this
Even over the past couple of days I've seen hardly any eceleb threads
>oh it's unpopular now i better not post it or I won't fit in

Trust me, everything is Cred Forums bait only because every English speaking site has become super partisan over something or another.

>implying shitposters get banned
90 percent of the time they dont do anything against the rules to begin with and when they do they arent banned just their posts are deleted
your logic isnt sound in the least bit

I'm an oldfag who has been here since 2012.

Let's stop fighting among ourselves and discuss the important topics in a new thread:

Why were you even in that thread for several hours m8?

>forced tripfagging
Thread IDs are not a consistent identity. You could be posting in 20 different threads at one time and no one could connect your posts from one thread to the other, just the 15 posts you make within a single thread shitposting. They're not a name or a way to identify someone. They would, in fact, do away with tripfaggotry.

Guys, this discussion is never going to work out in our favour.

We're trying to make the site less cancerous. Make the shitposters less prevalent, make it harder for them to fuck up our board. But do you know who DON'T want that? The fucking shitposters. The exact same no-life or no-effort fuckers who are already capable of derailing entire topics for fun.

This is a topic which threatens them deeply. It's not just going to be one or two of them. It's going to be dozens. Dozens of shitposters, all false-flagging and playing both sides and spamming vote counts to make them seem "illegitimate" and in general just shitting things up. Because they're shitposters. One or two can ruin a thread, and there's no way only one or two are in these threads.

Turn on thread IDs, just as a trial. It doesn't have to be forever. A month, maybe. See how much the thread quality improves. It won't stop all of the shitposters, but it'll stop 90% of them. It's way too easy at the moment, and that lowered bar to entry makes it so that every 10-year-old with a phone can go on Cred Forums and muck up everything.

>oh it's unpopular now i better not post it or I won't fit in
People who are obsessed with fitting in always manage to ruin the group they are trying to fit in with.

>Implying shitposters don't get banned

not on Cred Forums they dont

if that's the case, are all links off limits?

That would imply we have staff who's job it is to ban posts and users.

It would also imply that they would do more than just browse the catalog.

I think it encourages more people following their lead and trying to make more generals though. I don't follow /jp/ that much but I feel like there's one or two more idol generals than there was at the start of the year. I do agree that they're self contained but I don't feel like a thread belongs when it passee bump limit and is still not close to reaching page 10 a few days after.

>>Turn on thread IDs
this will never happen

Then Hiro would have incentive to make his mods actually work because now people are paying REAL money for his site.

I've always said this shit needs to be a trial, but that requires hiro to actually do something

thats what people in this thread want

[user was banned for this post] should be used a lot more frequently

What's the point in answering to someone who is biased to their shitty meme?

They don't.

That point is still valid. Cred Forums has become way too arrogant for their own good. You think Cred Forums is the only dumping ground for Cred Forums shit? They've infested other boards as well.

Cred Forums.org/bans

>le mods don't ban people may-may
Literally fuck off.

>OPTIONAL thread IDs.
but that's literally what a trip code is. you don't have to tie your trip to a name

see above

This is absolutely true. And has been the slow growing cancer on this site since its inception

I swear to god, you better not have banned me for the censored image.

yeah like that would happen
people are already paying real money
nothing would change except more shitposting and less people who want to talk about video games

>just as a trial

That's what moot said about captchas and look where we are now. He fucking monetized that shit.

For example:
Everyone and his dog has 4 waifus because that's the cool thing to do.

No it isn't.
Youtube videos of games are fine.
Discussion and youtube videos where the focus is the youtuber is absolute garbage.

>Kids and retards constantly posting
If that wasn't enough.

>but it'll stop 90% of them
too bad the 10% left are the ones that really REALLY fucks up the board

People already buy Cred Forums passes, we have banner ad revenue, Hiro has been caught trying to sell information.

The site is making money, maybe not a profit but it is making revenue.

More money is likely not gonna motivate anyone to do something about Cred Forums.

Less than 1% of users are paying for a pass. When that number becomes 50, 60, 70+% then he would have to start listening and working.

what did the frog do to you, user?

the problem is that most people will still not want to make one
it pushes people away from the site because it just looks like jew tactics

>all those 1 day and 3 day bans

Why, mods? Quit with this slap on the wrist shit and give them a good buttfucking.

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

that would really be throwing the baby out with the bathwater

And yet the problem persists.

So either something else has to be done or more bans need to be carried out.

We need a user limit.
IPs that are inactive for a week or so are removed from the list to make way for new IPs.
This would stem the ever growing influx of newfags and children.
Granted it would retain much of the current shitposters, but it's a step forward.

Nah lad it's just that they're that fucking fast. I sometimes follow those threads and there's typically three at once and they usually have hit the bump limit which is why they create another one. It's likely because /jp/ has a smaller bump limit and the board itself is slower so that's why so many of their generals remain despite saging.

It's not what the frog did. It's what faggot posters like you are doing with the frog. Now fuck off to reddit or kill yourself.

>It pushes people away
No it doesn't. As long as a low number of posts per day were allowed for light users that see no reason to pay for more, like 10-20, the only people that would be pushed away because of a $10/year cost are utter destitutefags and shitposters because they can't post 400 times a day and ban evade when they get fucked.

Ok so thread ID's I know /soc/ id's they don't seem that bad and they seem to only pertain to that one thread (I could be wrong). It doesn't seem like a bad idea to implement on Cred Forums.