PC controller thread

Is it a good controller? Gonna get a new one for my PC and can't decide between this one and x360. I owned x360 gamepad before and it was pretty good, except for d-pad.
Wired model is what I'm looking at, tho I've heard xbone controllers are faulty.

Stick with the 360 controller. Yes, the D-Pad is worse, but everything else is better.

Is there any controller with a GOOD dpad?

Thanks, but can you elaborate further? Why is everything else better?

Sticks are too loose, bumpers can only be pressed on the outer edge, triggers have almost no resistance.
It just feels worse overall.

try playing helldivers with the 360 controller. What a disaster

>he bought a v1
lel

I did and didn't have any problems.

Nothing but the bumpers has changed

>he bought a v1
lel

>didn't have any problems.

then you need to play again on a harder difficulty

i have it and i had 360 sticks for years, but the stick in op pic is just better

For now I'm playing with my Dual Shock 4 on PC, I don't think I'll need to take another controler but I think I'll take the 360 as a 2nd player pad.

It's as good as the One, maybe even better, and it's cheaper.

I personally think all the Dualshock controllers have good D-Pads.

Keyboard

Yep. Wii U Pro controller does too, though it's a pain to use on a PC

SNES, Saturn did. As far as modern goes the only good d-pad is on the Vita, which is the GOAT d-pad.
All dualshocks have decent enough d-pads. They work if you have nothing better but I would never go as far as to say the are good.

We had a great debate about this last night and a lot of pros and cons were established:

One pros:
>fits better in your hard than ever
>the sticks are harder for your fingers to slip off
>the buttons are more distinct, even in the dark
>it's a little bigger than the 360
>much better dpad
>softer vibration

One cons:
>it's either wireless on batteries, or the least efficient wired controller in the world which disconnects if you breath at it wrong
>the light from the logo is surprisingly strong, to the point where it's almost distracting
>there's something undefinably odd about the shoulder buttons that make the R1 and L1 buttons a little hard to reach
>not as responsive as the 360, and won't register your input as fast

360 pros:
>made from the last remaining Nintendium, will stick with you for fucking years
>well wired, won't disconnect in any circumstance
>less light-offensive than the One
>slightly more responsive than the One as this feels like it was actually MADE to be wired

360 cons:
>slippery as fuck after a few hours of play, clearly not made to withstand hand-heat
>where you CAN disconnect the One by simply ripping the cord out of the controller, disconnecting your 360 controller requires you to go all the way to the USB port
>dpad isn't as good

If you have any specific questions the thread was quite in depth, so ask away.

Wii U controller has a good dpad

No. Well I mean the controller is good if it works correctly, the d-pad is barely passable and there is not a small chance that it will come with sticky buttons.
My first one came with the left d-pad and the Y button not registering unless you pressed them real hard (the next one came working correctly), I also know a lot of people who had the same issue day one. The issue is easily correctable, but americans being americans, they used "look-at-me-I'm-so-special" screws so they can be sure you probably don't have such a screwdriver lying around so had to buy one and wait to fix a gamepad myself which was more than 50 euros.
It also came with no cable which is another slap in the face.

Now before you gentlemen rush to shit on me, this is a gamepad made by one of the richest companies in the world who make hardware and software, they also represent it as the best thing to buy if you want a gamepad and such is its price. All this makes the sticky shit and the non-perfect d-pad inexcusable.

A buffalo controller for 12 bucks has a better d-pad than this.
It's a good controller but don't give more than 15, maybe 20 bucks for it.
I've also tried out a few chinese copies, they are worse, but not that much.

In the last years I´ve mainly used the DS4.
I love the layout and how it lies in your hands also the rumble feels better than the 360 / bone ones.

However, I´ve now switched to a xbone controller since the build quality of the ds4 pad is just so bad.

The rubber of the sticks of my first ds4 controller came of after a while, then I got the 20th anniversary edition one which has started acting up now. When I push the left stick up in the middle the signal twitches to the left and right which makes characters stop moving for a second.

Also while the ds4 controller has a nice form it felt so fragile. If you held it a lightle tighter the plastic would creak and bend a little. It just didn´t feel sturdy.

I´d love to continue using a ds4 pad but only if they fixed the build quality.

Here's something neat: if you apply PlastiDip to your 360 controller it becomes a lot less slippery.

>Playing helldivers with a pad

What a bunch of babies.

It feels great. Perfect weight, and I really like the button layout.
Sadly after putting about 200 hours on different Dark Souls games, the RB sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. Also the port for the wire is fucked up on mine just from regular use while having it plugged in. For some reason I have to keep it at a weird angle while it's charging for the controller to be recognized (but it still charges regardless).
Having gone from a 360 and DS3 pad, I would pay $50 for a new one if it totally shit itself.

I've never heard or had any of these issues and have 3 of the controllers from gen1 up to gen3.

What man doesn't have torx screw bits in their toolkit? They are superior to all other screw types with tension and striping.

It's designed for the Xbox of course it doesn't come with a cable, I understand a microusb cable is hard to come by but.

Might try that.

Is there a point to getting a DS4 adapter when DS4Windows exist?

>£19.99
pfffffffffffff

but no analog triggers