Disappointing final bosses

Oh boy I can't wait to see what those damn Nazis dug up!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=geyanyqPiWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What else were you expecting? Like actually.

The whole fucking game was disappointing

every zelda boss

Dying Light

Gwyn

And don't fucking tell me that he is so hard if you don't parry him.
I was hitting him with my zweihander, this pathetic excuse for the boss was not even able to get over his stagger and died like a bitch

what game

Honestly, some kind of Cthulhu type thing. Certainly not just a big golem. It was an alright fight I guess so I don't care too much.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

it's not even the final boss anymore with The Following
doesn't make it any less insulting though

Fable 2

Nothing even comes close.

I remember feeling bad when I fought that thing.

It was like fighting a blind person, in fact I think it was blind? Since it only reacted to sound and all that.

youtube.com/watch?v=geyanyqPiWA

Fable 1 too

I was expecting the game to be longer.

The DLC final boss just added tedium, nothing else.

But jack was shit too. Plot-wise especially

I thought fighting a dragon was cool

that said that was more than a decade ago

Jesus, are those just generic enemies or are they at least unique?

the lore surrounding the jack, queen and king of blades was cool, but they went literally nowhere with it

Majora

They are the same enemies you fight during the game.

>reload and choose the other path
>get the same fights either way

It was really stupid. Half-way of the game he just pops-out being evil and shit

Bioshock
Bamham

This is one of the worst bosses of all time.

Forgot pic.

>Wario Land 3
>Hidden figure betrays me
>Regains his true form
>"Hey kids it's me retardo the clown!"

What a terrible way to end a great game

Spess Mehreen's final boss was fucking abhorrent
>all that buildup
>have to kill his badass personal guards first
>fuck yeah time to kick this huge fucker's ass next, man this is gonna be epic
>nope have a shitty QTE instead
>uninstall and delete from hard drive
true story

Ayep.

I have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to finish the game off with a QTE boss.

Every form was annoying and I just kind of tanked through it until it died. Great game though. Quadraxis was the best boss.

Yawn.
Won't even post Aldia even though he's even worse.

Also I'm not counting the dark samus one after since it's the same as the other ones with a phazon absorption gimmick.

>Getting this triggered over a sparkly shooting gallery that only lasts a couple hours.

>true story
Felow 9gag army? xD

at least Aldy had amazing music

Yes

>Wurst boss coming through

He died before I realized this was the final boss.

Bane?

I actually liked the game save for the choices not mattering and the ending all in all being shitty. Sheesh BW has a history of ruining some great franchises.

That's the point retard
Demon's Souls did the same thing.

Nice meme

The fact I didn't even fight him.

Despite otherwise being enjoyable I played the entire game thinking I was still in the first trimester of the story only to find out that that was the end.

Much disappoint.

This whole thread is almost all western boss battles

just can't make this up

>willingly use the bad guy mask that makes you overpowered
>hurrr so disappointed

It's a more enjoyable fight using your other masks. Sure not the greatest, but that's any Zelda boss.

At least the boss fight had options. Compared to HR's final boss, it was a relief.

But yeah, I was rudely surprised when I saved the hostages after putting this bozo to sleep. I expected at least a few more missions or some encounters with the Illuminasty but instead it just ended.

That's just what it feels like.
Just like how armor threads are filled with "historians" posting not-vidya.

Yup, feels like they're just trying to sell DLC like every single company out nowadays.

nice spoiler.

How is a thread about final bosses going to be anything but spoilers?

the spoiler is in the filename
but the game is already 10 fucking years old

>The fact I didn't even fight him.
You're literally the type of cancer that caused the boss fights in HR. Do the planet a favour and end yourself.

This would have been disappointing had not the game been just as shit up to that point. Instead you can chalk this up to Most Insulting final boss.

What's worst is that they where hinting that the real ending would be dlc and you'd really fight Sauron then.
Turns out you do fight Sauron but in a fucking prequel

The most hilarious sit is the Sad_Song.mp3 that plays while you effortlessly fuck him up

Wow i sure care about this character with little to no set up, build up or development.

>can't help the Arishok
>can't fuck off and leave that shithole of a city

The final boss of Darksiders 2. I was actually surprised to see the credits roll.

This a hundred fucking times.
The whole game is basically a build up to this one single fight and they decided to make it entirely a QTE.

Pretty sure the sad part is realizing that linking the flame kills you, not that Gwyn died in the process.
AKA the realization you have been in a journey to an hero yourself.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOLEM

ALL THAT BUILDUP

ALL THAT ANGER

ALL THAT AMASSED ORCS

>SPACE SPACE SHIFT

LOL

The final boss on the train in gears of war. After shooting so much shit this guy was just nothing more than a goon with a bit more hp

A real shame, considering the main game final boss was great. I was looking forward to robot Hitler, but robot Deathshead was good enough.

A pity since they could've made him into a proper fight before the QTE segment. I mean the Ork warboss fight was decent.

I really like Nashandra's design.

Sauron literally comes out of fucking nowhere though because it's impossible for him to be there in the time the game is set in. You spend the whole game building the fucking army for 1 ONE generic fight that you have seen 100 fucking times and could do it by yourself with one had on your dick and THEN after that shitshow they have the gull to set one of the most boring literal who characters shit on the big bad of the base material AND you do it in a quick time event that is even lamer by quick time event standards. In one fell swoop they managed to shit in both Tolkien and video game fans mouths.

I liked Nashandra and the other two queens with their respective boss fights. The idea that Manus is everywhere for some reason genderbending himself trying hard to get into royal cock so he can get revenge fucking up everyone was one of the few things I honestly enjoyed about DAS2.
Fight wise she was hard enough for a "last" boss. (Given that she isn't as the DLCs were planned from the get go, making the Ivory King effectively the last boss in difficulty output, and I believe he lives up to it pretty well.)

Disappointment was brought to a whole nother level.

Super shitty. Samael should have been the final boss. It would have been cooler plot wise, plus it was a semi-challenging fight as far as Darksiders goes. Vigil screwed the pooch putting him second to last.

>I'm fucking invincible

No one infers that by that boss fight, i didn't even notice that he was a hallow the first time. No one can even make the link between linking the fire and him being hollow since you basically know nothing about him when you step in. Why would you not just assume that he went holow simply because of the passage of time, like everything else.

>the fight was so fucking boring and lame that I don't even find the design cool anymore
bravo

The final boss is the tank battle, which is actually pretty enjoyable. I'm just annoyed that you never get to pilot that weird tank that Huey builds for you. What was the point?

I agree. The Ivory King is easily one of my favorite bosses in Souls games.

>What was the point?

>You go to the KILN OF CINDERS
>Which is a giant crater
>In which you fight through waves of Black Knights
>Who you know are the knights that followed Gwyn and got incinerated by the linking of fire
>Which you know by reading their equipment descriptions like everything else in the game anyways
>You go to the center
>Gwyn is there, hollowed
>After linking the fire
>His title of King of Cinders

Well gee I wonder whattipy doopy dapdap

problem is, any boss after Rom feels too easy.

Perhaps the optional ones can get you like ebrietas, but Gehrman and Moon are too easy, not even counting Wetnurse since she was one of the easiest in the game.

The Giant with the Chain Balls in the Chalice has a more dangerous moveset than Wetnurse.

Cut/unfinished content.

>literally mental gymnastics

No one went "Oh em gee i am going to be incinerated once i win and touch that bonfire" after they went through that fog wall, NO ONE. Fuck i will even go as far as to say the majority of people did not even understood what happened in the Linking of the Fire end.

Okay then fampai. I am not sure what I can't do for you here, if you can't add the last linking of fire exploding a giant crater and making an army of burnt knights to "hey this might sting a little if I go through it", you might want to generalize less and go more on the "it was obscure enough I didn't catch it I guess" level.

You even fucked up the Knights lore. They got crisped when they went to fight chaos.

Face it, Gwyn fight was a failure on all fronts, gameplay and thematically. It wasn't until youutube fanfiction shit that people started to give two fucks about Gwyn.

It's not the same Sauron as the other Lord of the Rings works. Shadow of Morder takes place in an alternate universe.

Oh boy, kojima for sure ain't gonna let us down with this boss, it is gonna be epic

>far cry 3
you kill Vaas in the middle game in a altered state of mind.
i cant even remember the actual final boss cause i was really disappointed

Christ everything so far had referred to Gwyn. Gwyn's knights, Gwyn's lord soul shards, Gwyn's lightning, Gwyn's children gods, etc. Everything was about Gwyn, the fucking zeus god king that tried to extend his age of fire. When you get to him he's not in a castle or mount olympus, he's in an ash covered and corroded kiln, with ghosts and burnt knights.
Like you don't have to figure it out but don't pretend like there wasn't build up.

Fun fact: my brother reached Fontaine and couldn't kill him, so after a few attempts, he just watched the ending in Youtube because "I've already beaten the rest of the game, this is just he last boss fight".

desu contextually its a bit vague. how is he fake? is he not really the final boss? is he a robot?

I've played and beaten Disgaea 2 by the way. Just saying.

>shooting him with an indefinite amount of rockets
>margin of error non existent
>you die you start at exactly the same spot
>die probably 10-15 times throughout fight

Literally what the fuck is going on

That boss was cool as shit.

i know that feel
I always thought he faked his death and will come back again to fuck my shit up

That whole game is basically setting precedents:
-patriots basic information control
-self suggestion to take another person role
-nanomachines (parasites)
-PMC's
-etc.

That's literally not build up. Gwyn is just another name in the multitude of names that you learn in that game. The opening cinematic doesn't even set him apart form the other name drops, throughout the game you just learn of things related to him just as you do for everything else until halfway through the tooth fairy name drops him in a way that implies he is not a character in the game but something from the past.

Meh. I had more trouble with the Spider and the Tsar Runner.

on a similar note

You want to see Gwyn's trope done right then you play Dark Souls 2 and look at Vendrick. That's how you build up a character throughout the corse of the game and then pull the rug from under the player's feet.

>man this guy is kind of a shitlord
>after dlc jesus christ the guy literally did nothing wrong

still a lousy final boss though

In fairness it's intended to be fought directly after Gherman. If you deliberatly die and restock your vials, bullets and prep for the fight you have no reason to complain about it being easy.

iirc, they were a unique variation of an enemy you fight throughout the game (i.e. they has a slightly different skin or something).

I beat Dead Island and I still had to reverse Google that picture to know what you were talking about. That's a sign of a shitty final boss right there.

To be fair, wasn't that fight designed by a guy who hated boss fight to begin with?

>can't die
>release is a bad thing
AKA the premise.

That's the one that summon another boss right?

No, that's actually a good boss.

Elana is utter garbage as well.

No it doesn't faggot, the devs were incredibly vocal about it being set in the Canon universe. Whether or not the game is considered canon remains to be seen but even then it still doesn't explain or justify Sauron being in it

This sounds stupid.

I agree with you, brother.
I basically just stabbed my way in a direction until I hit a wall and then stabbed my way back.

It's a bug

No, it's a feature.

Well, it fits the good old wolfenstein theme.
Every boss RTCW on has been ass.

Instead of making a creative boss battle with Batman vs Joker, they just made Batman fight Joker-Bane. And you don't even fight him. Just kill bunch of redshirt goons three times, until Joker's healthbar goes to zero

FFFFRRRREEEEEEEMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Are you implying the fight against Heinrich I wasn't dope?

We all know this was the real final boss

>disc stopped working for me whenever i would try and go to sin
>had to wait to borrow a friend's copy
>do every sidequest i am willing to do
>murder every boss in sin with 1mp flare and holy

Silent Hill 2

>lol its Marie in a cage spitting at you such feels

Demons' souls was the fucking worst in this regard

Just some slug in the mud, give me a break

Delete your shitpost.

Meant to post this

>whole point of the game is REVENGE to the point where you can fuck most of albion's life just to get rid of this asshole
>the whole game hype you for years on how he made a powerful army and built a tool able to surprass the powers of gods
>dies in one shot
Still mad to this day

Jack was shit, but he has the merit to move like us and use the same kind of magic we have, it gave the feeling he used to be a hero like us and get close to him by getting his sword.

this is true

back in the day it had blown my mind
i spent fuck knows how log being teleported around, having to platform my way out only to be send somewhere else
half life 1 was much more impressive at the time, but its fun even today

i for one loved xen, a fitting end to such an awesome game

bordlerlands 1

you could show me this picture with no prior knowledge of what the game was and I'd assume it was World of Warcraft

It was funny until it became true

How good is this game? I haven't played that many TPS games but from what I've heard it's one of the best?

You know, the worst part is that either in the base game or in The Following you can't co-op the final mission. I played the base game from the beggining with one of my friends and after many many hours you are basically told to go fuck yourselfs, you can only play the final mission alone. A few months later we fired up the expansion.. played trough it and got the same shit again at the end. I'm so done with this game.

I mean granted, Serious Sam has never done bosses particularly well but at least Ugh Zan III was an impressive spectacle, being several buildings tall. Mordekai was just a faggot who zipped around and summoned enemies, he didn't even attack you

Honestly, the final boss fight of MGS3.
It just seemed so tryhard with the sappy music and countdown which was impossible to lose to because of how easy it was.
Take on top of that, that The Boss was a pretty weak character overall which didn't help it any...

Updated with relevant pic

this is bait

It's a generic cover shooter with a squad commands via microphone gimmick.

The only disappointment here is you, Jack

FPS games for the most part.

Of course there are some exceptions (like pic related, I enjoyed it a lot more than the original Spider Mastermind) but usually it's just a buffed up version of a regular enemy, or a giant enemy with glowing weak spots.

Kor Kalom and his Apocalypse Gangbang were harder

Now this is bait.

>usually it's just a buffed up version of a regular enemy, or a giant enemy with glowing weak spots
Can't really have good boss fights in an FPS.

Gwyn is very good, though.
The idea is really good, the execution is alright and the fact that the fight is effectively an execution is a nice touch.

It's a stock technique to use music that contrasts what it happening. And it works.

Except Vendrick is optional and takes too much effort to actually fight.

Make way!