ITT Literal 10/10s

ITT Literal 10/10s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SeAAi7jWOl8
kotaku.com/indie-boss-battler-furi-is-the-wrong-kind-of-hard-1783130485
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that third bosses patterns are too much for me man...

first two bosses I got on my first shot, this guys just wreking me over and over again

The Line is ez as shit.

Wait until you get to The Burst or The Edge, if you think Furi mode is hard Furier is going to make tender love to your split open asshole.

The Line's last phase on Furier is pure bullshit

The Line is definitely a casual filter. It eases up for the next few bosses until the 7th
which phase are you having trouble on?

the first phase is self explanatory, the second and third ones are the ones fucking me up, memorising all the patterns, then getting that stop time parry, then fighting him around all those frozen projectiles fucks me up

>Think the game is great
>Reach the last couple bosses and they suck
So close

Line isn't even that much harder on Furier

>mfw The Scale's final attack on Furier

Post Favorite Ost

youtube.com/watch?v=SeAAi7jWOl8

Is there new stuff added on Furier?
Someone told me that they just gave the bosses more health.

every boss has new patterns, moves or amplified attacks in some way.

Their health and damage values are unchanged.

Neat, definitely going to try it out.

>you can actually stay with the song
>its the good ending

try shooting the bullets while they're first spreading to clear some space before he stops time. Always listen for the sound cue for the parry.
also just a tip that took me way too long to figure out my first time but the dodge has a charge to it so it activates when you release the button and not when you press it in case you feel your timing has been off

>parry the grid projectiles
>dodging the walls becomes easy

Actually they have less health, but more combos and added moves per phase.

And regarding that song
I literally started tearing up when Rider got to the surface. The symbolism from his name and what he was doing and what everyone was saying finally all connected and it hit me like a truck out of nowhere.

Seeing the ground and buildings literally decay and die around you was powerful shit.

Oh I was thinking of Make This Right, my bad.

Honestly I think this game is almost 10/10, but the star was so shit. I pressed square, saw I had no sword and shut the game off. Everything til then was so good.

I think The Edge is a great duel. The one after him, can't remember her name, is really just there for plot purposes. I kind of thought of her the same way I thought of the King Allant fight in Demon's Souls. I think the Star is a dope fight but gives way too much exposition for a game that seemed to be all in with the minimal/vague story telling. I also didn't like being in that stupid mech because it looked like some bionicle bullshit

>Believing the lies
A prison is a prison

I'd say the endings are

Assimilation - Bad
The Song - Neutral
Rejection - Good

The Song's ending is only considered good if you've already beaten the game

I fucking hated the Star fight
The game's best when it's you fighting a dude 1v1 with you both going all over the place, not fighting a big damage sponge whose only difficulty is knowing where to stand

The Beat was good because it's the only fight that lets you truly see who you are before you discover the truth.

Her begging for her and the planet's life and barely fighting back was something I nearly missed because I had been treating her like a normal fight. It wasn't until I stopped fighting that I noticed how much Rider overpowered her.

>implying the sword portions arent the worst part of the game to begin with

>Implying Edge wasn't the tightest shit

Are you saying The Hand and The Edge aren't the best bosses?

The Hand is cool thematically but the fight is pretty underwhelming. The game is at its best when there's a lot going on on the screen and you zipping around in the thick of it all

The hand is pretty easy, but he's cool as shit. I legit wish he was harder. Like his whole fight should have been like his desperation attack.

This game is a fucking masterpiece, although the difficulty spike at The Burst and The Star are jarring as all hell.

I ordered the soundtrack from Bandcamp back at the beginning of August when it was still in stock, and I'm mad as fuck because they emailed me at the beginning of this month to say "whoops, we sold out! Sorry! Now you have to wait TEN FUCKING WEEKS for us to finish the second pressing!"

I'm not cancelling my order because I wanna support the devs and the musicians, but goddamn. God damn.

Does anyone else feel like The Chain is actually one of the best fights in the game? Sure, he's just the tutorial boss, but everything about him is so great.
>that perfect introduction to the game's mechanics
>that perfect escalation in his moveset as he starts getting his ass kicked
>that perfect misdirection where the first boss is a sadistic torturer to make you believe you're an unfairly imprisoned good guy
>that perfect fucking Danger 6.24

How do you guys know all the boss names? I've beaten it five times and don't know shit.

>that feeling when I thought the hour and a half speed run achievement sounded impossible and I got it on my first try

Furier is something else though. Fucking Sony locked me out of the game when my Ps+ subscription ended and I can't decide whether I should just buy it or resubscribe. There's a few other decent games but Furi is by far the best they've had in a long time.

They're listed in the trophy names and the practice mode menu.

I also got the 1:30 achievement on my first try, but I literally beat it by a single minute.

The Scale completely fucked up my run. I'm convinced the fact his stage music is so low key throws me off, I feel like it's easier to perform well in this game when the music is fucking pumping.

I was amazed that I beat The Star as quickly as I did though.

How do yall get past the straps final attack part on furier mode? I can get to it completely untouched but the constant waves and accelerated laser beam always fuck me up

Yeah but I haven't done practice and I guess I'm just too stupid to remember their arbitrary names. The Chain, The Strap, and The Burst make sense but the others don't really.

Charge your dashes and try to dodge diagonally through where the beam and the rings intersect.

Which boss gave you the most trouble, Cred Forums? For me it was The Burst
>get to the last phase barely taking any damage
>lose all of my lives before getting the chance to hit her
In general the bullet hell segments were the hardest, but hers especially so

I can breeze tbrough every single stage prior, its just the purple projectiles wittle down my HP and theres just too much shit on the screen, I get impatient and die.

Havent really played much of the others but I did beat The Edge on furier. Last bit threw me off a little.

The Burst and The Star, both for pretty much the exact same reason.

The Star's leap in difficulty is justifiable, but fuck me, The Burst just comes out of fucking nowhere.

You're Mine is a fucking banger of a tune though.

The Burst and The Song. The same thing happened to me twice during The Song. I was so amazed when I just dashed past her final attacks and slapped her shit with one stroke. Felt good.

Maybe I just need to practice more with the charged dodging, I have a hard time judging the distance it's going to cover so I end up hitting something anyways

Beat was annoying as fuck because I kept falling into the god damn pits.

I was stuck on her last pattern for two days but after I got gud she is by far the best fight in the game for me.

Burst because I sucked shit at parrying

Star because of those fucking lasers and that last fucking segment.

I wanna be an architect

The last portion of his fight is a visual fucking delight.

>That undulating pulse syncing up with the beat
I could masturbate to that.

>that spam segment at the end of The Star

I'm dying to see what it's like on Furier mode considering the first damn boss' final was basically a copy of that final Star attack

I could tolerate slow walking but the combat was just so boring. Especially the tedious amount of health bars for bosses. Yawn.

I'm going to be doing acid for the first time tomorrow and I've chosen this OST to listen to, in order, when I begin to peak.

Wish me luck.

Danger is the best composer on the soundtrack.

Objective fact.

you found ball grinding difficulty boring?

The Beat was best girl though. Cute voice.

>Please stop...!
>No more...please..
>Spare them...I'm begging you
Yeah pretty cute

To kill

>Found source
>the art actually sucks

Disappointing.

>that fucking soundtrack
Godtier.

I know, man. I find myself booting the game up just to take a crack at him again, the entire fight is just pure fuckin magic.

Skyrim

I recommend re subscribing, and get the year-long one

There going to raise the price for PS+ on the 22nd this month

This was meant for this guy

Oh I thought they already raised it. Fuuuuck I guess I probably will then. It's just money.

Think of it this way: a month from now, you won't miss that money at all.

>Decide to preorder the Vinyl second pressing
>Eh, why not add the poster too
>Click order
> I wonder how big the poster is
>23x33"
OH BABY

I'm still mad as fuck. I should have a first pressing of it by now, I'm always gonna know I got a second pressing and it'll be marked as such.

Fucking false stock listings. Fucking anal collector mentality.

I was expecting the story to be deliberately vague just for the sake of style but man was I not expecting that ending.

I doubt it'll be marked, that wouldn't make any sense.

Nowhere does it say there's gunna be a difference between the two.

Is she right Cred Forums?

kotaku.com/indie-boss-battler-furi-is-the-wrong-kind-of-hard-1783130485

Good luck

>the-wrong-kind-of-hard

the writer was horny when she wrote it

>Yawn.

That's actually how I justify purchases like this. Just a little less beer and dining out and I won't even notice the difference.

No. She's too fucking sensitive about sucking at video games. The game never mocks you holy shit. You're just a nancy. She can't figure out the dashes ("oh no it has a delay" no it doesn't) and can't time her parries because they are "too quick." She complains about being "forced" to hide from The Strap when that's not how you're supposed to fight that boss at all.

She did make me want to check out Hyper Light Drifter though.

>Hiding from The Line
Oh my god, she's retarded.

Why is Carpenter Brut so fucking good for aggressive games? I can't get enough of You're Mine

The Edge had me fucked up because of his last phase for a long ass time. Best boss though. Musashi ass faggot with his oar.

Same here. He mercilessly wrecked me my first time around but by my third playthrough I managed to get my "defeat a boss without being hit" achievement from him. Felt insanely good. You can beat him in less than two minutes if you git gud.

furi was not even that good and sure as shit not worth $25
only bosses I died more than once on were the samurai guy and the "secret" boss, and furier mode was only a slight increase in difficulty
the walking parts were a fucking joke and also unskippable even on repeated playthroughs
I mean it was kind of fun I guess but shit this game is really overrated

will there be anymore of the vinyls for sale soon? just got a new job and the moment i finally have extra cash, its all sold out. mad as hell.

best voice actor too

>"You're gonna get down on your knees and BEG me to lock you up when I'm done with you"

I went from dying 0 times up until the Song, to dying about 7 times to her on normal, but 3 of those times were because I didnt fucking hit her in the last phase I thought I just had to wait it out or something

I then proceeded to die only once to Burst, so it's weird seeing who struggles with which boss

The Line and The Scale collectively took me fucking 30 or more tries on Furier though, goddamn but what fucking horseshit that was

He sounds glorious in both French and Japanese too.

I thought him and The Song were by far the worst voice actors. Maybe Hand too.

>You're hurting me so much! Will you stop at nothing?

Favorite line of the whole game.

>The Edge's japanese VA
I like how much calmer he was

I find it strange how the VA for The Song does the voice for The Star in all three dubs.

It suggests there's some kind of significance.

I downloaded this game and stopped at the beam boss on 1 wheel

The 3rd phase where she does the lone across the whole map always got me

After seeing this thread I wanna go and beat the game now, how do I get last that last phase?

Dodge through it.

If you can anticipate it, try holding down the dodge button and releasing it after it's charged for a further dodge. That'll help you a lot.