STILL no n3DS port

>STILL no n3DS port
God damn it, I just want to be able to play every mainline game on the same system.

>inb4 hardware limitations
They were able to port MGS3, Tales of the Abyss and DQVIII, and that's with the old 3DS hardware.

3DS hardware is pretty good, it is more powerful than PS2 that's for sure, still the conventional port won't do on this system, 3ds adaptation requires a lot of work and money.

In before they just add it to the PS2 HD Classics on PS4.

Tales of the Abyss and Xenoblade are relatively niche games and they got ported.
Meanwhile SMT hype is at an all time high with IVF and Persona 5.
If they put a couple of anime meme ads on cancer sites like crunchyroll it'll sell well.

Playing old PS2 game in high-res is fucking awful. Is it possible to switch PS4 into 480p mode?

PS4 only does HD I believe. But the classics are being rendered natively in HD so they do look pretty good.
Not sure how SMT3 would look though as it has that weird blurred look to it.

just wait for citra and you can play them all on PC

3DS is not more powerful than a PS2

>being rendered natively in HD so they do look pretty good.
No they do not, textures and models that were made and looked at by the devs in SD PS2 resolution look godawful in HD. It's like seeing how fakey rotoscoping and rear-screen projection looks in old movies on blu-ray but in case of the game you get that feeling all the time, not just in some scenes.

Reminder that DQ8 got ported to the 3DS

Why do people even play RPGs on handhelds anyway?
Is it really "comfy" to stare at a tiny screen for 60+ hours?

How so? It got more powerful and a lot more capable GPU, more powerful CPU, and a lot more memory to work with.

It kinda is, especially when you can freely move you body however you please and are not glued to TV screen. Handheld consoles are better for slow games like RPGs, big consoles are better for action games because of a lot more comfortable control setup.

>3DS
>better CPU or GPU than a PS2
Keep dreaming, nintendrone

Well, yeah that is unless you do it for 60 hours straight. Then I would suggest getting help.

Sorry but there's some contradictions in your statement.

There have been multiple ps2 and wii ports to the 3ds, new or old.
I don't understand why Nocturne would be any more difficult.

Show them to me please.

>tfw ps2 long dead and gone
>laptop can run smt3 only at 37-55fps
Hold me sempais.

All of those games had technical shortcuts just to get them on 3DS, they also ran far worse while losing effects.

MGS 3D had a huge graphical facelift, ran like shit yes, but it's because of the upgraded graphics. More straight port would ran better.

you do know that all those 3ds ports run worse than the originals did on ps2 despite running at a lower resolution and some games like tales of the abyss having worse textures on 3ds and dqviii having less stuff on the world map

Not to mention they most likely weren't ports in the normal sense and were probably rebuilt from the ground up with a new engine etc to work on a portable.

Did I miss something? SMT 1 and 2 aren't on 3DS.

A straight port would have run far worse. MGS3DS was built on the weaker Peace Walker engine, a PSP game.

Even Tales of the Abyss ran slightly worse, and had downgraded graphical effects

ive been pining for a vita port myself

Virtual Console injections on new3DS are almost perfect.

The Vita would have been such a perfect console for PS2 games if they beefed up the hardware a little before launch.
Also not giving it cancer memory cards could have helped too.
I refuse to buy a vita until either Sony matches SD card prices, releases a new system that uses SD cards or the chinks make an adapter.

Imagine playing Ace Combat 0 in bed.

Oh well, at least the 3DS turned out to be the better console overall despite being weaker.

FUCKING GIDEON