Why aren't there any above average digimon games?

Why aren't there any above average digimon games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8vd3kSBWtQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he doesn't know about Cyber Sleuth

because it's a below average series

>digimon
>above average
one

Isn't Cyber Sluts basically just SMT for kids? Sounds alright just on that basis.

Renamon

Not enough effort goes into the games

Digimon World still shits all over most new games

We didn't have Smash on PS2 so we'd play Rumble Arena 2 and Battle Stadium DON with a multitap all day back in high school.

Because Digimon has no unified vision. The developers get to completely retool the games basically every time they make another.

It took 15 years for Bandai to make a direct tie-in to their anime.

Digital Card Battle

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

There's your above average games. Digimon RPG would be too if it was still going. I swear guys,it'd blow that piece of shit Masters out of the water ;_;

Plotwise you could say that,but there's no path making decisions for you to make and only one ending. It gets a bit dark to be just labeled "for kids" though

The weird digivolution systems are also kind of a weird thing, evolution chains end up not making any sense in 90% of the games.

>for kids

>that one storyline where you find a guy whose mind is trapped in the japanese VR internet system
>you never find his body, your private eye mentor explains that foreigners likely broke into his house and took it, and he is probably being harvested for organs now
>guy tries to log out after realising that the world his mind is trapped in isn't real
>can't

Well, he's trapped with his waifus, at least. Glass half full.

I played with the original Digimon V-pet keychains as a kid and I knew the some of the Digimon stages in those (mostly Ultimate and Mega) were mixed up here and there since the highest Digivolution stage stops at Ultimate.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out years later Extyrannomon really was a regular Ultimate Digimon and completely unaffiliated with Digitamamon. I was under the impression it was Digitamamon's Mega. Fortunately Digitamamon did get a canon Mega after all, and something that's blatantly its next stage so its guaranteed to be its Digivolution in any game where it can further evolve.

There's also that plot about Pete who is actually the ghost of a cat who was buried in rubble,constantly waiting for his owner to save him and had his conciousness become a Digimon or Arata going full Dio-tier I ABANDON MY HUMANITY JOJO and killing Dukemon

On top of there's something incredibly fucking rare in the game too for Digimon which is the humans actually acknowledging just how attractive the Digimon are. There's an NPC in the Akiba area IIRC even that wants to get dommed by one or something like that.

>Arata going full Dio and killing Dukemon
Does he say something about eating breads?

I wonder if they ever made one full of peanut butter...

>he thinks cyber sleuth is a good game
You fucking shills at the time with your daily thread tricked me into buying a pierce simulator

Because digimon is for Cred Forums

Didn't titamon become Digitamamons canon mega?

Kurata did nothing wrong.

This.

cyber sleuth was good until I looked up all the digimon available,I should have kept it a secret

It's not the most optimal list of Digimon but it works IMO

They really do need to update their roster though. Like damn,there's only like less than 20 Digimon people even want to see anyway

>Rest of or at least the rest of the appealing Olympos XII members(namely Justimon,Jupitermon+Their Bursts,Mervamon,Cerberusmon and Ceresmon Medium)

>Three Musketeers(Bellestarmon,Gundramon and MagnaKidmon

>Assorted Digimon Crusader digimon(Kinkakumon,Ginkakumon,Magnakidamon,Aegiomon,Aegiochusmon and Sanzomon)

>The Banchos who can realistically even be cut down to the additions of BanchoLilimon and Stingmon

games good until you reach the last arata fight, then it becomes fucking impossible if you dont use a specific strat and realize 90% of the cast is fucking useless

>a cat who was buried in rubble
I thought he got squished into the old computer down there and that's how he became a Digimon

Or, don't play on hard.

Cyber Sleuth was alright, just really plain and I *HATED* having to de-Digivolve shit just to raise their max levels and regrind just to get another form. The ultimate form of tedious bullshit

Which digimon are fuckable?

you'd be hard pressed to find one thats not

its one thing digimon did that pokemon did not. did it have an effect on the overall success of the franchise?

all digimon games suffer from massive amounts of grinding

Renamon. Angewomon. Angemon.

Ugh, I understand Digimon devolving is a part of the Digimon universe and they feel compelled to keep that in the games, but couldn't they do it in a way that doesn't feel like such a chore? Like if you take enough damage, you go down a form

>Like if you take enough damage, you go down a form
That would be awful

My biggest complain is that Dorugoramon wasn't in it.
I mean all the evolutions Dorugreymon had were royal knights which were only available right before the final boss.

And even then it being part of the universe is entirely relative. At first temporary digievolution was linked to the digivice and all of that shit so as to keep the monsters "moe" enough.
But the latest seasons of Digimon just throw the sense out of the window.
>I have a metal guilmon wanna be! and also a whole fucking army of other things literally in my pocket. also my two friends are entirely decortive.
>fuck you I am girl I walk around with an Mega airplane antropomorph
>NOW LET'S GO FULL FUCKING TRANSFORMERS BITCHES

>so as to keep the monsters "moe" enough.
Well, it'd be a little difficult for the gang if their Digimon pals were stuck at Champion and Ultimate.

Like how the fuck is Greymon going to get inside Datamon's pyramid thing? He's as big as a house

I think in Tamers there's a bit where Takato has trouble dealing with Growlmon being fucking huge also

I don't disagree or anything. But it is also done in very "convenient" fashions.
Like Tailmon going back to Champion form after a fight because it just so happens to be tiny enough to fit through doors with the very occassional circumstance in which it actually goes back to Salamon because they remember that, oh right, that's how it works for the rest, whoops.

I think with Gatomon they kind of fucked themselves by making her "Gatomon" as a character before becoming Kari's partner.

Like it'd be weird if she got demoted to Salamon after the audience gets used to her default being Gatomon.

You could probably argue that she defaults to Champion because she just is stronger than the others, possibly due to Myotismon's abuse and conditioning. Like she can take a beating better than the others so she has to regress to Rookie less often.

I enjoy Rumble Arena. Trying to get all characters on hard is, dare I say, fun.

World 2 and 3 on emulator with speedhack is pretty good.

World mainline is great if you enjoy vpet.

flamedramon

renamom

It can certainly be argued, yeah. But that's why the latest seasons sort of make the subject worse. With the digivice having actually nothing to do with digievolution until the second season of Fusion and digimon just evolving and fusing and just going back and forth willy-nilly thus defeating the purpose of "yeah gotta keep this around because the world works like that" behind it, and just keeping it around purposedly for the grind.

Queenchessmon

You are thinking of another game

DigiXros is just a different form of evolution made for the Xros Wars series, it doesn't like overwrite the other types of Digivolution.

Like how Spirit Evolution was exclusive to Frontier and Biomerging was exclusive to Tamers.

DigiXros is also trash so it should just stay where it is and never be brought up again.

The basic digivolution and Jogress/DNA digivolution are the throughline that exists at the core of the franchise's identity.

too bad Digimon World shits all over you in the process

Digimon cyber slut is trash
I regret every second and coin wasted in that shit

Digimon always has been and always will be a cash-grab for the Pokemon audience.

Everything about the entire series reflects this.

>there are games with soul made, ever

>mamoru hosoda will never be director for any digimon movie or featured episode again
It hurts

So in order to cashgrab the Pokémon audience, who were enjoying a monster-collecting RPG on the Game Boy

Digimon released a virtual-pet series spun off from Tamagotchi, wherein you raise a single monster.

>A monster collecting RPG
>type strength and weakness system
>evolution of the monsters is reliant on trainer stats
>a story of two worlds intertwined
>subtle good/evil heaven/hell references
>wide range of monster designs

But oh wait it's digimon. Like digimon has always had some really good elements for a game but they always seem to fuck it up somehow. Forced humor, retarded scenarios, uninteresting characters, horrible writing, bad voice overs, etc etc...

>watching the dub

Hey maybe that's part of the problem. Only a tiny fraction of the audience sees or could even understand the non-shit version.

So it looks like shit unless you look really, really into it.

Any digimon is fuckable if you're brave enough.

>Not on PC
They're fucking Digimon
They live inside a fucking computer.

Dude that Cyber Sloth game got super hot humanoid phone or something. Never played but that sounds hot

ehy digimon the movie was great
youtube.com/watch?v=H8vd3kSBWtQ

DORU line is best line

Agumon was my first crush

Really would have wanted to buy it on PC

>digimon are literally currents of electricity
>not subscribing to the pararell universe theory

I wouldn't blame anybody if they had to use a guide for some of the bullshit it puts you through.

I remember how some shit you know right off the bat wouldn't work because you didn't find the one digimon that tells you about it first, so you couldn't make any progress in that area until then, like the invisible bridge, the vampire mansion, the jungle, really the whole game after the initial foresf area.

Raising a digimon and having it kick everythings ass, especially in the arena, was pretty cool though. Until it "dies" and you gotta start from scratch again.

I recently played through Digimon World DS.
The "writing" made me kill myself 3 times now I haunt Digimon World Dusk where they axed some time-saving things from the first one so it's a chore and I'm killing myself again sempai.

>couldn't they do it in a way that doesn't feel like such a chore?

They could but they never will.
Something you've really got to understand about the Digimon games general philosophy is that at some point they do want you to sit still and put in WORK. There's always some chore-like main mechanic in these games and they are fully intentional because soon as you get what you want you're near-done with the game as it is and the makers don't have enough time or budget to make it feel like it's not.

That movie felt pretty weird for someone who watched the mexican dub.

Guys, why is Digimon World 4 so fucking bad, like, holy shit. It's an extremely poor game

They didn't have enough Renamon

Cyber Sluts was mediocre as fuck.

>Incredibly barebones battle system
>Might was well have been translated and localized using Google Translate
>Entire game can be made trivial with 3 PlatnumSukamons
>Hard Mode just gives enemies a million turns and higher damage, making the already boring battles tedious as well
>Lackluster soundtrack with only 2 good tracks, Kuremi's Theme and the Main Theme
>Story is okay but suffers because of the shitty translation
>Devolution and stat caps make the game needlessly grindy. Seriously, it'd be soulcrushing if not for the PlatSukas

Because it's the Diablo 3 alpha version

>Lackluster soundtrack with only 2 good tracks
Nah fuck off m8