If an SAS squad were transported into the world of Mario 64, with only a standard combat patrol loadout and no support...

If an SAS squad were transported into the world of Mario 64, with only a standard combat patrol loadout and no support, how many stars could they get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_M-bajtTYw
youtube.com/watch?v=65Em6mrk7sI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe 20. the thing about this is that coins can't heal, so any injuries would wear the unit down until eventual death.

Once they talk to Toad and figure out the stars are in alternate planes of reality inside the paintings, I imagine shooting things like King Bombomb and King Thwomp or whatever would be pretty straightforward.

what's with all these threads

Am I missing something here or is it just me?

They could shoot bobombs, sure, but not what ever the walking thwomps are called.

>Russian Spetznaz transported into the world of Mario 64
>Proceed to completely level the castle and shoot any remaining survivors
>Princess? What Princess?
>Anex the remaining portion of the grounds and blame Ukraine for the destruction of the castle

>Green Berets transported into the world of Mario 64.
>Proceed to arm any Toad in the castle to the teeth and teach them the art of Guerilla warfare.
>Entire US army invades 10 years later after media campaign labels the Toads as terrorists and a threat to freedom

grenades

stars were useless anyway and serve no purpose, you could literally just go up the castle and shoot gay bowser in the dick, then congrats you got a castle with toad servants and a whore

But that's assuming they could survive the final level.

what would I eat
how long could I tolerate my mates
where would I shit

SAS vs 64, for fuck sake we need this game.

They could probably clear the game honestly

Fucking all of them, dumbass

Bowser is technically a tarrasque so I dont think they could defeat it with their standard issue firearms. Theyd have to use the bombs around the arena

Dude did you see those KGB agents or whatever be complete fucking badasses? Vid link:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_M-bajtTYw

youtube.com/watch?v=65Em6mrk7sI

^6 second one ius my absolute favorite.

that roll of the car was just fucking bad ass man

They would have no problem killing enemies and bosses, but the obstacles they can't overcome would probably the platforming and parkour such as walljumping and climbing tall heights. Maybe a generous 1/4 of total stars, maybe.

What would I eat
>SAS will stretch their 24 hour ration pack as far as possible. There are plenty of options in the natural world of Mario 64 such as leaves and fish, SAS are masters of survival so this won't be too much of a problem.

How long could I tolerate my mates
>this is a complete non-issue as the SAS team are all willing to die for eachother, nothing can break their will.

Where would I shit
>like all SF operators, in a black bin bag which they carry with them so as not to leave any trace of them being in the area behind.

All things considered, I would say 30-40 stars is more than feasible

They wouldn't have any trouble at first.
They'd probably run out of ammo after a certain point, so then the question is, how far could they get using combat knives and their own fists to fight? I doubt they could punch as hard as Mario could.

Dunno about Mario but I would not like to be on the receiving end of a punch delivered by a battle-hardened, stout-drinking, cigar smoking SAS operator.

This thread seems like a good place to ask, what are some games that let me be an operator operating operationally? Playing CoD4 got the itch for tacticool going.
Unfortunately SWAT 4 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter aren't available on Steam or GOG so I'll have to save them for later. Anything good in the meantime?

Most modern operations groups are going to have at least a degree of vertical mobility training and the requisite equipment. Only levels like Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride would prove insurmountable.

>SWAT 3 church mission.png

Any game from the Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Socom, Conflict series, maybe even Arma if you're looking something more sim than game

They enter Lethal Lava Land and all of them die instantly from convection heat. The end.

>Ghost Recon
Is Future Soldier any good? I seem to remember it being about HURR DURR DRONES AND ROBOTS but I may be misremembering. FS is the only entry in the series on Steam that doesn't look incredibly dated.
Will look into Conflict as well.

It's ok.
FS has some cool mechanics like the sync shot that makes you feel like an operator but I remember it being easy since you go invisible every time you crouch

Mario has herculean strength. Enough to shatter bricks and swing Bowser like a rag doll.

are they like navy seals
if so couldnt they just rape everything and go zero dark thirty on bowser?
i know nothing about mario btw

>Shooting King Bob-omb
>Shooting what is effectively a giant bomb

Absolute madmen

they need the stars to get past the infinite stairs.