I hate people who think MOTHER is the most original thing ever because they never played DRAGON QUEST

I hate people who think MOTHER is the most original thing ever because they never played DRAGON QUEST.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jLUDMrmjgjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the main reason why people like the MOTHER series because of nostalgia? I never got into it so I never understood why so many people liked it.

I like the series, but the fanbase kinda makes me hate it. Most of the fanbase consists of normie Americucks that like the series because of Amerifat pop culture references.

>MOTHER series because of nostalgia
Yes, that and "feelz"

These days, Mother is very much a thing for hipster weebs and people who like Smash Bros and thought the "BEE GAY FIYAH!!!!!" kid was a silly Asian boy. Still, Earthbound and Mother 3 are very good JRPGs with enjoyable gameplay that just so happen to have been a precursor to the "lol randum" humor the children on Tumblr enjoy

Dragon Quest is solid but it is the most generic bare bones medieval JRPG. Save princess, beat dragon.
Final Fantasy mixed it up by starting as that then adding sci-fi shit.
Mother however took place in a modern setting, replacing magic with PK with one of the most massive overworlds and all kinds of unique twists.

I've played all the NES DQ games and I still think Mother is really original. In '89, Mother, Sweet Home, and Phantasy Star II all came out and did really interesting things with storytelling in RPGs.

and charm, and wit, and character, and fun gameplay (in 3)
it's the kind of game you just can't pull off today

When do we start shitposting about Mother 4?

Nah, it's about feelfags and
>muh feels
At least the combat was fun in 3

I hate people who think DRAGON QUESF is the most original thing ever because they never played SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

is there really anything else to be said

except back when it first came out it was original enough - during a time when every RPG in the industry was fantasy-based, medieval themes, Earthbound gave you a baseball bat and aliens.

youtube.com/watch?v=jLUDMrmjgjQ

mother>dq2>dq1

earthbound is just mother ""HD"" and has very dull gameplay. mother 3 is much better in that regard. basically anyone who says earthbound is good has never played an rpg

not true: momotaro densetsu
langrange point
scheherazade
metal max
gargoyle quest

>metal max

Fuck yes

Why do people hate Mother?

mother is alright for nes dq clone but earthbound is shit. i cant think of a worse rpg on snes

But they've played EarthBound probably so they've played one rpg

Sweet Home and Mother are both of my games. They both had cool twists to them at the time. I disagree. I feel as if DQ was the basis, yes. But they branched out, just as other platformers branched out from Super Mario Bros.

You know what's funny?
A lot of RPGs at the time used the same engine as dragon quest, i mean like the exact same engine in the SNES era. Earthbound was one of them but there are a lot more. Mother 3 was the only game in the franchise with its own engine.

But no one thinks that.

A great game, yes.

But the most original? Nah.

Those are shit though.

Nobody considers it original because of its gameplay.

the music is top tier tho

Not as shitty as mother lmao.

I love DQ and Mother.

Earthbound is a gem but it seems to attract the most pigdisgusting imitators.

>Yiik
>Undertale
>Lisa (Which is alright)