ITT: Obscure games that meant the world to you as a kid

ITT: Obscure games that meant the world to you as a kid.

>tfw Bionicles are discontinued again

nu-Bionicle is shit anyways

The lava surfing was pretty fun in that game

I had the superior cereal version

This one?

That was one of my first ps2 games.

Yeah. Playing as the zords was actually fun as fuck.

I don't think franchise licensed games count as obscure, but, whatever.

my fucking nigger

>this game
none of my friends would play this with me ;_;

My most cherished piece.

It was actually the first GC game I ever got with the system on Christmas. Didn't even have a memory card or anything, but goddamn did I spend a lot of time on this game.

As a Bionicle fan I hope you are fucking joking.

This game was garbage save for the GBA port.

>That Phoned in "YAY" at the end of the levels

Wasn't too wowed by the plot, but the combat was just stupendous after growing up on the FF series. It's surprising no one really ripped off that aspect.

Woops, obscure. How about this one.

There was this game I played on PC. Fuck if I remember what it was but I played it because it was some kind of top-down Zelda rip off. The only thing I can accurately remember is that the sword in the stone can't be pulled out, you have to bomb the stone and it breaks the sword and the game makes fun of you. Any idea what it was?

Got this in a cereal box as a kid. bro and I had so many good times playing this.

Team buddies

You're right the game is garbage. To 6 year old me it wasn't.

Jump Start, Clue Finders, Monster Bash, Neopets, Skunny: Save Our Pizzas, Spy Fox, King's Quest I & III, Space Quest III, 3D Caveman Rocks, Treasure Mountain, Treasure Galaxy, Neopets, BlasterBall wild, Backyard Baseball, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Star Control II - The Ur-Quan Masters.

Rate and hate.

Shareware Compilation / 10

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure was the shit though

I'd like to hope that if there's a G3, Lego would figure out why Bionicle worked to begin with, rather than making a really halfassed version of 01-03 that only neckbeards bought and not knowing why those years were so popular with real kids originally.

kroc 2

go outside ricky

>hard as fuck pseudo-open world space piracy game

An underrated gem. I feel like it wasn't obscure at the time, but most people definitely don't know about it these days.

Glover

maybe not obscure. definitely forgotten though.
>mfw i play through for the first time since i was a kid and its exactly as good as i remember
did you like it?

Obscure doesn't mean shit user.

God damn I just got a massive nostalgic flashback of Electric Playground giving this game an 8/10 or something and me thinking "damn that game looks badass."

I should emulate it.

it looks great in dolphin. runs well once you get past the main menu.

Who the fuck are you and why are you me?

I love the song that plays on this if you put it in a CD player.

Still break it out every few years to play through the campaigns again.

I played the demo for this over and over again but I never had the actual game. Same thing with Dark Cloud.

MOUSE MANIA!

>We will never have smth like that again
Kill me

I think I had a Monsters Inc. Gameboy colour game and some shitty tonka game when I was a kid
Shit was pretty good.

ded

I played a lot of Lego stuff when I was younger. But this one was by far my favourite, and it has an insane nostalgic value to me.

> "Why yes i do prefer the blue bionicle myself"

i was so hooked on this even tho i couldn't finish the 3rd map

Nice, was mine too.

All i ever did was bump into walls and spam the tornado trick.

And I loved every second of it.

I miss Throwbots.

Really? Even back when I was a little shithead who was obsessed with Bionicle I thought that game sucked. The very definition of uninspired cash-in shovelware.

Pic related was baller as fuck. Not the PS1 version though, that falls into the same category as the Bionicle game.

That creature design is burned into my memory from the loading screen of a PS1 demo disk.
I believe the same disk had Kula World

Base game needed more ships and the autopilot fucked me over at the worst times when the shortest path took me through a star.
I liked that, but was forced into just campaign since my friends&brothers weren't into it.

Dat titanic level doe

Nah even the GBA version sucked, just not as bad.

A LANDSLIDE HAS OCCURED

ending totally ripped off star wars, but hey come on.

Graal?

Suck on this!

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Holy shit I rember this too. Well I remember wanting to play it so bad but it was p2p iirc

This gem on the Dreamcast

Dreamcast had many gems
Wacky Races, Red Dog, Toy Commander, Jedi Power Battles