What would the plot even be?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11258675
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Jf7eGSaRnvNrp3T7N_cP3g/
youtube.com/watch?v=qvJeATp31dw
youtube.com/watch?v=cCF1ZAzryOg
youtube.com/watch?v=mS1gFCppUyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's going to be about 4 characters matching DIVERSITY! and building up a storyline of *wow, ultimate monster that totally wrecked this other ultimate monster! DUDE, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME*

deviljho

They could just adapt 4 Ultimate and add some character development for Doodle and his Palico.

So weird I was thinking they should make one, didn't think they do it.
Plot should be about either competing monster hunters bringing in the most dangerous monster for fame, or over population has grown critical that monster hunters are needed now more than ever.

>Hollywood using any of the actual source material
Directors and writers Wikipedia shit and then loosely base it off the introductory paragraph.

Yeah ... this is what's going to happen.

A genetic experiment went wrong and started spreading amongst wild animals mutating them, resulting in monsters, a shy scientist tries the experiment on himself after running out of time, he awakes an ancient forgotten ability, the hunter sense which allow him to fight these monsters hand to hand. He will start with a normal modern weapon, a montage will show his progression, cooking, crafting, and hunting.

Monster start attacking
But we have to focus on quirky male hunter and strong, don't-need-no-man-but-I-want-to-fall-in-love female hunter and their on/off relationship during this difficult time
something explodes

It will literally be this and it pisses me off

>any monster movie
>all focus is on the humans
BAD

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

It would basically be MH3U

I can't wait for Hollywood to die

Gathering and eggs

>Hollywood dying
top kek, senpai.
Hollywood is a spirit. It's an idea.
Even if the physical location of Hollywood became a ghost town it will relocate and spew out this shit forever.

Which monster would be the final boss? Jho? Would he be savage?

everytime

Apex

Some elder dragon probably
or rathalos
everyone loves rathalos

rathalos would probably save the protags at the end from the big baddie

A hunter going on repeated volcano gathering quests trying to get the perfect charm.

It's 5 hours long.

Dire Miralis would be fucking awesome

No Rathian would.
Then she would sex the MC
The ending shows their half wyvern half human baby being born

How much longer if he's looking for rath ruby?

IN A WORLD...

Compared to god charms, not that long.

Now, if he constantly talks about getting the ruby throughout the entire movie, expect it sometime in 2020 during the 3rd movie.

WHERE HUNTERS HAVE TO KILL THE SAME MONSTER 20 TIMES TO GET SOME RANDOM ITEM EVEN IF IT IS NOT RARE AT ALL...

protagonist is 100% gonna use a great sword too

fuck that generic shit

The hunter will probably hunt a tutorial mon, then a Rathalos by the skin of his teeth, and then go straight on to fighting an elder dragon and slaying it with the power of the friendship

...ONE MAN...

>MC uses great sword
>partner used hammer
>rival uses longsword
Sound about right?

>liking GS
I will never understand it

It either suddenly clicks or you just don't like it.
Also doesn't help that people being introduced to it tend to be funneled into the Crit Draw style without being given the chance to use it on their own, leading the weapon to have a very bland feel to it when you have a lot more options available than others would believe.

But that's beside the point.
The protagonist will use some OP as shit weapon unique only to them passed down through their family or some shit.

Dude. Bayformers is
>lol robutts are boring. Here's some retarded cunty bitch and a vilely cliche 'nerd' that's nothing like an actual nerd and is merely a giant FUCK YOU to the fanbase due to its 'lol nerds suck so much, heres some badass military guys being badass'

Not everyone is a CritDraw-abusing faggot.

Wait is this real? Pls don't let it be real

>no shield user in sight
I doubt we'd get something so cool, but I want to see how they'd make Evade Lancing work in live action.

Not enough lewd?

>that episode of south park where hollywood fucks up film festival after film festival towns by turning them into hollywoods

Going back to 4U after Gen is jarring as fuck.

>being a scalie

Apparently they are reporting billion dollar losses and are bleeding money

>not wanting to fuck Rathian

What are you, gay?

>tfw someone saved my gif

...REALIZES HE COULD JUST BUY THE DAMN MONSTER PART...

A small village is having issues with nuisance critters. The men of that village are able to handle them until a great jaggi shows up. The villagers pool their resources to hire a mildy experienced hunter. When he arrives he shops in town for supplies. He then meets a young boy who wants to someday become a hunter. After much begging the hunter reluctantly agrees to take him along as support. The boy is given arrows laced with [insert poisonous monster] venom. They leave the village and eventually track down the jaggi. Cue fight scene where the boy creates an opening for the hunter by tagging the jaggi with an arrow. After the hunter deals the final blow, they head back to town to get a cart and dispose of the carcass. They arrive in horror when they see a jho eating the remains. Cue chase scene. The hunter doesn't want to lead the jho back to the village so he tells the boy to separate and warn the town while he loses the beast. He gets away by reluctantly using an expensive and difficult to come by, flash bomb. He returns to the village which is now anarchy. People are rushing to take what they can and leave. The hunter manages to calm the town with an optimistic speech and call a meeting. In this meeting he explains that the Deviljho's nomadic tendencies are likely what caused their village to be invaded by other creatures who were also being pushed out of their environment. The village works with the hunter to repel the jho. Cue fight scene between hunter with full village support. The hunter manages to wound the beast but is unable to deal a killing blow. Deus ex machina produces an iconic monster to swoop in and save the day. The hunter gets promoted in the end and the boy, by recommendation of the hunter begins his guild training.

nothing is more satisfying than landing a perfectly sniped lvl3 charge.maybe a spinning golf swing

>live action
either western CGI or full animu or don't even bother

A spinning golf swing that KO's the monster into a perfectly sniped Lv3 charge.

Shame I've only done something like that with a friend once in the time I've played.

A veteran hunter trains three novices to replace the team he lost and take revenge on the elder dragon that killed his team/destroyed his village.

Cha-cha for comic relief.

Do I buy Gen or 4U?! Or just keep playing 3U?
Is Gen a bad MH game?

A three hour documentary on the exploits of the pickle throughout the seasons complete with David Attenborough voiceover

>David Attenborough narration

My brother

It would be like Hollywood's version of Godzilla, but with the MH roster.

Bring back Lao Shan

>Using any style other than Guild.

It's what you've earned, you faithless pile of filth.

Featuring Nolan north as tigrex

>tfw no MH on console everagain

Adaption of an existing story and village or a brand new elder dragon and village, etc etc. It ain't hard to guess son.

maybe it'll be both, personally I'd like to see pokke village and movie exclusive elder dragon, though ending at Tigrex or G rank Daora would be cool

answer me, now

Monster screentime >5 minutes

I would focus it more on the original game. No monster too crazy, maybe adding Lao and Fatalis.

>everytime a monster appears the screen goes horribly shaky and rapidly moves from left to right

In a perfect world it would be a Walking With Dinosaurs style BBC documentary with a Robert Attenborough-esque narrator showcasing the giant monsters' lives in the wild.

I use Guild GS for the most part, actually. Fuck Aerial, fuck Adept.

The unlocked framerate and visual/responsive differences between each game's UI are the most jarring.

Gen's cool. Just remember that some of your favorite monsters may not be in, and there's no G rank. However, 3 new styles apart from Guild and hunter arts are interesting.

Well they never even announced any MH at TGS which is quite annoying. Get Generations and skip 4U.

Get MH4U

Styles/arts are a novelty

I kinda enjoyed how Gen had all the town hubs too. Good seeing Yukumo again

>Extra episode documenting the efforts and adventures the felyne camera crew went through to get the video

monsters aren't sentient, even the dragons in-game.
He is a straight up animal fucker

Alright, fuck it. I'm getting Gen and skipping 4U.
Thank you for your valued suggestion, user.

All monsters are sentient.
None are sapient, except maybe Nakarkos the smart squid.

Though I consider 4U a better game than Gen, the most important aspect of the games is always how active the online scene is. Always go with the latest game simply because it's the one with people.

uhhhhhh
now I'm unsure. I want a better game not better online.
FUCK. I hate making decisions.

90 minutes gathering stuff
10 minutes crafting
10 minutes fighting

The true MH experience

You do not want to play solo high rank.
You do NOT want to play solo G-rank.

Just get 4U.
It has more content via G-rank and styles are dumb. The online is still active, it just has less people now because of gen coming out.

>You do not want to play solo high rank.
Solo high rank is fucking easy mate. Dont be a carry.
>You do NOT want to play solo G-rank.
Its not like online is fucking gone, theres still plenty of people on 4U online. And besides, its not impossible to solo G-rank, even if it is quite difficult.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who might be keen for hunting in MH4U.

Hell, some people still play MH3U online.

>someone waiting at the camp for the carves

strawpoll.me/11258675

They could just straight up copy Tri's story. Of course I don't know how they'll manage to get all that hunting done in 2 hours.

guys I need HELP

I noticed that since raw damage isn't multiplied in GEN, it's noticeable the huge difference in different damage values between weapons

I switched from GL to SnS recently and made the rathalos SnS then upgraded it (130damage 25 fire)
then made the gendrome sns and upgraded it (80 damage 24 paralysis)
I can't upgrade these two (iirc) until HR

is the 50 damage difference justified because you can use bombs when paralyzed? or is it just a shit weapon?

yes, 10 true raw on-wards is actually a noticeable difference in damage

If they wanted to be faithful to the games, the protagonist would spend an hour to kill the same monster 8 times waiting for a certain type of bone to drop, then the next hour is killing a different type of monster 8 times.

Gendrome SnS is pretty shit until you get to Deathprize.

Gendrome SnS is pretty strong early on for how early you can get it. One of the best weapons to make at the start of the game. Later on it's still good but not as strong as other weapons... just that the paralysis helps a lot in groups.

thanks anons
I finished village 6* and started trying SnS so that's why I feel gendrome sns is really weak

The movie opens with a few miners mining ore on a mountainside, when suddenly a Rathalos swoops down and attacks them, right as the Rath is about to blow them away with a fireball, a bright flash stuns the monster and four hunters appear, the protaganist (GS user) his bumbling comedy relief sidekick (SnS user) his brown, strong, needs-no-man love interest (Hammer user) and the distant, calculating, but loyal friend (Bow user)

Together they slay the Rathalos, and the protagonist carves off a particularly shiny scale from the tail, and holds it up to the sun before the camera pans up over the landscape showing a large field filled with monsters etc.

The plot is just generic fucking "village attacked by SUPER TUFF MONSTER and you're the only one's who can stop it for some reason" schlock.

It'll bomb hard, screencap this post.

>bunch of shit talkiong friends that are vet. hunters
>bar fed up with their tall tales and stretching the truth so they challenged with a quest or 2
>whilse braging back at the bar over how easy it/they were some stranger talkes to them about (insert come vage mystical shit here)
this percs up the hunters intrests so they go for the quest
>they find tha the quest leads them to an ice cave and they didnt bring hot drinks/the right clothes
>suddenly the ground opens up and they find them selfs in a gigi breeding ground and they get rapped and forced to give birth for the rest of their lives the end

We truly were the Monster Hunters

The real question is if Best Monster will be in the film

>nibelsnarf
>best
>or even good

user, are you ok?

Yes user, Rathalos will be in the film.

I think Monster Hunter is too japanese to appeal to most people outside of Japan.

Sure weebs like it but watch any normal person react to the dance number in MHGen and watch them throw the ds away in shame.

I dunno, a lot of Cred Forumsirgins got thrown off by it

Monster Hunter is too weeb even for Cred Forums.

>Rath is the main monster of the movie
>the entire movie is preparing for a Rath fight and everyone says it's such a massive threat
>at the end they come up with some crazy strategy that includes cliff diving and balistas when they coulda just used flash bombs

please qualify ranged weapons

LBG: ????????????????
HBG: ????????????????
bow: ????????????????

So how will you anons react to a cameo of a French insect glaive user that is badly beaten getting brought back into the village in the cart.
>the cart just happens to pass by the Protag
>Protag says to himself that he wouldn't want to meet the monster he fought.
>One of the cart felynes hears him and tells him it wasn't just one monster.
>Protag nearly shits himself and asks how many monsters.
>the felyne just says "Like about 2 Jaggi and a Jaggia. It's really purrthetic."
>faint "Pardon" can be heard from the cart

The stupid loli dance isn't really indicative of the games themselves, though.

>faint "Pardon" can be heard from the cart
Excellent

It sort of is though.
The small cat people also are a problem. And the armor designs.

yfw the monsters designs don't match up to the game.

It's coming along with that Metal Gear movie, Castlevania movie, Gears of War movie, Uncharted movie and Halo TV show.

No, it really isn't. The game is hunting and gathering shit, not dancing to weeb music.
The shitty cat loli dancing in the end of Gen is just a silly cutscene. It has no bearing on the actual game.
As for the cats, at least Gen allows customizations, so it's not completely shit this time around. All we need now is to have them finally shut the fuck up and not make noises during hunts, and we'd be golden.

>Rath is built up as the big bad from the start
>suddenly bigger evil appears (elder dragon)
>Rath swoops in at the last second to save the crew from a life-or-death situation
>after the bigger bad is slain, he makes a snarky comment and rides off into the sunset on a jho

>No, it really isn't. The game is hunting and gathering shit, not dancing to weeb music.
The overall tone doesn't clash with the cat loli music video though.
It doesn't represent the gameplay but it does represent the tone very well.
Also its not about how customizable the cat people are.
It is that there are fucking cat people.

Are you so far gone that you honestly can't imagine someone not weeb looking at that as typical weeb shit? Like a parody of japanese media were some kind of animal is always the mascot and just randomly knows how to talk?

At least the cats look like cats.
Then there's that faggot from Stories who is the most anime looking mascot ever. That, I'd understand people thinking is "too weeb" or whatever.
Normal MH hasn't yet reached that level.

Alright, starting MH3U Solo now! Wish me luck, anons!
>tfw no friend with a Wii U you co-op with!
It hurts...

>implying Jho would let some faggot Rath ride him.
REMOVE RATHS

>At least the cats look like cats.
They are humanoid though

Are we talking about the same cats here?
Or where do you life were cats look like that?

Honestly I don't want don't want to shit on Monster Hunter. I love it. But you seem to be in denial about how weeb these games actually are.

I got a pellet up +5 000 yesterday

What should I do with it?

I've been seeing Jho attack other monsters more often in Gen than in 4U, where it pretty much just ignored the other monster and targeted you like usual.

>comparing the Palicoes to the Stories 'cat'
You're the delusional one, senpai
I don't even know how you can argue a point like that

I never said the games weren't anime or weeb. I'm saying they're not that big a deal.

Palicos are humanoid nigga
Who the fuck is talking about stories?

Which is the best/most active monster hunter for 3ds?

why does capcom make the small monsters as annoying as possible?

The one you replied to you literal mongoloid

Trash it
Or put good skills into the slots
Pellet up is a waste, because pellet shot is garbage

Revive the Aerial Pellet HBG
Become the most blacklisted hunter to walk this earth

i don't know, monster hunter one was pretty popular back in the day

actually, now that i think about it i can't remember anyone else playing it but im sure people did

So why the fuck did you reply to me as if I made that comparison you mouth breather?

>best
4U
>most active
Gen
4U is still active, though, its pretty easy to get a good room going.

It's just the -dromes.

Literally every monster that ends with "drome" are fucking dogshit monsters that never need to come back. Especially the Io, Veloci, and Gen. They are all awful and invalidated by all the -ggis being infinitely superior in every way imaginable.

What are you saying, user?
You don't like being interrupted every 5 seconds?

They didn't really, they've been mostly harmless after MH2 outside Bullfangos and Rhenoplos. In gen they made every small monster more prone to attack to make them a threat again.

the genprey bugs bullfango etc are all designed to be annoying as possible, they're aggressive as fuck, there's a shot ton of them and they infinitely respawn

all they do is hit you from behind and either give you a status effect or knock you away

I don't think dromes count as small monsters. I think you meant Preys.
Also Bullfangos and Rhenoplos are way more annoying.

What makes 4u>gen?

Just got a 3ds (well 2ds actually because it felt better in my hands), haven't played mh since wii, want to get back into it

>kill all 5 of them in the area
>4 of them immediately dig their way out of hell

>What makes 4u>gen?
More content.

Less gathering quests and less kill 50! fucking bnahabra quests.

It has a g-rank.

Bullfango's range of sight is so low in this game it's never really been a real nuisance for me. In fact it's been a real bro knocking me out of harm's way and taking the hit for me the few times it's actually seen me.

Fuck everything else though. Jaggis and Preys are at their worst in this game and insist on biting you when you're sharpening.

Have they gone too far?

word

4u it is i guess, its also cheaper so im totally fine with that

Now just need to figure out whether to buy DQ7 or MH4u first

better opening quests/better paced opening
G rank, though some will argue the Deviants from Gen fill that slot. These people are wrong, because it's only like 12 monsters that are Deviants, so not that big a deal.
Some will argue 4U's village mode's story is worth it, some will argue it makes the game worse. Either way, it at least has a jusitifcation for why the hunter moves around so much, whereas Gen is just "do things for all these villages just because."

Wait is that a rathalos poisoning a nargacuga with his tail?

That's not Rathian...

Also Gen is a fanservice anniversary game. If you are just getting into Monster Hunter it would be the worst entry.

We want the Pokemon audience

If you want a better game stick with 3U, underwater beats mounting and arts every day

Oh, you want a monster that will go out of its way to target you?
Well then, enjoy.

>G rank

can someone explain this? As i said, its been a while since i last played mh and i smoke pot alot

Nah, i played mh1 like a madman on ps2, and the one on wii as well.

Haven't played any of the handhelds though, so think 4u would probably be good to start with and eventually move to Gen when online dies

Blame Jerry the intern.
It's always his fault for every shitty inconsistency in every game. Jerry is such a lazy asshole.

>Rathalos
>Doing a poison tail flip

What the fuck is going on here?

This asshole hasn't been too bad in this game actually. The only place it's been a pain to me is that large sloped area in Volcanic Hollow where all the lava is.

Fucking stoner hunters, don't even remind me

>Gogmazios
>20 minutes in of hardcore sweaty fighting due to already shit equipment team
>Some mediocre guy suddenly carts three times in a row
>"Lol you guys I got so stoned XDDD"

I guess some fanservice would not fly over your head then. Like seeing Kokoto Village and the villagers and the characters from tri.

I don't smoke before i play, my memories just shit

It is just a rank higher than high rank.

ah gotcha

Id rather understand it all if possible. I think the ship has sailed on me playing mh2, but feel like i should at least catch up on the earlier 3ds titles before playing gen

I hope you realize every game since P3rd had a kill 50 Bnahabra quest.

>G rank, though some will argue the Deviants from Gen fill that slot.
No, nobody does. People argue that Hypers do that.

>A large amount of plot shit
>hunting some monsters
>one fag has introspect on monsters by stumbling upon dead monsters babies
>perhaps we are the monsters being hunted lel
>big bad monster appears and threatens town
>have to defend town
>battle is looking grim but monster babies secretly cared for by fag hunter come to help as grown monsters
>monster is kill
>life lesson about getting along with nature
>turbo autist fans riot

I can see it now.

I would recomend you don't play 3U on the 3DS. If you have a WiiU, get it for that. The 3DS doesn't really work well with the underwater stuff, at least in my opinion.

>Id rather understand it all if possible.
Good luck. Then you need to go back and play Freedom Unite and P3rd.
I mean the PSP emulator is really good so playing them shouldn't be too hard but they have aged quite a lot by now.

I'm trying to get into Monster Hunter, lads
Is the online for 4U still active?

I don't own a wiiU

Or even a wii anymore

Had to sell all my consoles because im moving across country and can only really do the portable game until i plant new roots

I also didn't even see 3U at the store, how long ago did it come out for 3ds?

I love this suggestion

Oh i forgot about that, I played the psp monster hunters

Freedom unite and freedom 2 if i remember correctly, felt like i really hated one of them...

Why the fuck was there no Gronk?

>he goes into a thread and reads literally nothing before posting a question
Off yourself

Hopefully MH5U will have that Fistarang and Beast Master weapons in it.

>Monster Hunter: the tv show
>every episode is based on one monster, seeing how it behaves in the wild, discussing its abilities and special properties, how it defends itself, etc
>the narrator is an old wyverian guildmaster
>he also gives little tips for when hunters fight the monsters, such as flash bomb Rathalos to force him to fall to the ground, bring pickaxes to mine Basarios' back, etc
>the camera crew is Felynes, and they're scared shitless every time they need to go collect footage
>one hunter (probably a rookie) will be tasked with guarding the camera crew
>end of every episode is showing the hunter bringing in the dead monster and trying to haggle with the guild gals for higher payments due to also being a bodyguard, as well as showing him trying on armor/weapons made from said monster

So, it'd be a MH Stories movie then, not a MH movie.

Capcom will never make it real

Rick Juarez Hunter a Chicana transman born to xer two lesbian immigrant parents gets sucked into a world of monsters.

There they find out they have super strength to carry ridiculous weapons and must defeat Rathalos because it probably did something I dont know.

>Jesus christ Hunter, you're a monster.

SPINOFF GAME

I would like a beast master weapon although I think a ranged weapon would fit better with a pet.
So maybe a one handed bowgun still using bowgun ammo combined with a pet.

Hunt monsters?

Why not? Supposedly the Insect Glaive was also a very old concept.

its not the pot

you're just dumb

/r/ing the image of pink rathalos

Is the twist that the Cis hunters who looked down on xir were the real monsters all along?

Itd be both, to shill both.

Plus this is hollywood we're talking about. They always have to bring in some liberalism.

At least the Fistarang had its moves all buttoned out.
>throw giant boomerangs at monsters
>punch boomerang back at it multiple times like youre playing pong with his face
Best weapon.

well at least im not a faggot

No the cis hunters were all actually really nice except for one token asshole to show that even in the world of monster hunter trannies are looked down upon.

By all I mean 1.

Well, judging by this article you'll have one on a sony console soon.

New gunner weapon when? Stop making new blademaster weapons every new generation and fucking give me a new gunner weapon. Capcom, please

Belichek felt they would keep resting his hamstring and with no Brady, there was no point.

Hawk + Rifle or Dog + Rifle when? We need a true hunter's weapon

How to train your Rathalos
there
fuck it up familio

SJW undertones incoming

>RAAAATHIAN INCOMING
>WATCH OUT FOR HIS TAIL
>WHOOOOOA AY YO HOL UP
>Did you just HIS tail? It's a her you shitlord. Learn their pronouns you bigot

>using gender locked pronouns instead of xir or xe

>Transrathians

Wait a minute...

SHIIIIIT

>First hour and a half is the MC running around gathering herbs and mushrooms.

It will be set in modern times with teenage actors fighting these magical creatures that came out of nowhere and have so save the world!

pretty sure it's what hollywood would do

More like the first 5 minutes is someone hunting a monster and for the rest hour and half something that's got nothing to do with monster hunter

Keep on trucking vita-poster.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Jf7eGSaRnvNrp3T7N_cP3g/

Scene:

Hunters hall, the one from 3, where it's all loud and rowdy with people

>3 hunters, two: the MC and love interest/sidekick, are gathering one more for a party to hunt the vaunted Lagiacrus
>One of the party members says he'll call a companion to be their 4th
>The companion walks up with his heavy armor and gunlance slung on back
>The MC and love interest/sidekick glance at each other
>Moments later the heavy armor clad man disappears
>Then so does the original third member of the party who called the man over

Shits fun. I've soloed over 700 hours of 3U.

Hahaha oh wow

>following that scene has the two hunters gearing up for a hunt and some random hunter in a hideous clownsuit runs up to the guild girls and start yelling at them in broken English.
>He then runs up to the two hunters screaming "HELP W/ URG PLZ" before getting thrown out of the hunter's hall by the protagonist.

Just fought my first plesioth ever.
That was not a good time.

>HURRRRRR DONT MIND ME, JUST GOING TO FUCKING INFINITELY RESPAWN AND ALSO BE HYPER AGRESSIVE
>ALSO OUR DROME VERSION HAS A LUDICROUS HP BLOAT FOR SOME REASON

>They find 2 hunters willing to help
>During the hunt one hunter keeps knocking everyone over swinging his sword around
>The other gets knocked unconscious by the monster but is somehow still able to yell at everyone about how they're so shit at hunting and it's their fault they got ko'd

>teenage actors
Don't you mean 20 or 30-somethings pretending to be in their teens?

plessy was meant to be gunned down

in FU you can just stay in front of it and unload all your ammo while it spams the water jet

2013 I think. I'd have to double check though

No fun allowed detected

>Ryozo denies the use of MH in any other capcom vidya to not ruin his vision of the series
>lends the rights to hollywood to let it butcher the entire universe in 2 hours of film

Who understands that little japanese man?

>plessy was meant to be gunned down

This.

With the umbrella LBG its 5 to 0 minutes depending how good you are at positioning

>before getting thrown out
youtube.com/watch?v=qvJeATp31dw

Honestly, this idea would be better suited as a TV series than one movie. Just follow the adventures of a young hunter trying to make it on his own with the Monster of the Week. The plot for MH4U would be perfect for this.

He wants to jerk off to Rathalos in top tier Hollywood HD CGI

Fuck him and fuck Raths

The main thing is that they won't allow a generic hunter to be used because it represents the player. I'm sure if MvC asked for a Rathalos or Felyne, they'd have allowed it.

Alternately you could just exploit that enormous blind spot on his hipcheck. That's how I used to do naked runs (Not Heroics though, those feet hurt)

What, it's actually happening? Paul WS Andersen?

We already had a manga like that and it was shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

>it was shit.
if I made a youtube series about MH following that structure how long would it take capcom to axe me?

Probably similar to Tri's story

>"Oh hunters there's this big bad monster fucking everything up! Do something!"
>Hunters track and kill big bad with foreshadowing of something worse
>"Oh hunters, turns out we were wrong and there's a bigger, badder, monster doing the fucking up!"
>Bigger monster appears and fucks up entire village or something
>Big fight
>Ending scene is villagers parading back huge monster parts and rebuilding village out of it while MC and Love-interest finally admit wanting to fuck and they make out
>Roll credits
>After credit scene of hunters finding baby monster and adopting it.

You're thinking of Nintendo/Square. Capcom doesn't give a fuck.

They found a romhack of Mega Man and Street Fighter and was like "lel wouldn't it be funny if we made it official"

They found a Chinese ripoff of Monster Hunter and hired them to do actual Monster Hunter. And it was also shit

>bass faster than sonic

>his hipcheck

nigga, his hipcheck is what made me a gunner back if FU. I don't want to be anywhere near him

>actually happening
Yes, user, just like the Metroid movie, the Megaman movie, the Castlevania movie, etc.
This is just one more piece of trash on the pile of garbage that is vidya movies. It will be thrown into development hell so long, people will start to wonder if it was ever a thing to begin with. Hell, just go take a look at the list of vidya movies that are currently in that hell. There's so damn many. And it really all boils down to the simple fact that movies can never adapt a video game in any worthwhile fashion.
I mean fuck, look at how shitty the Resident Evil movies are. None of the actualy cast from the games has any relation to their in-game counterparts, and the original character of Alice is so forced into the plot, it makes a huge mess of everything.

None of the actual cast from the movies, I mean.
Don't type while low on sleep, you make bad mistakes.

Same plot as the D&D movie with monsters. But intead of a funny blackman we get cg cat with cat puns! Or have a midget in a cat suit.

>pirate J stuff locked behind Hyper Lavasioth
This shit ain't fun to solo. At least Plesioth is easy to keep a good distance from. This faggot is so huge and the 2 areas he hangs out in are so small it can easily get its ass over to you in an instant. I can do it with GL but even then so many of its moves cause chip damage through Guard +2.

>midget in a cat suit
I call him...mini meow

the problem with vidya movies is that for them to work everyone involved in the creation of it must have beat the games.

Most times you get a screenwriter who plays the game for a couple days and then bases everything on that game time

At least it's not a hyper garuga

I'd help but my gunner armor is LR narga.

>Hell, just go take a look at the list of vidya movies that are currently in that hell.
Holy shit, I didn't realized there were so many, I remember a halo movie being confirmed around Halo 2 times. I completely forgot about it. Also, there's a Tetris movie "in development" what the Fuck would that be like?

Well, Mario is the simplest thing in the world, and yet look how that movie turned out.
I'm not saying you're wrong, though. I actually agree with you. But then, since when has Hollywood ever cared about their adaptations being super close to the source material?

I have more fun with Garuga, at least that's a more dynamic battle with generally more spacing. Helps that I already grinded on the frenzied Garuga back in 4U so I'm used to what it can do.

To be fair, don't Rathalos have poisoned Tails too?

I think the only reasons Rathalos doesn't do the tail flip is he mastered the bullshit homing claw

Nope, just poison talons, not tails.

no, only Rathian. Rathalos don't have the toxic spikes that rathian does on it's tail

>tfw finally tasted what it feels like to play MH with my friends over voice chat
I feel like I've been missing out big time

I almost died when one of them lost all his health because purple gypceros used flash bangs 8 times in a row when he was standing on a poison puddle in FU. Wish I had friends to play the newer games with.

MH stories has some sort of breeding system

You use your rathalos to teach fireball to a lagombi and stuff like that

The real question is why are you soloing a buffed hyper monster.

-ians have the poison tails, -alos has the claws of toxicity.

The absolute madmen.

I managed to solo it with wide GL before, but that's the only weapon I can solo that Hyper Lava with and I'm not going to bring that online anytime soon. I'd probably cart if I tried to use HBG or SA.

Aerial SA is easymode though.

>monster hunter movie made by hollywood
lel

You have to do like me and leave the pain of meleeing it to other players. The Metroid LBG in multiplayer makes short work of Lavasioth.

the worst part of it all is that all the MH fans can see how the franchise has the potential to become an amazing movie of mass appeal but Hollywood will butcher everything. I still can't get over the last airbender

Well Charge Blade is kinda hard just ignore it
>after 400 hunts
Ok I am bored might as well
>after 10 minutes
I AM FUCKING INVINCIBLE

Incidentally my pierce HBG set does come with Element Atk Up and Mizu HBG has a good amount of internal water pierce ammo + capacity for water shots. I guess that could work for online.

>an amazing movie of mass appeal
>a game about mindlessly farming giant monsters with friends and oversized weapons for shits and giggles

yup, sounds like perfect movie material. Have a cast of characters training and hunting easy shit first act, encounter badass monster who kills or injures one of them second act. Then they train up and defeat it in third act.

I dont know, i think the lack of heavy narrative and character in MH games kind of lends itself to creative freedom for a movie adaptation.

>Aha, hey guys, Raizex sounds amazing
>JK he's Astalos now :^)

I wish nothing but death on the Localization team

Their reasoning was Rai-sects = insects so they thought it sounded lame

At least we did not get Dino Waldo

That makes sense tho since he's like a lightning bug wyvern.

Glaive Anus isn't that much better

I'm glad the localization team gives job opportunity to the mentally imparied.
Keep up the good fight!

I honestly think that Monster Hunter has a really interesting world and could make a pretty neato movie if done right.

I don't hold high hopes though. Especially given how hard the game tries to hide this from you.

4 fresh out the gate hunters spend 45 minutes trying to hunt a great jaggi.

then a jho shows up and eats them

the world itself is enough to charm people. they will fuck everything up with characters though

youtube.com/watch?v=cCF1ZAzryOg
youtube.com/watch?v=mS1gFCppUyQ
Look at all the fun shit they can use for the movie

A party of 4 cute girl hunters acting all genki and excited go out for their first hunt and they promptly get slaughtered

people dont die in monster hunter

they cart

>yfw the entire movie is spoken in wyverian

But Dinovaldo > Glavenus.

Mm, I can see some personal Hunter motivations coming into play.

Start off with the first scene being some kind of monster wreaking havoc on a village, shadowed, only glimpses of it killing and eating tamed gargwa and aptonoth and getting into the food stash, then leaving as quick as it came. Marked by some kind of scar on its eye. The recently-assigned rookie hunter can't do shit.

The Guild assigns an amateur but not completely green hunter that's been looking for a monster with a scarred eye in particular due to having history with it, but he's used to hunting in groups and since his old band disbanded, he has to train together with a relatively new rookie from the village. A retired huntress decides to pick up her old bowgun and join them. They start off with some gathering missions to help replenish the lost supplies, get some eggs to raise new tamed monsters, while chattering to each other the while time. The rookie's off trying to punch some jaggis and bugs in the dicks in the background, when the scarred monster comes charging through.

Cue flashback to how the amateur hunter's village was totally ruined. Show the injured but don't show the dead. He gets angry. Tries to face off against it on its own. Slapped aside. Retired huntress notices it's got recent cuts and wounds all over. Amateur insists on hunting it down, but Retired mentions that the rookie disappeared in all the commotion, and they try to find him, and she mentions that while it did certainly have a scarred eye, it was on the wrong side. No matter, Amateur's here for that one, for sure. They find it dead, with another, much more experienced-looking hunter standing over it. Amateur's prey has been taken. He gets angry and tries to start shit with experienced hunter, but he kicks into step and knocks out Amateur with a greatsword sideslap to the face.

When he wakes up, it's explained that he was tailing a different monster, and just happened across the beast.

..something like that.

Leave it to Disney, a princess gets transformed into a Rathian and is saved by a hunter. An evil hunter appears and tries to hunt her, in the end a Rathalos cones and eats him. Rath princess flies away with Rathalos to be cucked by Seregios in the sequel

>Hurr Tamamitsune is too hard for people, call it Mizutsune instead

I don't understand the reasoning behind localization sometimes

They are fucking retarded honestly

Main characters get stuck in a cave in the middle of the movie, when a creepy Khezu ambushes them and they get frightened but turns out Khezu's a friendly jolly old guy who breaks into the obligatory Disney acid trip song sequence.

Rathalos comes*

The more that gets changed, the more they get paid. Because it's trusted that they're doing it in the interest of making it more appealing for the new region. It's "understood" that since it was originally in Japanese, a straight translation will be either awkward or just make no sense in the new culture, so they have it "local"ized.

The localizers have lost their sense of how far they should or shouldn't go and the execs really don't give a shit because they've got full faith in the localizers.

The only thing anyone wants is a faithful translation, with things rooted in cultural differences (jokes, references, memes) being reworked or replaced with equivalent things ONLY AS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. But nobody understands that. Actually, no, I'm sure there's people that do understand that, but at this point they're so rooted that it would take more trouble to clean up the act than simply continue forward as is.

Well, that's not to say all localization is bad. Some localizations greatly improve on the source material. Kid Icarus: Uprising, for instance. But even so, the exceptions are just those.

honestly think they could tackle some of the more hidden undertones of MH. They could focus on, or at least have a scene about a group of hunters that use blunt weapons to exhaust monsters to the point that they can have sex with them.

I'm ok with localization teams that go just a little retarded (Gen's team) but not when they go full retard like Treehouse's latest "masterpieces"

user, vagina bones are offensive and so was that hotsprings dlc.
So were the scrambles too.

I say this unironically, if it's an American movie then Gogmazios as final surprise villain would be perfect.

Directed by Michael bay

everyone uses gunlances

I imagined something like Red Death from How to Train Your Dragon.

Why do faggots name their hunters shit like "Shadow," "BLADE" or "Panda?"
What's wrong with sensible names? Why do fags feel the need to use retarded shit instead of coming up with real names?
Fucking hell, there is someone in my 4U room who named himself "Breakfast."

Some people are bad at names.

"Panda" reminds me of "Bear"...

>not breaking your fast with a weeb edgelord panda

I prefer hunting with XxBl4ckSh4d0wxX than any assortment of "alex".

i think peoples titles are funnier. Shit like "Self-Serving Dragon Slayer"

So fucking badass.

I made mine "Underage but Piper"