How do we make ninjas cool again?

how do we make ninjas cool again?

Pray that Nioh sells really well so publishers are prepared to at least consider funding decent samurai and ninja games again.

When did they stop being cool?

BIGGER TITTIES

>No Joe Musashi

REEEEEE

THIS

what made the Shinobi games so good?

They're not ninjas they're fags.

Real ninjas are like Tenchui and shit.

The platforming and the 'balanced' difficulty. Also the Ninjutsu moves and the fact you go up against Batman, Spiderman, The Terminator and Godzilla.

They're past their prime and now apparently occupy the same position that western games do - publishers think they have very limited appeal.

>there will never be another Tenchu game
>Yaiba killed Ninja Gaiden for good

>Shinobi

God I fucking love this game

samurai games will be around for as long as samurai warriors gets made, but I'd really like to play some more way of the samurai.

Naruto happend

>>Yaiba killed Ninja Gaiden for good

what a fucking abominable way to end a franchise

Ninjas died the day scientists announced they had feathers

When they started looking like fuccbois designed by numale Japs and weebs.

>Designed by Japanese
>Weebs

Young teenagers and preteens think ninjas are cool, and are the only ones who think ninjas are cool.

This is how it's always been and always will be.

This is the best ninja based game ever made, prove me wrong.

Pro tip: LOL

Make another Shinobi game
Have Itakagi make another Ninja Gaiden game
Take Natsu out of that picture and put Taki in it
There's plenty of ways

Modern ninja. Also, ninjas don't only use swords. In reality, they'd use any weapon they can.

Jesus, From, you couldn't have composed a better cover art?

>No Rikimaru or Ayane or even Rin
>natsu instead of Taki

That makes so much sense.

It's actually way better than review scores will ever give it credit for. It looks like shit and it obviously wasn't exactly made with an AAA budget but if you got three friends to play with you and were running over the rooftops, grappling hooking and stealth killing all over the map together it was ridiculous fun

I know, it needs more blue and orange. Also the ninja needs to look directly at the camera.

I wish they put all that character customization effort into actual missions instead.

My main gripe with this game was that out of 50 stages, there were only like 10-15 unique areas between them. You ended up going to the same maps over and over again for different missions. Pretty damn lazy.

I really enjoyed the character customization though.

Solid 6 or 7/10.

Those are some good tits. What is this?

Can someone source me on this?

And not the Jim Carey movie you fuck.

I didn't mind the missions, and the customization was fucking great. I loved how much you could customize on your character, every piece of armor/clothing and sheaths as well could be customized.

Also all the accessories and what not, I know it's all pointless but it's fun to make your character look unique plus AESTHETICS.

Game of Thrones.

What was the context of that scene? Was she trying to seduce a guard in prison or some shit?

the actor's name is Jim Carey. James Eugene "Jim" Carrey is a Canadian American actor, comedian, impressionist, screenwriter, and producer. He is known for his highly energetic slapstick performances

Ibuki does count?

The ninjas in that picture are all in Project X Zone 2

As opposed to what? Stage hands that move backgrounds in kabuki theater?

>reading comprehension
>Genji is made by a Jap

The artist is named Arnold Tsang.

Are female ninja the sluttiest creatures known to man?

Can't. Definition of ninja is titty monsters with combat ability now. Can you even name a ninja game released in the last 3 years that's bigger than senran?

Why is Kage showing off so hard?

No. Too cute

seecapcom can't just shove whatever characters they want into their game
bet they would love to do that, but they can't

Naruto isn't even about ninjas. It's just DBZ 2.0.

I heard the game was bad but at least the girl is cute.

He's just keeping up on his training.

He has to let people know that Virtua Fighter is the best video game series there is

Maybe more focus on technique and functionality over having girly girls and boys, that look like they spend more time styling their hair than training, do absolutely nothing but pose.

Done.

Goddamnit, I just want Goemon to come back so badly.

>gotta keep watch
>protect my shogun
>maybe i'll get a sweet house or rice patty
>mm rice
>oh shit gaijin
>is that a riceball?
>fuck someone just left it on the ground
>probably dirty
>fuckin hungry tho
>nomf
>HRRNK

>WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!
>...is that a riceball?

Less focus on the character behind the ninja.

Isn't that the disgaea like game with like 100 characters mash up?

reddit, the show

In fairness historically kunoichi were known for dressing like prostitutes and killing people with poison/a knife when they're asleep. Women aren't as good in physical combat because due to hormone growth differences, when you compare a man and a woman who are the exact same height, weight, and age, the man is 3 times stronger than the woman.

Revenge of shinobi remake, batman and all

Joe musashi bitches

He's deader than Shinobi.

Nah there is a male prisoner on the other side and shes taunting him

Season 5 episode 7

The Japanese Day One edition of Nioh comes with a DLC code for a unique armour set that's a tie-in to that Samurai Warriors spinoff coming out later this year. Presumably it'll be 1:1 to how it is in SW.

this needs to happen. i will pay good money for it.

And here's how it looks IRL.

Way of the samurai 1 was the best of the series. Way of the samurai 2 was also pretty good. I didn't play 3 but 4 was horrible. So mad that the quests were so hard to find. Also trying to just kill everyone and just non stop highway men come and when you leave no one is hostile anymore.

Remember when the virtua fighter champ tried his hand at street fighter

And won evo?

>natsu

Didn't really care kind of hated her but SC is so fucking dead is sad.

Who is the absolute best video game ninja, Cred Forums?

Ryu Hayabusa.

No one else comes close in his power level.

What were ninjas like, historically?

Fucking Konami

Even tiny ass birds can kill ryu

Spies and assassins that wore plan clothes and blended in plain sight pretending to be workers or craftsmen.

They did use special tools to carry out missions, but the black pajamas were just for kabuki stagehands, not spec ops.

I agree.

Though in complete honesty, I also really like Ibuki, because she's a barefoot qt, and Raiden a whole lot too.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are alright as well.

People that spied or killed for money

Are there/ will there ever be any realistic ninja games? I'm talking heavy on stealth and assassination, and capabilities within actual human limits. If you take on more than one, maybe two enemies at a time, you're fucked. No jumping 40 feet into the air like a goon. Realistic weapon play.
Strategic decision-making.

Historical/cultural and aesthetic fidelity with a compelling story would be nice too. None of this bastatdized pop-culture ninja bullshit.

*plain

Cute!

the only one that kind of came close was the first Tenchu. It still had some supernatural bullshit but otherwise it felt spot-on.

It almost sounds like Assassin's Creed got that feel down.

They're called stealth games.

You make a good ninja game, preferably where the ninjas are not just wizards that throw kunais. That's about it.

That's a genre. If you wanted a game about the Vietnam War, I wouldn't say "just check out first person shooters."

Here's the real answer.

Ninja's never stopped being cool.
But cool became less of a valuable commodity. It is, for some reason, not a thing people care about as much right now.

'Cool' is playing this hellish second fiddle to 'Important' which is another way of saying "Hrm. But is it progressive..? I gotta make sure this isn't problematic before I like it. I should consult my reverends."

Call me paranoid but this is what I've been seeing.

Also, the era of the ninja is gone. We got a shit ton of ninja games in the 80's because ninjas were huge back then. You couldn't walk five feet without seeing a movie about ninjas or some such thing.

There are some exceptions, but ninja generally are regulated to fighting games as an archetype.

Most ninjas in vidya nowadays either go completely crazy with the concept or are just meant as tongue-in-cheek homages.

>numale
>Japs
Come on, I know running terms you made up into the ground so they no longer carry any meaning is a thing here but give it a break!

Duh nuh duh nuh nah nah nah

Agree. Also it will be too the "new generation" series of the time.

"You want a good girl but you need the bad pussy."

No lie she actually says this shit in the season finale. Bring her up in /got/ and someone will mention that shit.

Who is the black haired girl on the left in OP image?

what the fuck are you rambling about

Nightshade

to add to that, it was a PS2 game and is meant to be a sequel to PS2's Shinobi.

>pussy
It's pronounced poo-see in dorne
Show totally butchered that storyline for stronk independent women don't need no man bullshit and trying to force memes and shitty dialogue

Taimanin action game.

Thanks buddy.

>defeat the end boss
>lolno
>get mind broken by evil orge gang rape
>credits roll, thanks for playing, list of developers pets

Stop making them in to waifus

But Senran is a super sentai game.

Kage so good
squats for days

lmao

Japs afe getting more and effeminate.

Less Japs are playing sports
Less Japs are having sex with women
More Japs are becoming SJWs and protesting for foriegners
Less Japs are creating families
More Japs are living a waifucuck life and throwing their money at corporate created substitutes for girlfriends and wives
The Japanese economy is shitting the bed
Japan is going to have an economic martiage with Nigeria

Face it they're nu-males and most likeky bigger nu-males than the west.

Don't forget that more Japanese youngsters and teens are ditching school because of social pressure and bullying.

With the elaborate and intricate custom signature outfits?

Make people forget that MMA exists.

UFC made asian mysticism seem lame as fuck.

"ninjas" are like Japan's equivalent of America's "cowboys", i.e. they real thing was NOTHING like how they're portrayed in fiction

time for me to spread my autistic seed then

This is complete fucking bullshit.

Ninja aren't even real fighters. They kill you in your sleep or lay traps. They don't fight their targets face-to-face because if they did it meant the target will know someone(and the ninja might give them an idea who) is out to kill them.

But I like Natsu...

This. Stop with the Ninja "Warrior" meme.

Id like to see a game that is a cross between Metal Gear and Tenchu where you need to carefully think on what tools you are gonna need to accomplish a task and avoid fights cause your ass will be handed to you. Closest ninja game i ever played was Dishonered

From what I'd heard you'd just pay a farmer to shove a hoe into your Shogun's back in his sleep so you'd keep your hands clean.

Hence why Ninja tools are glorified gardening implements.

They also did a lot of poisoning and arson.

The modern DRESSED IN BLACK, INVISIBLE SUPER WARRIOR thing comes from Japanese theatre where the assassination actions of Ninja were represented by stagehands suddenly becoming part of the performance. Stage hands dressed in all black and were supposed to be ignored as "invisible" and not part of the scene, so when one would suddenly pull a knife and stab a character people would be like "Wow, the ninja appeared from nowhere!"

There were a ton of Ninja games back in the ps2 era. Maybe they will make a comeback in a few years.

Everyone shut the fuck up and post more Natsu