DS

How the fuck is anyone expected to run through this fucking swamp over and over just to beat this spider bitch? Even when I get there, I just get one hit KO'd by her bullshit AOE nuke, even with fire protection on all armor pieces, and using the black knight's sword. Also Dark Souls thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VUzHRBc2bQ
youtu.be/VFquLWXfgzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I even drew a map

Try thrusting

If you really suck that much make sure you're human and kill maneater mildred so you can summon her and use her as a distraction.

Stop being so bad at the game.

If you die to Quelaag more than once, it's entirely your own fault. All of her attacks have incredibly obvious telegraphs.

If you want to talk about Dark Souls, I'm pretty sure theres a general thread for it...

This is just shitposting but I'll play along.

Git gud faggot. Start by not locking on and look for visual cues that warn you about the bullshit AoE.

Git.
Fucking.
Gud.

That's not a fucking nuke you dork. Holy ass, do you have negative fire resistance? Are you a fucking Bulbasaur?

Get a weapon that can reliably hit her lady half

or grow up and stop making low quality bait threads

what happens if you hit the lady half?

The one time I played through this game I had the curse shit that made you have like half hp and I beat her. That's honestly all I vividly remember from the game.

>Drake Sword
>Homeward Bone - Firelink
>Go down into the back passage of blight town
>roll from the top of blight town
>land on a stick
>roll onto the water mill
>run due north to Quelaag
>beat her

Wow congrats within like 20 minutes of starting the game you have done it

conserve stamina.
Her AOE is magic.
Use light armor.
Attack her sides.
Ocassionally run away when there is too much lava.

It's not that difficult.

You go to jail

She gets stunned, with no "cooldown", so if your weapon reliably hits the lady half you can just keep her locked down

she staggers i think.

Drake sword does like 0 damage to quelaag

>20 minutes

youre all fucking liars

Are you playing some kind of hardcore mod that makes everything do 0 damage

You may be playing Bloodborne instead, check your game disc

This new thread opener is fucking retarded

Keep your autistic shit in your Monster fucker threads furfags.

With about 28 str or so, it does about 70 points of damage. Really not worth much. It's good for the bell gargoyles, but not for much past that.

Stay bad, el friendo

she's pretty easy actually
took me like 10 tries to learn her patterns, then i wrecked her shit without getting hit once
git gut

killed her in one try get good faggot

Can you honestly say you enjoyed crossing blighttown 10 times? Seriously, fuck that part of the game.

People use the Drake Sword?

You CAN kill her early on, but you either need the master key or be a Thief class,

Just fucking use gold pine resin on an axe or something if it's really that grievous shit man idk what kids these days do with their souls

In the same way that people are furries, yes.

You're the only one here talking about furries. Is this post-trolling?

There is a bonfire in the ground floor. Also you should try to find the Rusted iron ring. It helps a lot.

But why when just about any weapon you could get and upgrade a bit before Quelaag'd be a more suitable option?

good map

cause they don't know how stat scaling works and so they use weapons with the most flat damage values.

no.
it's objectively bullshit.
this game hates you and it hates fun
that's why i never finished it. have better things to do

Wrong game.

Spear +2

I know they have great reach, but they were just too low in damage for my liking.

Git. Gud.

nah, i'll just play a better game instead of wasting my time

I didn't mind blighttown that much, I didn't even use the rusted iron ring the first time either, getting back to Quelaag was about a minute or so run too, I only died two times before beating her but I had Mildred. I don't see why people hate the area so much, rusted iron ring and some moss makes it easy.

I literally did a no estus no shield or healing run last night in like 7 hours total and beat spiderwoman as the second boss.
>im bad at the game so the game must be bad.

So put some resin on it.

Does op not know how stat scaling works or something.

DaS isn't even that hard. it's just atypical for an ARPG (slow combat)

>Quelag was supposed to try to stop you from fighting her

youtube.com/watch?v=1VUzHRBc2bQ

Everytime a start a NEW game i go running down there naked to get all the items in the swamp. Git gud OP it's piss easy.

Walk across the right side of the swamp from Blighttowm. Takes like 15 seconds to cross.

1) git gud faget (upgrade your fuckin gear)
2)running to the spot doesn't take more than a minute or two
3)apart from the AOE shit if you stand right up against her between the spider head and the front leg she can't hurt you

It's just a ripoff of the spider from demon's souls with a naked whore glued on for marketing purposes

What? In DS1having curse halves your hp

>SL1 run
>still stuck at oreo and smores
i just can't do it. i've gotten one or two hits away from killing big smores and inevitably i fuck up a roll. i have a +10 battle axe, +14 pyro flame and fire orb, combustion, and the worse fire orb.

>when you remember pre-patch Lost Izalith

Some of the NPC stats are really interesting. Anastacia of Astora especially

Why not go get +14-15 if you are having that much trouble?

"My, that sure is some fine pyromancy you got there. Could you please tell me where you found it?"

Where does all her humanity go when she dies?

Hang on i need to use my dark hand. Also did i buy everything off you?

Dunno

>high Int
>only pyromancies.

marketing purposes? You think people will buy this game because of queelag? are you retarded

From Soft does it again.

the npc levels dont have any effect on being invaded by them right?

Hah.

no people will just see it has a topless whore and pay more attention to it. Why no put a topless whore on the gargoyle too? and turn all the skeletons into topless whores

Queelag and the iron golem are the only bosses I've never had trouble with.

Just go naked, with the biggest weapon you can and sit in her fucking legs. Back up when she goes to blow up, and get right back to it.

Can't use grant to it's full potential.

Yes

you had trouble with the asylum demon?

I'd never played a game with any sort of similar combat other than Oblivion before DaS.

Asylum demon kicked my ass. As did the hollow before it. But now I can speedrun the game in no time.

This is the one boss I have never ever had trouble with. Just watch her pattern user. she's simple as pie to damange without receiving any.

She's tricky on SL1 runs, because of her fire immunity, and all the good weapon upgrades are after her.

>Here's a list of problems
>All of these problems are completely solvable by what I know in the game
>But the difficulty of the mechanics is making me mess up and make it harder than it is
>I blame this on the game instead of myself

Git Gud

>mfw i went through the graveyard route at the start of the game, only to be stopped the skeletonwheels.

If my friend didn't find the undead burg on his playthrough i would've dropped the game.

The rest of the game right up until like O&S must have felt easy after making it to the bonewheels. I haven't done the catacombs legit since my first playthrough. I ledge jump every run.

What crossing? Hug the right Wall untill you get out of the swamp, turn left and go in the door. You have to kill like 2 firebugs, the trolls won't aggro. It will take you 45 seconds tops to get to her. The fuck kind of route are you taking?

Thought you meant the dying lowers your HP from DaS2 because I never get cursed in DaS1 since I skip the depths everytime.

>QUELANA
>HARD
OH
MY
FUCK

FUCK
I MEANT QUELAAG

JUST HUG HER FACE, SCUM

Wrong Waifu user.
Quelana is the blind one.

Just play the knight=ez life
Every Souls game has been a total breeze with the knight, literally no effort required

Fixed it for you user, let's not provide free advertising for 9gag 2.0

Ty kind PCanon. Google images a shit.

That's not how you spell Warrior.

Warrior has the best starting stats for mini-maxing any melee character ,whether it's a Str Dex or quality build.

How viable is archery in dark souls? Just started the souls games, I like archers and I've started an archer build, up to undead burg right now, but arrows seem really scarce

i once beat this at 10 fps on a shit laptop
you'll be fine

Isn't Quelana the non spider witch?

how viable? it isn't.

>stick to her right side
>light attack
>if she takes a bow run away
>kite her around the room so you don't get trapped by lava

it's viable, but you'll have a much harder time than someone with a sword

ranged weapons in the souls series are mostly used for pulling enemies away from a pack, not for actual combat

No. They're both spiders. Quelaana is stuck to the wall to keep blighttown from becoming even more rancid.

That's Quelaag's sister, Quelaana is the female pyromancer that spawns in Blighttown after certain conditions are met.

Quelana is the Pyromancer teacher.

The white spider is just called the Fair Lady.

It's mostly useful for cheesing enemies to death.
The archery mechanics are also pretty dogshit, with some armors blocking your view and the crosshair not really matching up with the way the arrow travels.

I was deluded all this time. It made sense in my mind that Quelaags sister would be Quelana.

Dark souls is a melee game. That being said you could beat the game using a dagger.

>refuse to use purple moss in case I need it for another part
>took several days and multiple attempts to clear blight town

kill the new londo mage guy and then grab the large ember upgrade

>b-but I am a good guy
Then go upgrade your weapon to fire +7
You will find fire chunks in asylum revisit and you find the large fire ember in demon ruins

I beat her in a few tries, All you need is just a decent weapon and learning her patterns which are easy as fuck. I had more problems getting into that damned swamp.

Can we all agree that Sanctuary Guardian and O&S first phase are the hardest bosses in Dark Souls?

Not

what does this have to do with the thread?

first phase is stupid easy for O&S, fuck that second phase. Even more so if you Slim last.

successor

but that's not Dark Souls.
nor does it have anything to do with Queelag.

they way from the closest bonfire is pretty short, you only have to kill 3 bugs and then run away from the fat guys

I dies 50 times to O&S, but not a single time to Sanctuary Guardian

Nioh looks nice, but the more attention you give to this guy the more he is going to keep posting. Same deal with the one dude posting Vindictus webms in MMO threads for the last 2 years.

not seeing Queelag in that pic.

This guy keeps shilling Nioh when people mention Soulsborne games or DMC type hack and slashes.

Have fun with O&S

If you do it properly you shouldn't be detected by the fat guys.

all i want to know is how is this guy up 24/7

what weapon were you using against the Sanctuary guardian? I found Artorias easier

The closest bonfire is extremely close.

Artorias definitely isn't easier in any of the playthroughs with any of the weapons I have used. Sanctuary guardian is pretty fast and often aggressive but its stats are just garbage so you can plow its asshole by the time you get to it.

It could be either paid or free shills.
The game does look nice, but spamming the same webms is getting annoying.

it's really not that hard

They're all sisters.

fine ill stop going in these threads from now on

i was using the Great scythe against Artorias. I think i used the baller swag sword against the Sanc guardian.

See? why can't you show off more new webms like this?

Holy shit Siegmeyer and Beatrice and stronk as fuck, those are higher SLs than most players will ever reach on their first playthroughs
>28 END
>while wielding a Zwei
But why tho

i have before , but that one specifically gave people headaches because of the smoke effect

Does anyone have Solaire's NPC stats?

pine
resin

Do you have weapon stance webm?

Sieglinde, not Siegmeyer. Notice the bastard sword.

SL 71 and it's time to take on Manus.

I'm going to get curbstomped, I just know it.

good luck.

no

what went wrong

Apparently he has a couple of stages.

>1 luck

this makes me sad.

Yeah but it made more sense that the spiders would share names.

youtu.be/VFquLWXfgzw

>Luck
>Magic
>Willpower
>those weird titles
What the fug

well thats horse shit. also:
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas, too many for an already short game
>the worst, newbie/scrub favoring invasion system yet
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>miyazaki dick suckers will ignore this massive list
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao

It's really not that hard, sprint through the water, run past all the shit

Instead of trying to "beat" the boss just to get past it, why don't you try to improve your skill at the game and just "hang out" in the boss room for a while and focus on observing the attacks and figuring out how to dodge them? Do it until its easy, then kill her with ease

Drangleic Castle:
> unimpressive throne room
> random mask room which is there just for the hell of it and is probably one of the most obvious traps ever
> room with acid-puking dragon statues on wheels
> random portrait room
> storage rooms here and there
> an empty room with a mirror in it that is hanging too high for normal humans but has doorways that are too low for the larger characters to walk through
> another single-seat throne room/audience room thing because well, you have to meet Nashandra SOMEWHERE, I guess
> treasury which has all the gold neatly shoved into the corners
> room with the Executioner Chariot horse running around because reasons
> elevator long with no safety measures that only leads to a tiny room with a caged women and a gimp-lock
> sideway exit that ends in a one-way two feet drop

Anor Londo:
> living rooms
> bed rooms
> small chapel
> small forge
> trophy room with dragon/wyvern/wyrm/whatever-they-are-called-at-the-moment heads for obvious reasons
> elevators of different sizes for humans and large characters
> painting of the PWoA has its own large room, making it look important and draws attention
> crypt below the main building

The real problem is his Faith.

Oh well, at least he plays the Master race quality build.

Solaire has no FAI stat because he cooped enough to join the Warriors of Sunlight early

Lightning spear requires 20 faith but NPCs are not required to meet the stats requirements, so there's that.

Guys I'm finding this game way too easy compared to what I've heard and after playing Bloodborne.
This game isn't that hard, or at least it's really easy to get around it's difficulty, you can easily outlevel certain areas and bosses on your first playthrough when don't know which way is the correct order.
I've been using Raw Zweihander +4, am I using an OP weapon? I'm 34 hours in and I'm up to the Tomb of the Giants, I no longer kindle bonfires.
This isn't to say I'm not enjoy the game though, I still think it's fantastic.

Too bad it's not undertale

OP here
Beat that bitch into oblivion, did it on my 4th try :)

Zweihänder felt like an "I win" button to me due to the fact that R2 simply smashes nearly everything into the ground.

Fastest way is from bonfire straight then turn right and just walk straight. You will get poison but it's not that bad. Heal and the go. Just be on her sides attack attack go away attack attack go away. Dragoncrest shield will help much

Having experience in BB probably helps, also the raw Zweihander is a great weapon, the game isn't actually that hard, a lot of the times I messed up was simply out of panic.

That looks more like a champagne bottle trying to penetrate a gaping asshole while being blocked by a Fuzzy from Super Mario World 2.

The Raw path is ultimately weaker than a standard path zwei. As long as you've distributed points properly..

How much of a fag do you feel like now?
"OP".

How do I tell whether a new weapon or armour piece is superior to my current one?

>summon that naked butcher chick
>roll away from the AOE while the boss focuses on the dark spirit
not so hard now, is it?

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquerors beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes f***ing Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind s***posts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it still says I'm not this guy . No, I'm a Conqueror.

I feel like I needed a random, yet concise topic that would get automatic replies to bump the thread to atleast 50 replies to discuss one of my favorite games, and knowing that Cred Forums loves to a) act like their the best and b) insult those who arent, knew capatlising on my only try to beat quelaag then complain about it would get me the attention I need to have a dark souls thread

it worked

An easier thread to make would have been.
>Dark souls is shit prove me wrong.
protip you cant
And then a random image of poor hitbox detection or poor FPS in a gif/webm.

We really are at this level of shit posting now aren't we

OP, how the fuck are you losing to this shit boss?

This is literally Cred Forums in a shellnut.

Gonna laugh when you get to Fatty and Beanpole...

.... Quelaag was a joke compared to these guys.

Yeah, five tries and five failures. I'm gonna take a break now.

Fucking wombo combo.

1. you need to be fastrolling

2. as soon as you see him rear himself up and hear him growl like a gorilla, start rolling directly backwards. his wombo combo has a very distinct tell once you start looking for it

kek