Healin

Hey, Cred Forums!
It's MMO season again and an important question raises into my mind.

What MMO has the most satisfying healing?

post more sassy healer

fuccboi healers should fuck off

Whoa, brother, That ain't what I'm askin' here.

get this faggot shit out of here

>dat bulge

she's kinda cute

>she

>I took the bait

>has

kind of weird this meme is with healers and not the tanks that take it from monsters on a daily basis

>You will never have a sassy healer (male) who you bro it up with while your travels together nurture a slow-burning romance that culminates in hand holding during the parade in your honor for slaying the BBEG

What cruel world is this I have come to inhabit?

>a

why does everyone forget the arrow?

ISN'T IT FUCKING AMAZING HOW NO ONE REALLY TALKED ABOUT HEALERS UNTIL MOST OF THEM WERE CHICKS WITH NICE BUTTS

WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE

>chicks

what the wtf ew gay

>penis

There was some lalafell healer in ffxiv who kept wanting me to treat them as my healslut and fin-dom them.

>You will never have a small qt Healer who will shrink or debuff you so much that you go from Tank or DPS to a mere pet or a decorative piece.

That's weird, why can't they just want a normal healthy relationship with cute snuggling and go completely off the wall in the privacy of party chat?

I dunno fin-dom is the most fucked up, nonsensical fetish ever. It's like everyone's somehow been tricked that having women sleep around on you and take your money is sexy.

where the fuck is my mmo suggestions?

Is there a non meme answer to this? I'm interested too. That being said... is it just me or are MMOs just barren landscapes where you almost never see anyone now? Is being a support viable in these conditions?

post the rest or the source

they're all the same thing just pick one

Mabinogi healing is pretty fun, though a lot of people have multiple pets with aoe party heals they spam instead of actually having someone on heal duty.

there is no satisfying healing in mmos.

Healing fucking sucks.

Most fun I ever had healing was either rift or tbc/wotlk WoW.
Modern MMOs have been doing their best at trying to remove healers and doing a shit job at it, and old MMOs were pretty fucking boring to heal in.

ff14

Everyone speeds to endgame in MMOs because that's where all the action is.

>male healers
they exist? i mean most healers i see are female characters.

Absolutely wrong.
FF14 was the only MMO where I actually hated playing a healer.

>Healers should have to do damage
Haha no

Unironically WoW, potentially GW2 if you want to get into raiding. Healing is pretty shit in general in MMOs

>most healers i see are female characters
*most healers i see LOOK like female characters

Agreed, XIV is a huge step backwards for healing. It's very technical and not a whole lot of fun to play, on top of which you're expected to juggle tons of shit at once.

I'd like to see more interesting types of healers, like necromancer in Guild Wars. Take 50% HP damage but heal 70% over time or something. I think that type of healing could be great fun. You can't just cast Heal on whoever is low on HP, since your heals have negative effects and you might fuck someone over just throwing it out willy nilly

Tera.

>on top of which you're expected to juggle tons of shit at once.

doing damage and managing debuffs and resistance buffs is what makes it fun you shitters

Gw2 raid healing is garbage, you're stuck at this point where your group can do the content and don't need healing beyond random spot heals, or your group is so garbage that you can't possibly put out enough healing to keep them up because arenanet are too afraid to ruin irrelevant aspects of the game by making healing have a worthwhile throughput

Not only do most people not give a shit if you don't do damage, but you're pretty much just standing around with your thumb up your ass if you don't.

>Shit out orbs
>Fun

There was a pseudo mmo anime with the tank being an innocent but extremely horny masochist. Can't remember the name. She was definitely best girl though.

If you don't play DPS then you're a submissive bitch faggot

>doing damage
Nope. Remove Cleric Stance, and healing while doing damage MIGHT be fun. Having a toggle that serves no purpose other than a pointless thing you can fuck yourself on is shitty 11 design.

>Not only do most people not give a shit if you don't do damage, but you're pretty much just standing around with your thumb up your ass if you don't.

That's sort of the problem. There's no small damage, it's all tankbusters, hugee group spikes or nothing. Healers only doing damage because the fight isn't hurting the party is a failure of design, and isn't fun for people who want to heal.

I'll take that boi pucci thank you very much.

Tera healing is godawful.
>trying to target some fucker in a sea of names
Fuck that shit.

Konosuba.

Kono Subarashii.

Aqua best girl.

I don't mind healers being expected to do shit, in a 4 player sized dungeon environment everyone has to contribute as much as they can. I mind that they gutted utility and left the only options "heal" or "damage".
Healers are expected to heal, do damage where appropriate, deal with all mechanics, deal with buffs/debuffs/rezzing shitters, managing MP, when to pot etc.
It's not really exciting or interesting stuff to do, and it's just padding the lack of interesting healing options.

Why did you greentext my entire post?

This is the kind of bullshit I want removed from Cred Forums forever.

How do you design a healer / support class in order to make it interesting to play?

I'm not talking like "oh the Paladin heals everyone around him when he blocks" or whatever. I'm saying how do you turn the healing mechanic in games into a fun mechanic?

>Nope. Remove Cleric Stance, and healing while doing damage MIGHT be fun.
That's retarded
Cleric stance makes you take into account when is the right time when doing damage because of the 5 second cooldown

>a pointless thing you can fuck yourself on

Something being 'pointless' would mean it has no effect on an outcome. Just the fact that you can fuck yourself makes it a valid shitter filter.

Create interesting fights that have a variety of expectations of a healer.
Create a large number of spells that are varied from specific niche to general use and establish a balance between them. Have a variety of different mechanics available for specialization (direct healing, HoTs, group heals, shields, buffs/debuffs to players/mobs).
Make mobs actually a threat so the healer isn't bored out of their minds.

Heals don't heal immediately. Some are HOT, some take a while to kick in after being cast, some come with negative side effects. In other words, you have to plan ahead and pick a spell that will work in the situation rather than just playing whack a mole.

Have a class that crafts potions or something with a crafting mining me and they need to keep crafting to heal people? Or they can throw potions to heal and they need to aim and hit the right team mate?

Healing requires sacrifice. A healer has a huge HP pool but little to no defense or attack. Healing is done by transferring your HP to some one else. You can revive dead players, but at double the HP drain.

removing the holy trinity was a mistake. Every class can be a shitty DPS or a shitty healer now

The point he was trying to make was probably that you don't gain anything by using it correctly, you only stand to fuck yourself over if you use it incorrectly.
It's not risk vs reward tradeoff, it's just risk vs "well i do some extra damage that may shave off a few seconds of any given fight"