20 years have passed, how long will it continue?

20 years have passed, how long will it continue?

At this point, forever. Nothing that makes this much money and exposure for this long ever truly dies.

Sun and Moon will kill it

Doubt it.

That's what they said last generation, and the generation before that.

Climactic ending in s&m. IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

It can continue forever, but they lost me years ago.
Fuck everything after BW1.

No, cinematic endings should have stopped in R/S/E.

The Simpsons would like a word with you.

Not saying Pokemon is dying, but it will happen some time in the future.

>B/W1 hipsters

>I like my nostalgia to be milked forever
Enjoy it user.
No really, enjoy it. I am just tired of giving the money when they don't even care.

Pokemon has made quite a bit more money than the Simpsons, user

>B/W1
>No Volcarona
>Inferior E4
>Regional dex sucks until you basically beat the game
Objectively worse than the sequel.

Nope. You can make another 100 pokemon anytime, and it looks like they could add as many features as they want, user.

Fuck, they can remake the games if they wanted to.

Still better than having your childhood milked forever, by some greedy cunts.
No matter how much you play pokemon, those childhood days won't come back.

If MMOs like Tibia, that are also 20 years old and still exists despite their steady decline over the years, than I can't imagine something like Pokémon dying in the foreseeable future.

I will

>BW1
>childhood
Are you 10 or something?

No imbecile.
I played the originals when I was 15, hence why I am not tied to the games as much as you that played them at 10 or less.
I tried to retake them later, but I just couldn't, I saw that the only thing that impulsed me was the desire to go back to those better days and nothing else.
Farewell.

how long will any of this shit last? when will the last mario come out? the last zelda?

OK' no one blames you for being a literal 40 y/o dropping pokemon

Stopped caring after Gold & Silver.

Anime should have ended after Ash lost the first Pokemon league, a nice tangent about how you can still win despite losing by having friends and family etc.

X/Y were shit and could have killed it all. Sun/Moon seem to be changing things up at long last though.
If all else fails they have Pokemon Go to fall back on. Even though the devs are idiots and should have released Gen 2 already to stop popularity drop as quickly as it has.

The simpson lived from comedy which it lost long ago. They also have the same cast over and over again.

Pokemon can do new things and get new people.

Mario will probably outlive Nintendo. It will go through at least 4 different license holders before people will give up on it.
As for Zelda, well... The state of Metroid these days is telling for the future of Zelda. It's all coming down.

>The state of Metroid these days is telling for the future of Zelda
How in the hell?

GO is a long term project, and Gen 2 is supposed to be out by the end of the year.

Pokemon has a formula that can go on for a really long time that mostly hinges on throwing the money they make back into advertising.

>Marketed primarily at young children with cute monsters/mascot characters.
>TV show features an eternally youthful protagonist, even if older fans grow out of it newer fans can always pick it up without caring much of past events or an overly complicated canon. No one cares why Ash has a Muk, if it shows up again you'll just get a flashback.
>Diverse amount of monsters that only grows with each iteration, just about anyone can find a set of Pokemon they like.
>They introduce features explicitly to make every generation feel unique so they have no incentive to keep them. Expect to not see regional variations, a feature I remember fans asking for since gen 4 to not show up again after gen 7.
>The formula really never changes(Masuda said it wouldnt but Ohmori seems to be about breaking trends) and is made with mass appeal in mind. Even Trials in SM are just a spin on gym puzzles going by promotional content shown so far.
>Junichi Masuda himself explained the games are getting easier because they have to compete with kids attention to free smartphone games and even adults who dont have time anymore. So the games will always be simple pick up and play type games.

I think it could easily go another 10 years world wide unless something else overtakes it, it has to compete with Yokai Watch now in Japan but Yokai Watch doesn't see very large sales outside of Japan and it's merchandising appeal is fucking enormous. If anything they aren't milking it hard enough.

Zelda will never fall to Metroid level of popularity wane.

"It" in this sense being pokemon. Pokemon's merchandising potential is fucking enormous.

>If anything they aren't milking it hard enough.
You clearly don't know Level 5. And YW3 is selling less than 2 by the same time period. Still makes a lot of money, but dropping pretty hard.

Until either Nintendo dies in such a way that nobody obtains the rights to their IP or it becomes indisputably and intimately connected with the Fourth Reich.

Seriously, do not underestimate the purchasing power and casual tastes of the American public.

Forever

This. Pokemon is like a Disney franchise: relevant to all kids, no matter how old

What exactly could they do that they aren't already? Going back to putting their mascots on Kraft Macaroni and putting toys in Happy Meals would be a retread, and they already have merchandise for almost every other field imaginable.

>should have released Gen 2 already to stop popularity drop as quickly as it has.

They should have just held onto the game and made it an actual GAME.

Catching your region's pokemon variety over and over to use in a pointless gym system is fucking boring.

As long as people keep buying Nintendo handhelds, it will still be prevalent.

And with the new shift to mobile even that won't be an option anymore.

>Going back to putting their mascots on Kraft Macaroni and putting toys in Happy Meals would be a retread
Why would moms and kids care about it being done already? More pokemon designs = more merchandizing oppurtunities, look at Dexio's shirt from Sun & Moon, dozens of attempts to recreate popped up from the moment it was even shown. T-Shirts, Hats, Keychains, collectible figures, comics, snacks, stickers, trading cards etc don't have to be a single one and done pump if they're successful.

Companies bring back limited edition things every few years aswell, they can do the same.

Now that they have a very sizeable adult fanbase, they could have released high quality figures.

Expand the anime series into more spin-offs longer than a couple of five minute episodes.

They killed their TCG on their own, unfortunately for them.

They could probably lease their IP to be used for Universal Studios or Disney theme parks.

Reusing old strategies or remaking old merchandise isn't a bad idea actually. Especially after GO became a thing. It's not as big as late 90's Pokemania but it managed to have some very wide appeal.

literally no one said any of that

Longer than Digimon, that's for sure

Zelda games actually sell, but okay

Not that guy but while people may not have actually being proclaiming the next gen will kill Pokemon for good, they have been complaining about Pokemon being dead and GameFreak being creatively bankrupt since gen 2. Seriously, people were mad about Marill and thought Ho-oh was unimaginative as a name.

I think Gen 4 was really the first time I saw it in high concentration and it was on Cred Forums no less, people talking about how they hate gen 3 & 4 designs. Then it shifted to 4 & 5. Now 5 & 6.

It's all just white noise at this point.

I do sometimes wonder how can Pokemon still be so popular and profitable while other similarly aimed kids properties flop after a couple of years. Is it really just because of Nintendo money/marketing? The games themselves are fine, but definitely dull.

The Simpsons is about to go into it's 28th fucking season. It doesn't matter if it's bad, it's still going.

As long as I am alive and other people like me, we will continue to buy all types of Pokemon merch