Fight a 28 year long total war

>Fight a 28 year long total war
>One that you are unquestionably losing
>Get many of your worlds glassed from orbit
>Barely survive obliteration

>Rebuild everything in 4 years while reverse engineering an advanced alien race's entire language and technology to build a multi mile long spaceship in a glassed industrial center with materials you pulled out of your ass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RyUiu_2jjP8
vimeo.com/120533648
youtube.com/watch?v=sbjXXRfwrHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man when are we gonna get a multiplayer naval combat game with UNSC vs Covies? Halo has some of the most aesthetically pleasing ships. What a waste.

343 games are all a dream MC is having in cryo.

/thread

I support this headcanon

Just play the halo mod for homeworld 2

do you have a single fact to back that up

>Halo lore

ONI was reverse engineering Covvie technology since they first came into contact with them. They didn't do all of that in 4 years.

And who says they rebuilt everything? If you listen to Hunt The Truth, humanity is still crawling in the dirt.

The only reason they're better off than the Elites at this point is because humanity is better at performing non-military functions than the Sangheili. Sangheili are struggling to maintain farms and can barely feed themselves. They relied on the Prophets to supply them with literally everything for thousands of years. Without the prophets, they're basically children who can't take care of themselves.

The best game to come out of nuHalo will be HAAH WAAW 2 and that's just sad.

Absolutely nothing makes sense and it's all stupid. Just like a dream.

The sangheilis helped rebuild probably.

I'm not interested in talking about facts in a game with laser guns and aliens

I like how the idea of a single big spaceship assblasts you, but Master Chief somehow singlehandedly winning a 28-year war is totally legit and no big deal.

You watch and get invested into anime, son. Any character you like is literally some trope. Don't talk smack.

I mean, we build quarter-mile seafaring ships all of the fucking time. A couple hundred years into the future, I don't know why something like the Infinity would be a massive, impossible undertaking.

You get the resources from metallic asteroids.
You build it with robots and shit, using anti-grav technology purloined from the forerunners and the covenant.

It ain't difficult.

OP from a development perspective, the alternative was to make humanity a mess still and have them be the underdogs. Then everyone would complain it was just the same old shit and made "finishing the fight" in halo 3 seem pointless since everything is as it was.

Nah, console RTS is shit and 5 has turned itself around with all the new stuff they've pumped in since release.

Doomguy fought Hell several times and won.

I find it funny that whenever anyone talks about Chief, someone has to chime in with Doom Slayer.

>What are Huragok?

Yeah, he sure did. He could also outrun rockets and punch people into paste. I also never see people questioning the plausibility of literally anything in the doom universe. It's just accepted as a silly fantasy.

>unironically defends the 343 lore

There are so many problems with post 3 halo story and you choose the stupidest shit to sperg about.

>rebuild everything

>he thinks 4 and 5 have bad lore

I wish reachfags would just kill themselves already.

>Master Chief somehow singlehandedly winning a 28-year war

Except he didn't and you're a retard. The great schism won the war, which happened because of the covenant discovering halo by chance and master chief ending up on it by chance.

Cutie pie alien hypercomputers who just want to fix things and make your life easier.

Why don't you have a huragok waifu yet, Cred Forums?

All this precursor shit, this forerunner shit, this "ANCESTORS OF THE GALAXY" shit fucking sucks. Also having Chief come back to have another plot with Cortana? Fucking sucks. Having Cortana become the designated waifu has also somehow made John even MORE generic with his love interest angle in protecting Cortana.
343 sucks and needs to have a wall built around their studio so they can never leave and eventually they'll die trapped and alone in their dumb ass facility.

Halo 5 objectively has a bad story even if you like Halo 4. 343i took all of Halo 4's story and shoved it aside with Halo 5, it barely seems like a sequel to it when basically nothing in Halo 5 has anything to do with 4. The new trilogy is going to be a complete clusterfuck of stupidity for this reason, there is absolutely nothing that they could possible do with 6 to make the trilogy have a good overall story.

I like how you think 343 is somehow a group of people and not just the name of a studio.

I doubt many of the same people that worked on 4 even worked on 5. You just have stepdad issues and it's sad.

>You just have stepdad issues and it's sad.
Projecting.

For the last decade, their been a conspiracy of weeabos out to hurt the Halo series

Don't believe me? it's all in the numbers

Number one: In 2001 high IQ individuals made up 50% the Halo dev team, now it's about 5%

Number 2: In 2004, 80% of patricians preferred Halo as their go to game, now it's about 2%

That's terror

>Rebuild everything
They've barely rebuilt earth, the Infinity itself was all the advanced alien tech the got over the course of the war poured into one super ship that they were going to evacuate humanity with in the event the covenant wiped even more of them the fuck out. It was basically 75% done by the end of Halo 3
That and even in the old lore humans were better at reverse engineering forerunner shit since the covenant didn't want to tamper with their 'holy' shit.

The only thing the Infinity needed was the proper engines and slipspace tech the reverse engineered from Halo arrays and maybe the Ark itself.

And everything industrial in Halo can shit out a multi-mile long warship. If they had a shipworks anywhere it could have finished the infinity.

I'm an ultra high IQ individual and I still have Halo as mt go-to game

Can someone gime me a summary on the history from reach to halo 3?p-pls

It's not a trilogy but a saga now, user.

Reach - coveys fuck shit up
H1 - ring 04 is found and wrecked
H2 - coveys fuck up Earth a bit, MC causes the coveys to split
H3 - you and your elite buddies fuck up some brutes

>Humans in a war with a far more technologically advanced alien theocracy
>Humans luckily have just finished their first batch of genetically modified super soldiers that they planned to use on rebellious planets
>Reach, the key military planet of mankind gets BTFO, eliminating most valuable assets
>By chance, one of the ship's fleeing Reach encounters a large ring orbiting a gas giant
>Refered to as Halo, the ring was built by a ancient race for the purpose of stopping a parasitic life form that seeks to consume and assimilate all life
>The way it does this is by destroying all life in Galaxy to starve them to death. The alien theocracy thinks turning it on will fufil their religious mission
>The good guys stop this, twice
>And in Halo 3 they kill the the alien leader and win.

>They've barely rebuilt Earth.
I don't think they have even rebuilt Earth.

Africa was glassed and after Halo 2 there was a huge exodus from Earth. Like the entire population of Earth is mother fucking gone.

Reach gets invaded and glassed in 2552. Almost all active duty Spartan-II supersoldiers, including Master Chief, were being assigned to a operation called Red Flag when the invasion happened. Red Flag involved all Spartan-IIs infiltrating and hijacking a Covenant assault carrier and proceed to infiltrate High Charity to kidnap the 3 Prophets (Truth, Mercy, Regret) to force a ceasefire and end the war.

That operation was canned when Reach was invaded and almost all Spartan-II supersoldiers were killed in action. Linda-058 was shot in the back of the skull by a plasma pistol and was declared clinically dead. She was placed in cryo aboard the Pillar of Autumn with Master Chief and they fled Reach. She was later revived by Doctor Halsey who was able to flash clone new organs for her after the events of Halo CE.

Anyway, Pillar of Autumn flees Reach and makes a series of random slipspace jumps as per the Cole Protocol and they stumble upon Halo.

Master Chief successfully flees Halo aboard a Longsword fighter and regroups with other survivors who were able to flee in Pelican dropships. They retrieve Linda's cryotube which had been ejected from the Pillar of Autumn before it landed on Halo. They then infiltrated a Covenant assault carrier where Master Chief proceeded to kill everything on board during Operation First Strike.

They make it back to Earth and the events of Halo 2 start.

Halo 2 ends and Halo 3 begins.

Earth can do just fine without Africa, we're doing fine right now with Africa being a shithole.

its on PC as well though, and the designs are good and not generic scifi animeshit.

When was the last time the energy sword had a smooth design? Halo 2 thats fukken right m8

post yfw the first time you played the 343 Guilty Spark level

> that ambient music
> those covenant soldiers running away from something
> all that mist, that overall feel of the level
> that total silence
> tfw you just KNOW something has gone horribly wrong

Reach: human colony planet gets fucked up

CE: humans that escaped being fucked up on Reach find the galaxy's reset button called Halo and must stop the aliens from using it

2: the aliens have found Earth. and also another Halo so the humans have to stop them again

3: the aliens have found a place from which they can use all the Halos at once, so it's up to an unlikely alliance of humans, other aliens, robots, and space zombies to stop them

I thought you were talking about the game not the aesthetic.

I've always hated CGI Halo anyway, the games that render with their engines look much more pleasing.

>the radar pinging all red all round you

> those strange creatures jumping across the cliffs above you

>playing with the lights off and this theme starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=RyUiu_2jjP8

Or the Halo mod for Sins of a Solar Empire

>the radar picking them up as friendlies because they're still wearing the marine ID tags

> be pretty sensitive to horror elements as a child when i played halo for the first time
> mfw the Flood genuinely fucking terrified me

Thanks a lot!

dumb fuck

lets be real, the covie ships are superior in every way, if it was made to the spec of the other games then it would be might boring to play

Mentioned last thread but it dead
Why don't any of the cool vehicles from halo wars ever make it into halo proper? Driving your own babby scorpion or twin barreled giga tank would be awesome. Hell even some of the color schemes like the honor guard wraith or the new banished stuff

everytime I play through Odst I feel bad for these guys, they got bullied into the covenant and are set to blow themselves up if they are alone

yeah but grunts got their entire home planet destroyed

Hawks would've been great, but of course 343 fucked it up and gave us the Wasp instead

>the creatures watching you through the trees and falling back as you get close

Sounds like
vimeo.com/120533648

its pretty much a miniature Hawk anyway

So are we in this thread now?

Where's the guns on this thing? This ship would be a prime target for a covenant bomb

>343

Not canon

>john you're the last spartan alive
>john remember how there was that other spartan, linda, on board the pillar of autumn?
>john check out all these spartans, we're overflowing with spartans

Are the Halo books good? Are there ones to read and ones to not or are they all good?

well according to reach Jun has been alive this whole time

>those guys still trying to get the golden warthog in halo 2

fucking stop

Yeah but the games portray humanity as super strong and well off after the war. If shit is actually not great, they need to show it in the games where the vast majority of Halo fans are going to see it.

Halo War 2 in febraury 2017

Ive read the flood and im reading first strike, you dont need to read the flood if you arent curious as to what the humans were doing while the chief was out and about (it retells CE)
first strike is about what happens between CE and 2

Fuck you for reminding me. Master Chief never made it back to Earth, a new Covenant never formed and the Flood did not evolve from zombie dogs. Fuck 343.

>must-read
The Fall of Reach
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
the Forerunner trilogy
>avoid
The Flood
Cole Protocol
the Kilo-Five trilogy
Mortal Didacta
Saint's Testimony
>your call
everything else

wake me when you need me, user

Timeout

Infinity was in production prior to the events of Combat Evolved. It was a last ditch superweapon kind of thing built with Forerunner tech. It was what would be used to shuttle around the rest of humanity were Earth to fall, but it was still a few years away from completion when the war ended so likely it would have simply been destroyed in the shipyard.

there's a fuckhuge MAC gun on the front of it, plus all the smaller MAC guns and missile turrets we saw in that one level

forget wars, why are they so stingy with vehicles in general?
>AA wraith only glitchable
>pelican only in one obscure easter egg until 4
>phantom same as above, but you have to hijack a banshee first
>can never fly longswords, seraphs, etc.
>get that weird broadsword thing during a trench run instead of a proper space fight
>never got to go nuclear and command a scarab piloted by rebel mgalakogologodo worms

>windows 10
Gonna have to miss out

First Strike was great.

I won't sit here and let you badmouth the greatest FPS series the world has ever known.

You get a StarFox-esque longsword mission in reach.

But yeah, you're right.

And whenever the more interesting vehicles are included in Forge, they're nerfed or stripped down.

every single halo book in a fucking nutshell

>hey we're outnumbered 1000000 to 1
>dude the covenant is so dumb lmao
>dude let's just send one guy in with a nuke to blow up all their shit lmao

i'm honestly sick of this fucking meme. every single book is some shit about how the covenant are incompetent and then a spartan blows up some shit with a nuke

end this meme already

It's all in the numbers
Number 1: That's terror
Number 2: That's terror

it worked for japan

>longsword
it was a saber (longswords look like manta rays), but yes that was sick and 343 should have expanded on that instead of forgetting it existed

you can drive a seraph in reach through a really long and tedious glitch

Halo got real dumb when it stopped being an Aliens x Stargate fan fic.

yeah that's a must read too

>that cutscene straight out of Aliens when you view the recording from the helmet
CE and 2 were GOAT, it was all downhill from there. 3 couldn't live up to the hype and nothing came close to the originals in feel.
343 a shit except for 4's Cortana model.

The Covenant ARE incompetent though.

Its okay, he hasn't badmouthed the best fps series yet.

operation first strike was the most cliche bullshit imaginable

there was no legitamte reason humans should have found the unyielding hierophant in the first place and once they did of course the memes continued with spartans overloading its power stations

Infinity was in construction before the war was over. only finished after though

Well that's something, I guess, still doesn't excuse bungie/343 sticking all these cool vehicles in, ESPECIALLY if they're already coded to be player pilotable, and then just not letting you have fun with them

This is just my opinion though

>Good
Fall of Reach (original 2001 version)
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
Cole Protocol
Evolutions shortstories

>Ok
First Strike
Hunters in the Dark
Shadow of Intent

>Read if you love wasting time
Broken Circle
Last Light

>This is fucking stupid
New Blood
Forerunner saga
Kilo-Five trilogy
Saint's Testimony

But the Covenant ARE stupid.
And nukes ARE really useful.

Or maybe the Uneven Elephant just didn't fly so good.

>ancient aliens
>ancient aliens were humans
This is, like, my favourite trope!

You're projecting about his projection.

I Second this

>triggered by nukes

go to bed japboi

Dr. Halsey? I'm ONI.

Uh, you don't get to bring Spartans.

>there will never be a game that focuses on interesting soldiers like in the believe diorama for like a chapter each

He was never the last Spartan

No, not even in halo 1. The book fall of reach actually released a month or so before the game. He was the last KNOWN Spartan to the crew of the pillar of autumn.

>avoid
>Contact Harvest

What the fuck is wrong with you? Dadab is best character

reading comprehension: it might save your life

i'm not triggered by nukes i'm triggered by the stale plotlines in every halo book

it's either a nuke or blowing up a reactor core

it needs to stop

Spartan IV's are not my Spartans.

Welcome to super soldiering bud. 4 unstoppable mother fuckers are still not going to get anything strategic done without causing a big ass explosion where it's hard to cause a big ass explosion.

>Halo has some of the most aesthetically pleasing ships

ie "grey bricks with a few rows of lights to show how big they are"

>CE: PoA's engines
>2: the Covenant bomb
>3: High Charity's reactors, plus Installation 04B
>Wars: SoF's slipspace bomb
>Reach: Savannah's slipspace bomb
>4: the nuke

blowing shit up is a series staple user

I know right? Fucking beautiful.

TELL ME ABOUT CHIEF, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE HELMET

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A KIDNAPPED SIX YEAR OLD

I mean how else can you stop a covenant army than to blow up their shit

Well we're only seeing the Infinity for the mostpart.

>laser guns dont exist

youtube.com/watch?v=sbjXXRfwrHg

O.K. Cortana

Humans are fucking mary sue, like in ALL the space operas.

If you love aliens so much why dont you marry one?

And then tell me where you found them because I want to marry an alien too.

humans mostly won because they managed to get lucky
the covenant fell because their capital got rekted by the flood (in a couple of hours no less)

How alien, user?

Objectively worst girl.

Preferably Sangheili
A male one

Don't forget most spartan II's died from explosions.

Is it really that unreasonable that once the humans stopped getting their shit pushed in on all fronts they probably bounced back quickly? I gotta imagine that humanity never got off its war footing after what almost happened to it.

Halo mod for Sins of a solar empire is pretty good.
UNSC gets stomped, until you unlock shields for your capital ships.

the fuck is wrong with you everyone knows ryoko a best

Fuck, why did they have to touch the Flood lore? It was much neater when their origins were mysterious -from another galaxy, as if the Flood is an inevitable end to life in the universe. Now they're just "hurr durr, the Precursors were mad so they made themselves into dust." Speaking of which, they ruined the Precursors too.

Define everyone.
I do not think Ryoko is best, what are her reddeming features?
Sasami is objectively best girl.

>No visible beam for coolness

Bah, let go to plasma weapons instead, those are ought to be spectacular visually.

> curved lines vs straight line

yea ok bruv

you act like there arent GOOD tropes and BAD tropes

lasers give away your position

So when microsoft shuts 343 down for being incompetent, what studio will they hire to redeem the halo brand?

EA, just like every other studio that dies their IP's go to them.

Ok so well get either halofield or a bioware halo game. I don't know if either would end well but I'd be willing to let that play out

They didn't seriously call a naval vessel "ponce", did they?

Come on, now