ITT Game """"""journalism""""""

ITT Game """"""journalism""""""

That's what it deserves. They're all braindead retardly easy games with an awful randumb humor that simpletons enjoy.

Sounds to me like it's doing exactly the same thing it always does. If you like that, what's the problem?

Why the fuck do you newfags use so many quotation marks?

>Shitting on based IGN
I thought we kicked all you goobergate virgins out. Go take your pathetic war against games journalism elsewhere, because it's not welcome here.

I dunno, IGN thinks each installment in a series should be nothing like the last.

correct score for fanfic game that treat Phoenix like step ladder for Apollo.

AJ was last actual AA game

>AJ treats Apollo like a step ladder for Phoenix and it's a shit game
>SoJ is the opposite and is pure kino
Stay mad, PWbabby. Nick still got a DLC case all to himself.

Phoenix played mentor role in AJ. not using Apollo in bad way

>Why the fuck do you newfags use so many quotation marks?

I think they are trying to emulate a racist google plug-in extension

>I didn't play the game

He forced Apollo to use forged evidence during his first trial

>rating a game based on the series instead of individual merits

I will never understand why people had such a hardon for defending that game

It is growing stale.

bribery money

If it's not a genre you enjoy that's one thing. But within its genre it's a damn solid entry. Anybody who has ever enjoyed an ace attorney game would give this an 8/10 at least. If you hate ace attorney review genres that you actually have credibility talking about.

A game should be judged for what it is, not for what it isn't. There are tons of Mega Man games that play similarly, but that doesn't mean they're all necessarily the same thing.

It's all Tanabe's fault.

why the fuck do people think game journalism was better than it is now? you delusional redditor gamergate weiner suckers.

>defending IGN

Even if you're joking, that's like the 9/11 of jokes.

>Complains that AA6 just uses Phoenix as a ladder for Apollo
>Says the last real game is the one where Phoenix lost his badge so Apollo could be the star.

I'm sorry, I don't understand

Nah. Spirit of Justice might be the best AA game since T&T. I'm not even kidding, it did a LOT of things better than AJ and DD.

No one said it used to be good. Games journalism has always been awful hence why we make threads mocking it

>forced
the word u looking for is tricked. and that's part of Phoenix character development.

Apollo wasn't the star in AJ. He's just an errand boy for Nick in that one.
That forged evidence was the only way to corner Kristoph. In a way, he was forced.

The writing is good but I miss Investigation sections that didn't hold your hand

he lost his badge but he still got his wits and cunning. Phoenix in SoJ is opposite of that. all character development is gone and now he's even more stupid than first 3 games.

But it's a legitimately terrible entry in the series. It's just as shitty as DD, except now the writers decided to invent a convoluted, senseless backstory for Apollo out of fucking nowhere developed in just one case.

The whole game is too wordy, too lengthy for no good reason, there's a flashback every ten minutes, way too many characters just cause, the cases aren't too interesting and it's generally not as well written as the first trilogy (with all of its faults).

>Gaming """Journalism"""
>not just paid shills

to tricked Apollo to use it Apollo doesn't know before hand. i he knew and Phoenix still insist in doing it that's force.

>It's just as shitty as DD,

It's a overall harder and challenging game compared to Dual Destinies, and it has Investigations for every area unlike Dual Destinies which were two main complaints people had with Dual Destinies that were addressed in Spirit of Justice.

Games mags are staffed with SJWs who tear down Japanese games at every opportunity because the Japanese won't bribe them or get on board with the Jewish scheme to destroy their culture and degrade their genepool with brown DNA.

But he's right.

But the writing is shit and it's still long-winded as fuck. Who cares about difficulty when the story is fucking terrible, user?

>the final game in an overall mediocre trilogy gets a mediocre score

What makes the writing bad in your opinion? I can agree on the flashbacks thing.

Also it's wordy probably, due to the new setting and all the new religious and cultural stuff they have to explain for the Khurain side of the plot. Also it can't be as bad as DD like you said, if it fixed issues people had with that game.

If you can't tell he's just talking out of his ass then there's no hope for you.

First post nails it, as always.

>Last actual AA game was AJ
>The one that ruined everything about AA and it took 5 and 6 almost 10 years to completely fix the train-wreck of a story it brought about.

Your game was shit. Stay mad Kristoph.

never understand people paying for visual novel like games

>series' formula is growing stale
>Overwatch 10/10
>literally the old TF2 formula

Game "journalism" is dead after the internet is open for anyone.

Why would I listen to a paid person if I could just read different opinions of real gamer?

How about the first case lasting for 3:30 hours and just being a lot of LAWYERS ARE BAD WAA WAA WE HATE ATTORNEYS WAA WAA. And how about it not making any sense at all? And what the hell happened to Phoenix's personality, why is he such a terrible attorney that bluffes everything now? He was a fucking pro in AJ and now he's practically back to basics.

And I just can't get over the stupid plotline they invented for Apollo. Fuck this director

Journos didnt have a love of the series and saw it getting "unjustifiably" attacked by the hardcore fans for doing something different so a bunch of them rushed to defend it

Please they dont even need to be paid. The new guys are just stupid enough to fall for the hype the marketing and dev gives them in one on one interviews. Bribes arent even needed anymore, save that money to throw at streamers

>9.3 Score for No Man's Lies PRE DAY ONE PATCH

I've said it for over a decade, you can't spell ignorance without IGN.

>they shit out an ass attorney game every year and that's great!
>but when overwatch is similar to a game that was released literally 9 (nine) years ago that's fucking horrible what a disappointment 0/10 the formula has gone stale

neck urself

>writing is still shit

any Ace Attorney game without the "Dark Age of Law" bullshit is automatically better than Dual Destinies.

Samefag

Did he update this or is that pic just changed?

Also why the fuck does the review have 2 pages? Fucking clickbait bs.

but TF2 has literally become a parody of itself. what fucking mook is going to play Overwatch """""competitively""""" a year from now? Blizzard got their money already from their drones so they don't give a fuck either way.

probably a shop

they gave SimCity 2013 FOUR DIFFERENT REVIEW SCORES! First it was a 9, then an 8, then a 4, then settling on a 6.

that's a great way to argue when you are defending ass attorney, a series of games which you can play literally once and then never ever again because if you know what happens it's literal shit

It only doesn't make sense if you haven't played the game to completion. Also, he was a pro in AJ because he was taking the backseat and had done extensive research on Kristoph and the cases he was involved in.

YOU MEAN VISUAL NOVELS DON'T HAVE MUCH REPLAY VALUE? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES WE GOT A FUTURE KOTAKU EMPLOYEE RIGHT HERE!

So it has no replay value, why is that such a big knock?

Ghost Trick's the same way, and so are most adventure games.

>hurr overwatch is shit because people won't be playing it a year from now

i sure will continue playing ace attorney until next year because of all the great replay value this game that wasn't any good the first time i played through it offers!

A shop. The font size doesn't just change like that, it'll be consistent.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
There's plenty of shit you can miss on your first play-through and after a while story details become really hazy, so you can play it again as a refresher on those details.

>ass attorney drones are THIS delusional

oh WOW

if you edit in html it remains consistent due to CSS.

Dunno why you'd literally shop it.

Way to throw several genres under the bus because MUH REPLAY VALUE.

>that Cred Forums tier humor

Shouldn't you be in bed kiddo?

Soon.

>day/month/Year

get out

>Wow you're not American, leave

Jesus christ how fucking elitist.

I drive on the left side of the road as well, should I kill myself?

Kill yourself.

I'm actually Japanese.

YYYY-MM-DD is the correct format since it's comatable with Unix

>I drive on the left side of the road as well, should I kill myself?
yes, actually

>pink: countries that have put a man on the moon

>He was a fucking pro in AJ and now he's practically back to basics.
Phoenix was basically working as a PI, and took 7 years to solve a cold case. It makes sense that he could act as a chessmaster under such circumstances, but still have to bluff his way through the extremely prosecution-biased courts with 3 day trials.

>pink

You blind nigga?

I'm used to reading left to right, so having day first is more natural.

I'm sure vice versa for you, coin slot eyed motherfucker.

I thought it was people who like to shitpost in Mario 64 threads because of that TJ """"""Henry""""""" Yoshi guy

shut up fat whitey

you play our video games, you guys don't do shit

Explain the difference between magenta and pink.

HUE
HUEHUEHUEHUE
for the first fucking time i can say this without trolling

Even 6.5 is too high. Other than AAI2 the series has been fucking garbage since the original trilogy ended and people are too attached to the characters to admit it.

Actually, he said step ladder

Blame Capcom. AJ was meant to be a passing of the torch but they demanded Nick's return to main character status.

thank you hitler

Explain. What exactly is garbage about the games past the original trilogy?

A lot of irony in your post. You seem to be the ignorant one here considering that's a shop

The fuck are you talking about they don't even know what they are doing anymore

Oh noes! My weebgame isn't considered a masterpiece!? Fucking SJWs and Nu-males I swear!

What is wrong with Canada

>he fell for the ruse

shop or not why the fuck are you defending IGN?

Should have complained about that in DD, SoJ Phoenix isn't that bad

We're just trying to please everyone, dammit.

>Le excessive quotes may may.
Disregarded.

When did the Federated States of Micronesia put a man on the moon?!

I've just started playing it, so I'd like to avoid spoilers but

I really disliked Dual Destinies because the cases dragged on forever, and abused a lot of the classic misleading/turn around twist tropes that they got super stale super fast. Like the whole

>"This is it, I can't find a hole, it's over..."
>fades to black
>"Objection"
>Reaction face, reaction face, reaction face

I swear this happened like 4-5 times -every- case, and it started to get really cheesy when it did. I'm currently only on the second case in Spirit Justice, but the first case went for way, way too long for what it was, and the second one (just on the first day) feels like it's going the same route

Is the rest of the game going to be like this? Would you say it's any better than Dual Destinies? I have liked the cast, the main antagonist from the first case was great. Or at least, until the drove his gimmick into the ground. Got really tired of him by the end

>top tier
YMD

>mid tier
MDY

>shit tier
DMY

DMY serves no practical purpose whatsoever unless you're too retarded to know that months are larger than days and need a cute reminder. YMD is clearly and obviously optimal for sorting. MDY exchanges a bit of YMD's optimized beauty for the everyday utility of assuming you know what year it is.

It's a lot better than dual destinies. My only real complaint are the flashbacks and the stick of the new prosecutor getting old fast.

On the positive side it doesn't hold your hand as much as DD and it has some QoL changes in investigations

>Micropenisia
>mattering
Kill yourself, you know damn well what I mean

>wah i dont agree with review!
>the entire games journalism industry is shit!!

Andá a dormir, capo.

"Eat whatever shit they shovel out and be glad." That sounds like what they're trying to say.

If this is legitimate criticism then explain to me why Pokemon continues to get 9/10 or higher reviews for every iteration?

the entire games journalism "industry" is shit though

Pokemon games are some of the only JRPGs with legitimate strategy required in the combat system

Oras got 7.8

>Steamroll story mode with your starter
>Strategy

As compared to most JRPGs where you don't have to pay attention to the combat?

How is that any different? The other user is claiming Pokemon is just as bad as other JRPGs in the regard you're talking about, but for some reason gets high ratings every time it releases with very minimal changes to its formula (the thing that the Ace Attorney game in the OP was criticized for).

JUST

Not that Spirit of Justice couldn't have used a little less hand holding and "streamlining", but giving it 6.5 when Dual Destinies got a 7.2 is just pure unbridled madness.

IGN blogger, fuck off back to IGN.

>Every
>D/P 8.5
>HG/SS 8.5
>Platinum 8.8
>Emerald 8
>ORAS 7.8

Do you want eat your words now or wait until you get home?

>media reviews
>journalism
No.

That's true, SoJ was better in every way

>Monsters, some of which are mythologically based on rape, sex and other intensive sexual themes, is sexist

Someone needs to, ironically, learn about culture.

Even IGN doesn't take IGN seriously.

In the 80's and 90's, there were still blatant hacks and shills, but the amount the companies spent on the shills was lower, and the hacks actually sort of liked video games to begin with.

A monthly publishing cycle like EGM had also meant less rushing.

They manage to be consistently shittier than TV/Movies/Celebreties., and that's fucking astounding.

This is fiction, not reality. You can't just do anything you want as long as it's not completely implausible, it needs to have a certain level of structure.

They showed Phoenix growing as a character throughout the trilogy. They showed him being defeated, and his return as a more cynical and pragmatic - albeit still just - character and closed his arc in AJ. Even if you come up with an explanation as to how he could have reverted back to his former goofy self (or how he really hadn't changed all along) you still shouldn't do it, or at the very least not how they did it this time around.

I can kind of ignore that, but it's a conscious choice I'm making.

>You can't just do anything you want as long as it's not completely implausible, it needs to have a certain level of structure.

I hope you're not trying to argue for AJ's case then if you're trying to use this argument. He's only disbarred because Zak picked PW over Kristoph over a game of cards and Kristoph hated him so much he made him present forced evidence. Which is such a stupid logic train that makes even shit Maya's Spirit Channeling seem sound and logical.

Journalism you say?

Yeah dude, that one review is the only reason the games journalism industry is shit

What a fucking idiot

The very sentence you quoted (and the rest of the post too) says that it's not about logic and "plausibility" but structure, so I'm going to assume you just wanted to vent against AJ.

Also there's nothing implausible or illogical about that. Kristoph is a vindictive piece of shit, and Phoenix got caught in his sights because of pure chance. You could make the argument that nobody would be that crazy angry about something so silly, and you'd be dead wrong. They even made a movie about that, it's called American Psycho.

"WAAAAAH! Someone shat on a game I like! That means they have no journalistic integrity!"
This is why no one takes gamers seriously.

>Also there's nothing implausible or illogical about that.

This is where I have to get off then.

Don't worry, I didn't really expect you to finish reading my post since you didn't read my previous post either. Let's pretend you were never here.

Pokemon has far more depth than Pheonix Wright. Pokemon has a casual singleplayer, endgame with secrets, PvP, and a super autistic EV trainer if people like that shit. Pheonix Wright is an extremely linear adventure game with VN elements and light puzzles. You can watch someone play Pheonix Wright and your experience will pretty much be the same unless you pick a rare game over route in some trials.

>But within its genre it's a damn solid entry. Anybody who has ever enjoyed an ace attorney game would give this an 8/10 at least.
I'd probably give it a seven. They were closer to the mark than you are.

Oh, I read it. Believe I did AJfag. I just know arguing with you is going to take hours of posting and work, which I don't want to do it. If you clearly believe ruining a decade of work towards a character for a card game is not implausible or illogical, then go ham.

No you didn't read.
If you did read you'd realize that what you just said is fundamentally what I've been trying to tell you, although I disagree on the specific point.

It's not about whether Kristoph causing Phoenix to be disbarred is logical or illogical, it's about whether it fits thematically within the series or not. I respect your opinion, but you were framing it as if it was about logic, which it isn't.

>ignoring captain edgelord's two entries on the saga
those are also Ace Attorney, and they are amazing

one user kinda touched on it but to really drive the point home, literally no pokemon game has a 90+ metacritic score

>I didn't read it

Okay thought police.

Also my issue is that it doesn't fit on level. It just doesn't work, hence my immediate disdain for AJ' game.

$0.15 has been deposited in your account.

If you did read it do you care to explain why you kept banging on about how it was illogical when all I've been writing is that "illogical" doesn't mean a thing in this context?

The events are logical. A person causing great harm to another person out of petty jealousy is something that does occur in real life, so if a game portrays it you can't say it's "illogical". It would be at least slightly illogical if you had reasonable expectations that Kristoph wasn't the kind of person to snap like that (so if Maya or Gumshoe did the exact same thing you'd be right), but seeing how his character was created specifically to be that kind of person your statement is just plain wrong.

Hate IGN as much as anyone else, but that pic is retarded. of course a low effort cash-grab port should get a lower score than when they came out originally.

Even fucking Final Fantasy is more involved than Pokemon. The entire single player experience is designed for children.

Games journalism has always been shit. It just evolved to be hip with righteous white progressives bitching about how men should not be allowed to have any fun independent of a female.
IGN never evolved and was always corrupt tras that throws pointless decimals at the new AAA game to shill it out.
Just go on youtube and find someone who has tastes to yours and you'll probably find games that you'll like. They may not be good, but at least you get what you want.

>3 games is bundled is worse than just buying the worse versions solo on an older console

>when a succubi uses sexy dance
I just get so very offended

>gaming in 2016
> nu-gamers want every installment of a game to be a reboot for some reason
>still playing dynasty warriors and enjoying it

It's as if these motherfuckers haven't learned not to pursue Lu Bu.

ITT: Digital homicide fans
>STOP NOT LIKING MY GAME
>STOP IT RIGHT NOW
>LIKE MY GAME
>DON'T YOU DARE GIVE IT A BAD REVIEW OR I WILL LITERALLY SUE YOU

>sexist character design
When out of hope, use the rope, Mr. "journalist".

That isn't how it works. Those reviews are not meant to be the timeless statement of the game

Games age, ports can be mediocre

Unless it's CoD or Battlefield.

Why shouldn't a long running series consider a larger change? It is good to keep things fresh, especially as with these games going digital only in the west it seems like sales dried up

>2016
> sexy stuff for men =sexist/creepy/misognist/pathetic
> sexy stuff for women = OK, no boundaries, just talk openly about using sex toys it's no biggie either

How is this a thing

I've played Trials and Tribulations three times.

Granted, it was over the course of three years and I wasn't even in high school yet.

Man the writer on the left must really be feeling the guilt and the shame

Because women are hypocrites. Anything that takes attention away from them is not-okay. Anything that is about them is perfect. Just a bunch of vain, shallow, selfish monsters.

I think you mean 'ladder'.

emphasizes that OP doesn't consider it to be real/proper journalism and that it shouldn't be seen as such.

because the guy is raving about ignorance whilst being ignorant himself.

You do know that different people write these reviews right?

Different people with different experiences/opinions who look for different things in a game.

> stop ogling and treating women like sex objects!

OK we have create digital entertainment and now will these ogle these virtual women instead,, is this OK? now surely everybody is happy

> No stop doing that! that is also sexist! dont ogle us but also don't ogle the virtual women

OK what

The way I see it, Phoenix's time in the spotlight was finished after the original trilogy.
And even then, they still gave backstory for Phoenix in AJ.

and the moon was property of a spic, your point?

> OP creates thread that pokes fun at IGN
> user: OMG how dare you goobergator question the almighty IGN!!11!! UR probably a virgin for doing thissss.

They are all 3 years apart usually. DD was the first mainline game in like 7 years.

>Pokemon
>legitimate strategy required
Do you have an intellectual disability? Serious question.

Emphasis that would be accomplished equally with one set of quotes while also not making you look like a twat.

>But it's a legitimately terrible entry in the series. It's just as shitty as DD

This is objectively wrong

>they shit out an ass attorney game every year
I wish this was true, I can't get enough

>Muh hair
I cant believe the media created that myth

It happened way before that

>Getting worked in to a shoot

Womyn cannot be sexist because they are oppressed! Check your privilege

this shit is funnier than "the dark souls of persona" lmao

>Western game
>11/10 GOTY
>Japanese game
>0/10 misogynist shit

I play competitive Pokemon VGC> I go to tourneys including locals and regional events, play on the online ladder, and even follow many pro and sponsored VGC players (yeah, even Pokemon players get sponsored. I think it's bullshit as well). From my 3 years of playing at this level I can say strategy is a present but somewhat small portion of matches. The greatest factors include
>Team selection and team comp
>RNG
>turn by turn strategy
each portion making up about 1/3. It especially is very meta heavy, because if you don't play the top tiers or use the legal legendaries in you team, your pokemon are either easily predictable or outclassed by the aforementioned top tiers.

They're correct though. The series is boring as fuck now

Which site?