Why dont video games have that 'WOW' factor anymore?

Why dont video games have that 'WOW' factor anymore?

>Playing MGR Revengance
Eh, its just a poor-mans Bayonetta
>Playing Bloodborne
Eh, I've done this before in other souls games
>Playing MGSV
Eh, empty open world as expected
>Playing DX Mankind Divided
Eh, its just HR but with more augs

Do we just expect too much, or are video games cratively stagnate due to the increased cost of production?

Are those your best examples of this? I mean, there's far more recent and more high-profile games that have no entertaining or exciting moments in them.
At least MGR had ridiculously over-the-top boss sequences which rivaled everything in Bayonetta 1 and 2, fun, unique combos, and interesting traversal. Most cutscenes were a highlight, too. I mean, I felt the hype.
Bloodborne had its what-the-fuck moments with the scenery and settings, frightening monsters, bullshit traps, and the differences that come from gaining Insight. I'll give you that only a few bosses gave me that "HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I DO AGAINST THIS" feeling as opposed to MOST bosses in Dark/Demon's Souls.

You are jaded

If you're into 40k, just play the Ultimate Apocalypse mod.

That shits fucking crazy, I guarantee you will at the very least raise an eyebrow

pathetic umaruposter

>Yet another "I don't enjoy video games any more" thread

Get a job.

I didn't play the others but MD IS nothing but HR authors augs. It's the same buggy gameplay, the same fucked up balance, the same buggy AI, the same terrible ragdolls, the exact same mechanics, THE SAME FUCKING NOT GETTING SMOOTH OPERATOR EVEN THOUGH NOBODY SAW ME and so on.

So no, the problem doesn't lie in our expectations.

Give me (You), please.

Take a break for a while and see how you feel.
As an adult, you have to artifically enforce the restrictions of childhood to not get super burnt out really fast. I still wait until my Birthday and Christmas to buy frivolous things. Neither feel depressing to me at all.

We simply have played way too many videogames.
We have done everything several times over and over.
It is time to move to another hobby, shit sucks.

>play a game in a genre I've never explored before
>end up being dazzled by it since it's new and exciting to me

Go play some western games if you're a weeb.

Every say I am always trying to find a game that could interest me enough to stick with. I have no motivation to do anything though.
I just miss being addicted to vidya. Fuck depression

>352286423
heh...better luck next time, kiddo

Here

You expect too much.

That pic is so bullshit, but I am sure you just want a pity (You), so here (You) go.

MGR can barely hold a candle to Transformers. It's incredibly overrated on this site, because it was many posters first action game.

As a connoisseur of the genre, P* best to worst games are: Bayonetta > W101 > Vanquish > Bayonetta 2 > Mad World > Transformers > MGR > Korra > Anarchy Reigns > TMNT

And then if you were to compare these games to other games in the genre, only the first three hold up

Is that how a yandere replies to posts?

Thank you.

What do you mean? Nah I just love crashing the (You) economy :^)

Massive hype that goes to unrealistic levels that lead to disappoint in the end product. Its good to research something but if you do it to an extent with everything it might turn out to be those false illusions of what the game will be in your mind making the end product pale in comparison to what grand 10/10 you imagined.

This image wouldve meant something if it werent for the crying about going back to readit. Makes it obvious a crossposter made it.

Bayonetta doesn't have Rules of Nature. Your argument is invalid.

>Songs make a game
Get fucked

>tfw i got banned for akarin posting

Fuck you mods

Take a hint, your anigay shit is not welcome on a western board.

Mods are all fags.
Once they banned me for hating on weebs.

Bayonetta has good jazzy music and not shit tier Sawano wannabe songs only 13 year olds like

Congrats, you've discovered that modern gaming is garbage.

Go discover pre-1995 gaming, back when it was good. All of it, not just the "popular" stuff. Sure, there are bad games back then, but the good games are hundreds of times better than anything considered "good" today, and that's the difference.

>All of it was good
Ok here have the (You) you are craving for.

Fuck off umaruposter

Over saturation and overstimulation of your senses with choices, options, and variety, while at the same time pandering to every little autist and niche group demanding to be heard, represented and respected.

Dumb akariposter.

Ah, I'm actually playing through Transformers now.
...Well, I would be, if my computer was in proper shape. Maybe a RAM's corrupted... But the game's hella fun so far.
I'd put Bayo and Bayo 2 on the same level -- each one makes me want to play the other. I really miss Odette, Durga, and Sai-Fung.
I didn't think Anarchy Reigns was that good, either, but it had some interesting characters and music.
Haven't gotten around to Mad World yet. It's on my shelf.
Steering clear of Korra.
Why's TMNT bad? I've had my eye on it.

I don't think we expect too much at all.

It'd be impossible for me to articulate all of my thoughts here, so I'll just boil it down to what I think are the key factors;

Bloated game budgets are definitely a huge aspect - but what most companies fail to realize for some reason, is that that is all due to wildly bloated dev teams, which are a product of publishers pushing for faster and faster turnarounds.

Because of this, of course, devs and publishers want to play it safe and design by committee and focus group, and that leads to nearly everything being a stale, 'I've-seen-this-all-before' experience.

Real innovation is left to indie and mid-range studios, but indie games often look and play like shit, and don't have the resources to actually deliver what they envision, and mid-range studios die because they have little to no leeway to push a publisher for more money, and still have to play by the publisher's rule, and often make a game that's wholly neutered through no fault of their own, and don't have/can't secure funds to go onto the next project, much less have the freedom to make a much better product, despite often having the experience and talent to do so (unlike most indie devs).

So it's broad-strokes, but for the most part it's purely money (or in indie cases a lack of money AND talent - which could be purchased with money... so yeah), whether lack of it, or withholding of it by publishers who want every game to be the next Call of Duty or GTA, or otherwise be branded a flop.

Again, much more goes into it, but you can basically infer most of it through those general rules of thumb within the industry.

Bayonetta and MGR play completely different

Play Copy Kitty. Look forward to indie games. Ignore the mainstream.

>Look forward to indie games.

That would be great, if it weren't for the fact that it's only 1 in every 100, if that, that aren't utter garbage.

This tbf. OP is a dumb weebposter

Take a big fucking brake with videogames

Go check out Timespinner, MegaSphere, CrossCode, and Katana Zero.

Do you happen to be a neet ?
You haven't done this right

Best post of the thread.

I want to die.

>Why dont video games have that 'WOW' factor anymore?
You're not a kid anymore

Personally I still love games just as much as I did when I was a kid, mainly due to how, despite my bias towards jap games, I play all sorts of games from most genres and constantly find new games to love and look forward too. It helps to not be a jaded cunt like most of Cred Forums as well and to never let any opinions here affect your own

You want a reason to still care about videogames?

Go play Gravity Rush and Nier and wait for their respective sequels.