Cossacks 3, a sequel to one of the best RTS series of all time, is launching tomorrow

>Cossacks 3, a sequel to one of the best RTS series of all time, is launching tomorrow
>no news, no marketing, no interest
GSC has really lost their game after all the talent left back in the day

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/333420/discussions/0/361798516961679100/
amazon.de/Ravenscourt-1017512-Cossacks-3-PC/dp/B01IQUOBW8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1474291524&sr=1-1&keywords=cossacks 3
cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?threads/Новости-и-обновления-Обсуждение.131/page-269
store.steampowered.com/app/40980/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rocroi
youtube.com/watch?v=__zpUpkg9TI
gsc-game.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>marketing dead genre
they're too much of pussy of doing it.

>RTS in current decade

Ohhh shiiiit. Time for LAN parties ~!!!!!!

>things that are never coming back

I like the idea of Cossacks but for some reason I could never get into it. I want to say that I will pick it up but I'll probably just ignore it and keep playing SupCom instead.

I don't understand the deluxe edition, how many campaigns/missions do we get overall.

Why not. Nowadays every person has a gaming pc + average laptop. It's easier than carrying all those cases

Please run well on toasters please run well on toasters please run well on toasters

nobody owns desktops except for ultrafat nerds

>not putting up preorders
What the fuck are they doing. Its free advertisement.

>one of the best RTS series of all time

Let's not go overboard, Potatofriend.

Objectively false.

>reading comprehension

More like Cassocks, right?

More like Gamesucks, ammirite?

Well lets hope it does well so STALKER 2 comes out

>not released yet
>digital deluxe edition
>early bird pack

Every person who was making coffee at the office during the development of STALKER has formed their own gamedev studio and tried making a STALKER 2. Its dead, Jim. Let it go.

>tfw this game should be 10/10 suggested for me and it isnt

Get fucked steam, recommending me shitty fuckin green light games and those RPG maker cunts. Just ignore that I have thousands of hours in strategy games and grand strat....

Oh shit, i played the shit out of the previous Cossacks games, does 3 bring back naval fights and ship building?

So, is it good?

Yep. It's basically redone cossacks 1

>sequel
Isn't it the HD remake of the first game? Or I mistook it for something?

Why nobody shill this game? Literally why.

Will it make me cum really fast?

the originals had naval fights and shipbuilding?

How much is it going to be?

>he didn't play in the LCN

Oh yes user, oh yes ! Winged hussars charge into your enemies will make you cum buckets.

Digital Deluxe Edition will be cost 29.99$.
steamcommunity.com/app/333420/discussions/0/361798516961679100/

in the before times i remember finding a demo of Cossacks available for download on Gamespot or somewhere else but i never got around to trying it

I didnt play any of them but all i ever saw were screenshots of line combat on land

If that game turns out non-shit, it has the potential to revive the RTS genre

xd

not even sc2, the biggest rts sequel possible could revive it

Because sc2 was badly done. Removing iconic units and making mechanics of a game more braindead.

S-surely there will be STALKER 2 if this sells well
r-right fellas?

be...bet your ass that

IT WONT HAPPEN

I'll wait for reviews but I hope it's good. I just want good games.

bump

>multiplatform multiplayer
what are those words trying to convey?

that hohol hairstyle is so fucking stupid

Face it. RTS fans are too stingy to support the RTS genre.
Grey Goo devs give all they had and RTS fans are still leery of supporting them by purchasing the game instead of pirating it like scums that they are.
And every RTS devs keep learning that as will Cossacks devs soon when they can't earn enough to pay their debts or bills.

windows/mac/linux maybe?

Grey goo is the worst RTS I have ever played.

It really wasn't it had AAA campaign production values, the MP was good and had some fun additions. It's just the sad reality that RTS is not popular enough to support expensive development.

RTS is the hardest genre to do well and it's not popular enough.

Grey goo was shit though

The game could be great and it wouldn´t change shit. There is no rts audience left.

>only 3 races
>only 1 resource
>couldn't play 3v3 or 4v4
>few maps
>no spectator, no replay feature
it was shit (and probably it still is)

pic related - I hope that they balanced those motherfuckers.
I believe that blizzard can ressurect it. Even though since WoW their every game sucks balls they still have materials.
Imagine starcraft 1 with added ladder system, 16:9 resolution and upgraded models/unit cams. With the same mechanics ofc. Even being able to select 12 units max.

Nobody would play it. It's 2016.

Unless Sergey decides he wants more money, no.

Thanks user. Never heard of Grey Goo before. Downloading it as we speak.

hopefully some American Conquest mods will get made
Nothing more fun that annihilating thousands of savage Aztecs with conquistadors

How the fuck is that piece of shit still so popular 7 years later.

Broodwar is the best RTS ever made. Face it user. With reactivate/remake, Korea would go nuts and other countries would follow

t. Grey Poo dev

amazon.de/Ravenscourt-1017512-Cossacks-3-PC/dp/B01IQUOBW8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1474291524&sr=1-1&keywords=cossacks 3

>Early bird window of two weeks instead of having to pre order prior to release

Based

>time locked exclusive units and exclusive campaign
>based
KYS

>revive the RTS genre
Not when MOBA still at large, RTS don't stand a chance for revival.

Did you think anyone owned a laptop in the 90s or early 2000s?

And yet, there were LAN parties everywhere.

>time locked exclusive units
They're reskins.

My thoughts (which mostly stem from my personal experience with RTS games) is that it would be better to focus on manageable-budget, fairly frequent singleplayer titles, instead of trying to design a game to last a decade. The MOBA genre distilled the RTS into the bits that people like and completely overwhelmed that niche. There's no competing. But perhaps there are enough people like me who just like shoring up their defenses (company of heroes) or building overkill castles (stronghold crusader) in peace.

Bump

No one mentioned yet that the game comes with free modding tools. I hope there will develope a community around that, especially since GSC wants to work popular community mods into the base game.

I think GSC has a good pro consumer policy for Cossacks 3. Early bird rather than preorder while not ideal is decent aswell.

>Want to buy this
>Poorfag for a while

;__;

It's only 20 bugs. Just don't eat for a week, that's what I am doing.

Desu I'd rather pay my real expenses and bills than play a game. Well, not really but you get my point.

Imagine Cossacks 3 becoming famous eSports title. I'm not serious or implying it will happen but let's dream a bit.
>adding Korean race to the game
>people watching winged hussars charge at the football stadium
>cannon and rifle sounds comming outside from a stadium scaring normies walking arround it

>He doesn't know about SoC's development hell

Even if Stalker 2 got confirmed TODAY it'll be delayed for like 10+ years, released in a buggy unfinished state, have loads of cut content, and Cred Forums will shitpost about it being all these things that make it shit despite vanilla SoC being this exact criteria I just described.

I am a cheapskate and usually pirate everything before buying. Even when I buy I wait a few years for the price to drop to ridiculous levels; rarely paying more than $5 or $10 for a game. For example I still haven't bought Wticher 3 or GTA V even though I enjoy both games and series.

I will buy Cossacks the first week though, assuming it doesn't entirely shit the bed. Good game developers deserve praise for doing well. American Conquest, STALKER, Cossacks are all reputable series with great design and care behind them. As such I will break my almost decade-long moratorium on paying full price for a game. Once again this is assuming the early reviews don't show some sort of catastrophic failure.

even if it does shit the bed you can just refund it

I'll pirate it and buy it when I can afford it.

That's a funny gif, but that's how you wake up the next day after your family member dies, it takes a few seconds until oblivious morning state fades away and reality to hits you hard.

I like how you conveniently skip the cs and cop existence

will those mercs just be reskins of other mercs or will they be full fleshed out units?

>Diplomatic Centre
>mercenary units
diplomacy my ass

Thanks for reminding me user. Not like I go on Cred Forums to escape loneliness and despair.

You will never escape loneliness by being lonely

And no one gives a shit about LoL. It is like the new age of browser games, everyone and their casual mother played that shit, same with LoL.

>no gameplay

So I assume this game is on a really large scale or something or has a lot of stuff going on back at your actual base or with lots of large battles going on all over?

It's definitely in an age I like but the few gameplay videos of the battles looks like a bit of a blob fest. Not that that's really all that much of a bad thing most of the time.

its a cossacks 1 clone, the gameplay will be the same

Just look up gameplay videos of the Cossacks 1 versions (European Wars, Art of War, Back to War) and you will have a pretty good picture of what it is about.

The gameplay is less about micromanaging units and more about building up an economy to supply giant armies.

Ps4 crossplay confirmed!

I'm not sure if my Cossacks 1 copy is fucked up but the audio quality was pisspoor, and the game felt sped up like 10x the amount and it all felt so jittery. Like I had no idea what the fuck was going on.

This was the gog.com version by the way.

cossacks running on newer hardware does that. you can turn the speed of things down on options

Would I be better off just playing the remake tomorrow if by some large luck it's actually playable and not a buggy mess like most slavic games?

Have you tried putting the game on slow mode? In multiplayer that is the default, but for some reason single player defaults as fast mode.

Changing that in the main menu's options won't do a thing, you have to change it during a match.

It is a slavic game. Slavs don't have rigs for anything better than Dota.

Plus look at the requirements on steam. The game should even run on Windows XP.

What's witha ll the cancerous DLC at launch? Greedy fucking slavs.

Tried all week. Cossacks ain't popular enough on Cred Forums. There's not even an /rtsg/. I hope we'll manage to have some threads in the weeks after release to play together.

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was out tomorrow.
How much is it, steam isn't showing me a buy option or price

yeah, i think the original's multi is dead anyway

Actually its more common practice to have a good computer and then pirate everything humanly possible to make up the cost.

20 slavic shots of vodka

>give all they had
They literally stole race concepts from Earth 2160 down to the letter. I'm surprised Grey Goo didn't get an expansion pack with a fathat builds towers.

If the 3 has a better path finding AI than BtW that would be enough for me.

Still, the requirements are very low.

>Western RTS
>Being anything but regurgitated trash
No thanks.

Thanks, so the game will have less in common with Cossacks 2 ?

>gameplay mostly about having the economy to supplement your warfare
I like that. It's the reason stronghold is my favorite RTS series

LC were dope.

Yes. The 3 in the title might aswell not exist.

But it would surprise me if there won't be some mods to make it more like 2, since the game comes with free modding tools.

>Opposed to japanese RTS :^)

Der Bergfried ist komplett.

Please don't reply to shitposting, thanks.

NO WOOD M'LORD

THE STOCKPILE IS FULL MILORD

>playing past midnight
>pause the game to save
>"It's getting late sire! Aren't you tired?"
>mfw

Stronghold was the shit. 90% of my time on the computer back then was either Stronghold Crusader or Cossacks.

The rest was Worms World Party, Clonk Planet and later Maple Story.

What? I never knew that.

>Clonk Planet
Clonk games are amazing, terraria years before terraria

>Babies first RTS

>This poor bait

Starcraft 2 is babies first RTS.

It actually was mine, but it was good.
Based Computer Bild Spiele.

Yeah, plus they taught me some basic coding when a friend and me spent a summer digging through the code.

No more rations

Is there basebuilding in this game or is it just another zergfest?

Dungeon Keeper did the same thing

That's actually from a movie and she just found out her boyfriend was cheating on her.

If it was rebuild of Earth 2150, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'll probably buy Cossacks 3, though.

Depends on how you want to play. There are game modes with peace time of 30 minutes or more at the start so you have to get ressources and gather fuck huge armies and build cannon towers and shit before the enemy attacks. There are also game modes where you start with a million of each ressource and you just spam raids at the opponent.

Please support the RTS genre, user.

Even if you don't do it for yourself. Do it for me. Your friend. user.

Fuck, I just want the game to be succesful. ;_;

me too, but underwhelming garbage cans like ashes of the singularity and deserts of kharak keep coming out

I like SupCom but it's really so.. drab and lifeless.

All units are just robots. There's no fun lines or shit like in Warcraft 3. It has good gameplay and decent visuals but that's it. I just can't get into it because it's such a lifeless game.

Does it come out at midnight tonight or tomorrow?

Dead Rising was listed for an evening European launch recently but it went live around midnight/1am GMT

>be dev
>ignore all the innovations that games like supreme commander brought to the RTS genre 10 years ago
>don't come up with own innovative ideas either
>instead make shitty starcraft clone #2000
>surprised when it doesn't take off

fucking entitled gamers man

Are you now complaining about SupCom or Cossacks?

I didn't really like WC for that back then, it felt too cartoony to me when I was used to Cossacks. My child mind thought that cartoony games were supposed to be stuff like Yoshi's Island, while RTS should be serious in tone.

Well for $30 I might be able to try it. Love AoE and watching a video of the first game but it's a gamble. I'll have to see how many people are playing it tomorrow.

weren't cossacks the evil cats that drove the mice to america?

Isn't it only 20?

no they were ukrainian samurai

I'm complaining about Supcom. Does Cossacks have fucking robot units?

So do the "barracks" type buildings just make units automatically?

Depends if you want Deluxe edition or regular.

Someone post the letter the cossacks wrote to the turkish sultan.

I thought you meant they were robots as in they have no personality. Never played supreme commanders.

No, you have to tell them to.

Not on their own, but you can set them to loop production.

No, they were the soviets that turned to nazis when the germans started winning and then turned to communists again when they started losing, then got deported to Siberia and killed off.

>Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

>O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

>You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

>So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

Not in Cossacks 1 which 3 is supposedly based off of. In 1 you would manually recruit individual soliders really quickly, but individuals were useless so you would have to recruit a lot of them along with a musician and an officer in order to form a regiment which was the "main" unit. Individual units had their use like guarding buildings or being A E S T H E T I C.

Okay, lets solve this once and for all.

How many pikemen do you leave to guard your mines?

>. In 1 you would manually recruit individual soliders really quickly
Or you could right click or shift click or something to set it to automatically pump out soldiers as long as you had the resources and population space.

>In 1 you would manually recruit individual soliders really quickly

you could also shift-click to queue 10 soldierst at once

I was looking for more of a 3-7 number.

Second greatest reply ever, only outdone by this:
>After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I invade Laconia you will be destroyed, never to rise again." The Spartan ephors replied with a single word: "If"

Grey goo was slow as all hell for no reason and the units were hardly interesting.

RTS
There's the problem. People say they want a new RTS but every time one comes out everyone stops playing it after a week, it's the same with arena shooters.

5 you mean.

You could also ctrl click to train infinite units. Or choose multiple barracks at once and ctrl click multiple times to train infinite units multiple times.

Honestly I never guard my means. If I beat my opponent's army he won't conquer my mines. If I don't I lose anyway, and it's not like a handful of pikemen can't fend off an army.

>waaah waaah piracy scum waaaah

Thats funny considering the most popular strategy game on PC is free to play.

If you don't guard your mines, I can send 3 horses to explode them.

That's because of muh nostalgia...

They bitch all day they don't make them like they used to, and then when a fancy looking clone is finally done it kind of suck, because they aren't twelve year olds in the late 90's anymore...

That being said I'm dying for a Ravenshield or Hidden&Dangerous 2 remake.

Try to get past my army surrounding my entire turf.

Put tell me, smartypants, how many pikemen guard your mines?

>Cossacks 3 releasing on the same day Battlerite enters early access
Fuck

Pfff, you are one of these. Alright, you win, I lose, I can't play, sorry I can't make 999999999 units and create a living wall around my base bro.
My games tend to last less than your AI skirmishes.

Same. Specially since teching up pretty much makes the lower tech units completely useless. PA is much better of a game.

So, you only play matches without peace time? Honest question. I always have a 196 batallion everywhere before peace time ends.

I have a dozen pikemen on outpost mines, so that the enemy can't just send five horsemen to raid them.

And yes, I play without peacetime, I dislike the notion. That way everyone is forced to invest in military early, slowing down growth, and battles are smaller, and everyone retreats often, as to save and preserve troops from a battle being lost. Actually makes the fast and fragile units have a place in the game, for the raiding and chasing.

It's because today people focus on tourneyfags, so instead of doing something special for each group and a good singleplayer campaign they do something balanced with no story mode expecting everyone to play online

Game was pretty good but ukrainians were OP. I hate this fucking baloon

Funny, I read the exact same critique on a gaming magazine back in 2007 or something

>buy the game
>play a wekk
>drop it
>devs care because.....

Why can't I pre-order the only game I've felt like pre-ordering this year?

the game won;t release tomorrow.
source: I work at valve.

I like the economy aspect of Cossacks, so peace time is a must.

>Battlerite
looks like bloodline champions.

>still shilling this MOBA trash

Sadly the RTS genre isn't one that's going to expand, so it's pointless to waste money on marketing and RTS's are far too skill intensive for journalists to actually play and review properly. May as well just spend that money on improving the game for your core audience.

This, man. Why?

>reasonable price
>nice colourful artstyle
>fun gameplay

your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't reply
source: my dad works at Nintendo

I just bought it on mmoga.de for 17 Euro.

the shitstorm on the forums is real dude, no one thinks the game will release

cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?threads/Новости-и-обновления-Обсуждение.131/page-269

>Sparta lost.

Kings of shit talking, thataboutit.

translate some important shite plz, i can't read putin runes

It's pretty much BLC2.

(You)

People on a forum think that the game won't actually release tomorrow, or even if it does, it'll turn out to be shit

Why though?

why?
why would they do that

>Я здecь c 2015 гoдa и этo мoe пepвoe cooбщeниe...pacхoдимcя пapни нac нaeбaли))

>I am here since 2015 and this is my first post... everyone leave, we got fucked over

>t. vladimir igoriy slavianka ivinovich from some commieblock in siberia

oh and they say that the beta registration was just for collecting emails and names for spam bots

And why do they think so?

>believing russians
>1980+36

I don't. But GSC is from the Russian part of Ukraine, right?

>start Stronghold 2
>enter profile name
>my name is Alex, and I'll be boring
>"Good afternoon, Lord Al"
>mfw

you should first quote message from Sultan to Cossacks. Makes their response twice as fun

>Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

> As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.
> --Turkish sultan Mehmed IV

nope, kiev

>playing any stronghold game past stronghold: crusader 1

Apparently stronghold: legends got a big update recently. Is that one any good?

There were rumors about them announcing SC1 HD at blizzcon

well, they abandoned BLC so there's that.

Two question, because I only played the second:

Is it going to be as ballbustingly hard as the second game? I found that no matter what I did I eventually got steamrolled a few missions into the campaign, I just couldn't keep up with how fast they were creating and deploying regiments!

Also, possibly related, is this game going to have that weird mechanic where you have manually order every unit to shoot? Was there a better way to do things? I get that it made it strategic about waiting for the enemy to close to inflict maximum casualties, but I can't do that for my 20 something units!

Yeah, the campaign is hard in Cossacks.

But no, Cossacks 1, of which this is a remake, wasn't that complex with its micro. You basically select a batallion and click attack and they all shoot. There are some commands like 'protect this building', 'stay where you are no matter what' or 'go there and attack everything on your way' (most important one), but nothing too complicated.

Its mechanically perfect or as close as we can come to it. The pinnacle of design. If it had some character for the units similar to C&C Red Alert did it would easily be the best RTS ever made. I'm willing to argue that it is now.

oh god those shit were op as fuck :D

>RTS
>selling well in 2016
I have some bad news for you, user.

Sega Europe games sell so well they're buying more RTS studios.

store.steampowered.com/app/40980/
How Stronghold Legends is?

It was probably made on a budget of five adidas track suits and inbetween fighting off russian invaders, so it will break even if a handful of people pirate it.

shit

where's stalker 2
RÉEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Everyone who made STALKER left to make Metro.

neva eva

Not really. Pretty much every STALKER was made by whole lots of completely different people even if just for a very short time.

>No marketing
>In a marketing post
Sure buddy.

Just like 8bits Armies

Keep in mind that the deluxe edition gets "free" dlc later on. I'm not sure why they're even bothering with the non deluxe edition with it being so cheap.

Along with a bunch of other games that are shit compared to Stalker.

The deluxe dlc is only campaign stuff no one cares about. I'll gladly pass on that to get the base dame for 13 bugs less.

It was mostly the lead engine guy that went to Metro. Anyways, Dimitry Iassenev, the main man behind the AI and gameplay, is now working on Survarium, so I don't have much hope for STALKER 2.

It can have all the STALKER bells and whistles, the same grimdark world, the same factions, but without A-Life it's not STALKER.

Some people like RTS campaigns. Supposedly each of the 8 nations they're adding later will have their own campaigns. And I think those 8 nations are dlc too. And it's only $10 cheaper.

Here's the dirty secret: RTS for RTS sake is not profitable. Singleplayer campaigns cost a ton of money. Multiplayer demands a certain mindset most people don't have. Content creation tools need to be as functional as the Blizzard stuff to have any lasting impact.

The entire genre relied on a wealth of game modes, ranging from team modes to pseudo-ladder BGH games to custom maps, in order to form the coalition of players who bought RTS games. Nowadays, you can play a commercial-quality "dota map" or "tower defense map" for free. There's no reason to buy RTS games if that's what you were buying them for.

So any substantial iteration on RTS (SupCom, Wargame, Planetary Annihilation) requires you to pour a shit-ton of money into something that the market doesn't want, and anything comparable in scope to Warcraft/C&C is "same old shit, not playing this again".

It sucks, but the sooner we stop pretending "hardcore" RTS players were the ones buying RTS, then devs can plan accordingly.

I think they wouldn't have much issue getting the important people back for a new Stalker game. And while that guy might have created A Life I would think it wouldn't be that difficult to reverse engineer it and improve it even without that guy.

I got the base game for 17$.

Aren't the 8 extra nations free dlc?

>I believe that blizzard can ressurect it.
>Blizzard
>ressurect anything
kek

Supposedly the free dlc is only free if you get the deluxe edition, which is why I was saying I don't understand why they did it like that.

post your fave factions
Also, american conquest dlc when?

Is that spain? Who were they fighting?

That's silly. Any info on how expensive the DLC will be?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rocroi

And to add on to this, Blizzard put the nail in the coffin by affirming everyone's apprehensions about RTS and marketing one of the simpler RTS games in modern memory as the equivalent of a hardcore gamer death march. There are books to be written on how badly Blizzard handled StarCraft since 2010.

A lot of people left voluntarily because of how terrible they were treated. I can't say where lassenev stood during the whole situations, but I don't think he'd roll over so easily once Sergey comes knocking.

>I would think it wouldn't be that difficult to reverse engineer it and improve it even without that guy.
Reverse engineering something is no small feat.

Sergey doesn't run the company anymore, his brother does, so there could be quality of life changes. He still owns everything though, he just isn't in charge of daily business anymore.

And by reverse engineering I mean looking at the source code and working to understand it.

so 6 campaigns which have 12 missions in total or are they different. Meaning 2 missions each campaign? I'm confused.

I just want more Stalker. At this point I'd even take a lazily made Clear Sky remaster.

>A lot of people left voluntarily because of how they were treated.

If I found out my employees wasted that much of my time and money only to have produced nothing of note I too would make their lives living hell.

Grey Goo was fun for its campaign mode but there was literally 0 reason to get it for the multiplayer, which was in almost every way a simplified starcraft. While RTS like Halo Wars can get by with copying starcraft due to association with a successful brand, any up-and-coming RTS games NEED to market themselves in a way that shows that they aren't similar to starcraft.

Grey Goo was doomed from the moment the marketing budget was decided. What we REALLY should be pissed about is the Planetary Annihilation devs ruining what could have been a really good supcom-like game because they were too fucking greedy to actually make money off of a well supported competitive RTS, instead of just trying to swindle people again and again.

btw if you bought the TITANS expansion you deserve the state that the RTS genre is currently in.

Just asked on the forum, the 8 new nations are free for everyone.

Making money for a man that kicked you to the streets might not sound too appealing for many of those devs, especially since they're working on their own separate projects by now.

You can always just copy what someone did but it'll never be the same, not without the driving force that created the original. Maybe the new guys could make it infinitely better, maybe not, I'm not really sure, but judging by how many mooks pass through GSC I don't have much hope.

I agree. Way too much time was wasted with no progress so if Sergey didn't start grabbing people by the balls we might not have gotten a STALKER game at all. But getting smacked across the head still sucks and it's not something people will just forget.

blizzard is going to release a very good remake of SC1, and one year later the Brood War expansion.

any technical difficulties will be solved quickly. there will be minor changes to the story to support SC2s campaign, but nothing too drastic

there will be a half-hearted attempt at an esports scene that will ultimately fail because new players aren't interested in getting stomped 200+ times just to learn the game, and there aren't enough dedicated old players to actually go pro (though they will play enough to drive new players away). blizzard has already seen this coming, and will either:

A. promote a meager pro scene (think Heroes of the Storm) that will serve to get them purchases but will not inspire most people to actually play competitively
B. announce a "return-to-roots, community driven" pro scene where they essentially just shove any and all esports stuff to the people who will essentially work for free to promote blizzards game

overall it'll be a great game with no pro scene and a bunch of confused idiots who cant find out why it didn't take off like last time

That's one great image, but in what world is "wunderkind" an insult?

>peace time
lmao scrub

i think he's calling them that ironically. desu he was pretty mad so i doubt he proof read it

How obnoxious is the worker micro in Cossacks compared to, say, AoE2?

Do I have to worry about retarded pathfinding and constant reallocation of labor?

You are never going to get the shitters to play the demanding RTS modes. The purpose of those players is to buy and subsidize the game so that you can go play esportslol with your buddies. Give them their team modes and their BGH and their Naruto Defense and let them do what they want, as long as they're buying StarCraft and creating a platform for the community.

Denmark
Rifle Grenadiers are loads of fun

No one cares about that shit, they need to stop pussyfooting around and get their asses back on STALKER.

In C1 you can shift click buildings to queue up construction commands, and when you send them to gather ressources they do that automatically. You can even put that gathering point from the town hall on trees and the workers from that town hall will instantly start gathering wood etc. It is all fairly automated if you know what you're doing.

Path finding could be a pain for your armies though, especially when crossing a hill. I hope they worked on that. For your workers pathfinding was mostly fine, since you usually build storehouses right next to where they gather stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=__zpUpkg9TI

anyone remember the ads for the orignal game

Read the thread, the STALKER guys are gone.

>GSC still haven't hired a decent translator
This is great.

talk for you, edgelord

So is there going to be good or what?

There's the trick, either A: they drag actual talent back into the fold and make something decent despite the original crew being long gone, or B: they make trash and we can finally put the lid on the series.

Having STALKER 2 teased so hard at us, only to have no closure is monstrous. I want it, heaven or hell.

You should read some of the forum posts from the community managers. Downright cute, those slavs.

what do you think pro level competitive play is? it needs the casual part of the community to be interested in the pro scene so that the PRO PLAYERS are being paid to play. blizzard wont pay them and big prize pool tourneys aren't paid for by money made through game sales, they are paid by viewership of the tourney

blizz will make a killing off of game sales but tourneys wont make shit because casual players wont care about competitive play because they cant be a part of it without getting dicked by better players, unlike in league or dota

see: why SC2 died

Is it actually good or is it a a meme? Looks like Yurojank

How can it be a meme when no one ever talks about it? Yes, it is good.

Some people like mediocre janky eastern european RTS games semi-ironically.

I don't think anyone like Cossacks ironically. It's a fine rts game with a focus leaned more towards economy than micro.

Slavs are saviors of gaming

bump for release in 2 hours

You get them interested in "NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, LOST TEMPLE" by giving them a range of modes that vaguely resemble it, so that the guy who only plays fours has a frame of reference for IdrA vs. Fake Void Rays. THAT'S why StarCraft II died, because the custom scene was underdeveloped, the team modes were terrible, and TeamLiquid was too busy masturbating to one-on-one to realize it.

But that ignores a grander point: It doesn't matter whether the game has a "pro scene" as long as it's worth playing. e-Sports is a cancer and there's a good reason every game affiliated with the cancer runs the range from average to terrible.

17 hours.

Well then we'll have to keep the thread bumped for a while.

this gonna be on gog?

Meh, STALKER is overrated. I played trough SoC and there's really not much worth remembering. The only interesting parts were the controller in the sewer and the bloodsucker in the sewer

>20 Euros for a remake

i mean i loved the original cossacks, spend hours upon hours on it. but 20 is really stretching it, plus its not actually 20, its 30 since DLC

>one of the devs has already posted cheats for singleplayer

The important DLC, aka the 8 extra nations, is free. I find it a decent price.

money and www?

Well I never bought the originals so I don't mind contributing to the remake. So what's the scale of this game? Does it have big maps?

>cheats
>in a video game
Blast from the past much

the scale of the game is huge, you could have 10k troops on screen before the game started shitting itself

>20 for a version of Cossacks that doesnt run like hyper sped up diarrhea
Seems fine to me

>So what's the scale of this game?
It can get bigger than TW in terms of units. In fact there was no limit in the original if you wanted, the whole map would get covered with lines of thousands and thousands of pikemen in a big enough game

So it's kind of like Ultimate general: Gettysburg?

Is the economy pretty in-depth with lots of resources like stronghold?

You have more control over units, they are not set to any types of formations and are made one by one. You can turn them into formations though with a leader and usually some sort of music unit.

The resource game isnt complicated or in depth. Its more about sabotaging your enemies resources while protecting your own while trying to smash the huge army of the other side with your huge army. That being said you cant just ignore your resources.

Go have a look at some youtube vids for cossacks 1. Its going to be fundamentally the same game but with more polish.

There aren't any production chains like in Stronghold. There are gold/coal/stone mines, farms and lumber. Your units also constantly consume resources, so if you run out of food they starve, can't shoot without coal and will rebel if they have no gold.

It's not as deep as Stronghold in the sense that you have to make weapons to recruit soldiers, and there aren't as many different types of food (the six ressources are wood from chopping trees, stone from quarries, food from cornfields and fishing boats, and gold, iron and coal from their respective mines), but you can research more upgrades for the economy.

The main advantage to Stronghold is the way bigger variety of units.

Is Clonk a game about everything? It confuses me a bit.
And everything is free, it seems, how devs make money?

Cheats:
Press Ctrl+Enter - to open Chat/console dialog.
type cheat and press enter again.

Cheats list:
showallmissions
Makes all missions available.

res %resource% %amount%
available resource names: food wood stone gold iron coal all
usage:
res food 100000
res all 20000000 (will set all resource)

freecamera
Remove limit on camera height. you can change camera angle by holding Ctrl+middlebutton (scroller) and moving mouse
Ctrl+PageUp/Ctrl+PageDown to change camera angle of view
Home key will return camera angle of view to default

You also need iron to shoot. Lost quite some battles due to that.

Still seems cool, the main thing I hate about most modern RTSs is that they usually streamline the resource game with only one or two and you can build every unit. If Cossacks has 5 it's enough to keep me interested

saved

>Also, american conquest dlc when?
I don't think I could force myself though that ordeal again.

How can anyone ban such a great post

What's that text?

Jesus christ, who wrote this shit?

Blood Meridian

Cormac McCarthy

Oh, I guess now I have to give into /lit/'s memes and read him.

That's a strangely accurate pic.

>Includes Source SDK
This is a Source game?

y

one last bump

>mfw is my birthday and I really want to support them for Stalker but I would not even know anyone to play the game with.
Well I guess I will get it next month if I am not living under a bridge.

Whats the problem playing by yourself? The AI wasn't too shitty in the last two games and the campaign was fun.

Surely there will be some activity in the first few months where you can just join in online games.

Maybe there will even be match making. It sucks that GSC doesn't tell us much of anything about that.

cant buy and I dont want to pirate it, also I still got vidya to finish.
I hope is good, steam word of mouth should work, I hope the animations are as good as they were in American Conquest.

I would like to travel to Ukraine just to key Sergey's car, his brother is the one handling the game apparently now, Sergey does not seem, unless I am wrong to have spoken about Cossack, Stalker 2 is a far project, especially considering they lost all the key members.

>Lost dad to cancer
>Haven't cried even once
Am I okay?

>Play new stronghold crusader during Halloween
>"its Halloween today how exiting" or some shit like that
well at least it did not make fun of me

Yeeeaaaaaaah I'll just continue playing Wargame.

Nobody play RTS anymore. It's nerdier than Visual sims.

I don't know mate, something fishy here. Barely any footage of the game, no marketing campaign, no pre order on Steam, nobody saw any actual gameplay but you can buy it on key resellers. I'm starting to think the game isn't going out. Let alone modding tools.

But Wargame is RTT, there's no strategic level involved :^)

you can play with me user

Better buy it if you want a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R, user.

There's no strategy in RTS either.

Everyone just runs the numbers and then creates some best build strategies and practices making them happen as fast as possible.

Only RTS that almost got it right was Dawn of War since economy was tied to battle areas so you weren't constantly dividing your attention.

guys

what if it's a scam?

i'm scared of reading the speculation on the forum. why is there so little info and no gameplay LESS THAN ONE DAY before release?
why did the announced public demo never happened half a year ago when the game was already delayed by a year from Q3 2015?

I'm buying to support STALKER 2

Who has Cossacks 2 here?

>no gameplay
there is some, but yea very little
from what I saw its gonna be like Cossacks 1 only with "upgraded" graphics, sprites looked better.

Reminds me of the movies that have review embargoes.

Why couldn't they just make a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R instead?

You mean, similar to those games with review embargos?

Jesus Christ, you guys, I never played stalker but just from being in this thread for more than an hour I seem to know more about that game's development than its fans do.

It's not the same team.

Are Winged Hussars?

Probably

There is Poland so there should be them too

gsc-game.com/

Time to make the most glorious charge of all time.

I have Napoleonic Wars. Its pretty fun harrasing formations with Chassueurs.

Same company doesn't mean the same team.
People who made Stalker have left a long time ago. Studio's name means nothing.

Yea its fun to bad that anything other than conquer europe campaign runs like shit for me

Obviously the name is the same. But read the thread: whoever made STALKER is not with GSC anymore.

meant to quote

I think some of the team went on to make Metro

A Slavic measure usually involves the entire bottle and no, Finnish and Swedish Vodkas don't count as actual Vodka.

It's a scam.

I had that same problem and some dude figured it out. If you build the barracks, than the game goes through this whole unnecessary checklist like every single frame that kills the framerate. All that was needed was to delete everything in some textfile, think it was log, and save it. After I did that games ran completely fine no matter how much shit was on screen or built.

>only slav's can make vodka
finns are mongoloids so it's basically the same.

SC2 was a joke, with e-sports in mind.
If it was not for the various tournament's prize money Koreans still prefer Brood Wars and they do in their off time.

I once too believed this meme.
There is no RTS audience, because lately RTS games turned into P2W shit. How the fuck do you even balance this?
Still hoping for Warlords Battlecry 4