Designs that scrapped/cancelled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLJDFIwK04M
urbandead.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ydy_HY37pWY
youtube.com/watch?v=mBR3CcJslC4
youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI
sourjelly.com/anthophobia
mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_(town)
youtu.be/WIAqs5auQV8
youtu.be/1l67ChP1qFk
youtu.be/IxWQbcc1jFo?t=1m2s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFvyPxnygI
youtu.be/DKs6k_rB95Q
youtu.be/JA9c01YsEFM
youtu.be/EeEXAyYY0-s
youtube.com/watch?v=btA07qRZR4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Ellie's periods got progressively worse

>Naughty Dog's INSIDE

anyone got that image of all the scrapped bioshock infinite designs? makes me so sad.

i could see them incorporate this if they do indeed make a sequel (for what it's worth, neil recently tweeted about writing something new and liking the result).

Can say the mutations have gone further and more horrific

Say what you will about Bethesda, their concept art is usually on point.

She looks sad. I want to give her a hug.

thats way scarier than the real one

Jesus fuck, I'm glad they scrapped that design. It looks both horrifying and terribly designed at the same time.

>tfw no l4d survival-horror conversion mod

Mr. Friendly, from Half-Life, who would basically rape the player.

>It could have been amazing
Fucking germans ruin everything

you think it was cut because of the leak ?

It already is amazing

this is great. it would make for a good reaction image.

I am really pissed that New Londo was going to be two areas, but they cut the first part. Those collapsed buildings near Rickert looking like you can walk around in them.

It was my least favorite area because of the ghosts, but if they made another section with different enemies, that would have been pretty cool. I did love the atmosphere.

Canonically the cordyceps only affects humans though I thought. Every other animal in the game seems unaffected.

Looks like it fits in well with HL1 world, why'd they scrap this.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLJDFIwK04M

>why'd they scrap this.

Just like every scraped idea, time and money

This Pokemon's design was later split into Blaziken and Lati@s.

>Bethesda already decided they were going to reuse animations during the concept stage

God damn.

I know what you're talking about but I don't know if I have anything besides Scottish Fitzroy.

So have concept art they used while first pitching Bioshock, instead.

why do people use the term latiats when referring to both latios and latias

Because it's quicker than writing Latias/Latios.

>mermaid
>schoolgirl outfit

really makes you think...

but latiATs doesn't refer to either pokemon

So much amazing shit was cut from this game man.

>syringes
>"very effective against non-organics"

In case you're serious, the @ is both an A and an O.

Yeah, zombies really are controlling our society.

So it would seem, huh ?

Are those bodies it's hands?

Looks like SMT.

Those uniforms are based on the Navy so it kinda makes sense

No it's not. It's an A with a very long tail.
Which, I might add, doesn't connect to anything, meaning it doesn't form an O.

The @ is supposed to represent the a and the o at the same time. I can't believe i need to explain this.

>game under Ken "if I hear 'cyborg-ninja' one more time you're fired" Levine
>they focus tested it on some retards who got lost
I guess I should be surprised that bioshock 1 was as good as it was.

>lower left

Was just about to post that one
These are some interesting looking monsters. I wish they would have used these as enemies instead of ugly people with guns and blunt objects

When are we going to get an actual zombie horror game?

Not like "MAKE GUNS AND SHOOT LE ZSOMBEIS XDD", an actual survival game where in order to get basic rations and water you have to sneak past these horribly mutated and disfigured creatures?

>Lower middle

>things a casual would say for $800, please

looks like the starting point of dragon's dogma

So these were splicers for bioshock? Ok, I would have loved bioshock 2 even more if the splicers the long lasting side effects were turning into some elemental zombie. Kind of rip off the first resident evil and have a world police force investigate the remains of rapture

it's silly but the most fun i had with this type of premise was urban dead urbandead.com/

This game will never go past concept stage. Such a waste

These kind of creatures would have worked great in Bioshock 2.

The scrapped enemy designs for Infinite are traggic. You had a physical collision of the same person from multiple timelines, jammed together and twisted. In the game they're just ghosts with nose bleeds.

Also, I think this guy was Bioshock 2.

see

Holy shit, this looks awesome. I love the idea. Why won't it go past concept? Not in the right hands or something?

The one thing I wish had happened in a Souls game was having an actual populated village. Majula came close to this, but it was really just a handful of stragglers squatting in the buildings.

>No its-

Welcome to autism.

The game is just a pitch that's why. Waiting for somebody to pick it up.

Can't have a game where you're a proper baddie user

Clapistanis wouldn't be able to understand that they're not playing an honurable world police man, and Germans + Australians would shit a brick and censor everything except the name

I could see this being done by the dead by daylight team

Guy on right has an anus as an ear

They remade infinite 3 or 4 times before the final game came out.

Because those guys are unbelievably naive. They have no production plan, only concepts.They even refuse to go to Kickstarter They just looking for someone who will work on sheer enthusiasm, and this will never happen.

Year of the Ladybug, if somebody wonders.

Also more concept art

Why is there a bunch of CIA hanging from the roof?

This sort of thing seems kind of cool conceptually, but you can pretty quickly figure out why it didn't work out.

A player would fall for it one time. Ever. And that's assuming they were coming in with no outside knowledge, so more realistically a player would fall for it maybe 0.5 times on average.

So you just developed an enemy type that will maybe succeed at its job as a jumpscare once and then always be sniped from afar from then on.

Maybe there are other people your meant to save
>play as some kind of doctor or relief effort
>have to save civilians if you see them
>later in the game some of them are traps and you have to approach more carefully rather than just running straight at them and pressing a prompt then moving on

they are morons then, they NEED money or funding so they can pay people to work on the game fulltime, almost nobody works on a game like this without pay because nobody can.

what the fuck is there story? what are they thinking will happen? some random shmuck with the talent to uphold the quality of the idea will just offer to work for free? the world dosn't work like that.

Infinite had a lot of cool ideas that got canned., The game underwent a pretty big restructuring far into its development that aborted a lot of it and ended up with the works-if-you-don't-think-about-it version we ended up with.

this, you gotta put some pressure on the player not to sit around or have enough time to take a good look at things, also if the bait is frequent but also not important the player is more likely to forget to check, doubley so if they randomize on occasion.

God I hope not. Those retards are already hard at work destroying one good idea, they don't need another.

i had the book the excuse in the book is that in player interaction it was not good

all you saw was the circle attacking you so it got cut something like that

That's so fucking cool. Why the FUCK wasn't that in the game?

Because Levine is a fucking hack

>there must be more to life

Is this the one where the enemy rode a bike on the ceiling and would cut your head off? God tier concept.

Canada has a glut of good 2d artists.

hmmmm

Would have been a cool boss.

no, they will just add in a bunch of random elemental shit that belongs in a fantasy game.

it really suck as well, I would love to see this sort of shit in motion as a game, and wouldn't doubt other people would want something like this

well really the key point is that the protag is a straight up killer, it feels just like silent hill but pointedly more abstract. they would have to put a good twist on it to not make the plot .super obvious.

The original Bioshock concept was set in a modern-day / near future underwater lab. It would've been inhabited with a science cult whose goal was to splice their genes with animal ones to the point where they can live underwater.
The game's two main gameplay features would've been permanent self-modifications and manipulating environment. Temperature, humidity and air oxygen content would've had an impact on gameplay.

That boss looks out of place in the dark souls universe.

Because it's unfinished.

I'm sure given time they would have made it fit.

Damn, this looks like a game that could've been really interesting to play.

>that giant butthole
>female head

GEEZ I WONDER WHY IT WAS SCRAPPED FOR AMERIFATS

Would you deny little mermaid girls an education? You monster.

Looks like something taken right out of the Mist. Bravo Naughty Dog.

devs are fags anyways

They give pic related's hat to an NPC and recolored it, now the Charred Set is hatless, it was going to be the de-facto set for the protagonist. Imagine if they gave the Elite Knight Helmet to some chucklefuck, it hurts.

That thing looks amazing, any notes on how it would have behaved in game, would have been perfect in the university when Joel goes into the dorms.

very good

The capeless version of this and Eileen's coat are so goddamn good.

We may end up seeing similar or even identical designs in actual games. Jodorowsky's Dune was also an unrealistic idea built on enthusiasm and a shitload of its concepts leaked in a a lot of successful movies.

What game was this concept for?

I actually want to kill that thing. I'm a little sad they left it out.

The Last of 4 Dead Rising 2.

There were a lot of cut colossi
Like a bird that was supposed to chase you around the whole map but
>PS2 didn't have enough RAM to support it
>Would've been redundant with the other flying colossus

And then there was the bigass spider with leg physics that made PS2s shit themselves.

>sacrum
>in your ass

>Cocyx
>up your butt

There is a skeleton in all of us just waiting to pop out.

Someone post that ridiculous two man mecha suit from MGS.

>we'll never get a Demon's Souls remaster/remake that adds in the sixth archstone

No user, we're trapped inside the skeleton.

>remake gets made
>the archstone is dlc

The sixth archstone was basically Giant land, and I'm pretty sure it served as the basis of Dark Souls 2.

what

The sixth archstone is Eleum Loyce m8

What a waste, lots of great possibilities. But yeah the game ended being godly anyway.

The sixths archstone was planned to lead to the Northern land of giants. In Dark Souls 2 the Giants invaded from the lands of the North.

They took the concept of the sixths archstone and applied it to the plot of Dark Souls 2.

Interested.

Looks more like something taken right out of "the Thing". The big lump of grotesque body horror shit with the wormy tendrils extending outward is straight up out of the thing, like when it's caught in the middle of assimilating the dog pen.

Damn shame, sounded really original.

>we got a bunch of inbred hillbillies instead of this

>HL2 was going to have actual enemy variety
fucking valve

You didn't read it did you?

I mean... realistically you could make it a one time enemy anyway.

That's why the enemy should be designed standalone in it's combat form and only have it jump-scare the first time you see it.

The rest of the game it's just another enemy.

Or it could literally just be an enemy that shows up once in the game, I actually like it when games do shit like that.

>most of the concept art for the Bioshock series is nightmare fuel on par with System Shock
>the actual game enemies end up as basically just deranged humans

Levine needs to be shot into the sun.

does it count if the whole game was cancelled?

I'd fucking kill to see a horror game where every enemy is unique and dangerous.
You'd have to figure out each one before taking it down for good, maybe researching how to banish a monster or discovering/experimenting with procedures to dispose of a body so it'd stay dead.

Found it.

>In Dark Souls 2 the Giants invaded from the lands of the North.
Nah, all we get is from "across the sea" which is clearly west.

Wouldn't be that stupid if pilot had some protection.

stupid.

Holy shit, why couldn't they just put him in a normal little cockpit?

You can definitely tell from the announcement trailer and early gameplay theyve shown, like elizabeth being an older 1800s woman

please don't ever say anything related to that game is great

>FUCK FUCK FUCK
>Chill out Ivan, I cant hit them when youre moving so much

I want a fridge-horror zombie game that has monsters like this with a gruesomely detailed observable life cycle.

>how do you want your cockpit senpai
>just shoot my shit up

She didn't look that much older. Elizabeth in-game is 20, and in her first appearance she looked 25 tops

>2 person
>second person serves no purpose other than to give enemies something to shoot at that isnt the pilot
Those handles dont even do anything

What if the second person it´s just a decoy?

And people still thinks that Kojimbo isn't a hack after this.

cut
content

Is this chapter 3?

Wait, guys, I think the guy on top is supposed to be the pilot while the guy strapped to the front is the gunner.

Also, now I have to rewatch Fury Road.

>'person' in front is just a decoy
>wormhole behind it
>sends enemies fire back at them
>the stronger the response the stronger the mech appears to be

A WEPUN TO SURPRISE METAL GEAR

Yoji Shinkawa designs the mechs.

It's a concept for MGO3 made by american artist.

Das it mane, i had enough of his shit. This shows Kojimbo went nuts after MGS3.

You're acting like kojima sits there drawing these himself.

literally ;_;

Ive always have a very very keen interests in leather, real leather.

>Urban Dead
Oh man, that brings back memories.
I was lucky to witness Channel 4 News Team's glorious crusades way back in the day. I joined up with a radio station to interview folks at sieges. Shit, Burgundy himself must have been dead for almost a decade by now. I'd pay good money to go back to the glory days.
Are there still people playing?

Hell, I'd bet I can still speak pretty decent zamgrh.
Humans were harmanz, right?

A similar idea worked pretty well in Left 4 Dead, but largely due to the way the game is set up. Even after your first surprise, witches remain a threat. Sometimes they can't be avoided because of hallways/corridors, and even when you're able to avoid them there's always the chance a teammate either doesn't know or accidentally startles it.

So I guess the point is that the enemy can't only exist as a jump-scare, but as something you're afraid to activate and may not have 100% control on triggering.

>Not, "Russian armour"

Shut the fuck up user, everyone knows skeles don't real

>Ivan, do you want a riot shield or something in front of you at least?
>Nyet, Sergei. Just shoot enemy bullet with gun. Will be fine.

>infantry protection

;_;

Wait that dude from the reveal wasn't even introduced into the game? Jesus Christ DS2 was a mess.

Say thanks to Naruto

They're just headless in the game

>Jesus Christ DS2 was a mess.

indeed

Oh shi, Charles Xavier confirmed for umvc4

W-what is this

Scythe suited his design much better than guns.

cut content from Dark Souls 2 that's still in the map data

Yeah. It does. And it's even more heartbreaking.

>tfw you open an image, and then quickly check the url to make sure it isn't a gif.

I wonder if this is where the Onyx WEAPON under the Midgar Marshes horseshit story started.

So the gutter was designed to be like burg? Fuck, man...

So instead of this we got the ugly ass Spitter bitch?

>You're afraid something might have moved when you adverted your eyes for that fraction of a second, so you check again.

Awesome idea, but let me guess the twist: he's a mass murderer because he has seen everyone as a monster even before the game

that's the stupidest thing I've ever seen
looks like something i'd have scribbled in 7th grade

To think that what we got in the end were a bunch of floating boxes in a pitch black cave with some pillars of literal shit...

The early FFX shit before it was even FF is really creepy.

looks more like an early design for Ruby

>The early FFX shit before it was even FF

uh more info?

>undead king Ja Rule

FFX started life as an unrelated project the art director was working on, that eventually got modified into the core design for FFX.

>tfw an entire game's worth of designs are trashed

>A fucking lobster
What the hell were they thinking while making DS2?

You got garbage taste

Forgotten about me already Cred Forums?

>tfw sega lets you remaster a game, but doesn't let you add even more content

Ideally I think his design should have just been a Turks suit and him using guns, and the scythe and his cape/reaper/claw thing be one of his limit forms.

Looks like scrapped art for Stranger's Wrath

>it's ok when Miyazaki does it

>All this shit and more will be in Mania

>That stoner Auron

It still hurts

Delete this.

DELETE THIS

4 years later and I'm still mad

is that an organic jehuty
where would he have been featured

What if you introduce the enemy and later in the game you design a similar situation in which the subject actually is a wounded person or whatever.

fish swim in schools, user

Close. It's the Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot, which was the next game Oddworld was planning to make after Stranger's Wrath

We didn't get any real info on the setting, although I personally believe this is what metatron based frame would look like that hadn't been built, but "grown", maybe following on from Jehuty regrowing itself after self destructing at the end of 2.

Cry-On

They're just trying to help you not become a blob you know

>can fire cannon without hands
>need hand to control speed

youtube.com/watch?v=ydy_HY37pWY

It hurts.

LIES

youtube.com/watch?v=mBR3CcJslC4

;_;

Antler sisters cute.
Pretty nomo-san cute too.

The sandworm thing makes me sad.

I wanted to fight it

It gave way to the other form of Gargantuan.

That is a shit design for Jehuty

youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI

>Legacy of Kain: FUCK YOU Edition

I'm glad this never came out.

MOAR LIKE THIS PLZ

I recently replayed HL2 - what a piece of bland and boring shit. And then I remember reading Raising The Bar and got angry and sentimental about what could have been.
>HERP DERP the hydra had no other purpose than just be there in that one part of the game
So was the tentacle in Half-Life 1's Blast Pit. In fact HL1 lived through such unique encounters.
Whoever decided to cut all that awesome stuff and redesign the entire game into Reddit's shitball should get pancreatic cancer.

Bioshock 1, I think

Their Bloodbug art was pretty cool

This is how I feel about HL1 after playing Unreal and Quake 2.

Thanks for sucking the life out of the FPS genre. Fuck HL.

You could probably see this done by multiple teams, but there's no reason for them to take a risk and pick a concept up

the fuck is the story behind that pic

that kind of shit was still in the game, but never in such a bizarre form as the OP. They were the huge fungal growths coming out of dead bodies that released spores into the air. With some of them you can barely recognize the original body

Not really a twist if you know that he's a mass murderer.
Maybe some Silent Hill shit where the monsters are a reflection of your past, feelings or murder victims

That is a human. Those legs are little fungal growths.

jap porn

>"well it's not that scar-"
>its hands are people
holy fuck that thing would've been fucking HUEG wouldn't it?

AAAAAAAH
I'M STILL MAD

A bottle of Vodka for those we couldn't save

Gives me King's Field 2 vibes.
>Disembark upon a beach with a ruined fort looming over it
>turn a corner and get instakilled by hostile sea life

what the fuck is that image?

>tfw I fucking loved Too Human
>It got slated for punishing people for dying
>"why do I have to watch this shameful sequence for 20 seconds every time I die instead of just being resurrected on the spot with no punishment"
>years later the exact same people are hailing Dark Souls for the same thing

HL2 cut fucking everything interesting.
In the end you had a game with roughly 5 different enemies and a couple of variants with recycled animations and slightly different attacks.

your moms birthday party

J U S T
U
S
T

Nah it still had those gunships, those are fucking cool

Weren't most of the monsters in the Zone fairly normal looking? Just fucked up versions of dogs, people, etc.

So would this mean the Zone is even more radiated or something?

Actually, the first concept for Bioshock was an old Nazi WW2 bunker filled with biological experiments.

The only enemy in the entire game that legit fucking terrifies me. The art direction is one of the true high points of F4

>there will never be a stalker 2

>They will never remake the game for current generation and add back all the colossi that were cut beacuse of tech limitations.

I imagine the monsters were bland due to engine/money limitations
If they had a better engine, they would have made spooky monsters, I think

>Castlevania 1999 was cancelled for fucking Lords of Shadow
>Julius will NEVER get his game
>You will never see the strongest Belmont in his prime

>But because our firing and reloading animations needed to be shared with the standard laser set, this design was based on the same overall positioning for the animation touch points.
>AKA, "We were too fucking lazy to make differing fucking firing and reloading animations for what could have been unique weaponry that would show off how advanced the Institute was."

Brave Todd, bravo.

Gunships were scripted to hell in the end, and not in many different scenarios.
You had the boat chase, and a couple other bits where you've gotta curve the rocket into them which is neat the first time and kinda boring the second. There's always a conveniently placed ammo crate, there's little in the way of other enemies or environmental complications, and it's a wasted concept overall.
They never use the mines outside of the boat bit either, if I'm remembering right. You could do some interesting stuff by forcing the player (as well as any enemies) to duck into cover during bombing runs.

Because Levine wanted to fuck his Mary Sue Daughter.

No, the only normal looking mutants are blind dogs, boars and crows. Everything else was heavily mutated beyond recgonition (Fleshes are supposed to be pigs) or something that was once human. Seems like the closer you are to human genetics, the more fucked up you mutate

Fleshes and Pseudogiants are fucking horrifying, man.

>designed with recycling animations in mind
BRAVO
E
T
H
E
S
D
A

Looks like Alien Soldier

Aren't there some pretty rare weird rat-things, too?

>Gunships were scripted to hell in the end
What? Every enemy is "scripted"

Gunships are the most dynamic enemy in the game, much more reactive than human(ish) enemies

>In the end you had a game with roughly 5 different enemies
le zombee xDDD
le headcrapz xDDD
le 1984 police xDDD

I don't even consider ant-lions and barnacles as enemies because YOU are the one who is stirring up their natural habitat.
Oh yeah, I forgot the 3 or 4 gunships in the entire game.
Half-Life 2 was the New Man's Sky of its time - overhyped, underdelivered shit that everyone fell for.

If there's one thing the Bioshock series had, it's absolutely incredible concept art.
You can definitely tell there was a clash of visions in the background, and apparently Ken "the hack" Levine won out and took all the credit.

>those needles on triggers

would not pull/10

That's from Bioshock 2 and the design was actually used.

Mosquitos already have the discomfort factor of something wanting your blood, giant Mosquitos trying to drink out of you like a soda is what gets to me.

And then there's all that buzzing,

SSSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Is that thing wearing a person?

Not just that but it was like easily 3 times as big in terms of areas.

You had the upper gutter, which didn't really change, the layout of the shantytown is virtually identical to what was in the final game. The lower levels you descend to in were cut though, and it went down even further, through a path through a massive heap of garbage and rubble (the reason for the area being called the gutter, besides the fact that the entire zone is in a giant. man made culvert) where you would fight a boss in an overturned belltower, with a fall hazard right in the middle of it to make things interesing, you could fall through the ceiling.

then after that, you go into more sewage tunnels, and there is a network of ant tunnels off to a side (which is probably where the big butt queen ant that's in the final Gutter was meant to be). And then you make your way down to the lowest levels and find what appears to be the throne of want, or some early version of it

Gutter really got gutted. Other interesting things found in those ripped map files:

>Iron Keep went through a ton of iterations before settling on the lackluster thing we got in the final game, one concept shows what is probably meant to be Brume Tower from the DLC sitting in the lake of lava you fight OIK in during the final game, another iteration shows a large weapon forge with tons of machinery and even storage for the oversized weapons, which also seems to have gotten rolled into the Brume Tower DLC areas in a way.

>ratfag covenant zone was much much bigger and connected to multiple other zones, also the hole to get there wasn't originally in majula or was in a different location

there;s more I'm probably forgetting but man a lot of shit got cut from it and it's a wonder Tanimura managed to salvage anything from that mess

S-shut up! Skeletons don't exist.

Project zomboid does that. Too bad the devs work as slow as the average zombie.

Antlions didn't show up until the episodes, if I remember right.

No, they're in base HL2. You get the antlion bait and fuck up the prison.

They just don't interact with much. I guess it's the nature of what they are, but they generally stick to set flightpaths and only shoot you or your rockets. During the boat chase they do cool stuff like trying to drop mines in your path or suddenly puking out a million mines to change it up, but that's the only time they do it.

Why is the art for ZoE so damn amazing

>Can aim up & down normally
>needs to rotate whole upper body to aim left & right

Nah, you used them in Nova Prospect, which was supposed to be horror incarnate but looked tamer than every Russian prison in comparison.

but everyone actually liked it, speak for yourself you mong.

I actually thought it was concept art for the thing when I saw the thumb. I wish I played it on ps2. Tlou was definitely not that kind of horror when it released though.

I just noticed that.
That's completely fucking retarded.
Then again, these are the same folks who made the pipe weaponry and the "assault rifle"

Oh snap!

>there;s more I'm probably forgetting

IIRC Things Betwixt once started with you facing a dragon which would chase you to the firekeepers (or something like that), Earthen Peak's windmills were once supposed to be fans that blew away poisonous fog in Harvest Valley and you actually DID once go downwards to Iron Keep instead of whatever the fuck happened in the final game.

Inspired by Penitent Engine I presume.

>Castlevania 1999 was cancelled
Castlevania 1999 never existed in the first place.

That excuse was pretty shit considering they had a enemy that worked similar in HL1 and/or they could use sound clues

Funny how a hentai game actually did the concept of horrifying plant zombies, \ trying to literally rape you, quite well with some of the later bosses being pretty horrifying mutants

Good news that its not cancelled and is in fact getting more content for free later this year or starting next year

I don't know why they have triggers designed for human fingers at all anyway. Why would it not just have some sort of crazy trigger that only a syth could use.

>we purposely trained him wrong as a joke

>Soma good ending.

And what game is it?

I think the idea is that synths can use it like a USB jack and anything biological stupid enough to use them will get the bacteria injected into them through the needle.

>take away legs, put on inferior movement capabilities.
>leave vulnerable organs unarmored

Yeah, that a terrible design.

sourjelly.com/anthophobia

You can just grab the demo for free, it has more content then most h-games and even some indie game

>it's a wonder Tanimura managed to salvage anything from that mess

I really wonder how the design and development process for that game really went.
Looking Glass Knight for example was one of the first things shown and yet he's in probably the most unfinished and unpolished area of the game.

Ok, thanks a bunch.

Nah, you were always intended to go up to Iron keep, but the zone that was in between Earthen Peak and Iron Keep was cut. It was where you would have seen those masked guys, it features in the tgs trailer as a volcanic plain.

You can even see evidence of a different elevator configuration by looking up in the elevator room at the entrance to Iron Keep.

underrated post

The first director was unproven and way too fucking ambitious, a recipe for disaster.

Tanimura worked on King's Field 4 iirc, so he already had experience with how From did things and how not to go completely whole hog. It's also why DS2 really loves to reference King's Field.

Yissss, this would have been the best.
mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Forge_(town)

>The Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot

true sadness

delete this

Oh god don't remind me user, all the cut content from Dragons Dogma makes me wish for the heat death of the universe

>Crippled hospital

Not only they weren't normal looking but it was explictly stated the mutants are not a result of radiation.

Jeff goldblum's final form

severely underrated

And now you see here I'm a half-man, half-bug talking to myself... and that's chaos theory

I want another King's Field. The time is right, dammit.

Any cut deus ex content?

Never forget.

>it was explictly stated the mutants are not a result of radiation
Where?

Anyone else notice that the music for majula shares a couple motifs with the song we heard in that first trailer?

There was gonna be a sequel called invisible war

>filename

>Tfw the one with the sickass mouth on it's arm got cut

i'm still mad

This looks like fucking Blighttown
Thank god it was cut

>this was probably the worst abortion irrational made

yeah up until they made Bioshock Infinite

I like the tentacle one the most. Gives him the broken pipe vibe where everything is flushing out and you can just imagine what the remaining human parts still inside look like.

This guy looks so boring, goddamn. Good thing they scrapped him.

I laff'd

I actually bought the Bioshock 2 special edition and still have the artbook it came with somewhere. It's fascinating, I loved reading it. Had all sorts of tidbits on models, levels, cut concepts and stuff.

Wasn't this game somehow related to Drakengard?

And instead we got Blighttown reduced to the bare necessities and no eyecandy.

Yea I have that too, with the vinyl soundtrack and all.

So that's what the Gutter looks like without the shroud of darkness? Huh... How about that.

WHERE IS IT?!!?

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LoS games aren't that bad. MoF should've been a metroidvania game, though.

Always thought it daft that would even be squeezed in as a feature next to raids and shit

I always knew Gutter was shit but it looks even worse with all the artificial darkness taken out.

I wonder what Tomb of the Giants looks like without it

Re-read what you just replied to me with, you illiterate fuck.

Some of it is just heavily mutated wild life, the rest are experiments.

Pretty sure the psuedogiants, blood suckers, chimeras, burers and pltergeists are all from experiments that escaped from the secret labs after the second Chernobyl explosion.

Yeah, 'cause of that bloke wot died innit

That fucking pillar is such a mess. Even worse that you can clearly see it in game.

It was set in ancient Egypt or some shit.

Why did you do this to me.

The texture for the pillars is fucking whack.

Did anyone ever figure out what that "wheel" actually was?
Upon closer inspection it seems to be some sort of cart or wheelchair and apparently it was taken out in the SotfS version along with the Heineken label.

>Seasons Greetings

>MeatShield.png

youtu.be/WIAqs5auQV8
Also
youtu.be/1l67ChP1qFk

Yo Mancubus really shaped up after the diet

What wheel and Heineken label?

>they were working on a town to surpas towers
>it was scrapped
god dammit

youtu.be/IxWQbcc1jFo?t=1m2s

The wheel in the texture that appears above the cow skeleton and on the right side above the large piece of meat.
As for the Heineken label, that one appeared in the acid texture of those statues in the Grave of Saints.

Isnt drangleic on an island/its own continent?

So much stuff was cut from DaS1 it's not funny. Originally Sen's Fortress was gonna be like that too, and instead of getting carried by those imp guys you'd actually continue up the mountainside again past the Iron Golem through more trap fortresses until you'd climbed all the way to Anor Londo yourself. Then Anor Londo and everything after was unfinished and only about a third to half of what was originally envisioned, with the areas that ended up being finished for the DLC cut entirely.

What is adaptive camouflage ? Definitely couldn't have infinite variations but you could get away with it a moret than a few times.

I can't help but feel that even the first part of the game wasn't properly finished, either, with the most obvious thing being the Capra Demon which in that area felt like a last minute inclusion due to the lack of build-up, a cutscene or any room to "embrace" the fight - things that every other boss has.
Also the dogs in his room respawn even after killing him, leading one to believe that they never were part of his (or any) bossfight at all.

I always wondered why charred had no hat. Fucking djura cant do anything right

What is going on here?

Stuff like this seems so much creepier when it has that pink-white fleshiness to it.

Time and money's a bitch. A sequel really needs to be made already, damn it.

I read somewhere that they wanted the land of the giants to start off with a castle in the snow (this is still partially in the game, people have hacked it in and there's footage of the unfinished geography) and then the second level was to be a pitch black cave. After that level you'd come outside to a glorious golden city bathed in the sun hidden amongst the blizzard raging in the first level. They reused these ideas for Tomb of the Giants and Anor Londo in Dark souls 1.

AH YES, as if Halo needed any more bullet sponges.

They were but as standard enemies with almost no lore and they didn't have heads. And their mask was redesigned after a supposed copyright scuffle since their masks were too similar to a Naruto character or something.

All of DaS2 was meant to be like that but it got gutted HARD by Namco giving them a short deadline out of nowhere. Though to be fair development on DaS2 started in 2011 so I don't know why From expected Namco to let them pull a Kojima and spend a decade making their dream game. Also the PS3 and 360 held DaS2 back a lot. Imagine DaS2 but all the areas were the size of DaS3 areas and as well designed, but as interconnected as DaS1. There's a reason it didn't work out in the end.

entire area is scrapped from the game and yet it's still shown in a ton of cutscenes.

I don't remember where I read this but apparently you fought demons in Zone of the Enders 3.

hey bud can you delete this please

Anyone else remember that the original HL2 release box used a shitload of cut content? This is the closest example I could find online, jewel case.

It's almost like they were afraid of showing what they actually had.

all of the reall destiny is basically one big unused concept art folder

the game that we got has almost nothing to do with the first vision

Guess who would have made Doom?

These are painful

Its pretty obvious that they had to make it more simple for the sake of the 3D modeling

I love concept art like this, it sums up the laziness of devs every time.

What Shadow Warrior initially looked like:

STOP USING THE INTERNET, SKELETON!

is this some ancient chinese secret?

Lewd?

I wish they used this instead of the other bird colossus. Looks way cooler.

That's pretty much all there in one shape or another. If they were "hiding" anything it seems it was only what was inside was better.

Is that a precursor to Jhin?

>Free T-shirt
>XL size only

Reminder that Bethesda is one of the laziest developers out there.

Looks like doom 3. Im glad we got what we got

>Bethesda is one of the laziest developers out there.

I'm legit buying artbooks for bethesda games just to laugh at how shitted up concepts and sometimes the highpolies get.

Is that Chaos?

Seems like fur/scalie garbage, glad it got canned.

>Looks like doom 3

Because some of the stuff on the image is only a few years younger than Doom 3.
The screenshot with the Khnum was specifically made to recreate this early bullshot from D3.

How the hell has noone posted any Alice yet?

>Beteshda has people who make all those god tier concepts and concept art
>It's all wasted beacuse rest of the company is too fucking lazy to do anything with it
Literally a company with best idea guys you can find suffering beacuse of one of the worst video game companies.
I really wish they would all quit and find a better place where they would be appraciated.

I'm hoping I don't spoil you, but if you're asking you may not have played the games so here goes.
The Zone is all kinds of fucked up, it's not just radiation and shit that causes mutations it's also the Noosphere and it's influence on the zones fear and general fucked environment. Literally nightmare fuel.

Yeah. Deadeye if I recall correctly

clit head

they're probably all under a two year non-compete clause or some bullshit like that

>We could have had a proper american Godzilla
>Instead we got a shitty CGI marine iguana and Matthew Brodrick

never understood why the survivors made such a big deal about having a jockey on them.
Just sit down, problem solved

If you mean American Mcgee's Alice then I am quite curious myself.
Could anyone post it?

>Impling
Always fun when people misstake pre-dev planning (simple ideas) for set things that were always planned to be in the game or some shit

>Used to be black
Kek

a classic piece of cut content

No fucking shit it looks worse.

>those duty guys that got trapped in some sort of limbo anomaly
>all the shit in the labs
>the stories you pick up from random PDAs in SoC
I agree with the zone being nightmare fuel.

Lazy in a clever way with that particular example.

that son of a bitch ruined inspector gadget, too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFvyPxnygI

gotta appeal to every demographic :^)

>ruined

The artbook has some impressive stuff.

If anyone hasn't seen the DD Design Works, I'd recommend it.

More like why would they want to leave? Minimal work, modders do the rest, people buy game for the mods, rake in the cash. Dignity has a price and the concept artists at Bethesda know that every price every time they see their paycheck.

>Large image for game hype at convention
>LOL Y U GUZ ACT LIKE IT WUD BE IN THE GAM LOL DUM FGTS

ITS
BETTER
THAN
NOTHING

HE
HEHEHE

>game looks worse without shaders

whoda thunk

>Just sit down while being attacked by a horde of zombies

top left was the "get your free TVs!"

but then they'd take forever to make it, just look at Last Guardian.

that's not always the case though, is it? there are plenty of times when i've been jockey'd on my own, with no zombies in sight, only for the jockey to slowly ride me further and further away, or in some cases, a nearby ledge. Sit down, i'm fine.

Are the Alice games any good?
Did American McGee find his sister?

Actually Bethesda just has one of the best work enviroments evidently. As long as you aren't a complete shitter you basically get a lifelong position with them.
Which is one of the big reasons their games have gotten progressively shittier. It's pretty much filled with old farts that are too unwilling to learn new engines and programming techniques.

1 is alright, Madness Returns looks great but the combat can get repetitive.
The artbook is made of broken dreams and not enough funding.

Finally found my stuff from it

>"We actually were going to do a downloadable L4D2 expansion pack, where you'd fight in the Cabin world, but then MGM went bankrupt so the delay squashed it," Goddard writes. "But the people at Valve were still cool enough to let us use some of their monsters to fill the cubes in the background (I had a lot of cubes to fill)."

>"By the way – the game was gonna be amazing. You were gonna be able to play in both the upstairs Cabin in the Woods world and the downstairs "facility" world with all the monsters. Believe me, I HATE all video games based on movies, they always suck, but porting Cabin into Left For Dead felt like the right fit. It pains me that it didn't happen."

Are we doing this now?

God damn, the Bioshock 2 artbook is choke full of that

>pages and pages of unique masked splicers
>underwater monsters
>all the unused big daddy variants
Such a shame

Holy shit
Being a lion warrior would have been bad ass.

If I was a billionaire I'd fund every game Oddworld Inc. wants to make. You cant deny their shit is incredibly comfy and entertaining.

Holy fuck, that would have been amazing.

Because the campaigns are supposed to play like movies.

>the last three faces are in wrong order

every time

I just visited their page. This guys are retarded, they have zero idea how the industry works.

>every fungus zombie looses the top of their head to the infection first
>this ONE design has the female head intact to remind the player that it is a girl bending over and presenting her asshole so no-homo
The patriarchy is real.

Why are they wrong?

>Praisin aint easy
Every time.

You can't even begin to list the amount of things EA cut from Madness Returns.
I mean. Fucking boss battles were cut from the game, can you see how that might be a problem?
EA ruins everything it touches, but they went the extra mile with Alice.

This
At one moment they are doinseemingly nothing, in the next some of them spottet a bird and all are loosing their shit while you are scavanging, forcing you to stay at the place or get horribly fucked if you decide to move out (depends on your sneaking skill check).
Buckets full of cum

if they were kids would've that been less scary?

youtu.be/DKs6k_rB95Q
youtu.be/JA9c01YsEFM
youtu.be/EeEXAyYY0-s

It wasn't "The Land of the Giants", but the Northern Limits - a snowy mountain and fortress area north of The Nexus. It was populated with Beast Men.

Pardon the mobile tier video links.

Madness is a fucking beautiful game. Problem I had with it was that the combat felt somewhat repetitive and the game seemed to really drag on. Other wise I really recommend a play through.

>howcouldthishappentome.jpg

last guardian is literally vaporware the game

have they even made a new release date yet

>Well! What is it!

I never understood why it should look like that instead of more in tune with the setting while still being scifi.

I aknowledge your work and think that it looks amusing

Those are in FarCry

A zombie game with impossible odds is what i want. Single bite, minimal survival elements, and basic board up a home or just keep on running.

Son, that's Leo from Red Earth. BBI even has an item that is a reference to him

And no fucking special zombies!

Holy shit. Its like HR Geiger and early Stephen King had their minds have some sort of drugs and alcohol then had a one night stand. I wouldve preordered this shit.

What game

Serious Harambe

Capcom art books are always fun
proper scans of Illustrations 3 when?

This is honestly underrated.

No game, it's some third worlder's art.

They didn't fit into Levine's socio-politic plot

What the fuck Giger has to do with it? Jesus, you're some kind of horror-normie.

Master Plantemonium

Game needed bosses like this but that would be too "videogame".

Oh god the things that Infinite lost.

youtube.com/watch?v=btA07qRZR4Q

I really wish I could sit down with that entire development team and find out what exactly went on over the course of development.

I assume what happened is the same thing that happens with every ambitious game, which is that it was just too ambitious.

Like you hear about the early concepts for the first Bioshock where there was that entire system for changing the atmosphere of the areas to fit your play style. Increase the oxygen or other gases would make your fire plasmid more effective and so on.

I also remember a teleportation plasmid they had planned as well but it never came to fruition.

Need hug.
May dddaay.

Shady jap porn that went well past what was legally allowed, the point of outright rape in a lot of cases. I think it was all Yakuza-run.

The original Half Life 2

Both of these are honestly clever.

All of that stuff looks fucking fantastic, and nothing in those games even comes close to matching the art used here.

Like, what the fuck happened? Why is it so common for concept art to be way cooler than the finished product?

There are some art for the game that is just way beyond me to understand it.

Looks actually pretty goddamn interesting.

But that tram example is just smart and efficient, what else would you have them do?

Is this Dishonored art? Because that's an almost exact copy of a level in Knife of Dunwall.

Half Life 1 is better than Quake 2 for sure. Q1 and Unreal are both superior though.

I enjoy HL2 a lot but you're not wrong. The limited and boring guns, the uninteresting shooting mechanics, the nonstop human enemies that get thrown at you, the limited as fuck aliens you encounter. Almost nothing interesting combine related until you get to the Hunters in Episode 2.

imo this one looks WAY better than the rumbler in the game

It was not about ambition but about lack of focus aka Ken Levine, it's well known the fucker scrapped the whole game a couple times, the result pales in comparison to the previous tittles and there are signs of cut content everywhere.
The key, sword and scroll stuff gets dropped 1 hour into the game, it was probably very important since it replaced the iconic 451 code.
There is only 1 part where you need a plasmid to advance the plot
There is no explanation as to why there are plasmids in Columbia 40 years before their invention
No Songbird bossfight
The numerous plotholes may also be result of this
Fuck, after reading this thread it looks like previous Bioshock tittles were going to be more akin to System Shock in terms of design. My hate for Ken Levine is growing stronger.

Say what you like about The Witcher 3, but to me it felt like one of those games which had all the content thed developers wanted to put in - up until the last 5 minutes of the story, perhaps.

Shit! They have us surrounded!

That art behind him with the shotgun seems like they were trying to go with a SS2 Mutant feel

are you maybe confusing with scrotum?

That's some fucked up anatomy.

thread is on autosage now

Anyone up for another round?