So why the hell does this series actually get so much hate...

so why the hell does this series actually get so much hate? I still don't understand what actually makes this game so much of an unpleasant gaming experience as to garner unprecedented hatred compared to pretty much every other video game ever. care to enlighten me Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irIkbTen53k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck of kotick

its popular.

>yet another shill thread

I like how fast and freely you can move around in the new games but killstreaks will always ruin it for me. Dying to an airstrike or a nuke will never be fun or feel fair.

Also, it's popular so Cred Forums has to hate it

It was only good as a WWII shooter

correction

It was only good as CoD2 and WaW, MW is overrated

The obnoxious monetization, perhaps?
It has a season pass on day one, DLC map packs, loot box microtransaction system, weapons locked behind loot boxes, premium paid skins on top of that...

On top of that, they do nothing but add more retarded killstreaks and weapons, so all the progress made balancing the previous game goes right out the window and they have to start from scratch to start balancing again.

LMAO. how is this supposed to be "shilling"?

seriously, how the fuck is someone asking for a fucking video game board to write down all of the reasons to why a certain game that has a terrible reputation is bad (which therefore implies that it shouldn't be played) shilling? if you DID write down the reasons to why it sucks so hard (which was my request in the OP, in case you have some sort of reading issue) then people would go "well, thank god i read this thread. now I can spend my hard-earned shekels somewhere else like a new fedora or a month-worth of mcdonalds instead of that shitty-ass game!"

goddammit Cred Forums.

>constant threads one after another asking why this rotten franchise is bad
>for months now
>despite CoD being legitimately one of the most cancerous franchises in the entire industry

Why is CoD trash?
Play the latest one for 5 minutes, that's why it's pure trash.

Take your Cowadooty #5179349184129837 with you to Reddit.

Black Ops 3 was shilled too with an obnoxious amount of threads.
Advanced Warfare was pushed hard too.
So was The Taken King DLC for Destiny.

Activision shills hard all their crap in here, it's not something new.
Now they are pushing Infinite Warfare with hourly threads asking
>WOW, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THIS BLACK OPS 3 RESKIN, IT'S ACTUALLY GOTY Cred Forums! PREORDER INFINITE WARFARE RIGHT NOW!

Fuck you and fuck all the Actishills.

youtube.com/watch?v=irIkbTen53k

does this look good to you? honestly..

I'm baffled that there's not a single new element compared to Black Ops 3.
It's literally the same game.

It's been the same game for 9 years. Each iteration brings ONE new mechanic to the table.

you think that cod will start getting good again after each team now has 3 years to develop their games, but somehow it keeps getting worse
how is this even possible.

>9

I can only name wallrunning, jetpacks and the character system, but that's pretty much killstreaks with another name.

when did Cred Forums start liking infinite warfare all of a sudden? Since it was revealed, there's been a lot more positive threads about this game compared to Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3.

Personally I don't see how Infinite Warfare is any better. It just looks like a reskinned BO3.

COD sci-fi expansion pack #4 advertised as a full game.

COD:MW devs left and created titanfall, and now titanfall is a better COD than COD. COD hasn't been good since they left.

bad b8

How new are you?
These threads are started by minorities in third world countries because they get paid $.50 per thread or something. You can tell when their English is broken sometimes.

I get that people shill these games but it just felt like there's way more threads for IW than I remember with past games. Maybe I just ignored it for multiple years.

It mostly started to annoy me during E3 when people initially mistook the Infinite Warfare stage demo for something like Star Citizen.

You missed the Black Ops 3 launch?
Shills went full retard.

Infinity Ward is the people who weren't invited to join Respawn, so basically you're getting a game from new Infinity Ward - the makers of such classics as COD:Ghosts and Modern Warfare 3, the worst rated games in the whole series. Then Activision is forcing people to buy this turd if they want to get access to Modern Warfare Remastered, the only COD game worth purchasing this year. I wonder why people are mad?

>it just felt like there's way more threads for IW than I remember with past games.

It's getting closer to release, and it proves how low their sales expectations are.

Expect even more threads closer to release, and threads saying how good the game is and Cred Forums was wrong and you should not trust the bad reviews and should buy it and form your own opinion after release.

because its really popular. its the #1 best shooter everytime it releases. youd expect to get a lot of hate if youre #1 at anything.

Holy shit, I stand corrected. Well I guess I'll have to hide all these threads when Infinite Warfare launches then.

They might not have high sales expectations, but they sure as fuck aren't adjusting their prices to compensate here in Australia

>Activision thinking people will pay this

>Wow, this years CALL OF DUTY™ is Packed to the Brim with Content™!
Heh, i've actually seen more and more of these posts appear about IW.

>the worst rated games in the whole series

You don't have to tell me man.
I pre-ordered ghosts.

So did I. for PS3, the shittest version. Fuck Activision

it doesn't look any different.

makes no sense that the backlash is so huge.

didn't infinity ward make modern warfare 1 and 2, like the most fucking loved CoDs by far?

>people who express positive opinions are shills

I wish people could not just try to discard opinions and try to disprove them.

Yes

Then Activision smelled money and went full Jew and all the talent left during MW2

>Yearly cashgrab
Here's your reason.

t. Actishill

you mean the pc version, that shit was actually unplayable

Most of the talent left to form Respawn Entertainment after Bobby Kottick denied them their $80m in bonuses from Modern Warfare 2.

It basically gutted the COD franchise and Activision was left scrambling to release a new yearly instalment in 2011. They pulled all the developers from Neversoft, Raven Studios, a new studio called Sledgehammer and the remnants of Infinity Ward and basically made a map pack for Modern Warfare 2 and called it Modern Warfare 3.

Then once 'Infinity Ward' had reformed with entirely new staff, they created Ghosts, which is the most hated game in the series.

The upside is we got Titanfall, due to Activision's greed. So thanks, Activision.

That's the problem, it looks exactly the same.

funny how the shill never replied you back. Like the feminists, he just questions aggressively but never provides anything by himself

Pretty much this, they strip away the game to the bare minimum then sell it for double. Bitch slap all the people who buy their games (they're stupid but still. Shitty business practices). Went from having 16 or so maps standard to 12. Less weapons and features from the previous iterations.

>trash remastered
>worth purchasing
Nice joke.
Enjoy your awesome balance of 2 legit guns, everyone running jugg / stopping power, 3x nades, martyrdom, mass camping due to slow ads speed.

Add a pinch of great modern "features" like on-screen medals for any action, content introduced in supply drops (they already have inspect animation in-game like CS:GO), degraded color palette and other cancer.

Not this year, Activision. Eat shit.

Yes when it's a game that is widely considered pure horseshit. Were you shilling for CIV VI for example, we might actually believe you

>been out of CoD for a few games
>getting the itch again
i might go back

I bought it for $15 at release and I still feel scammed.

>The upside is we got Titanfall, due to Activision's greed. So thanks, Activision.

I never played it, but I know it tanked after release (on PC), so wisely I decided to wait until the inevitable sequel which would have more mechs and content.
-Which doesn't looks so hot now either.
I read they made it slower and more easier/casual/COD like.

I'm surprised this wasn't the standard
>I haven't played this since Black Ops 1/MW but now i'm going to purchase this one for only $59.99!

>The upside is we got Titanfall
Which was half-made MP only source engine mutant with AI bots and died month after release. I played it for 100 hrs and hit gen10, it was pretty ok, but still.

Everyone lost.

And now TF2 barely looks different from TF1, they are not learning from their mistakes.

And people think MW1 is the height of the series.

It was not perfect, but COD went downhill after MW2.

You aren't even trying to be subtle.

I'm genuinely curious: How can you live with yourself? You're basically more obnoxious than the damn phone marketers.

wtf?
whats your problem faglord?
thats literally my situation
>BUT MUH SHILLS
kill yourself

This honestly.
As shit as Advanced Warfare was, I at least enjoyed it for being different. Then Treyarch stepped up and made BO3 was was actually 3DM done well (only Titanfall and BO3 have done it right in a shooter so far).
So instead of trying their own take on 3DM, Infinity Ward just copy pasted Treyarch's... and the rest of BO3 to boot. It's basically BO3 with slightly faster kill times.

Though I'll probably get it for Cod 4 remastered, my 'modern cod' experience will be BO3 until Treyarch's next game most likely (unless sledgehammer does something good).

Going with the "attack with insults" strategy I see.
How much do they pay you?

The argument against CoD is conversion with average players. Game itself is ok

Do you have that image of promoting company with most of big gaming companies in "clients"? I need that so often.

Most Call of Duty games are pretty good. However, the franchise itself is responsible for the current trends of shitty business practices like over-inflated budgets, shallow and aggressive marketing, season passes and DLC, and opening the floodgates for the 'normies'.

>most loved
BO2 is the most loved by the majority of the fanbase.
And for good reason. It was like if MW2 didn't have shitty maps and had balance worth a damn.

Yes I do, both of them. I've started collecting these not too long ago.

>Spend full price on yet another CoD game after only one year since the last one dropped
>If you don't jump ship to the new one you will have far less people to play with (especially for PC)
>After spending full price for the game you are expected to spend a large amount on DLC
>If you don't get this DLC you will have far less people to play with
>After spending a large sum of money already for the game and then almost as much on DLC
>You have to also put up with all the brand new pseudo-gambling micro transaction garbage

If people ironically think any Call of Duty after BO1 was good they are retarded, I'm not dissing them because of the new mechanics they added but rather the fact that Activision is becoming increasingly proficient at brutally raping its fanbase.

People still buy CoD.
CoD games keep getting shat out.
A neverending cycle.

>East Asia
Explains the Engrish

>Standard Cred Forums hates fun
Explains every IW thread.

A challenge to you anons: Name signigicant companies not listed here.
I can only name Valve (they outsource their shilling to fans like me. Like they do with every other fucking thing they do nowadays) and Nintendo (probably do the shilling inhouse.)

>buying DLC
Yeah, nah. I enjoyed BO3 on PC and decided to buy Season Pass first time in my life. I am not doing this mistake ever again.

First 2 dlcs had 1% playing them only on friday-sunday evenings. Last 2 dlcs have 0% players in the playlist all the time.

Cod has been literally the same since they left. This is why I don't get why people hate COD so much. Fundamentally, it's exactly the same as COD 4, but some how the latest COD is trash and COD 4 and mw2 are good? What sense does that make?

My issue with the series is how often games are released. Gameplay is simple and fun (as it's meant to be. I don't understand how there are pro teams for such a simple game) and COD games haven't had any major glitches or had issues on release, despite being a yearly release.

Apple

Wait what?????

I haven't tried to play BO3 myself but it appears to have flipped around.

I remember the earlier cods you would have a lot of people in the DLC packs so without them it would be harder to play with friends.

I wouldn't call it a map pack. It honestly felt more like a downgrade than an expansion. MW3 always felt off to me. All the sounds and assets from MW2 were there, but it just felt off.

MW3 was by far the worst game for me (I didn't play ghost) because it made me the most angry. I did like the weapon leveling system, though. Gave me a reason to keep playing.

Say apple

Aapru?

The e3 showing made it appear as if IW has given the player the tools to make the single player less hide behind chest high walls for the jam to rub off your screen, more flanking using shit like shield

CoD mult has always been laser and always will be

Hey shill, are you leaving this thread alone to die so you can go make a new one without the criticism? I'll just bumb a bit again to remind you of your failure.

I'd like to imagine poster ID's would help to get rid of shills but that would probably just be a boon as it would be even easier for them to argue that their multiple ID's are multiple posters when It's really just the same 1-4+ guys.

Just open a private session and you ID will be different. Although, having *cough* researched this site, it seems that posts from the same IP don't bump a thread. Had to use phone in 3G for it to matter. Sorry I kickstarted the LtCorbis thread from a while ago

Can't that be bypassed with a one or mutiple VPN's?

Also a good way for Barney Vasion?

I really don't know either

Overwatch is basically just CoD for supernerds and they eat it up

Nigger the staff is comprised of a fuckload of people from naughty dog, Neversoft and crystal dynamics who joined AFTER Ghosts was made. Ghosts shit the bed because they were understaffed while having to make this big "next gen" game for 6 different platforms in 1 year.

Easily. As long as you refresh your cookies. I'm betting Cred Forums has some code where if it detects a banned IP with no ban cookies, it makes them and if it notices ban cookies in a new IP, it bans that IP as well. this might extend to the same user identification thigy.

>no dedicated severs
>absolute shit for PC support
>next to no customer feedback
>20 weapons and yet only 3 of them are available
>p2p
>lag compensation
I'm sure the game is fine for the masses but for older players of the series this game is trash.