webmd.com/lung/news/20130320/man-dies-after-parasitic-worms-invade-lungs
youtu.be/FDQx-guzx2s
youtu.be/TElkJFzoA0I
youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
youtube.com/watch?v=qN2XMyxAs5o
youtube.com/watch?v=tY92NAdGaR4
youtube.com/watch?v=suuMCYyyfxg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make it so it's not just "first person slowly exploring random rooms in the dark with jump scares".

More deep sea spooks.

So flash flood came, you are about to be flooded away and die a certain death. Luckily this pillar is within your reach. Do you grab it?

>horror game
>it's first person

No, I die, fuck that pillar

defuckinglete this

>it's just millipedes and beetles
Yeah, they don't hurt anyone
Millipedes are bros, centipedes are the ones that can go fuck themselves

Nope, I ain't getting Cthulhu'd

Grab it, there's enough food to last for ages and ages.

I want to force a woman to straddle this, bottomless.

They're bringing back the scary. The eden lake scary. They wouldn't lie to us now would they?

Am I a fat fuck for thinking that would be tasty if seasoned up and deep fried?

oh no bugs or death tough choice

>get on top of pillar
>flood rises
>bugs start crawling to the top of your head

Less jumpscares and more of that slow burn ambiance of Silent Hill 1-4.
Also most importantly no combat doesn't mean it's scarier it means it's a shit game.

Guess I'm going to die then, no life is worth living after that horror contaminates your soul.

More substance in horror games. Better character motivations. Just.. more.

Work it with more themes than just 'spoopky place with spoopky things in doorways.'

Soma was pretty good. I got a spook here and there, as was Amnesia for the most part. Here's my idea, hold up..

Historical fiction. You're part of the crusades, sieging a small fort town. Used to be a thriving bazar, the ramparts fortified. The smell of oil is still on the air from the cauldrons.

The doors are breached and there's... nothing but black soot on the walls that vaguely look human. Broken salt lines in front of doors, armaments and swords scattered.

Atmospheric horror game in which a crusader, the sword of god, is faced with a scenario in which the devil walks the street.

I call it.... BOO!sade - Spooky Saracen Rising

welp, i had a good run.

400+ incoming posts of retards suggesting "remove combat"

DELET THIS

Fuck yourself.

Some parts in Bloodborne legit unnerved me more than most of the memetastic horror games out now, because the monster designs were properly creepy. The fact that you go the whole game up to Rom with fucking invisible giant monsters just perched in various areas that you don't know about unless you get grabbed by them was spooky, and for whatever reason those gigantic centipede things that shoot fire made me lose my shit and expend all my quicksilver bullets from long range in a panic often.

So often horror now is just like disfigured humanoid creatures. Give me something that is completely foreign to my mind, that's always creepier.

by adapting this into a video game

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders

thread there remember we on post

>yfw it's just peanut butter and you can see his hand clearly under it if you look close enough

By first accepting that horror is a theme and not a genre of games.

> Look closely
NO FUCK YOU NIGGA

pass the controller bro

Make a horror game about bugs

hey guys whats going on

Honestly, what's wrong with his hand?

its actually just cornstarch and oil i would not post gore on a blue board

is...that peanut butter?

Sweet release here I come.

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUCK didn't this have some screamy witch face under the reflective plastic or something

I remember the Evilstick

This is just makeup or something similar to that. It's used to make gross looking shit on your body for costumes or some shit.

DELETE THIS

He put it in something viscous then put holes in the material

DELET

I don't get this one

>accept your destiny as the crawling chaos

please let me in on the know

Make a dating sim with only girls that have disgustingly hideous physical abnormalities

The hard mode would be that the girls adapted fetishes to their condition, meaning you would have to fuck, get fucked by, or even eat the abnormality

Whoa there, user.

Reverse Image Search is a thing, even on mobile.

2 NUKES WEREN'T ENOUGH

I... want to eat that hand.

Make a horror game about Eden Lake.

T H I S

this looks promising, more atmospheric stuff imo

>spoonfeeding the retards
Let them figure out how reverse image searching works

>what is katawa shoujo

Its just beetles, millipedes, and worms. I'd feel bad about crushing them as I cling for dear life, though.

also, this is doing it right

I'm sick of telling them to reverse search, I'd dish out bans for being so braindead if I could.

The only arguments against this game are "hurf durf no combat" and "it got popular and streamers played it"

>mfw scorn and agony aren't the same game

Bring back combat.
HAVE MUSIC! Seriously! Every modern horror game is either silence or only spoopy spooks when being chased.

Use silence as a method of music if that makes any sense. Looks at Silent Hill 1-3.

thanks, japan.

yea looks like they're trying to toot the same horn, agony looks farther along than scorn though so hopefully scorn doesnt rush itself for a faster release.

>have music
Dead Space is 10X scarier without music on

Play Silent Hill 1-3.

You have to use music effectively. I'm not talking about dance tracks but something. Ambience, industrial ambience, etc.

Silent Hill seems to be the only games that did it right.

It's one way to do it.

How indeed.

it took me a bit to realize that. I had thought it went a name change or something. but yeah totally different, yet still under a general theme.

my b, I usually RIS everything but for some reason didn't think to, or expect a result from searching this one

It's a good start, but we could go further

Full-body burn victims, quadruple amputees, girls without jaws, radiation victims, we could even go so far as Helen Keller-esque disabled, long-term comas, and constant seizures

Grinding industrial noise that has that monotonous repetitive tone to it is fucking horrifying if done right.

>yet another boring coming of age movie
>fixing horror

hehe

We put your mother in every horror game. Only your father will have the courage to play them.

No game does horror music as good as SH 1-3, you're setting your expectations too high. If it's going to be shit I'd rather take just ambience.

>

Indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4dKgruSHfQ

The 2 minute mark is a great example of this.

At least Resident Evil used silence to emphasize a scare. I just miss music in my horror genre.

Yes, this is a common topic of discussion, so what?

S I L E N T H I L L S

>horror game
>soundtrack by Scott Walker

>dating an anime girl that has the features of a harlequin baby

you're scaring me

Is there a horror game where you play as the horror?

Looks like a crumpet

>that point at 1:45

fuuuuck it makes me so nervous. like something is constantly getting closer.

That's the first thing I thought of too. Obelisks man.

A high level match of The Hidden.

>muh secret handshake

So is Agony and Scorn going to be A bugs life and Ants scenario? One being biblical human hell and the other some fucked up flesh monster an alien hell? Frankly I have zero fucking idea on what scorn is suppose to be about. The trailer was trippy as hell.

god damn this track just made me uneasy, i love it.

Evolve
Spec Ops

dead by daylight.

and perhaps versus mode in left 4 dead

Until Dawn couldn't see daylight?
Outlast didn't last?
Was The Evil Within was...without?
Remember Amnesia?

I'll be here all night, tip your bartenders.

That's some shit makeup.
exhentai.org/s/fbeccb1d80/13843-106

Shit is BEAUTIFUL.

youtube.com/watch?v=kB73XpMPxEk

this
i probably played silent hill 2 at a bit too young of an age and i was actually starting to worry that if i didnt finish the game quickly the constant stress of its atmosphere would start to affect my health
i havent played it a second time since then, and im thinking it wouldnt hold up nearly as much now
but still it sticks with me, it wasnt fear, it was fucking anxiety

OH GOD FUCK WHY
WHY DID I READ EVERY REPLY AND THEN STILL CLICK ON IT
I DIDNT KNOW
I DIDNT KNOW
GOD DAMN IT JAPAN
and i thought id seen the worst you had to offer

until 3
then they went with overly dramatic movie shit for some bizarre reason and it absolutely killed any tension it might have had

It's time.

Dead Space in Black and White with no music.

Is that poop

Stop rehashing threads.

Pandora's Tower is vaguely like that.

I think I know what this is. It's a parasite that breeds in water. Insects drink from the water and accidentally ingest eggs or larva or something. The parasite breeds inside them and then takes control of their body, forcing them to drown themselves in water. The the parasite wriggles out to try and lay more eggs in the water.

There's a similar parasite that affects humans too. It lives under your skin, generally around your legs or fee. It creates giant boils that have a strong burning sensation, the idea is that you dip your legs into water to relieve the burning and then the worm burst out of the boil and into freedom, where it will breed in the water.

Basically, don't go swimming in lakes and rivers if you have open wounds or broken skin. Don't drink water unless you clean or treat it in some fashion either.

Fucking. Fuck.

that mantis... that mantis had a hard life.

I saved your pic as a reference image.

I called the pic "Creepy Crawlers on a Stick."

I fucking swear, the very existence of parasites like this makes me terrified of going near any godforsaken river or lake unless I have a goddamn hazmat suit or something.

Our world is a world that needs to be burned.

sometimes just falling asleep at the wrong place or the wrong time is enough to expose yourself.

He got peanut butter all over it because he's a fat fuck

scorn looks much better than agony imho, they seem to be emphasizing slow burn creepiness with puzzle elements, whereas agony a bit too in your face / amnesia for my liking.

its just a prank trying to scare people about a new virus spreading insect, saw it on FB a lil while back.
inquisitr.com/2721599/new-killer-insect-hoax-goes-viral-photos/

Let's not forget a certain species of tapeworm that can be transferred into a human host through the mouth (possibly from your nails somehow catching the eggs and eating food with unwashed hands) that lives in your lungs in its youngest form until it grows bigger. It'll then attempt to climb into your intestine where the good shit is at through your trachea and into your esophagus. Sometimes the worm may take a "wrong turn" and end up coming out from your nose.

webmd.com/lung/news/20130320/man-dies-after-parasitic-worms-invade-lungs

There's nothing in fictional horror as eerie as the real life ruskie number station especialy the one from Chernobyl that's used as the brain scorcherer in STALKER

I CAN SMELL YOU
youtu.be/FDQx-guzx2s

SH2 was fucking GOAT in so many ways. One of them is sound design. There were these little details thay you may not even notice for several playthrough.

I remember there was this hallway in hospital basement, I think, with a wire fence or something and you couldn't see what was behind it in the total darkness. I used to run past it like it's no big deal. Then I was playing it again after some time has passed and stopped there for whatever reason and if you listen closely, you can hear a faint screeching sound from time to time, like a noise that rats make, only severely fucked up and distorted. Fucking stood there paralyzed even though I knew this area had no enemies. Also, you can only hear that in that one area. Fucking spooked shit out of me.

fuck of Seananners
go fucking do some MW remastered videos where you don't express any real opinion so you can suck off everyone at the same time

that image paired with that post made my sides go to orbit for some reason

to this day i cant hear radio static without an intense sense of dread and anxiety

>have terrible insomnia
>white noise helps a lot
>jam clock radio between stations to produce static
>every now and then I can hear somebody talking in the background

Why the fuck would Seananners shill a 27 million view video on Cred Forums

It's their only video I know of. I don't mean to start some weird youtube personality flamewar. pls ignore.

You don't fix something that never worked, you start over from scratch.

get an electric air purifier. worked wonders for me

>cthulu'd
Not sure why this made me laugh but kek

Fuck this planet and all that resides here.

I can't imagine what it must sound like having an insect stuck in your ear

>insect

Fun fact.

Sometimes mosquitoes will carry a parasite called the Filarial Worm. They will pass this into you when they bite you. The worm will lay dormant in your body as a larva, until it reaches adulthood. Then, it wriggles its way into your lymphatic system.

This is bad. Very bad. Your lymphatic system is basically your body's waste water system, it's responsible for keeping fluids moving through your body. If it gets clogged up due to a bunch of parasites breeding in there then your body parts will swell like a balloon.

This is called Elephantiasis.

Ever been bitten by a mosquito before? Then this could be you.

How else would you do immersive horror?

If this is true then my burning hate for mosquitoes is now legendary.
Fucking wannabe draculas cock-blood-suckers

NUUUUUUU !!!

OHHH FUCK NO

Game?

At what point do you decide that maybe, just maybe, keeping the leg is just not worth it

Imagine if in a game like The Sims, a specific painting would rarely do this. That'd be cool.
THICC

Scientists are actually trying to thoroughly investigate the consequences of exterminating mosquitoes, they've become that much of a health hazard.

literally not a shittier species on this planet. overgrown parasites and nothing more.

Watched until the 00:42

Is that a anteater?

Could they accomplish such a thing, though? Fucking mosquitoes.

Its not a game, its a real thing. Don't know where to buy it though, would like to own such a painting.

>noo you can't know, muh secret club
fuck off, everyone can use google, iqdb, wait etc

>can't handle spooky shit
>tfw she lunges at you
Good lord.

Stop relying on jumpscares and focus on making the atmosphere creepy and ominous. Games rely on jumpscares so much you can almost predict whenever a jumpscare is coming. Thats not horror, thats activating our reflexes and senses by sudden/loud stimuli.

You know you can get free white noise/noise machine apps on your phone though

Brown noise is my personal sleeping jam

I don't get what the webm is showcasing
is that hideo kojima maybe?

Then what's even the point of not giving the source?

>M-muh typrophobia!

Seriously Typrophobia is possibly the most entry tier "phobia". You don't actually have it, shut the fuck up.

I like the chase music in frictional games like SOMA

youtu.be/TElkJFzoA0I

Shame they don't seem to have scary music for other occasions, just when there's a monster

the man in black has no reflection

The major concern is overpopulation of species.

Without mosquitoes there may be no way to curb growing populations of certain species (including humans).

Another major concern would be the death or major decrease of populations of creatures like bats or other animals that feed off of mosquitoes.

So yes, it might sound like a great idea, but in reality insects are so important to the balance of the ecosystem that it would probably be the best to stop playing God and let nature do its own thing.

SAUCE
A
U
C
E

>tfw can't handle spooky shit
>at all
>like that video monster house was enough to scare the daylights out of me
>every now and then watch something like ghost adventures or shit like lost tapes.
>obviously scripted, get through it fine
>but trying to go to sleep just takes any sense of logic right out and I get scared shitless.

Dude walking by later has no reflection.

This movie really required suspension of disbelief to be spooky.
Like if you start thinking that the thing just slowly walks across the planet towards you, it's not spooky, but if you think that it just teleports close to you if you try to run, it's dumb.
If you don't think about that, it's the most horrifying shit ever, if the only consept you know of is "It could get to you anytime"

People from the fucking 1800s thought we'd have out shit in order by now. They thought we'd drain swamps, cut down jungles, ANYTHING to rid the world of mosquitoes.

This is actually cute. The painting is feeling embarrassed because you keep starting at her, so she's trying things to have you avert your gaze. That scare at the end is just a last-ditch effort.

>play spooky horror game
>later that night can't get to sleep bcuz worried fictional monsters are gonna come eat me
i love horror games

>flood rises
>bugs begin CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

HIDEO KOJIMA IS A VAMPIRE?

well its really just a natural reaction. having a bunch of small open holes on yore skin/open entry points to areas that should not be entered or ways for something to catch and tear the skin is probably quite unhealthy.

its just a self conscious thing, like when somebody points out a physical quirk

It's p. spooky to know that I'd never be able to live a normal life again no matter how many people I fucked.

Maybe
One thing that is being tried is releasing mosquitoes that make nonviable offspring but still compete with the normal mosquitoes, that worked pretty well last time I heard (although it can't get rid of them completely)

>p.

reddit

Does anyone else think that the scariest horror is the unintentional? Shit like creepy glitches, things that aren't really supposed to happen like physics bugging out, 4th wall breaks, etc. It's even scarier when the game doesn't try to draw your attention to the scare, like it just happens without scare-chords or sound effects. I think it's because when we play any conventional horror games, we sort of expect a certain genre of horror or a horror-ish atmosphere. But I'm scared the most when a game blurs the line between the game and the player.

Something similar to what I'm talking about is LSD. That game shits on so many people because of just how uncanny it is. You never really know what to expect.

Just look at pic related. Imagine going into a resident evil-like safe room, trying to save, and seeing this message. Could be a glitch, but who knows, right?

Yeah but people see anything with holes and are all MUH TRYPOPHOBIA TRIGGERED AAAA

Except it didn't. At most you're like hahah ew or oh okay a bunch of holes better make a reply that it's triggering my trypophobia

I want to scoop a handful of those worms and put them on my dick. They'd wiggle about and it'd be like some kind of cold tentacle blowjpb.

or, you know, just fuck mosquitoes anyway and we just deal with whatever happens to get a collateral fucking because most things would be better than the continued existence of mosquitoes
besides, whats another few dozen drops in the "wiped out by humans" ocean?

>that natural terror when something you isn't suppose to be happening and you're not suppose to be seeing happens on the screen so you try to shut it down with shaky hands

Mosquitoes are shit but I'd rather have cockroaches gone forever to be honest.

TETSUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i dont know whether to be revolted at that thought or aroused

Sure, those little guys won't hurt you

I wanna ____ those bugs

thats just people not thinking or actually caring about what they say or do, like if i stare at it for a bit i will get a sort of urge to check my body for unwanted openings, but then i sorta think of myself as a poly morph (sorta) and imagine them being there and i just morph my skin to make it go away.

my example is weird, but there is a precedent for it, its like a triggered paranoia about physical exposure/weekness.

What's revolting about it?

2deep4me

Aren't cockroaches inoffensive? Except for the jojh kind, of course.

mosquitos are literally nature's dirty needles fuck those faggots

Hah

Eh roaches carry tons of diseases

Worse though is you could have the cleanest house, but then some asshole moves in near you and is a dirty rat and now all his neighbors gotta deal with his roach problem people like that should be gunned down in the streets

And i swear to fucking god roaches do shit BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT FREAKS YOU OUT THEY FUCKING KNOW

Does anyone have the video of this? Or something similar?

well, considering we might fuckup large parts of the eco system over a couple 1000 years or so is probably not good. nothing world ending, but defiantly more chaotic, its just that it takes a while to see the effects, like how wild boars are a massive mennace

How long does the insect live after being removed? Will the holes ever heal? I want a full story.

I swear roaches fucking know if you're scared/disgusted by them they start making it straight for you asap.

>heh hey larry check this out im gonna climb on the ceiling over this sleeping sack of meat, and im gonna hang there until he wakes up, and im gonna drop right on his stupid fucking face HAH

He put peanut butter and used an empty pet to make holes in the butter.

I don't like that because it looks like cheerios with tomato sauce, absolutely disgusting.

Why, user? Why would you do that to me?

It's a lot less spooky when you realize playing as the Hidden's is as easy as pressing right click and/or hopping straight upward.

Wouldn't be fair. Bugs got there first.

I went into Silent Hill completely blind when I first played it, I didn't know 'survivor horror' was a thing. The dark alley hurt me real bad.

Don't make me read it again.

Not him, but I only get squirmy when it's on a human body. Like your image does absolutely nothing to me. But diseases and injuries in general make me so uncomfortable my dick hurts. I can't even watch surgery.

Apparently roaches are just heading for your shadow to get out of the light.

Anyway, has anyone seen that one horror movie? It was a short Spanish film or something, and it was called "The cockroach's revenge" or something?

A woman (you never see their faces, the camera is always very low to the ground to get the cockroach's point of view) sees a cockroach and screams. A man comes along and stomps the cockroach with his shoe, and then they both leave. However, the cockroach is still alive. Its lower body has been crushed and its legs are jutting out at disturbing angles and some thick pale yellow gooey insect guts are protruding out but it's alive. The cockroach slowly crawls around for like, 15 minutes. It's the most terrifying fucking thing in the world. You ever see in a horror game or something where you see a monster and it's humanoid but it doesn't move right? And that's scary as shit? Imagine that, but with a cockroach. There's even a segment where the camera is a short distance away, on the other side of a gap. The cockroach FUCKING FLIES TOWARDS YOU IN THE MOST TWISTED FASHION POSSIBLE SINCE ITS WINGS HAVE BEEN PARTLY CRUSHED AND IT MAKES THE MOST HORRIFIC BUZZING SOUND

So the cockroach finally makes it to its destination. The man is asleep and the cockroach perches itself on his face. His lips are slightly ajar, and the cockroach squeezes and convulses until it pushes hundreds of glistening cockroach eggs into his mouth.

The credits roll and you can hear the man and woman talking on a black background as the credits go past. The man is complaining of stomach cramps, muscle pains and itchiness so he's going to see a doctor. The implication is, of course, that the cockroaches are breeding inside of him.

Saya_no_uta.jpg

She lives

>yeah thats a good one henry, but check this out. Im gonna wait and hide until he makes or brings home his favorite meal, and as soon as he sets it down, IM GONNA RUN ALL OVER IT AHAHAHAHA

Thanks user, I really needed that in my life.

It's difficult because no game can ever truly be scary unless it constant changes the rules.

Games like amnesia and the who jump scares are only scary for the first 5 minutes but once you understand the games rules and AI patterns it no longer becomes scary.

I think the actually scariest game I played was dead space but only during the intro sequence when you're unarmed, the game tells you very little and you're left running from necromorphs with no weapon.

A truly scary game would need to make you expect something and think you know how to play early on and then completely change things up to keep it fresh and unpredictable, hence scary

Have you heard of this?

So a man is found dead. He has been complaining of severe pains in his gut and anus for some time before he died. Autopsy on the corpse reveals that black widow spiders were living inside of him. How did they get inside of him?

The man was gay and used a tree branch to fuck his butt. Branch had spider eggs on it, which got lodged in his ass and were incubated by his body heat. The spiders hatched and ate him from the inside out.

If this makes you squeamish, rub your skins. It reassures your mind that your skin is smooth and the discomfort goes away.

>tfw no spooky ghost painting gf

whats wrong with cockroaches? dont they pretty much just clean up the floor and stay out of your way?
fuck mosquitoes id kill all gnats instead
i mean seriously, you know there is no god when theres a creature thats evolved specifically to form huge clouds around our heads and then aim straight for our eyes
i mean what kind of god would allow something like that to exist?
AND IN SUCH QUANTITIES
IN THE PART OF THE YEAR THATS ALREADY THE MOST PHYSICALLY IRRITATING

Thats not how spiders work also how can you fuck yourself with a tree branch

More like he complained about cramps and stomach pains because his entire anus was splinters

Roaches dont clean anything dude, they hust eat random shit then shit all over the place and they carry over 40 diseases. They also cause bad allergies in many people

Can't find anything on this. Anyone?

and we arent doing that already? im just saying, if youre in a plane thats lost an engine and is just gliding its way to a crash landing, you might as well get up and throw the fucker whose been kicking your seat the past 10 hours out the emergency exist, just to, you know, be able to enjoy the rest of the crash in some kind of peace

>games have to be first person to be immersive

Out.

It would be impossible due to how easy mosquitos breed

If you want evidence there is no God, or at least not a kind one, look at parasites, or the wasps that lay eggs in an insect and then the larvae eat their way out while the host is still alive, and they know to avoid vitals. Like Jesus fuck.

More suspense and build up, less spooky encounters.
More puzzles, adventures, and "ohshittniggarun" style games, less "shooty gun" or action style games.

By making more underwater horror

youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

god damn it.
of course thats the first thing i read right after sitting down with a plate of food

I remember reading a few tests that were done to modify mosquito's genes to only produce male offspring, which would eventually cut down on the amount around. As that one mosquito has it's all male offspring, those eventually find others to mate with and they all produce males, and so on. A trait that would continue to be passed down until there would eventually be next to no females mosquitos to mate, and the population would then die out once that generation died

I don't know if it ever did get past testing stages though

>developing a roach problem
>time to start spraying again but I haven't been able to go out for poison this week
>every night I go out for a snack into the kitchen and there are more and more baby roaches when I turn on the lights
I fucking hate roaches, they're the goddamn worst
I never had to deal with them growing up but now I live in Albuquerque, the roach capital of the world

cockroaches, my dear freind, are one of the hardiest motherfucking things on the goddamn planet, they can endure levels of bullshit that other organisms can only dream of, im talking from surviving a week without its head to being irradiated to obscene and lethal levels from an actual nuke.

thing is that although they are tough as shit, they are also just flat out unaffected by just about every disease on the planet, but can still pick them up, so the fuckers just trounce wherever they please and pick up shit that most animals cant survive or are actually immune to, and march into yer house and spread dat shit everywhere.

You know, there is a type of wasp that essentially kills a cockroach with it's stinger. Except like... it's brain dead so it's technically not alive, but the wasp can still direct the cockroach to move by manipulating the cockroach's feelers. It drives the cockroach somewhere safe, then fills it up with eggs. Since the cockroach is alive, it will last long enough for the eggs to hatch and the larva to kill it. Since it's brain dead, it will not run away and stay in that safe place.

Basically there are wasps that are fucking necromancers that spread a living plague of chest bursters. If god exists then the devil does too and he's fucking winning.

youtube.com/watch?v=qN2XMyxAs5o

Why don't we make a horror game about terrible fucking insects and parasites and shit?

Maybe it's a dude looking for game ideas or something.

Some 3rd world shithole would undo all of that research in an instant, if it were true

2 nukes was too much

play with phobias more

at least water bears have the decency to put all their points into being resilient motherfuckers instead of multiclassing into advanced douchebaggery too

here, this is from the wikipedia page

>Cockroaches are among the hardiest insects. Some species are capable of remaining active for a month without food and are able to survive on limited resources, such as the glue from the back of postage stamps.[53] Some can go without air for 45 minutes. Japanese cockroach (Periplaneta japonica) nymphs, which hibernate in cold winters, survived twelve hours at −5 °C to −8 °C in laboratory experiments.[54]

Experiments on decapitated specimens of several species of cockroach found a variety of behavioral functionality remained, including shock avoidance and escape behavior, although many insects other than cockroaches are also able to survive decapitation, and popular claims of the longevity of headless cockroaches do not appear to be based on published research.[55][56] The severed head is able to survive and wave its antennae for several hours, or longer when refrigerated and given nutrients.[56]

It is popularly suggested that cockroaches will "inherit the earth" if humanity destroys itself in a nuclear war. Cockroaches do indeed have a much higher radiation resistance than vertebrates, with the lethal dose perhaps six to 15 times that for humans. However, they are not exceptionally radiation-resistant compared to other insects, such as the fruit fly.[57]

The cockroach's ability to withstand radiation better than human beings can be explained through the cell cycle. Cells are most vulnerable to the effects of radiation when they are dividing. A cockroach's cells divide only once each time it molts, which is weekly at most in a juvenile roach. Since not all cockroaches would be molting at the same time, many would be unaffected by an acute burst of radiation, but lingering radioactive fallout would still be harmful.[52]

>my b

reddit

Are you 12?

everything is reddit nowadays,

have people forgotten that sometimes user is just fucking lazy?

youtube.com/watch?v=tY92NAdGaR4

Seriously? That's a badger.

>Scorn and Agony
These look so interesting. I really wish I wasn't a huge bitch who can't stand horror games

Why don't you make like a Silent Hill and shut the fuck up

>in a obviously haunted house
>going through a cupboard
>something taps you on the shoulder
>heavy breathing in ear
>have to turn around at some point motherfucker
nothing there

Fuck you Thi4f you had no right having a good level.

Man, I love it when it's "but there's nothing behind you" punchlines. The anticipation is so strong and not having anything there doesn't really dispel the tension enough.

Like, you know PT? When the radio starts suddenly saying "Look behind you. LOOK BEHIND YOU" I actually tried to walk backwards into the door and couldn't do it. It was freaky as shit man.

I'd take off my coat and use it to slap the fuckers off first.

Make it fucked up, less gore. I don't want to get scared because of a jumpscare, I want to turn off the game and stay awake thinking about what I've just seen and experienced. Thinking like "What if I were in this world? I would go insane!" Read about human's psychology and create a game around that, read about the many kinds of weird and creepy phobias. I want a game built around that, not 100% gore and jumpscares.

not it, but Layers of Fear has several moments like that

cry of fear

>Read about human's psychology and create a game around that, read about the many kinds of weird and creepy phobias. I want a game built around that, not 100% gore and jumpscares.

You know what human psychology teaches us? That people are afraid of gore and jumpscares almost universally but "weird and creepy" phobias are very rare. Your advice would result in a game not effective for most of the population.

I'm reminded of that game based around gynophobia and arachnophobia. It's fucking awful to say the least.

>Synopsis makes it sound like the criminals are deranged sadists
>They're actually profoundly stupid and completely incompetent at killing

Fuck me, THEY HAD A GUN. What moron thinks kicking a pen into an ear is quieter than a gunshot?

FUCK YOU USA NEXT TIME JUST NUKE EVERY THING OR DONT NUKE AT ALL. FUCKING JAPS

They were both stupid and deranged sadists. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

too much ass

At least three times more jump scares
Also more notes/audio logs spread around for no apparent reason.

Maybe the spooky monster should be hyped the entire game only to be like a crappy "Go 2 slep" Jeff the Autist creepypasya bullshit?

Man, that would be great.

Get the fuck outta here with that shit

Penumbra
Amnesia
System Shock 2
Undying
Condemned
Fear

This is not true at all. Amnesia always scares me simply because you CAN'T fight and have to hide, which makes for a frighteningly helpless experience

I would grab it, and the punch it until every bug its dead

First you must understand that horror is not a genre, it's a theme.

Games are not movies, so a genre describes the gameplay.

Take any "horror" game out there, and you can better describe it's gameplay better by labeling it another genre.

Honestly can't understand why anyone found this frightening.

Then again, I never understood why anyone was scared of Blaire witch project or paranormal activity either.

It works in amnesia because the monsters are more of an obstacle not an enemy to be bested and you have a clear goal and puzzles to do.
The monsters are not the main 'thing' the puzzles are, the monsters are there to add tension and a sense of urgency

And that´s why i don´t pat my hedgehog

i can never remember the name of that game

>God
You mean science?

make the game, then make it horror,amphibious monsters can cause a spook
youtube.com/watch?v=suuMCYyyfxg

Gore and jump scares are important in horror games, but don't over-use it. Also, they need to stay away from zombies. They are not considered scary anymore.

Amnesia is a very poor example because failure is so forgiving the game may as well not have enemies at all.

When you die the game just respawns you exactly where you were and moves whatever killed you away. Apart from a few scripted "puzzle" enemies, you could probably beat the game by just completely ignoring enemies and taking deaths much faster than you would by actually trying to play it the way it's meant to be played.

The fact that Amnesia is praised for it's design instead of being ridiculed for failing abysmally is baffling to me.

It amazes me that Ravenholm is still a better "horror" experience than a lot of actual horror games

Amnesia is entry level.
The atmosphere isn't scary just the music and jump scares.
Next you will say slinderman was scary.

>If god exists then the devil does too and he's fucking winning.
>You mean science?

If science exists then the devil does too and he's fucking winning? Also science didn't create anything, science is just the study of the physical and natural world, not the mechanism for how these things come to be. Stop being a double retard.

Don´t doing the character overpowered. Even if you can fight, make the enemies stronger, if you can fight, make enemies faster, if you have guns, make every bullet count and by being creepy showing enemies never in the open. Always hidden, always there. Making some of them ad new mecanics , like DON´T ENTER THE SHADOWS, FOLLOW THE NOISE, LET IT TOUCH YOU or something like that

To be fair, it's a lot easier to make a short horror experience than it is to make a long one and it's especially easier when the horror comes from a momentary genre shift. If there was a horror game that was just Ravenholm for 8 hours it wouldn't exactly be highly regarded.

Ocean House Hotel in Bloodlines is another example of this. People praise it as a great "spooky" experience but it's just a sequence that is "walking simulator with scripted scares". There's a billion games out there like that and everyone hates them.

>yfw this will never go past the concept stage

If anyone wants a truly unsettling experience, find a room with windows into a yard, make sure it's late at night, turn off all lights and put silent hill 2 on your tv with high volume (preferrably surround sound), make sure you're in a building with plenty of creepy ambient noises. I found myself frozen, I just couldn't play it

I disagree. At best most horror games could be categorized as "exploration games", which is too wide of a term to use as a genre

Well some people handle horror better than others. I typically find it hard to break the barrier of immersion to tell myself it's just a game

Honestly, the only intriguing thing about this for me is how bright it is.

If someone is actually going to try to make a well lit horror game then I wish them the best of luck because that's something I'd really like to see.

I have never in my life been scared by a third person game
It's just impossible to trigger a fight or flight response when your brain can very clearly distinguish the character from yourself
It just removes all tension when i not only can see my character but also see all around my character and what's happening

what good horror games are there besides silent hill?

re 1-3 are fun as survival games and re4 is fun as action but i dont think any of them are really spooky

Explain
Why does this man have no relfection

If you ask me the king of horror games is the Fatal Frame franchise.

Silent Hill will always fuck with me no matter the game. I used to watch my brother and his friends play it when I was younger. That fucking rabbit in the hallway and then next door and the growing faces in the closet spooked the fuck out of me.

Market it as a normal game.

Seriously most of the scary shit that's happened to me in games haven't been from horror games

Why would you wait to be close to it after getting safe? I'd grab it and then once it's safe to let go, run away like a lunaitc

i really thing good combat is key

and by 'good' i mean stressful and punishing. i want to be fumbling my gun and shit

you have to accept your fate sometimes

its make-up

This, holy shit. That oatmeal is going straight into the trash.

how they keep getting away whit this?!

Why didn't she age anymore? Was sure her top would fall of her shoulders and I'd see some skelletitties

but, that is a fly eater spider!, they do no harm, I mean, we nerver like to bite the in's of the ear anyway.

>we

>we

They're spider bros and they're chill as fuck. Had this guy roaming my bathroom for a few weeks awhile back.

>352293517
>Haha if I speak in the first person I will get many (you)s and reaction images that I can repost on leddit!

Horror games benefit from being shorter and dense rather than long. Compare Alien Isolation to PT, the former's campaign was too long, you got used to the alien, the scares wore off, they introduced fps combat for a chapter or two to pad the length, and it diluted the experience and staled the scares. Then the latter PT, which was incredibly short, but that one hallway was full of so many secret layers and horrific suggestions that it was far more compelling to run the loop over and over.

Condense everything Alien Isolation had to half its length, and you've got a diamond.

Fuck off Beethoven

I'm out of here. Fuck you all.

jumping spiders are cute, i just don't like things living inside of me as a general rule