Which Final Fantasy has the best love interest?

Which Final Fantasy has the best love interest?

>Tifa
>love interest

I mean Quistis is best but she isn't really the love interest so I guess she doesn't count.

VII (Tifa)

Also Barret, his date was awesome.

>lightning
>love interest
>the person you play as is somehow a love interest
Why are people so afraid of the idea of a woman main character in anything that they make all these crazy subconscious delusions to not see female leads as the lead?

Tifa was BAE. Cared so fucking much for Cloud. When he beta'd out and lost his mind she helped him piece it back together and bring him to sanity. Fuckin devotion right there

(Though Yuna was a fox too... hm maybe I gotta think on this)

>canonically bangs the main character
>not a love interest

Clearly it's Squall.

The original titty monster herself

none of them retard

Hope is Lightning's love interest

Nice preconceived notions there, friend!

Aerithfags will never accept that the Aerith's high affinity level was only Square's attempt to enhance the Zack connection and that Cloud only ever liked her because of his connection to Zack, he NEVER loved her more than he loves Tifa though.

She's my love interest irl

how many times have you posted this in the last 24 hours? 3?

I haven't posted this at all today. All sorts of people worship the Goddess, user.

AC Tifa > FFVII Tifa

Asian women are master race and cowtits are digusting anyway, probably veiny as fuck.

Raya-O is my love interest!

For someone who's canonically another character's love interest, Leonora is the best. She's such a qt patootie and she and Palom play off each other really well.

I'm partial to garnet because she wasnt just fawning over the MC, in fact it was the other way around.

Granblue Fantasy has ruined after images for me

I've never played it. I'm "playing" Mobius Final Fantasy but open to trying something better.

The best romance in FF has to go to 9. It didn't feel forced, and both characters had shit to overcome personally before the end of the game.

Dat ending, tho.
One of the most satisfying JRPG endings ever, desu.

Indeed, so much closure. Felt real good.

it has a Lightning

It's sad but true, Aerith was for Zack.

Zack should have gone with Cissnei

>most of Cred Forums still hasn't figured out who the best FF girl is yet.

That's pretty cool

>literally the princess
>everyone talks about how beautiful she is
>can summon extremely powerful monsters who shape the fate of the world
>one of the last of her super special snowflake race
>has the voice of a siren

She's a shitty Mary Sue and worst FF girl

ruined after images how?

Terra is best girl with best theme

The first thing that pops into my mind is the duration meme.

You forget about eiko
And of you want a Mary sue look at Lightning.
Garnet isn't a Mary sue because she has faults, like being naive.
She had to earn those powerful monsters to use them, she didn't get use them when ever, they were stolen from her first. Eiko is the same thing she is, so it doesn't make her super special snowflake when you have another summoner who initially is more skilled than her.

Guess I dont really get it if i haven't played GBF

hmm she looks different from this in the movie

What's her name?

Ultimecia

I'm the best love interest
love me!

Volenna

who?

They're all love.

Me, user. ME!!!

>implying you're anybody's love interest

No bully. Only Love.

Rosa.

>all this wrong in this thread
Fine by me, I like having Rikku all to myself

there is no right or wrong in matters of the heart!

Most of the FF "love interests" are pretty lame so none

>playing through FF9 for the first time
>I don't grind because I feel it ruins the game
>in a dungeon, getting wrecked, no potions etc. and don't have Garnet for healing
>eat a random enemy out of desperation
>"Quina learned White Wind!"
>manage to survive until the next Moogle

And that's how this magnificent weirdo became best girl

The only couples that were even slightly compelling in the series were Locke/Celes and Laguna/Raine and one of them is basically never on screen anyway and the other barely got going by the end.

Now the Final Fantasy with the best girl that was also a love interest? FFVII. (Either one.)

>asks Celes if she has ever experienced love while the empire is besieging Narshe
>interprets Edgar being friendly as "he wants to fuck"
>goes on long monologues about things that nobody cares about frequently
>tries to get advice about love from Shadow,n emotionally dead killer
>NEETS out and just wants to stay in her room after Kefka fucks everything up

A very special FF protagonist for sure.

Well not your average fem protag that's for sure.

It made me sad everytime Garnet shit-talked Steiner, poor bastard was just trying to do his job. Literally no-one listens to him throughout the entire game! Imagine if you were in charge of the boss' daughter's safety and she kept running around doing crazy shit all the time.

Alma from FFT.
Wincest end.

Hard to say since the love interest is rarely best girl, as evidence by Rosa, Tifa, Rinoa and Yuna. So I guess I'd say Garnet, unless you count Celes.

He was a stick in the mud. Of course no one listened to him.

He was a bumbling fool. Only thing he managed to really do right was somehow land proto-Lightning.

Some Men are born to serve, I felt like the other characters were way too hard on Steiner and his beta ways.

>all those times Zidane discreetly takes the piss out of Steiner to Garnet

>proto-Lightning

I think the achetype line goes like this:

Cecil - Leo - Beatrix

Squall - Paine - Lightning

Optionally add Celes, Ashe and AC Cloud somewhere there.

That was his character flaw, it's what made him a good character.

They re-use these character archetypes and character designs a lot in FF. The most obvious example is the Quistis type.

Rosa > Celes > Scarlet > Quistis > Beatrix > Lulu > Jill (I might be wrong on the name, the glasses villain in 13)

Another example is the carefree adventurer type:

Setzer > Zack > Laguna

You get the idea, it's why FFs feel like they are in the same series despite having no connection in the plot.

Rodent girl.

I don't really see what the 'Quistis' type has in common that much. There tends to be a bit more variation between that 'type' of secondary female. I'd say, for instance, that Freya is much closer to Quistis for FF9. Typically I'd simplify it as such.

>1. nice sweet girl
>2. older mature girl
>3. younger genki girl

Though it varies sometimes, like how Rosa can kind fit 1 and 2, or how Rinoa is a bit more unique.

This theory is garbage.
Rinoa is not any form of Ultimacia and never will be.

When I say "Quistis type" I basically mean "serious woman who is blonde, pretty and melancholy". Obviously Lulu isn't blonde, but you get the idea.

Another example is the "Genki girl" archetype. Starts with Rydia, then Relm, Yuffie, Selphie and Rikku. They are all nearly the same character just put in different situations.

The only actual love interests in FF for the MC have been Rosa with Cecil, Rinoa with Squall, Yuna with Tidus and Luna with Noctis.

Tifa is not a love interest, neither is Terra or Lightning, neither was Aeris. Aeris was with Zack though but he's not the MC.

Eh I don't think that works as well. The one that seems to have the least variance is the genki type, who are nearly identical most of the time, though I dunno if Rydia would fully fit with that. You also forgot Krile and Eiko.

If Krile is from V, I haven't played that one. As for Eiko, I'm playing through 9 for the first time now and haven't met her yet.. 9 is a lot of fun though. I love all of the PS1 FFs, including 8.

Tifaeris

>Haven't played V
When you finish IX, fix that.

>goes on and on about love throughout the entire game
>is the only character in 6 that doesn't find a partner

Cloud and Terra are OTP

Is the GBA version of V alright? If it has any major downgrades let me know, cause that's the version I'm leaning towards.

Only real issue is the sound and there's a patch for that. Hell, you can easily find pre-patched roms for that matter.

how would you rate FFV compared to other jRPGS? Remember only 2 years later we had shit like Chrono Trigger. Is V worth playing nowadays?

Not him but I'd say so if you aren't overly wrapped up in a serious story. V is pretty light-hearted. It's a pretty standard turn-based RPG, with the main thing setting it apart being the job system. If you like mixing and matching different classes then you'd probably like that. I personally prefer it to the systems used in VI, VII and VIII.

Luna looks less flattering considering that pic of Noctis with Cidney.

Makes you think doesn't it? Those who go searching never find it.

XV.

Yeah. We should all just give up and never be proactive.

best girl:
FF7: Elena
FF8: Selphie
FF9: Beatrix
FF10:hmm maybe LuLu
FF12: meh
FF>12:who gives a fuck

Pretty much, it's safer that way. Love will come to you if you do other things, play hard to get with love.

Princess Sarah (I), Princess/Queen Hilda (II), Princess Sara (III), Rydia (IV), Lenna (V), Terra (VI), Aeris (VII), Shotgun (BCVII), Elena (ACVII), Shelke (DoCVII), Cissnei (CCVII), Fujin (VIII), Beatrix (IX), Belgemine (X), Yuna (X-2), Chuami (X -Will-), Ashe (XII), Vanille (XIII), Serah (XIII-2), Lumina (LRXIII) and Crowe (Kingsglaive)

Hime-cut is still better.

Aerith likes Cloud though.

The cowtits are the best part of her though, even if they weren't I'd still taker her over ching chong Tifa any day.

She doesn't look completely Asian in the movie and her tits are still huge

>best girl
>on screen for 3 minutes

Serah looks 12. Is Snow a pedophile?

She's in her 20's.

Snow is like 6'5". Serah is 5' tops. They look stupid together

It would've made the final boss less irrelevant if it was true, but yeah it's obviously not true.

Xion from 358/2

>death by Advent Children
a fate worse than death