youtube.com/watch?v=zzxROmIXxjU
youtube.com/watch?v=YRsFtI_iRHI
youtube.com/watch?v=jFlOHRB5_4Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post comfy ost's
youtube.com/watch?v=gje7gB5a8Y0

pic related, it's me playing maypu sutori

Literally progress quest: the MMO

The fact that anybody talks about it proves how thick-lensed people's nostalgia goggles are.

They fucked the game up, all we can do is play on a nostalgic pserver

I joined this guild not long ago. We need more fresh fags cause all these losers who were there day 1 are too high level to pq with us noobies.

tldr; JOIN US FAGS, I NEED BUTT BUDDY

LPQ times

youtube.com/watch?v=hNqYWaT8N2M

youtube.com/watch?v=1SrcTNmCAsY

youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4xCYDNSCw

I want 2006 to come back right now

you guys need to FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT im tired of getting depressed when scrolling down catalog

Don't be sad user

BUDDY REQUEST FROM user

O
X

Why did the Koreans have to ruin this game?
Why do they have to ruin every single game they make with pay to win?

They didn't even ruin Maple with p2w that much before, it started not long ago.

This all went downhill with Big Bang which made the game too fucking easy and less social.

but...henesys hunting ground 1, the old hang out spot that got replace with a giant advertisement screen, classic cash shop that wasnt empty, getting to level 30 for the first time, OG kerning PQ. not to mention the hype around pirates, new areas like omega sector and aqua road, the addition of the monster pq.....after that is when it started to all go downhill. cyngus knights were probably the final new classes I enjoyed and even then i felt they were starting to stretch it. RIP my screenshots from when i thought MapleSEA was the US server so me and my brother were playing with signapore players, I never figured it out until I got IP banned from there since a Mod realized I was using the wrong server entirely during an event

>those early days of EMS where everyone was piss poor and even expensive items went for basically nothing since no one had the money to buy them

Fun times

I loved Maple too but you've gotta stop shilling this server and guild. You're posting every day. I had my fill of nostalgia two weeks ago.

>koreans
>ruining the game
koreans are the only ones who get to play the real maplestory. Westerners fucked themselves out of auction house by buying mesos from chink bots so nexon NA has to pinch every penny they can from whales to stay afloat.

Nexon NA, EU, and all the licensed SEA games, put TOGETHER, make less than 10% of the total revenue of nexon worldwide. Let me put that in perspective, the MOBILE Divison of nexon JP makes more than North america, europe, all of southeast asia, taiwan, brazil, israel, indonesia, australia, and a few dozen other countries.

westerners were too busy throwing money at bots in the late 2000s so you fucked yourselves over and got shitty 2x cards.

Meanwhile koreans don't even have to pay money for NX, they can use mesos.

Giruga come back

Lith Harbor theme is the best ever, Period.

Still brings tears to my eyes. Fucking good old days. I'd come home from school, open maple, go to the pig beach. Find a pt, farm leathers and sell in fm.

Royals will never be what maplestory once was. All we can hope is have children of our own and introduce new games and genres to them as they grow up.

isnt lith harbor completely gone down? or significantly butchered? all of victoria island was maximum comfy, espescially the airship rides

>tfw arriving in Lith Harbor for the first time
>tfw not enough mesos to use the taxi to get a job advancement
>tfw jumping over mobs and hoping you don't get hit as you travel to your destination of choice

Have you even tried it? idk user, it's filling my nostalgia void pretty well.

Lith Harbor still exists, but Victoria Island as a whole was raped when the plague hit, later Henesys was remodeled and who knows when the rest of the cities get remodeled.

fuck off shills trying to capitalize on our sadness and nostalgia

Yesterday I made an islander. I'm currently level 25 and I joined an islander guild, PiggyPatrol.

I spend my time listening to music, killing pigs/shrooms/slimes and helping noobs.

Maximum comfy/autism right here friends. You will never know this feel unless you try.

Let it out user, I know you're angry.. I was too.

It's filling your nostalgia void, but it isn't the same. Believe me, I have roamed all private servers scratching that itch to return to days gone-by, and I never feel satisfied.

Though I am glad you can feel the same feelings you had with maplestory.

>tfw waiting outside the entrance to nautilus in channel 1 waiting for pirates to release within the next couple hours

Never played it.

Is it too late to give it a go?

answer plz

also these cucks worshipping some crazy bimbo on my last server when all "she" did was cause drama

All Royals is missing is the giant population of old-GMS desu oniifam

>Maple Drama

Oh boy

>using xD in chat

Get

Out

Pretty consistent 1k players online 24/7. For a single 14 channel server, it feels less than cramped but not deserted either.

I run across players in random maps often enough.

bro grinding dulls a mans brain

Red pill me please

Any private servers or whatever?

You're in a guild named ~~~Eternity

MapleRoyals

mapleroyals.com/?page=index

Note: 1200 people on right this second, low rates, old version of ms but with some newer content (like nx shit for example), daily voting nx system

inb4 fuck off shill
Yeah, I'm having fun with the game again and want others to consider trying it.

did that GM ban you
also why was that guy causing drama

which classes are avaliable? any pirates?

it's not that drama that is keeping me from trying a different one. my point is I have tried ALL of the different ones and I never felt like it was the same. I am not a stupid kid fooling around with my friends anymore. I know too much about maple. I can't explore what I have explored before.

/blog

yes, all the original classes (no dual blades though)
i honestly wish there was Aran and Luminous becaus those were so fucking fun

Thanks I'll try it.

Anything I should know as a beginner? How's the population even?

tfw giru is kill

forgot about aran, that class actually seemed decent as well as evan. I never used luminous as I quit after mechanic but my highest level character was actually a dual blade

It's fun with bros from Cred Forums. Alone I probably wouldn't play in a normie guild.

>go into current ms to try and do some PQs
>some are limited (can only do a certain amount a day)
>some don't even work
>most of them are dead and people just do R&J or bosses

Great

Sadly I understand and agree with that point. I can't unlearn what El Nath is for example and I know not to walk down the tower.

pretty much this. even though I was a complete scrub and my highest level character pre big bang was in the 50's I still managed to put well over 400 hours in the game over multiple characters and between mapleSEA and global just via fucking around and having fun since it was such a huge game

I'd say look up how you want to allocate your AP/SP pts to avoid headache later (you can reset for nx so its not the end of the world, but still worth mentioning)

There's already quite a few guides on the forums of Royals. You can just google "Mapleroyals x class guide" and probably find something.

First thing you should buy with nx is a pet/pet equips. You'll probably need two days of nx to get what you need though.

>taking the airship to orbis as a level 30 noob
>exploring the city and getting lost
>scaling down orbis tower for the first time

SELLING WORK GLOVES@@@@@@@@@@@

>Getting stuck in Orbis tower, have to remake character
>Do the same thing with Eos Tower

It hurts

Current MS is indeed bloated, forgotten, milked and dead at the same time

>tfw got rich once they made NLC because of the 60% GFA scrolls you got from one quest

Hell yeah motherfucker

why remind me of Eos Tower? god I picked up FFXIV recently and even though its great nothing will ever scratch the itch that maple did. every area was so comfy, memorable, and somewhat mysterious

>going down eos tower as a relatively low lvl with basically no potions
>every time you die you respawn in Omega Sector
>not even a thief so can't dark sight the shit out of that spot

Deep inside the clocktower is still one of the best thematically and aesthetically designed areas, even counting ALL the new content.

youtube.com/watch?v=UClndMrSOdc

take a break for a few years then, that's what I did and I'm having a lot of fun with it again and remembering a lot of stuff I never thought I'd forget.

that's like going on a no-fap

twas a perfect endgame/high level area, the first gameplay I ever saw of the game was a sin throwing OP stars at every enemy on those maps. shit looked so cash but I never got to that point sadly just fucked around as a low level character and explored

As a guy who has played a shit ton of new GMS and also a couple dozen hours of this pserver, I'm quite surprised at a few things:

1) How much bigger maps used to be

Training maps were easily 2x the size and on top of that..

2) How much more platforming was focused on

A lot of the maps include a lot of obstacles, weirdly placed platforms and such which was sort of overhauled

3) How much less laggy everything is

Maybe its cuz I run on a toaster but selling items to NPCs is quick and without any lag, botting up the game has virtually zero lag and is smooth on top of the most important thing of all LOOTING (manually) is much more responsive.

NEXON PURPOSEFULLY MADE MANUAL LOOTING SHIT AT SOME POINT TO INCENTIVIZE PETS

4) Even on 4x exp, it's only faster than current GMS for like maybe lvls 10-20 (its 1x from lvl 1-10) after around lvl 20 or so it's actually still slower than current 1x GMS. At high levels it's way the fuck slower because GMS has had SEVERAL exp "curves"

etc

Dont want to ramble too long, attention span and all that

>botting up the game

I swear I meant booting g-guys! ... g-guys?

grats

who /omok/ here?

Bought some of that 60% weapon scrolls for 1-2k and sold them a few weeks later for 100-200k

Good times

>people saying grats when you level at any level
>going to roids at 40-50 instead of 90-100
I miss the old game

>tfw i would destory high level players in this mini game and they would rage quit

do this or "buying fame" exist anymore?

That starting before 3rd jobs existed, before ludibrium was released and maximum comfy grinding at pig Beach.

RIP

anymore super classic stories? I know nothing of the history from that time

>xAsasinnx
wow thanks for ruining any chance I had at nostalgia all I can remember is the harsh reality that this game was trash, is trash, and has for any and all times only ever been trash.

Stop shilling your stupid fucking private server.

>forgotten
5th job came out not even 3 months ago
>bloated
not gonna argue, significantly less so on not-shit versions though
>milked
not really, unless, again, you're playing a shitty version like the american one.
>dead
literally beat league of legends and overwatch when 5th job came out in pcbangs.

nexon shills exist?

Quit gettin mad at people playin vidya user

That lith harbor theme makes me so nostalgic of farming pig beach

Forgotten by Nexon, not the players

Milked, yes I mean GMS which will soon merge with EMS so every English speaking country in the world, that version

Dead in spirit, maybe not finances

Goddammit, you guys are making me want to reinstall.

I dont want to lose my life to this fucking game again

This is so depressing.. I want to be young and pure and enjoy maplestory again.

nothing wrong with nexon KR, it's nexon NA that you have to worry about. Of course it's doing so poorly it's probably gonna end up in the shitter in the next few months. Of course you're probably retarded and never bothered looking up just how much better koreans got it than americans in maplestory, vindictus, dragons nest, mabinogi, DnF/DFO when nexon had it (even now though, korean version is so much better than the relaunched english one), and more.

If anything i'm a koreaboo, not a nexon shill. Just be aware of this.

The CEO and president of nexon north america has never resided in north america for a period longer than 33 days.

this

Hehe, I played on mapleSea as well. Remember all the people ending sentences with "la"? E.x. Offer La.

I had horrible latency issues but I still enjoyed it.

Didnt't nexon kill whatever chance dota2 might have had in korea?

Mushmom hunting time! for Ilbis of course

Who else remembers black sack summonings?

youtube.com/watch?v=k5qfPHt0Pg0

youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-74Wrgo5I

Royals might become good after v86

No, dota2 just never had a chance there to begin with. It was published too late. Riot also has huge marketing campaigns there in most every PC bang.

they buy out nexon arena on a pretty frequent basis. Also valve had to come to a new agreement with nexon because their contract only extended to counter strike and the offshoots (CS:O, CS:O:Z, CS:O2) and use of source. New one has source, source2, dota 2, and some other stuff. I think first assault uses some source assets, as well as some games in the works.

Dota 2 is still available, it's just not really popular in korea, but it never was, nor was the original. People in korea played aeon of strife, not dota. starcraft is a fucking national sport.

The term "moba" doesn't exist there, they call it as it is, "aeon of strife game", pic related. pmang has the same shit, I think, unless they shut down all their aos games.

I still don't like the nu-maple. I gave it a fair chance and it doesn't compare to old-GMS.

I've played pre-bb private servers before and Royals has the highest pop of a pre-bb server in years or maybe forever (Haven't been on Odin or Local). 1.5-1.6k online at peak. Now is the time to play.

oh yeah, sudden attack 2 used source, but it flopped because why would anyone play the new game when the old one is just fine. Heh, I remember when they announced that was shutting down a few months ago, big fat nothing from the players, they just went right back to the original.

Hey dude I saved a bunch of your screens, for nostalgia. You playin on Royals?

>Maplestory 2 never

youtube.com/watch?v=q64yXa31M_k

already out and failing horifically in korea. exiting open beta in china soon as they pray for success. Only reason anyone plays is the dressup.

remember dropping items for my alt behind the big crystal in Grendel's room

i/l mages should die in a fire desu

They're just worse Bishops, why hate on them senpai?

Join as at Comfy on Royals to nostalgia it up with bros.

I dont't even want to start on bishops senpai..
A proper healslut class ruined by 4th job
RUINED

read as:
>join us in the memespewing Cred Forums guild that everyone on royals knows is from Cred Forums and will very shortly have everyone in it banned because Cred Forumsbois have been stupid the last 15 times they made a guild on royals so no one will put up with their shit anymore
lel

Nah, Comfy is cool. We're not like those other 4channer Cred Forumsbois.

your the slut now

>he doesn't know about the 1 meme per hour limit
newboi detected

how do i get into Comfy guild?

i just downloaded the one for 3ds that is half translated. it looked good from what i saw.

I have a level 206 character in Bera. Anyone still play?

Whisper a JR/The Big Boss

message someone in the screens in Comfy, KULT, MadWolf, GypsyPie etc.

>You've been stunned, making you unable to move.

Ulu City, not even once

grats

i have been mac banned even before playing lul

>playing on a MAC

Going to make this thread every day?

Have you guys tried MS recently? I did a few months ago and got to level 200 in a week, raids were dead, and a lot of the high level quests were just straight up broken.
I liked playing the Jojo-clone but the demon slayer was pretty over powered with that magic regen move.

haha nice bait-odaze

there's a fucking 5th job now? LOL FAGGOTS

Most public vpns are banned, so try not using one senpai.

i saw them say a bunch of weird shit like that when I checked out some maplesea forum looooong ago out of curiosity. why did they do that?

maple devs

what's a vpn

How do I download mapleroyal?

2003-2004 was the best years for Maple Story.

>madwolf was low level once
doubtful.jpg

>tfw lukless mage
>tfw still using lvl 1 clothes
At least i have NX to make a qt

>tfw i met my girlfriend trough maplestory
>tfw we're still togheter after 7 years
>tfw all the underage boobs and everything else i've seen of moopler girls thanks to my nx clothing

Maplestory is my favourite game

omg guys download mapleroyals it's so amazing also we need more hot girls in the guild

mapleroyals.com

>2003

what, the fucking korean beta?

'La' is a pragmatic particle that speakers from that region use at the end of the sentence. It functions similarly to how some people say 'Yo' at the end of the sentence.

By 2003 it had translated BETA by Wizet.

Do you have to pay to use mapleroyals or is it free?

it's fo free

nostalgia-chasing is the worst thing you could possibly do
enjoy it for what it was, don't dig up your fucking skeletons you nerds

new maplestory is ok I guess but it has a shitty community
mapleroyals might be better but it also has a shitty community

so I just downloaded the game and I forgot how painful it was to make a mage at maple island
I'll join you guys s-soon

> tfw i played from like 0.16 onward
> tfw when it took like 8 to 10 hours a level
> tfw playing cleric, leveling at coolies indefinitely cause no ludibrium or 3rd job or..

Wasted a good two years on this game.
The hacking community was infintely nicer than the regular players.

I regret nothing

Ye but mage is literal EZ mode 11-200. You can suffer from 1-10 you filthy wand wielder.

How did you meet?

anyone remember BSUCLA the first guy to scroll that perfect weapon/spear with 10%s and white scrolls and then he used a 30% on the last slot the fuckin mad man

>BSUCLA
holy shit now that's a name I haven't heard in forever

Not him, but not all people were fucking CC PLZ faggets. You could actually engage in conversations during PQs and whatnot. It was quite easy to make friends if you wanted to.

I actually was buddies with him in he game believe it or not. He was an extremely nice and cool friendly dude.

>tfw met randoms who I would grind fucking red snail shells with to throw at mobs way above our levels
I remember we couldn't fucking afford blue pots so we'd just go to a higher leveled map part and just stunlock/chuck shells at mobs for easy gains thanks to the no miss and fixed damage.

later on we would throw rocks at things in ragnarok online
what a time to be alive

> tfw you got to know the top players of the server (Broa, jjangs) by befriending an asian girl who in turn befriended the top players cause they were all asians to begin with
Fun stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=k5qfPHt0Pg0

;_; it hurts

>That fucking music

TOPKEK
O
P
K
E
K

>That guy that went to ludibrium as a beginner killed a death teddy with couple hundred red snail shells and got mad levels

Lol noobs youtube.com/watch?v=GXk68pwBk8s

Sorry, something happened and I had to urgently get a job to help pay bills.

>that feel when broa best server

God damnit. This thread made me download the game, which in turn gets stuck at the log in screen.

Then I try downloading a private server and that doesn't even open the client thanks to some -217273429 or whatever error.

nexon please ;_;

>Broa GameFAQ's guild

Good times. All the drama.

well glad you're not dead

>Team up with a Fire/Poison mage
>He drops all mobs on the map to one hp
>Snail shell everything for massive exp

> tfw i can't log into my accounts anymore because they want me to verify the email address which i probably deleted a decade ago

>tfw i was in the family
I miss the family system.

Broa best server.

>deleting emails
Why?

just download mapleroyals

I had a ton back then, never used them for anything else than registrations because of the massive spam.

Wasn't tiger's name craig or something? what a faggy name.

the thing that pisses me off is that stupid idiots in the game and private servers now say "go to cc8" which they think means "go to channel 8" and each time i try to tell them cc means change channel they just think im a noob who hasn't been playing as long as them

ive been playing since before the game was taken over by nexon u lil shits

Tigers account was eventually shared by three people, full time, in 8 hour shifts.

that's how you do it

youtube.com/watch?v=zzxROmIXxjU

>tfw you still think these sketches are funny

its called mmv

post the worst maplestory video you can find

youtube.com/watch?v=YRsFtI_iRHI

k invite me to a guild you mapleroyal scumbags

ign Rokui

youtube.com/watch?v=jFlOHRB5_4Q

>You will never fuck a Henesys hoe

Just like real life.

I want to go back in time

download mapleroyals and have a nostalgia wank with us

>started playing this game because my brother and his friends were playing it
>picked a rouge or something on my first run, didn't know shit
>saw a guy in the underground kerning station slay many slimes and pigs at the same time and they were all flying towards his sword from every direction
>fucking amazed, asked him how he does that
>tells me to become a warrior
>I do
>eventually find out he was using hacks
>still enjoy the job so much I pick anything similiar (melee types) in any type of game

that's fucking hilarious

>Gathering up all the monsters on the map and slash blast the shit out of them

It's nice to see my screens are going somewhere. Thanks for appreciation.

No my friend, I didn't... I'm still active in Khaini under the DKamui nickname though

>Playin EMS
>Just got to ellinia and became a wizard
>Go to kill some slimes
>Some guy is vaccing them
>ask him how to do that and he tells me the site
>open it
>its gay fetish porn
>don't know how to delete browser history
>crying, call dad and explain

and thats how i became gay at 11 years old

Faggot

>going deep into sleepy tunnels in dark sight

>angering tauromacis

>Getting on the lower platforms thinking Balrog can't hit you there

how can you still play gms after what it's become?

>going down orbis tower and using scroll to town

Be honest
How many of you guys are posing as girls?

no one at all, we're all girls here

How many girls pretending to be boys?

every single male character in the guild

more new Comfy members when

Why do you want new members?

Mabinogi is also on its way, if not there already, to deaths door. Thanks Korea

so the noobs can play with other noobs

I might join later today, I dunno.
I remember the grind.

wow big deal u ancient fuck

I remember playing this as a kid, heres an old screenshot. Was there ever a time in the game where the big flying ship to the other world wasn't in the game yet?

>dat old mouse cursor

In the betas it was just Victoria and Maple Island.

>Tried replay the original GMS again
>All my nostalgia is dead for the modern game

I just see a dead carcass. GMS is fucking dead and I'll never get to 200 even though they changed the max level

Rokui? From LordKatz videos??? Shit dude nice to see you around

Is there a royals Cred Forums guild?

>there was literally no timer that would kick you out if you couldnt figure out the combination

i wonder what the longest time to complete lpq was

Check the thread.

i wish they didnt make you be able to teleport fucking everywhere

if people still had to use the orbis boat to get around (and buff to crog), id be ok with everything else

I have pq'd from 35 - 51 on multiple characters and I have to say that 56 minutes was the longest pq I was ever in. I am perplexed that in the shitty pq's people don't leave ever.