Ubisoft Dev: PS4 Couldn’t Handle 1080p/30fps

Will PS4Pro finally deliver 1080p30fps ?

wccftech.com/ubisoft-playstation-4-1080p30fps-assassins-creed-unity/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WteZ4c5wzEc
insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/05/05/destiny-registered-players-now-nearly-30-million.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is disgusting desu

>Our console was too shit and devs can't optimise games so just buy a whole new one
>THANKS BASED SONY #4THEPAYERS

This console makes no sense
If I want PS4 games I will buy a ps4 slim for 100$ less
If i cared about graphics that much I would just get a good PC

To be fair, it is Ubisoft saying this and they are retarded.

Kill yourself faggot

That's more or less Ubisoft's fault.

Mgs V is 1080/60

The real problem is that because of the additional power, something like Hyrule Warrors Legends could happen where the game is vastly inferior when played using the old hardware compared to the new one.

The hatsune miku games are 1080p/60

So a game that was made for last gen consoles?

All ubishit games are garbage before we even begin to consider frame rates

It's funny because certain parts aren't rendered at 1080p. Proven by the PC ports LOD handling.

also looks and plays like shit

>MGS V is 1080/60
Not on PS4.

> PS4 Couldn’t Handle 1080p/30fps

That is such bullshit. I've seen tons of games being able to pull off near 60fps at 1080p right on the ps4.

>other devs manage better
>ubishit claims they can't even get 30fps @ 1080

Gee, I wonder who the issue here is.

Well, Driveclub proves him wrong: 1080p native, 30fps ultra locked and probably the best looking game on console

>Ubisoft told people to get better graphics cards in response to being told their games are unoptimized

This is kinda interesting seeing them bash Sony though.

It is, stupid faggot.

The ps4 has enough power to handle 1080p/60fps. The problem is that developers are too lazy to do it.

>Will PS4Pro finally deliver 1080p30fps
No because its literally the exact fucking same as the PS4 except with 1 more unlocked core for extra power, which is a pitiful increase at best. And yet idiots will buy it up and pay an extra hundred dollars for an unlocked APU core.

What a fucking terrible generation this has been. This coming from a PS4 owner.

>Will PS4Pro finally deliver 1080p30fps
>No
>This coming from a PS4 owner.

baka desu senpai

What would you rather have on console, a graphics downgrade (most AAA games nowadays) or a resolution downgrade? (Quantum Break, most CryEngine games)

Graphics downgrade, smart LOD. Less focus on postprocessing and more on scene detail. I think 1080p is the allowed minimum right now.

>xbone and ps4 are the same
>ignore the MS moneyhat
lmao fucking frenchies

PC could barely handle 1080p/60fps launch Unity too, took like 4 months of patches to fix that game's performance

whoa what is this.. 1080p30 the division?????
youtube.com/watch?v=WteZ4c5wzEc

>PS4 Couldn’t Handle 1080p/30fps
Is this a meme?
I've played several PS4 games with 1080p and a constant 60 fps.

It's more like they would have to compromise graphical fidelity, and you can't give the sonyggers inferior graphics because they'll chimp out.

Why don't console games have an option to lower the graphics settings and run at 60 fps or to raise the graphics settings and lock at 30?

MLB 14: The Show is 1080p 60fps. oh let me guess I'm not allowed to post sports games, racing, fighting games, indie games, Doom or COD? well fuck you too if you're gonna just move the goal post. PS4/XB1 have 1080p 60fps games I don't understand why people keep denying this.

It requires extra work for little benefit to sales. And the CPU almost definitely bottlenecks it anyway.

They dropped the ball. They should have been pushing 60 FPS with this new console. I would be finally praising Sony for something. Instead they're pushing two memes, an HDR meme and upscaled 4K

retarded

insomniacgames.com/how-much-does-framerate-matter/
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/05/05/destiny-registered-players-now-nearly-30-million.aspx

once the Pro/Slim come out, that should drive the price of the OG 500gb down, right?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about 4k.
And if I wanted my games to look nice, I'd play them on my PC.

Yeah but any multiplat games would have the various graphics settings already set up for the PC port, wouldn't they?

>MGSV is 1080p/60FPS on OG PS4
>RotTR has a 1080p/60FPS mode for PS4 Pro
>Developer of shitty broken games that can't even function on super computers says the hardware isn't powerful enough
Fuck off

Explain Battlefront

>We're too retarded and dont understand this console

Why doesn't ubisoft just ask naughtydog for help

He's right though.

These useless incompetent devs blame the hardware for their ineptitude

Battlefront is 900p broseph

no because like super niche portion of console playerbase cares about that feature that would cost time and money to implement
they can't just throw in sliders without bugtesting it

>and probably the best looking game on console

For a 900p game it looks better than anything on the PS4 and at 60fps too.

>Tesselation on bricks until just ahead of car where everything is flat textures again.

Nice

That's not tessellation, it's actually just a flat texture but everything in front of the car looks even flatter since the PS4 can't into texture filtering.

I don't disagree, Endor puts any recent Ubisoft game to shame. Honestly Ubisoft's graphics programmer need a lesson from DICE

>people ACTUALLY LISTENING TO FUCKING UBISOFT THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAID FEMALES WERE TOO HARD TO MAKE/MADE ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY AND ARE KNOWN FOR DOWNGRADING ALL THEIR GAMES REGARDLESS OF PLATFORM BECAUSE THEY'RE INCAPABLE OF PROPERLY DEVELOPING GAMES
A large majority of games run 1080/30 and even 1080/60, just because they cant do it doesnt mean the machine itself cant

parallax mapping itt

Driving games are good at tricking the player, the cars look good and everything else looks shitty but it manages to look good in motion.

They just use lots of motion blur.