He's right, you know

He's right, you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn't.
I don't pay for games that cost more than 20$.

twitter threads should be auto-ban on Cred Forums
you don't really have any content to start a thread.

Now fuck off.

okie dokie OP

one of those games took a massive team of developers and probably hundreds of thousands of manhours

anything jonathan blow makes can be made for Newgrounds and released for free.

god damn it hiro you were supposed to save Cred Forums to save Cred Forums not leave us in a mire of shit

$20 is usually the magic number for me. Even something like Furi, which I thought looked great, didn't seem like enough for me to justify $25 for.

This

Puzzle games have literally no replay value unless there custom content like Portal, I can play most FPS over and over whether online or not, most action games in fact. I pirated the witness and dropped about 3 hours in, I dont think I made a mistake not buying it.

Yeah it's usually around the £20 mark for me, so few vidya is worth spending more on and that is shrinking as the years go by.

they're both right.

Because there is no reason to touch the puzzle game after you finish it once meanwhile in shooting games you could spend hundreds of hours improving your performance and getting challenged online and hell even offline.

Who pays 40 for a game these days?

Just wait a week or two and buy at half price.

That's not a bad response

More like Jonathan blow it out your ass?

Same here. I only ever pay more than that if it's a game I was looking forward and I want to support the developers.

$20 back when this game was made is now $40 now with inflation

It's an incredibly bad response you dumb cuck

Pic related, a $60 game where you "pretend to shoot guys"

That's how much you'd pay for a Professor Layton game and those are worth the price

You switch to another puzzle game and keep improving

36 and some change to be exact.

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

I pay $0 for all games.

Spending money on vidya is retarded, the only games ive actually bought in the last year I think are
>Overwatch
>Subnautica
>MGSV
>Furi

I'd muc rather spend my dollops on figures which is equally as retarded but at least tangible.

>paying $40 for an ipad game masquerading as a quality ps4 exlcusive

le twidder screenshots what did he mean by this

The person he responded to never implied he did that, though.

Let's be real: None of us actually bought it at full price.

Game prices were the same back then as they are now. The only major difference is that game companies make up the cost by releasing fuckton of DLC and abusing microtransactions.

>spending money on games is retarded
>proceeds to spend money on shit vidya anyway

Kek

A lot of people did

Obviously not me, I worked my way from Old Blood

>why would I pay $40 for a puzzle game
>cuz then you can buy another puzzle game lol

>Because there is no reason to touch the puzzle game after you finish it once

Depends on what kind of "puzzle game" it is. Tetris is a puzzle game and I've put hundreds of hours into various versions of it. If it's something like a logic game where you'll know the answer forever after you figure it out then you're right.

This.

>I don't pay for games
>lists the games he payed for

Nigga you dumb

>"All I am doing is pressing buttons and my life has no meaning."

Yeah I meant The Witness style of puzzle game only. Problem solving type of puzzle games can be replayable too because you can come up with more efficient solutions.

Exactly, the only game I completely don't regret was Furi. I went in totally blind as to what it was about and was completely blown away.
Nothing about that game disappointed me, so much in fact that After I had torrented And beat it, I then proceeded to buy it.

Overwatch is just infuriating
MGSV was incomplete
Subnautica is terriblly optimized

And back then companies sell DLC as full priced titles

>Game prices were the same back then as they are now.
Wrong

Woooooow

What matters most is what the market is willing to pay. If most people say they're not going to pay $40 for a puzzle game, maybe you shouldn't sell your puzzle game for $40. Because it's gonna have a hard time selling.

oh shit I know butch deloria
met him in a f u r r y irc channel
:3

>Wrong

underage

More like Jonathan Blowjobs.

You're right, game prices were the same... and, adjusted for inflation, that 20 dollars now equals 40 dollars.

But even so, you earn nearly twice as much now than you would have then as well (depending on where you live it's either more or less) which evens it out.

That's not even why it's a bad response.

It's fuck terrible because one guy said "That shit is over priced", to which (I have no idea but it seems like he jb made some shit puuzzle game?)the creator responds "But FPSs are just pretending tobshoot people"

Which isn't even a contextually appropriate response. Fuck

Fuck this whole thread.
Cred Forums is so terrible lately

Damn, 20$ is really good price point. Dun mind 30$ if got extra contents , i mean really EXTRA contents.

Hiro I would appreciate you not pretending like you want to make Cred Forums better when threads like this are allowed.

i have never seen someone get genuinely called out. this post is underrated

Samefag and you can clearly see a $69.99 which is more than todays and a lot more adjusted with inflation

69.99 is not the standard today and back then the dollar had more value so that was more expensive than today, also there were some games, maybe it was just retailer though, that cost nearly 90$, iirc that's how much i paid for chrono trigger when it came out

fpbp

Jonathan Blow is esentially Jack Thompson if he decided to make his own games

Someone post his tweet where he compares the deadliest shooting in US history to Battlefield 1

You're forgetting to adjust the real pricetag of vidya by adding in the amount of DLC for a completed game which would adjust in a total of $90-$120+

With season passes, games cost $80-100 at launch these days if you actually want everything that's part of the game.

And even then season passes are so jewish they don't always include everything.

>anything jonathan blow makes can be made for Newgrounds and released for free.
Then how come people don't do it? Show me a newgrounds game equivalent to the witness.

I don't even like the witness, you're just retarded.

Exactly.