Ded Games Thread

Shill your dead game ITT:

Dirty Bomb-
>made by the creators of Brink (was shit)
>another Overwatch/TF2 clone

Pros:
>requires actual aiming and skill
>hitboxes aren't HUGH MONGOUS
>teamwork actually important
>fast-paced, balanced classes
>doesn't visually look like a SJW anime
>F2P (this can be a con too)
>but not pay2win with cards system

Cons:
>low population
>aimbots pre-lvl 10 (they get reported and kicked before reaching 10)
>F2P means russians and br's rampant
>free merc rotation, takes about 4 days grind to buy a new hero/champ/merc

It's fun though just wish more people played. What other dead games are out there you wish had a higher pop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA
youtu.be/w2mvT1ddiBc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYpvWRdoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever happened to woto.io? Went on and shit's dead af. I was the only guy there

Never heard of it, just checked it out
wotoo

wtf you do in this?

Oh, don't bother. You've surely heard of .io games, it was just another one of those but I was surprised to see it so dead. It used to have pretty active threads here

They are just average black niggers with no cultural appropriation aesthetics.

Overwatch has a DJ brazilian with dreadlocks and a boombox, a lesbian with pink hair, and a literal ape,also they made the chink girl fat which is literally impossible.

>dirty bomb
>Overwatch clone

Thanks for the (You). :^)

>lesbian
Never once confirmed or even hinted. I know at least 6 hetero girls with dyed hair.
>Asians can't be fat
Lol, found the fat with chink fetish

It's the easiest way to describe the genre, it's gonna be called that as the thread goes so might as well get it over with.

Evolve, it was alive for 2 and a half days, it's been dead since.

I regret not buying in day one. That game looked fun as fuck. I loved the prehistoric type creatures wandering the landscape.

NO MAN'S SKY
I mean...

[ DO NOT BUY ]

Is this actually still fun? I remember only playing it for a week, did anything change or get fixed?

This is literally dead.

It was great fun too.

Yeah, now you have to wait 45mins to get in a multiplayer match. Feelsbadman

rip ;__;

It actually became less fun because if you didn't play it religiously for hours at a time you instantly got smashed by premade teams no matter what.

god
GODDAMNIT TUDE WAS THE FUCKING BEST
SPAMMING HIS DASH AND HIM GOING " HEY "
FUUUUUCK

Resident Evil Outbreak

shut the fuck up

you can't clone a game before said game was ever conceived

Chivalry.
It's only brs and try hard clanfags now.

>yfw an entire year of fucking nothing
>no new maps
>Turtle still not in the game

not that i'm surprised Splash Damage games after Enemy Territory are destined to fail

Keep in mind, this isn't photoshopped and was taken from their own trailer.

>it's a beta!

Yeah man I don't get why it's taking ages to release a character where the only gimmick is to place a shield on the floor.
And then with Aimee it took them months to make and she's completely useless.

Jelly Battle.

What is wrong with his thighs?

;________;

Nearly every Korean MMO with the introduction of pay to win.

>tfw pubstomping as vasili
havent played in awhile though

tfw tree of savior looked fun before release
but it's garbage as expected from korea

>another Overwatch/TF2 clone
It came out three years before Overwatch and besides having classes its nothing like TF2 either.

same with lost ark online, game looks fun in the gameplay vids, but since it's korea it'll probably just end up being shit

Why do every Korean MMO come out dead within 2-4 weeks after release? What the fuck are Koreans doing/thinking?

This one hurts me the most, such a great gameplay completely wasted

You forgot another con

>published by Nexon

cause it's a grindfest

What's weird is that in this case, Nexon being the publisher is irrelevant.

Precisely how DED is Dirty Bomb, anyways?

Mabinogi.

I like the game, but there are nothing but whales remained.

The game is dead dead dead.

I don't think you're familiar with their track record for the FPS genre.

This, its on staem and the dev is from London, how would Nexon influence?

Archeage.

Please fucking play

I will literally never not be mad at EA for pulling the plug on DAWNGATE

>Good Lore
>Only have to manage cooldowns, some shapers had a secondary resource
>LIZARD MONK
>Talking with devs
>Interesting but tied together characters
>Actually fun to play in all roles.

Granted, it was an Assfaggots during the rise of league of losers. But EA pulled the plug before they even had a ranked mode and a new character about to come out.

I got to ded gaems to shill.

First is Blacklight Retribution. Fairly fun game with amazing gun customization and some interesting gameplay things, like calling in Hardsuits and using a built in wallhack.

The other is Atlas Reactor. It hasn't even come out yet it feels ded. It's a real time strategy game where you command your Hero to attack. The closest analogues I can think of would be X-COM.

If it helps at all, apparently some of the devs from Dawngate are working on a new project called Shardbound.

4 days to unlock a new merc? I played in the beta and it was much, much shittier. I remember logging in every 3 hours or whatever when the challenges reset and even doing them multiple times a day it took fucking forever to unlock anyone.

The Problem with Archeage is that you have to treat it like a fucking job to get anywhere...Wake up, tend farm, craft packs, move packs to staging area, once that is done load merch ship, drive said ship to trade in. This all takes FUCKING HOURS

It worth mentioning as well that other players can fuck with your shit as well.

I mean no wonder people would rather use sites like PA or other gold selling sites. The game lends itself to p2w whales buying the ever living shit out of everything and skipping the fucking rng crafting system.

So much time and money wasted on my part. Wish i could get it all back...

Quite.

I do sometimes miss Blacklight.

Yeah, I heard from reddit
Im pretty excited for their new game, whatever they may make. The devs were just so cool to talk to, and they were enthusiastic as fuck. The day I found out Dawngate was closing I looked around and even the Devs had no idea until a few hours later when the news spread.

Wow battleborn is the most dead for such a polished high profile game by a big dev

RaiderZ

Pros:
>Action fast-paced combat system
>Balanced classes
>PvP is the shit
>Team PvP can be chaotic but fun as fuck
>Not Pay2win. Skill is far more important than gears.

Cons
>Korean MMO
>Always associated as Vindictus' clone
>Overshadowed by Tera online popularity
>Lack of update and content
>Publisher and Devs were bunch of lazy fucks
>Loose security, hackers are abundant
>Literally a dead game

I miss this fucking game. I didn't spend tons of money on it but I almost failed my Bachelor degree thanks to thousand of hours for practicing my PvP skills.

Jesus Christ....
Yeah, from I've heard good things about the game and it's devs. Shame they got shafter like that.

I don't even know if going F2P could save Battleborn at this point. They'd have to find way to market the fuck out of the F2P announcement.

Look, I'll be the first to defend Battleborn because I actually like it, but Gearbox dropped the ball hard. Not just in the advertsing department, but in the game itself. They've made no effort to encourage growth in the playerbase, and the balance is okay at best. It's also got a good bit of bugs and glitches, OP gear items, and an awful matchmaking service, which combined with a small playerbase, makes it very difficult to find games for anything but Story Mode and Incursion.

Downloadable on steam and office locations are not proper arguments, so.....

>influence how micro transactions go
>influence on the loadout system
>influence on how fast to obtain currency and items
>influence on certain balance changes to keep 'customers' happy
>korean based company so out of touch with western audiences
>terrible track record for FPS games(blacklight retribution)

But that's the thing, though, all the hallmarks of Nexon's moneygrubbing are almost all absent from Dirty Bomb. It's easy to earn enough credits to unlock Mercs, and getting cards isn't too difficult either.

Also, Nexon didn't publish Blacklight.

WAKFU
pros:
>player driven governments with elections
>cool interactions with the world mobs that can include driving a spawn into extinction
>fun and interactive non-fighting things to do in the game
>unique artstyle and classes
>ff tactics style mmo gameplay (might be a negative for some)
cons:
>more grind than a korean whore

i played months of this with my ex-girlfriend, so many good memories ;_;

For the record, here's the only F2P games on Steam that aren't dead. (10K concurrent players or more)

What went wrong Cred Forums?

I've played this for roughly 200 hours and Dofus for countless hours, but my problem with Wakfu is that you basically go from region to region, and you never look back. It's quite linear compared to Dofus.

But I miss it, I'll probably start a new character once v1.48 hits.

Bloodline Champions

actually im not gonan bother.

youtube.com/watch?v=NSyIzGfTEBA

video games.

>his

>I just parrot what I read
Funny is that neither is the girl a lesbian, the Chinese one isn't even fat.

the wheat got cut from the chaff

the f2p market is pretty set in stone now, nothings gonna topple any of those giants except the occasional FOTM game (paladins)

people have figured out how to monetize f2p for success, generally using a strange mix of cosmetics, sidegrades and progression boosters

Fuck TripWire.

I fucking loved this. 1 vs 100 on the 360 was the greatest shit ever.

Did MIcrosoft ever explain why they shut it down? It was popular as SHIT

>tuned in every week at 8 to play
>tfw you will never get in the hot seat and win actual prizes

what game?

Early Access was a mistake.

Hopefully it'll get a small surge of new players once it's out of Early Access and goes on sale.

>once it's out of Early Access
Wasn't it supposed to come out of EA some time ago?

Paladins will be dead in a week, it is only pop now at launch,
the rest is ok

It literally ET classes nigger

Didn't people say the same thing about Smite when it came out? Paladins is a free Overwatch, I think it'll stay up there for a while.

Though it's a moba at least smite is one of it's kind as a 3rd person moba, Paladins is literally Overwatch chinese knockoff downgrade for poor brazilians

>10k is what is considered alive
you stupid fuckers dont know the meaning of dead game.
when you literally cannot play the game due to lack of players needed, THAT IS A DEAD GAME! When you can have an entire games community on your friends list, thats a fucking dead game. Fucking 200+ players is fine for something like a fucking fps with a max server count of 12.

>OW clone
>made by Splash Damage
>made years before OW and coined as a reimagining of the Enemy Territory class system.
>ET came out in 2003

I know Overwatch babies don't play FPS or video games much, but it's sad they dont know Wolfenstien games.

>chink girl fat which is literally impossible

At least you can get a game at any time of the day. Server browsing is a must for low pop games, matchmaking is shit.

It sometimes takes me up to 2 hours to find a Meltdown match in Battleborn even when there are 1K players.

If you can't boot up a game and find another player nearly instantly, then the game is dead.

Bloodrite is coming out

It's a weird mashup of CoD and CS:GO with a GitS paint job. Recommended for anyone that misses playing Blacklight Retribution.

DB unranked is near instant queue.

BB either has a ton of afkers or shit matchmaking

>Abandon this on the 360 after it was a massive hit
>Abandon it again on PC in favor of Super Monday Night Combat
>Completely fuck up SMNC with piss poor balance and transactions out the ass
>Abandon the game again in favor of a kickstart for some other shit

Will never touch an uber game again.

>2,664 players currently online

That's fucking pathetic.

Dead Space 2 on pc. Why?

youtu.be/w2mvT1ddiBc

pre order :(

Really? I can't wait for the PEWDS ans MARRRRRRKKEEEYYPLYER to play it

havent payed this i ne like 5 yaersz

dude what if "rusty hearts" was called "musty sharts"?

>Though it's a moba at least smite is one of it's kind as a 3rd person moba

i play KF2 almost every other day, i have no problem finding a game or anything, i think once its comes out of EA in November it will be great, its also going on sale for PS4 the same time.

I really enjoy the game, it's not completely ded, but could really use more players.

I just feel bad for gearbox at this point.

shazbot...

it's mindless fun, which isn't bad but it won't last long.

I know, I played the closed alpha, it's shit.

it's a lot slower, you only have 4 abilities at the start, EX abilities are now only 25% energy, not 40%, one of your "regular" abiltiies requires 25% energy, so it's like having 4 abilities, 3 Ex's, and an ult

the 'bloodrite' shit you pick during the match at the beginning of each round is actually kind of interesting, but it's basically the talent choices from heroes of the storm.

it's not terrible, i'll definitely try playing it for a while, but i feel burned out and upset about it after less than 20 games. Meanwhile I can still play BLC (albeit with like 110 ping, cuz the only active servers are in europe) and the speed and precision feels a lot better.

And fucking whirling blade isn't an EX on a 15 second cooldown, that you can spec-into it refunding the energy if you hit someone with it. Like, what the fuck?

Psychopomp actually has an RMB in BLC. In battlerite, her RMB is fucking other side, and she heals by LMBing her teammates. Great -_-;

Also, I fucking hate the art style and the design of the characters. I know they need the 12 year old league of ASSFAGGOTS and minecraft autist audience, but holy fuck, the alchemist lines are awful, pomp's lines are awful, nomad is completely unlikeable, they turned engineer into a fucking grandma (not kidding) and inhibitor is now an archon from SC2 basically (formed from other inhibitors, says 'power overwhelming' a lot)

the voice acting and shitty music and art style are enough to make me turned off, but i'd play it anyway if the game was good.

the game itself is worse than BLC.

I like the new energy rune.

I like how they fixed healers being too strong in 2v2 (longer heal cooldown that scales based upon how many people you're healing, so if you're in 3v3, you can cast heals more often than in 2v2s).

I kind of like the battlerite system.

I liek how they went back to the "BLC 1.x" style of low(ish) health pools, low numbers for attacks, no runes/gems

I agree its really fun to play and at least the voice actors make you feel like you're actually in the GitS universe

not even close to dead

is thi storchightlit

torcghlith

torchlight 2???

Dead Island Epidemic

Who would've thought putting 3 teams together in a match vs each other was a good idea.

>try to log into Blacklight after not having played in years
>banned for botting
>ask if it can be appealed
>no
>ask if they can find where i've logged from in the past year or so (to see if some chink hijacked my account)
>no
>they suggest i create a new account and buy my gear back

>tfw you will never experience the multiplayer/online aspect of every game when they were at their peak

I honestly feel forced into buying games like this on release because of this

I remember playing on the alpha, closed beta and open beta of this game. By the time the game came out, I just got bored with it. The devs were lazy and didn't put enough content to keep people playing this grind fest.

I knew it looked familiar.

I actually played DIE before it was released.

Poor stunlock :/

It was actually a pretty cool game, 4v4v4, some weird moba-style thing, lots of inspiration from BLC, but not really, like, a good game by itself. The coop stuff was interesting. It had lots of potential. I liked the idea, but it needed more.

How many layers of 'high as balls' are you on senpai?

I'll never understand the fascination with this game. The classes were retarded and the rotation made it worse. I remember them adding a character with frag grenades that destroyed the per-conceived map design built around "sticking together" where the only tolerable map was the subway.

Because you either have to grind for 400 hours to get anywhere or open up your wallet you cheap fuck

I just got Dead Space 2 on PC like two days ago.

What am I missing?

because they're shit

the first one

but really, a good game

but fucking seriously make sure you play the first one first

I beat the first one on PS3 like a year back and loved it.

Is the multiplayer on 2 worth a play?

its meh, I played it once or twice, didnt care much for it

but the campaign is where the meat is really

just one of the best games ever tbqh

This game had so much promise, but it got hosed by the great balance vs. innovation debate, then tried to move to PlayStation, and is now pretty much dead. I paid for the closed beta too, so I'm extra bitter.

I spent like 20 bucks on cosmetics in this game while it was still alive on Steam, because I wanted to support the devs. Then they abandoned the game and went to PS4.

Never again.

Its s-still fun. Please play it

What made it appreciably different from the other dozen failed arena FPS revivals?

This game is never going to reach 1.0.

Wargame: Red Dragon.

An Eugen developed RTS set in an alternate history where the Cold War escalated into full scale war. Somehow no one was retarded enough to use nukes. It plays very well now, but early in its release it was plagued by balance issues.

>pls raise the player count and free me from winrate checking elitists

That game had some beautiful death animations, and great looking cartoon blood

RIP Harambe

Yeah, this was pretty good.

the gameplay/immersion was top fucking notch but theres literally 0 people playing

>woto.io
I love you

>Unranked

Probably because its taking seven billion fucking years to come out.

How active is this? It takes 3 minutes to find a match, and I see the same people often.

I much prefer it over LoL or Dota cause I don't wanna go too hardcore into games.

Ranked is dead and 5v5 Stopwatch only. Stopwatch can end up being long as fuckabd the gane is less fun to a lot of people with smaller groups.

Apparently the dev is a pretty big douchelord and it caused interest to drop off quickly.

Hammerfight.

It's a shitty Russian physics game with both a high skill ceiling and a low floor, simple controls, and a novel setting.
They've even got a demo.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYpvWRdoM

Skullgirls is one of the better fighting games that should be more popular to the competitive players because of stuff like the balanced roster, depth and great netcode

one of the best to start out with too with the simpler inputs and tutorial but don't bother if you're too lazy to find friends or random people on your level to play with you

it's on sale for less than 5 bucks in some places

yeah rip

played this shit before it was on steam even, great fun with custom modes and junk

Wings 2
By the time I found it it was already dead, like discovering an abandoned tomb in the middle of nowhere

jesus i remember playing this yeeeeears ago, i didn't even know it was on steam

The game is the mouse equivalent of the Mario Party boo minigame. And you can't set the sensitivity too high or else you're gonna lose all finesse

Seriously, it will fuck your wrist up

You have to set it high though. Or rather, low, since that setting's retarded.
I've found timing is more important than precise swings, and you need the sensitivity to move around quickly anyway.

I wonder how it'd do with a trackball...

Sounds like garbage, I'll pass.

It's ok because we still have DFO right guys, RIGHT!? Fuck I miss this game so much. ;_;

ah skullgirls

never again will i fall for the "fighting games on pc" meme

it was dead on arrival. fighting games will never be popular on the pc

What's DFO? that webm looks dank

Dungeon Fighter Online

God fucking damn I hate Uber

so dead the dead community kickstarted its revival from getting bullied by Konami

get some friends to play with
the netcode is great so you can even play with any of your online friends

>No PVE mode that's thematically similar gameplay wise to Rainbow Six

I just wanted a GitS PVE game that had tacticool gameplay, not "Another PVP shooter: The F2P game"

If Warframe is not dead, it will be soon considering how DE's philosophy on game balance is nothing short of abusive towards it's player base.

For example, people have been asking for universal loot vaccum basically since carrier prime came out, and what do they do when they FINALLY get around to it? They split it up into 3 whole mods that vaccum different kinds of loot. I'm currently looking for different games to play that have the same kind of longevity, cause I am so done with DE's shit.

Warframe is like the 3rd most popular F2p on steam behind dota and tf2

I played this with a buddy for a couple of weeks
somewhat entertaining
the guns feel relatively good

grind is unforgivably long in classic nexon style, which meant that once we started wanting to experiment we got like 1 weapon deep and quit because it would be fucking impossible to grind out shit to experiment with.

Speaking of dead games that shot themselves in the fucking foot and killed their own longevity: Loadout!

this game had a great premise, was fun as fuck, and looked/ran/felt fantastic. Building your own gun was genius, but it was all about experimentation and what do they do? Lock fucking saved weapon slots behiind a paywall. They wanted you to pay for cosmetics, pay for quicker unlocking of weapon parts, both of which would be acceptable, but on top of that they wanted to charge you to be able to build more than 3 different weapons and try them out in game at once

fucking

idiotic.

Infinite Crisis

Yes it was a moba
Yes it was buggy, unpolished, and imbalanced

But goddammit I've wanted a game where I can just fuck up scrubs as Superman since I was a kid and no other game has let me fly across the entire map in 3 seconds just to fuck up that one kid who was shit talking all game.

That alone makes me miss it.

if they hadn't been such colossal jews and charged for weapon save slots it would have managed to keep me interested enough to keep playing longer than a week at least.

try Smite and play Apollo, his ult is literally that

I know but it's the fact that it's Superman. I know that sounds dumb but I love the character and this was the closest I've gotten to actually playing Superman if that makes any sense.

Try Superman 64 it's the closest you'll get to feeling like the real Superman.

That's because an update just dropped. It'll fizzle out eventually.