How do I make myself finish this game?

How do I make myself finish this game?
I played up to the big tank mission, which I've heard was a first wall for many players. Although I didn't quit because it was too hard, I haven't even tried it once.
I've been wanting to get into tactics/SRPG lately, and managed to finish FFT. But I'm having trouble with VC and Disgaea.
I like the setting, characters, music, art style, but I guess I'm having problems with the core gamepaly. Which is odd, because I like the classic TB/ATB JRPGs.

Scout rush

>I'm having trouble with VC and Disgaea.
>disgaea
you need higher numbers than your oponent
grind

>Big tank mission
I'm guessing you're referring to the bigass tank with Maximillian in it. Just have a bunch of Lancer's shoot the turrets and have engies resupply them before bombing the engines after they open up. You're only fucked when the Big Titty Valkyrie appears.

As for Disgaea, how far are you? I can help a lot better if I know exactly where you're stuck.

I don't have trouble getting through missions, I have trouble finding it fun.
Like, I got to the part when they tell you to go grind in the item world to progress, and it's just "throw your way to lvl 10, then fight several randomly generated generics on a randomly generated filed".
That would make it even worse. Also, hasn't it been "fixed" in the PC version, because you take twice as much damage getting caught in the crossfire because of 60 fps?

>because you take twice as much damage getting caught in the crossfire because of 60 fps
Nope. They just made it that while the aiming down sights animation plays the enemies still shoot you, so it only makes you take a little more damage.

I also find it really weird how enemies never stop shooting you during YOUR turn, until you aim down sights. That really should've only happened when you're spending your action points, and not when you're standing still.

Do it for best shock! She is counting on you, user!
The mission you are on now is mostly Shock Lancer and Engineer based, so the scoutrush meme won't work on that stage.

I got stuck at the "shoot the APC carrying the princess inside with only pistols and sub machine guns but try not to blow it up oh plus time is running out" mission on December 2015 and hasn't resumed since...

But at least I've finished VC2

easy way is to get shocks to shoot it while under demolition boost.
Rosie is the top choice but anyone that isn't a lancer or tank should do the trick.

>high school SoL: WW1 edition
How bad was it?

if you like nepshit you'll like that pile of festering shit

>You're only fucked when the Big Titty Valkyrie appears.
Not OP, but that is what made me drop the game on the PS3 and the PS4.

Get a scout next to the vent, just before throwing a grenade, I'm hit with a channeled lightning beam until I die.

You can set up three shocktroopers in the alleyway and ambush it from behind. Just have a scout/Alicia on main camp to keep a scout from capturing it.

It's easier to break than VC1.

Also, I've just remembered something. Don't you need to lose/revive soldiers to unlock some combat talents?
I play so that I don't lose anybody. Can it potentially lock me out of having the best abilities?

I stopped after that mission dont know why just got over it pretty fucking quick

>you can cheese the whole game with scout rush and orders
>only classes useful are scout and lancer
>shocktrooper, sniper and engineer are only useful on forced meme mission

god I wish this game was more like brothers in arms but with waifus.

In VC1, just using the units, then paying for an interview with the local news paper will get you their personal skill, and leveling up their class with net you their class skills.

in VC2 you need to have certain requirements met in order to get their class skills, like phoenix, the unit needs to eat shit on their turn to get that skill, and their personal skill is in a paid mission you get after using them a bunch

Killing the engines on the batomys with lancers is the hard way of doing it. You can just throw a grenade inside them and they'll blow up in one shot. You only really need lancers to take out the coaxial guns

another note on VC1, there are hidden units that get unlocked if certain units eat shit on the field.

I think it was the one with 'X' on his head, if he gets downed, his brother will join.

What's the deal with this girl? Why so do many people seem to like it?
Her stats suck, she's ugly and has terrible personality.

I bet you like susie telling you to fuck off and wasting a turn

How fucking bad are you people at games?
Took me 2 tries to beat that tank mission and I didn't even know people had trouble with it.
Later mission were actually harder for me.
And yes I've played on PC before they've fixed the 60 fps bug. I also never used scout rushing.