Why is this such a horrendous PC port?

Why is this such a horrendous PC port?

Literally impossible to guarantee that your wired controllers will work on it, plus it doesn't natively render at 1080p.

List other bad ports, I guess.

Most AAA games are bad ports anymore.

Because the game was already a technical disaster and their budget for porting it consisted of a piece of chewing gum and a couple bus passes.

Dead Rising got a pretty decent port, as did Dark Souls 1, all things considered.

Dark Souls 1 FUNCTIONED. Controllers did work with it and the game was playable.

Deadly Premonition, as it stands, is unplayable for a lot of people, myself included.

Yes I'm salty.

Does "director's cut" mean it doesn't have faggy body wiggle animation or that fat fuck in it

the game is a technical mess on every platform

This

>running it normally makes you only able to aim at the center of the screen
>running it on win98 compatibility mode somehow fixes it but the game runs so slowly there's no point
I tried having it run correctly for 2 days and just gave up and went back to the 360 version, the colors are better anyway and it actually works

This was the game I kept forgetting the name of!

When I first bought it I couldn't even get to the start screen.

I said fuck it and never touched it until later where it just magically worked. I don't know what the fuck happened but I'm glad I got to play it. Was very entertaining

Look for the fixes online. They worked for me though I did crash a few times here and there. Don't fuck too much with the base settings, as those were the biggest problem causers with other users.

Just get 1080p at 60FPS, don't alter the rest.

>waiting for the inevitable guide fag that complains whenever the game is mentioned

It's not unbeatable, but you need to make a lot of compromises

Extra skins for characters, full real ending cutscene.

York is a good guy, he always gets the girl.

>it works for me.jpg

no but seriously, this game is easy to run on windows 7/10

just install, reboot your PC, change the games compatibility to XP service pack 2, the launcher to Windows 98, run the launcher, change the launcher back off of compatibility restart again and then run the game directly through the executable (no launcher) in admin mode.

and if you get the tire squeal glitch just change the game resolution and reboot again

>using a controller

your fault really. adapt to kb&m or stick to your cuckstation, fucko

swery's a hack and this game is irredeemable garbage.

The camera either rotates endlessly or my aim gets locked.

the game runs at 1fps if you set it to win98 compatibility mode, how do you fix that?

DDD was pretty good for a walking simulator and so was Deadly Premonition. He makes really good cult games, yet he sucks at making games that sell.

Should move over to pc, start a kickstarter and make indie games for the master race. That's the only way he'll ever be successful. Big publisher see him as a liability. Yet the suckers in this thread, among others crave this type of experience from their ho hum average AAA titles.

The SWERY hate is real, even after 6 years.

Open the game 60 times.
Have you tried DPfix yet?

Of course I did, the game runs fine for me except that the aiming is only limited to the very center of the screen. Win98 compatibility fixes that but the game runs in slow motion.
My pc can run dark souls 3 at 4k 60fps so it's not a hardware problem.
Does it actually run at full speed on win98 compatibility mode for everyone else? I see this posted everywhere and nobody mentions slowdowns

It worked for me, sorry user.

so you ran it in win98 mode with no slowdowns or you never had the locked aiming bug to begin with?

was the good part he got away with it?

>A mustachio'd Sheriff who fucked deer and turned into Blanka after eating a bunch of seeds cultivated from trees bursting out of women's stomachs. Now that was a nasty one.

>ywn have a beer with based York as he casually discusses the most fucked up shit ever witnessed by human eyes

It's a broken mess of a game, sure. But I can't remember the last time a broken mess of a game made me smile so much. I'd love to see a full biography of the production process, how it gestated for years, and despite everything, it still managed to exist and was made available to the world.

I had the locked aim problem but runing the game on win98 fixed it and I had no slowdown.

I don't even run it in compatibility mode and it was fine for me. Worked great with my steam controller too.

My only major complaint is how much you had to save because it really felt like it could just crash at any given moment.