1 Console 1 Game

Have you ever purchased a console just to play 1 game?

I first purchased a PlayStation 3 to play FIFA 12. I enjoyed it very much. My next purchase was FIFA 13. This too was very good. The only game besides that which I bought was Grand Theft Auto V. That was alright but definitely not a console seller for me and the tennis is arguably the worst tennis game/minigame of all time

Now I am considering a PlayStation 4 to play FIFA 16 or FIFA 17.

Has anyone done the same and if so which game & console did you buy? Do you feel that there is one game alone which would persuade you to purchase a console? Surely quality > quantity.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-WII-U-Black-32GB-WUP-101-02-Console-Power-Supply-One-Game-/262622505235?hash=item3d25856913:g:oB4AAOSwMgdX1ulb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only ever bought nintendo handhelds for pokemon. Might buy a ps4 for KH3 too

Bought a vita for persona 4 golden

3DS XL for Animal Crossing

only series i will always buy and play no matter what, and I usually play shooters and racing games, i dont understand it

I bought an original Xbox to play Dead to Rights (before it was ever announced for PS2).

I wasn't disappointed.

I got an Xbone just for Halo.
Sunset Overdrive alone was worth it but I've got a lot out of it overall. tbf tho I never had a 360 so I'm getting into that backlog a lot too

Ah Animal Crossing how could I forget that one. I also picked up the 3DS XL + Animal Crossing bundle just to play that game. It's got so much charm I'll gladly buy the next installment on whichever platform it may be.

You might actually have the worst taste in games on Cred Forums. Congratulations.

I'm planning on buying a 2DS for Pokémon Sun/Moon. and I only really own a ps4 for fightan' (guilty gear, KoF, etc).

As I've gotten older, I only really stick to a few favorite series or genres. "New gen" games are rarely worth my time and money

I bought a 3DS just to play Kirby Triple Deluxe. Then later I bought Kirby Planet Robobot.

Kirby will be the deciding factor on if I get a NX or not.

I bought the PS3 to play The Last of Us
I bought the xbone to play Destiny

Only one of those was a good purchase, guess which one...

gamecube for ww

I wanted to buy Fifa but now that my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm low on money because I dropped $10k on school I just can't buy games anymore...

Fuck you I will never afford a ps4 for years
I got my gaming PC because luck
But I wont get a ps4 from luck i just want KH3 too KMS my man KMS

You still have to treat yourself at least once in a while. Otherwise, what's the point?

You can sell her miscarriage on the black market if you need money so badly.

Vita for Muramasa

Thats about it

Bought a PS4 specifically for Bloodborne, but got other games for it as well.
WiiU I bought for Smash 4 and its the only game I own for it.

Gamecube, metroid prime

Dreamcast, shenmue

I was 10 and 12 at the time, so give me a fucking break.

I preferred pc, but emulation wasn't as good back then.

I bought a ps3 just to watch blu-rays. Didn't even buy my first game until three months later.

>Have you ever purchased a console just to play 1 game?

Tell that to the sonyggers

I bought a PS3 for The Last Guardian.

most of the time it's one exclusive that tips me in favor of a console, and most of my games end up being multiplats.

last gen it was 360, this gen it's ps4.

Wii U for Sm4sh

I can say that it was worth it, even if it was only one game.

A 3DS XL for Monster Hunter 4U
PS4 for Bloodborne and at the time, EDF 4.1
Got enough time out of all of them to warrant the pricetags I feel. What other games should I have for the 3DS, I havent actually played it since I stopped playing MH.

Bought WiiU only for this game.
Clocked about 350+ hours on it.
No regrets.

Gamecube for Melee

I was so excited for that game that I bought the game before I even had an actual gamecube, I just read the game manual until my birthday came.

I got a ps4 for free and only got bloodborne, after I got bored of it sold em off.

Been interested in picking up a WiiU myself just for this as it really does look neat.

Make sure that is your kid, man.

get a Wii U cheap and pirate that shit with Loadiine. literally free games lmfao.

I also recommend dong freeze, the zelda hd remakes if you never played them, and smash bros. AFAIK Smash Bros doesn't worked good on loadiine as of now, but they are working on comptability as we speak.

alternatively, wait like ten years for CEMU to catch up.

ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-WII-U-Black-32GB-WUP-101-02-Console-Power-Supply-One-Game-/262622505235?hash=item3d25856913:g:oB4AAOSwMgdX1ulb

I will but I will need to save money too. I honestly won't even have time for video games anymore once my child is born. I will be busy working 8-10 hour days for HVAC and coming home taking care of my child and spending time with my family.

edgy

Do you like open world exploration with shit ton of content and aesthetic to see?
Do you like doing side quests that leads to, arguably, one of the best world building in vidya?
Do you pop a boner with mech?
If you answer yes to any the questions above then pull the fucking trigger already.

it's not edgy, you don't really want a kid dude. you said you dropped 10k on school, what happens if your kid gets sick? what happens if you flunk out of school? or what if your wife gets raped by a pack of niggers? gets cancer? come on dude. risk/reward here. kill the kid and sell it to the BM so you can live a real life. once you are truly set (done with school, better standard of living) THEN you can worry about having children/saving the white race.

I purchased a 3ds on release and didnt buy any games with it for quite some time.

Ps3 for last of us?

Lol

This sounds very much like really subtle high quality bait but apparently Cred Forums is pretty chill right now

I bought a ps4 just for bloodborne

I now have ratchet, odin sphere, gravity rush, ds2, blazblue, tearaway, destiny and furi though. To be honest even if it didn't lead to me those games I don't think I would be peeved.

I bought a PS3 for RDR and GTAV back in 2013, was worth it.

If it's fifa you want buy an xbone and get ea access

My friends want me to get an Xbox One for Fifa 17 cause it has legends.

Tempted but it's just another console that'll gather dust especially since the xbox one exclusives I can play on my PC.

yeah, I pretty much bought all my consoles for 1 or 2 games
got a PS3 to play shadow of the colossus and ico HD bundle, now it's sitting there collecting dust

main reason why I don't buy consoles anymore

>Bought a Ps4 and uncharted for 400$
>Now have to wait for a second game to come out for the PS4

I bought a used 360 when GTAV came out, when PS3 was still $600. RROD'd eventually, bought a new one, got bored and sold it to some kid for cheap.

This was my reason getting the 3DS too. Shame about the direction the series is headed though.