RX 480 or GTX 1060?

RX 480 or GTX 1060?

I don't want Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

without dx12 there's even less of a point to go amd

don't buy either if you aren't using or planning to use windows 10. seriously there's no point if you are using win7.

buy a Fury for $300 or a 980 for $280

whats with this I dont want windows 10 meme? every fucking os spies on you. if microsoft or government wants your files theyll get them, windows 10 or not

source on fury price
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186

isn't dx12 lcoked to w10?

Was in the same situation as you OP, I went 1060. The 480 is slower 90+% of the time, and thats not taking into consideration how much better the 1060 overclocks which only blows the performance difference wide open. All this while being cooler, quieter, less power hungry and with shadowplay.

I really wanted to try AMD for once, but there's no getting around the 480 being inferior, especially since the two cards cost the same in my region. Maybe if the 480 is AT LEAST 15%+ cheaper where you are, otherwise don't bother, it's just asking to get cucked.

Bump

i bought a 1070 and i'm windows 7

is DX12 really gonna matter?

GTX 1060.

Pedos who don't wanna get v& for their CP.

guaranteed to get an AMDrone reply.
Got a 1060 myself op, couldn't be more thrilled. Everything runs at max settings currently at 1080p, 60frames. It's a great budget card.

no windows 10 means no dx12, so get a 1060.

I don't know why you guys would get that card and not the 980Ti instead. I went for it when the price was $360, and I think microcenter would sell refurb at that price or lower right now.

btw, it came to about $340 for me after MIR.

>I don't want Windows 10.
Swine

they're very similar. just get whatever you can find that's cheaper.

DX12 and mantle before it literally make and break the AMD cards in my experience. My 7850k APU can do BF4 at 60fps if I use vulkan which is basically DX12.

It does matter.

Wait for Vega~⭐

vulkan

wtf?

AMD's high end card, comes out in a few months.

Vega got pushed to the first half of 2017 instead of the first quarter.

GTX 1060. Why would you cuck yourself with AMD drivers?

Your memes are old and busted, senpai.
Besides, it's Nvidia cards that get gimped when the shiny new generation comes out.

Your memes are old and busted, senpai.
Besides, it's AMD cards that get gimped when Pajeet tries to code.

>I don't want windows 10

Buy the most expensive card on the market.

Next gen CPUs are going to force you to use W10 regardless, why not accepting our overlord now?