Is it just me or games suck?

Anyone else have this problem
I think I played more games in a random year before 2009 compared to 2013-2016.

games suck i bought an xbox one nine months ago and ive got a whopping two whole games and one of them is just a compilation of old games on other systems

It's called youth user. It fades away quickly. As a NEET I play even less games than I ever have in my teens. Fuck life.

i really hope games just suck and that we're not just incapable of having fun with games anymore

>Barely anything innovative coming out
>AAA games are generic and short
>early access/kickstarter games that are never finished
>mmos ruined by p2w

I'm just replaying games from around 2000 and it's miles ahead of anything new.

Wasting all your free time on Cred Forums instead of with vidya, playing the contrarian for a cheap laugh and riding the everything-must-be-the-new-Tortanic bandwagon has made you a jaded faggot.

Same here, owning a PS4 and a Gaming PC and the only things I'm playing atm are emulated PS2 games

Play sports.

play half life 2 again

I played resident evil 4 and dead rising 1 recently and they were the best games of the year for me.
Multiplayer I play rocket league and overwatch but they are not really fullfilling.
One thing I miss about console gaming was playing with friends I met there, ever since I switched to pc I just play by myself and my friends only play like 1 or 2 games where as anyone you added on the 360 played pretty much anything.

Western ones do, yes.
Japs still deliver.

invite a couple friends over and play aoe or something, always works.

The few friends I have don't enjoy a large variety of games so I'm fucked. I just miss playing online everyday with 360 friends. Be it a random game like gears of war or some xbla game.

>all new games are shit
>here play this shitty old game again.
Half life is (and was) shit. There's a reason why they didn't do HL3. I'm actually surprised they ever had the courage to make HL2.

It's you.

Depends on what games you're playing. Due to real life, I had no time to play games in 2011 but I just finished Deus Ex HR last week and had a blast. Gonna revisit Burnout 3 again soon. Most of the game's I'm playing are from at least 5 years ago and I have way more fun than with modern AAA games today.

this.

fuck

The problem is just with new games. I can go back two and a half decades and find a 'new' game to enjoy, but I can't find anything worth playing made in the past 7 years.

People try to play the "le smarter than you man" game, but the reality is game mechanics have declined and become more simple since the mid 2000s.

2006 truly was the last good year, and that's not even with nostalgia goggles, it's a simple fact.

I'll bite
t.
guy who did not play HL2.
The reason they don't make HL3 is that they as well as the entire fucking industry cannot possibly hope to ever top the example that was HL2.
HL2 was absolutely more innovative than HL1 in almost every way.
The only cryticism anyone can ever think off would be the bag of shit that was steam that had to handicap the game to the point beyond forgiveness.

games had that "cool" factor, moved your imagination

now its just bland go there pick up this wow you picked it up shoot go there

This
Also playing genres you never touched helps

I just beat hl2 for the first time and you are wrong.
Even without the great story the game is fun as fuck and feels great to play even today.

You are depressed, start having cold showers asap. I always feel like gaming after a cold shower.

I'm just replaying everything on my CRT and N64. Single player games were actually challenging and the response time of the controls is noticeable..

>great story
It's just a generic alien invasion / dystopia story.

This.

I miss playing gears online with 360 friends after work.

but it has climate and shit, ints not generic at all

I cant play vidya for as long as I used too. Problem is I dont have anything else to do with my life. All my friends are normies so they are barely on anymore.

Which is 100000x better than WHERES MUH BABY aw feels train

>the half life is shit meme

This will never catch on and become a thing. It simply isn't true

It's called retaining hopes and standards in a industry that threw them away for money from casuals and nongamers/nugamers.

That's as tl;dr as i can make it. Incoming flood of nugamer casuals or oldfags who threw away their standards.

It has great characters and the right amount of story where let's say a shitty story like Assasin's Creed gives you hours and hours of exposition for something lame and in Half life you just see it happening.

The generation of casuals who never visited an arcade.

The generation of casuals who actually spent time and money on fbook or mobile games.

The generation

Nah you're just a depressed frogshit.

There are definitely worth while games out there, if you don't like any you're probably burnt out. Get a job or something idk man

Meh. I think its the games that has been coming out. Nothing new and all of it boring. The last game that made me actually exited was Fallout 4. And that was a bit of a let down

No this gen just fucking sucks, 6th gen really spoiled us

most of the time i am on Cred Forums or Cred Forums in general instead of playing games. this place is really addicting, i haven't been able to stay away from this site for long periods of time ever since i've been on it, but i'm on it more than i was when i was younger and post a lot more often.

there was a time a year or two ago where i was really gloomy and depressed. i'm not as depressed anymore but that feeling "i just dont want to play this now" still takes over sometimes. i could be playing dark souls 3, xenoblade x, or any 3ds and vita game but instead i'm here just reading through shitty threads (not yours).

i still like games and i'm really looking forward to XV, KH 2.8, Persona 5 (translated) etc. I hope to become a happier person during my life and I wish things didn't get to me so often.

All the Singleplayer games are so fucking short

Every multiplayer game tries to mask the fact it has no content or it isn't fun by having an Esports scene

>look at new graphics cards
>realize I dont even need it because nothing I play was released after 2010
>barely even getting through my 500+ game backlog
Holy shit why did I never listen to my parents. I should have just joined a youth league or something.

not your fault, there just are not that many good games coming out unfortunately

Yeah, they're terrible now. Just play older ones.
Games went off the rails and crashed and burned.

I started up Shining Force II for Genesis on a whim and played it for like 4 hours and was legitimately having a good time. I can't say that about ANY triple-A garbage I've touched recently.

>Not playing all games at higher frames and better resolution than anyone ever could.