Nice projecting...

Nice projecting. There's a ton of people that don't even play real video games anymore and just get stupid timewasters for their phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/06/16/e3-2016-nintendo-a-new-kind-of-mario-is-coming
youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
youtube.com/watch?v=1IQTCy68-6w
mariowiki.com/Mario_Sports_Superstars#Characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>real videogames
Candy Crush is a game goobergumbler. And it's big business.

Face it, your boy's club is over.

Could I be out of touch?

No. It's the children who are wrong.

it is the player.

people want nintendo to get good again, but they forget that everything they say they want from nintendo was something they did with the gamecube. and even with all the love from the fans,the gamecube flopped. nintendo is desperate to find that balance between old and new to recreate the wii's success. if two more nintendo consoles fail another success like the wii would make it all worth it. that shit was huge, financially.

I thought Pokemon GO already did that.

After my PC, PS2 and PS3, I DID forget how fun videogames were. I then bought a Wii U

Mobile games are real games you doofus. What Nintendo makes is casual baby shit.

I was a huge Nintendo fan until very recently. I grew up with Nintendo and I used to think that they were one of the last bastions of creativity and a focus on actual good gameplay in this cesspit of an industry, but not after all of their recent fiascos. Nintendo is clearly just going to be one trainwreck after another at this point.

And I still think the Wii-U is great. I swear by that system and a good majority of its titles, I even loved Star Fox Zero. But even I know that Nintendo's titles being good doesn't mean they aren't also extremely sterile and safe right now. They could be doing much more with themselves and they choose not to, fans of series like Paper Mario and Metroid are left to suffer outright with no payoff in the forseeable future.

All of Nintendo's higher-ups, Miyamoto included, are now senile totalitarian hacks. No more fun-loving pro-consumer game design philosophy, just a stagnating company eaten through to the core with unwavering Japanese pride and a refusal to yield one iota, either in the way of listening to feedback or in the way of sharing their beloved IPs with their ever-hopeful fans. Fuck Nintendo.

he's right though. Retards like you have spent the last 5 years telling us how ninendo games should be. But guess what? You don't have that sort of authority.

Nah, they're pay-to-win skinner boxes.

Nintendo has spent the last 5 years losing money and fans.

>60 dollar Nintendo game with no replay value

Vs

>free game with infinite replay value

Really makes you think...

He's right though.

it will be fun. mario is always fun when I play it.

you can suck my hog tho, if you like op.

The fuck is the matter with you, you obnoxious little cunt?

>hope

That single word completely changes the tone that you've read into that.

Nice bait.

I don't know about Super Mario Run, but for me, Pokemon Go was extremely effective at making me want to go out and buy an actual, non-mobage piece of shit Pokemon game.

"Man rapes ex wife to help her remember their honeymoon"

he tried to warn us

>play

nigga the game plays itself, you are not fooling anyone

>and hopefully be able to recapture those older players who played when they were younger and remind them how much fun it is to play a Nintendo game.

Is he talking about the Sony and MS crowd?

Besides, these recent goddamn Mario games aren't "experiences" and not even fun.

No, 'lapsed' gamers who played the early games once then got on with their lives

>abloobloo mobile is bad muh nostalguh

You realize you're all the old balding greasy t-shirt wearing arcade dwellers of the arcades in the 80s calling consoles shit, right Cred Forums?

I'm in the same boat, granted I own every console and a gaming PC.

I have 0 hope for nintendo honestly. The NX is living off this hype despite it not going to be anything special, and they KNOW this because they haven't shown anything off with it at all because if they did that hype would shoot straight down.

The 3ds and wii u were failures for what they tried to achieve. Instead of being great machines, they got turned into shitty gimmick consoles that didn't even use some of the cool features it has (like the 3DS' AR shit, literally no games use that aside from shitty download games.)

In terms of quality, 1st party games (sans Kirby) have gone straight into the toilet.

>Star Fox: Mediocre game that should have been a launch title for the wii

>Metroid: Fed Force is one of the least liked Metroid game of all time and wouldn't even be seen like one if it didn't have the title on it.

>Zelda: BotW might be good, but over all downgrades have been shown from graphics and the openness might lead to a boring experience.

>Mario: Mobile game and no plans or hype for an ACTUAL new game.

>Pokemon: Sun and Moon have some of the worst designs in all of pokemon, not all of them, but the imagination of game freak is clearly running out. Major changes to a formula that fucking worked, its a gamble, but will it pay off?

>FZero: Dead

>Fire Emblem: Waifushit pandering galore

Normalfags pls go

Wish they'd skip this shovelware and go straight to Animal Crossing.

it also needs to remind them how COMFY and COZY nintendo games are, like the viral marketers on Cred Forums tell us.

t. Nintendo the marketing company (formerly a gaming company)

>Oh no it's not US, it's YOU

This can apply to the state of vidya industry as well... and then it translates from the developers perspective.

You do know that we're not the focus group for this game, right? This is for the normies to get reminded why Mario is fun, so that they buy Nintendo's next console. Same with Pokemon - used Pokemon games sales jumped up after GO.

>Pikmin and Chibi-Robo: a new game in the form of a platformer that no one asked for, mainly due to the fact that its so different than the original game's genre.

>Donkey Kong: No news

Nintendo had a chance to do mobile right, but it's already fucking that up because we know Mario Go has in app purchases. Once Nintendo gets a taste of that mobile money, it wont be long before we see a Mario game on the NX that does the same shit.

And I know

>Slippery Slope Fallacy

It's already happened with other games, and Nintendo can say they will never do it, but I sure as hell remember being a smug cunt on here when they said they would never do DLC. I apologize for that.

>It's already happened with other games
No it hasn't

That attitude is only a problem to those that are offended by it.

If they stay in business that way, it's not a problem.

>preemptively hating on zelda and pokemon

but why?

NX is going to be a disaster, isnt it?

>Mario: Mobile game and no plans or hype for an ACTUAL new game.
ign.com/articles/2016/06/16/e3-2016-nintendo-a-new-kind-of-mario-is-coming

Have you really not seen ANY game that has microtransations in it?

See, here's the problem, Cred Forums is exactly the same way.

>You're not pandering to OUR shitty small demographic? What is wrong with YOU.

Anything that makes money is considered a success, no matter how bad you may think it is.

>Oh no it's not US, it's YOU, the player! Clearly you've forgotten how FUN it is to play NINTENDO GAMES!
Well actually that's technically true, that's why they're releasing Nintendo "teaser" games on mobile to get kids and teens again.

That's the saddest thing I've read on Cred Forums in a long time.

>Pikmin and Chibi-Robo: a new game in the form of a platformer that no one asked for, mainly due to the fact that its so different than the original game's genre.
Oh boo fucking hoo, you're probably just pissed you can't call them a rehash

This.
Despite all Nintendo has done to move to players' whims, players seem completely reluctant to move back to Nintendo.
You want more innovation and not more graphics-wars? Get the Wii
Want more hard-core gaming and less family-friendly shit? Get the Wii U

The weakness in sales of the Wii U and Gamecube as traditional machines is the industry's fault entirely because, despite intellectually knowing that Nintendo is offering them up pretty solid libraries, most players are still reliant on the conditioning of Sony and Microsoft when making their decisions on which console to get.
Most players know that, with a smaller and smaller selection of exclusives each year, a low-end gaming desktop will fit all their main-stream fixes and a Nintendo console would open their library up considerably in terms of quality exclusives.
But they don't do that...they dislike the new Nintendo console but 90% of the people I've asked about this can't put their finger on it. They know graphics aren't the big point for Nintendo consoles but still compare them to the Xbox and PS

>Games with Microtransactions are automatically mobile games

Well then, I stand corrected, glad to see that honestly.

If they end up good, we get a good game and I'm happy. If the game is shit, then I wont be disappointed.

Personally, those aren't my kinds of games, but a lot of people I know aren't too happy that Pikimin isn't the same genre, I'll admit I've never met a CR fan before.

Any game with "pay for this currency" kind of shit is similar to the mobile model.

you WILL understand

>The problem with Nintendo? Oh no it's not US, it's YOU, the player! Clearly you've forgotten how FUN it is to play NINTENDO GAMES!
What an autistic strawman. I'm impressed.

what the fuck does mobile gaming and what Miyamoto said have to do with GRRL PWR!! XD!!!!

Nice projection.

>Any game with "pay for this currency" kind of shit is similar to the mobile model.
There's literally like 1 big budget game from them that actually does that (Bravely Default) The rest are shitty free games like Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World (The F2P version) and Pokemon Picross. (Notice how they're all Pokemon related?)

Mario Run isn't going to convince me that New BAH BAH Bros. wasn't copypaste trash.

Think outside nintendo dumbass

>Mario Run commercial will air during the Super Bowl

>I'll admit I've never met a CR fan before.

Have you met anyone who even played it though?

They're a handful of rather different games by now, but the first one is a really neat concept that I don't think I've ever heard anyone really hate on after having played it.

The time shit in default was horse crap but the f2p version of rumble world was actually a good model.

You could play it as a freemium game and then if you liked it you could buy it for $30 and essentially get rid of all of the transaction shit

Sun and Moon is the best looking Pokemon game I've ever seen and botw might be good.

I've been playing since 1st gen.

Won't it already have been out for a while at that time?

If they aren't going to release a decent fucking platformer this year I'll just invest in an android shield and emulate a bunch of hacked roms for once.

Recommend me hacked SMW roms to play.

Didnt that racist get canceled yet?

>literally spending millions just to mass market quickly put together cartoon characters and mcdonalds toys at normies, hoping for a profit off QUANTITY, because they refuse to make QUALITY games to earn their money.

why do nintendofags keep defending them? they arent even a game company anymore.

it isn't the platform people have a problem with it's the market approach. why bother making an ambitious title on phones with the graphical and memory capability smartphones have when you can just churn out a dozen PAY 2 WIN barebones titles for the same budget? I support capitalism but it's painting a picture that you can ONLY make money on mobile gaming if you do this model. Until companies figure this shit out, dedicated gaming devices will continue to exist.

That's rather unlike Shuffle, which really just is Candy Crush: Pokémon Saga, and constructed from the ground up to make you feel like you're amazing at the game, it's just too bad you don't have enough tries, ain't it. You almost had it this time. :(
The skinner box became entirely too obvious when they brought about the pokémon safari.

This, in fact, using the New style for a freemium mobile game only cements that assertion.

They've ALWAYS targeted normies user

>two animal crossing games came out last year

quit being entitled

>mobile garbage

Nintendo forgot how to make actual games.

Oh no yea it was definitely candy crush: pokemon

I kind of lost interest a really long time ago, what's the pokemon safari

>mfw the nx will fail disastrously
>mfw nintendo will move exclusively to pay2win games on mobile
>mfw the only games will be shitty mario platformers
>mfw nintendo is kill

its like seeing a self righteous old person waste away into nothing

When did they ever NOT market toys and cartoon characters?

normies don't give a fuck.

I've been finding pokemon games for dirt cheap at garage sales and swap meets all summer.

Wow, Comedy Central is really at an all time low.

Do they have 70 year olds who don't even know the title of the series is Super Mario Bros writing their material?

Nintendo does not move the players' whim in the modern era. Wii, sure, but not GameCube or WiiU. They released Federation Force and thought people would actually like it, despite how much it was panned during its announcement. Nintendo wants to continually develop games they want to make instead of what actually sells, and it shows. Aunoma even made that train Zelda game because his son liked trains or whatever. They'll continue to disappoint investors with their treatment of games as 'fun projects' until the investors start abondoning the creativity-depraved sinking ship

>normies
>buying consoles catering towards children
man how delusional

>literally worst girl

none of that's gonna happen, and all because of your shit taste

"NINTENDO IS DOOMED" -1980's
"OKAY, BUT NINTENDO IS REALLY DOOMED THIS TIME!" - 1990's
"GUYS, TRUST ME, IS WEAR THEY'RE DONE FOR." - 2000's
"GUYS. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING LISTEN TO ME. I'M SO SMUG AND CERTAIN THIS TIME, WATCH. JUST FUCKING WATCH." - (You)

Go away, you fucking retard.

>When did they ever market toys and cartoons without any video games to accompany them
here is the real question you should be asking

>is the best looking Pokemon game I've ever seen
This is what people say about every new generation without fail and they always end up being a disappointment one way or another. SM won't be any different, especially with its blatant Yokai pandering crap.

>>mfw nintendo will move exclusively to pay2win games on mobile

>Mfw faggots still say this when in fact no other big gaming company has done this yet
>Mfw faggots still foolishly believe Nintendo will somehow be the first

and DMCA'D. Can have you having fun unless we tell you to.

Can you imagine what it's like to be this utterly triggered over every single word Nintendo says?

Nintendo hasn't touched Romhacks

Abso-fucking-lutely.

i'm always surprised that candy crush got big and not bejewelled, candy crush is a pretty direct rip

i know that bejewelled did have a lot of players, but nothing compared to candy crush

The safari is as a thing you spend a heart on, where you get to battle, at random, one of five pokémon not available elsewhere in the game. It's a timed event, the particular mix of mons is only available for a certain amount of days.

But get this: two of the pokémon will be common, two will be less common, and one will appear less than 5% of the time you enter the safari.

And they all have very low catch-ability.

So in other words, you are almost forced to pay actual money if you want to ever have hopes of catching the rare one. You can't just be good at the game, because you encounter it so rarely, and it'll fuck up even your good balls.

>This is what people say about every new generation without fail
I mean, you're probably not wrong to an extent, but I've never been really "hype" for a pokemon game before. I just like them and think most of them are good except black/white. SM is the first to actually get me really hyped.

Also that commercial they put out is actually really good too. Almost late 90s / early 00s tier.

bejewelled never had a voice like james earl jones covered in chocolate
also never catered to unemployed white women on facebook

>nice projection

Is this is some sort of stupid meme we're flinging at each other now where some guy trolling just means he's projecting?

>MFW this will be the beginning of the end of the gaming industry
>MFW we will see the entire industry crumble before our very eyes

So... Just like Sony but without the laziness and actually releasing phone games on phones instead of the home system?

Before 1981 would then be my answer.

heres your (you)

>MFW got to fight Alakazam in Safari
>I lost when he has a sliver of health left
>No more jewels to waste on

Calm down Cody.

>mfw the modern Nintendo fanbase
>mfw breaking the "Nintendo can do no wrong" fanboy mindset
>mfw I've slowly grown to hate them since 2006 despite being a fan since 1989

I really wanted them to stay the same, I really wanted to keep thinking "Wow it's the other companies that are the only problem, Nintendo doesn't allow wigger shit like COD's fanbase they're good by default then" like the rest of you.

God damn how they've fallen off, and somehow there's a base of rabid fanboys who still defend them despite the FACTS that.

>Their quality has fallen off
>Their games have become stale and they refuse to innovate anymore
>Any "innovation" they do use is through fucking gimmick faggotry that has died off like all fads should
>They continue to release non competitive hardware under the delusion that they dont have to compete with the other companies, despite them losing place in the industry

No matter what delusional tactics the MODERN fanbase tries, and no matter what mental hugbox Nintendo lives in with its shareholders and investors, no matter what wording is tried, they're still competing whether they or the fans like it or not. The comparisons happen, the 3rd parties MATTER, hardware MATTERS, and innovating their IP's through advancing gameplay and NOT FUCKING GIMMICKS matters.

I simply do not understand how a company and its fanbase can be so far removed from reality. I honestly understand why the fucking sonyggers and microwiggers make fun of us. This company is fucking garbage now, it's no longer creative fun and genre/gameplay pushing Nintendo, it's stale, safe, and uncreative games that pander to casual no skill faggot casuals and gimmick pushing Nintendo.

miyamoto, its time to retire. please. quit while you still think you're ahead. the company will be so much better for it.

>not bejewelled

Bejewelled WAS pretty fucking big. As big as people had the capacity to imagine something like that being at the time.

I haven't spent one red cent on Shuffle and never had trouble with Safaris. The low catch rates are bullshit but catching beyond MAYBE a Great Ball has never been an issue.

the happeneing is beginning boys
pc will be the only survivor, but it'll be drowned in shitty indie games
they did this to themselves

>random all caps words
Not reading all that shit, Reddit's that way.

Yeah.
It's a cynical game.

It ought not be available on 3DS.

Props for not making a food anology

there there Mega Alakazam sucks anyway. He's just a Mega Aerodactyl clone with less type coverage.

>I honestly understand why the fucking sonyggers and microwiggers make fun of us.
You had me until there, that's when you made your falseflagging obvious as fuck

The fact all they could've came up with is a runner and not Mario party life or literally any other fucking shit shows how much of hacks they are

Like seriously, out of all the ideas you choose a shitty runner. Jesus christ

As a huge platformer genre fan I really can't see myself playing on ps4 or xbox one. The Wii U and 3ds managed to give me great games in this genre and I can't be happier honestly. I don't give a shit about jrpgs and I already have a pc for shooters.

Well Good on you then.

It kind of enraged me. That, and how obvious it became with some of the levels having very designed amounts of turns available.

encounter rates I meant to say shit.

also no i forgot Shiny Gyarados/Magikarp was bullshit and I did spend a jewel on them. ONE PERCENT ENCOUNTER EACH ARE YOU SERIOUS?

>Not having a max level Absol/Sharpe do.

It's just a phone game dude...

You first kiddo, been here since 2004. Try lurking moar.

>"WAHH ITS FALSE FLAGGING BECAUSE THE FANS DONT AGREE WITH MY HUGBOX MENTALITY ANYMORE"

Kill yourself fuckboi. I'm 30 and can guarantee have been a fan since before you were born. Nintendo fell off and its not false flagging to see why the other fanbases make fun of us, its called seeing other perspectives, you might wanna try it sometime you faggoty cockbrandishing cumguzzling fuckbus.

Remember they're also doing other games.

And whether it's a "shitty" runner remains to be seen.

The runner genre existed before they were endless, and some of them were pretty good.

Mario Run's levels are classic mario levels in some regards, with a beginning and an ending, with more of a focus on tricking out your run than playing until failure.

Might not be entirely horrible.

so theyre going back to being irrelevant again. nice.

>Nintendo moving to mobile

The mobile market is vicious and brutal world wide. They won't succeed in japan when fucking square Enix can't get the lead on mobile. IPs alone don't work, they want AAA mobile games with commitment and continuous quality content so they can spend on

Mario mobile as been the butt of jokes over there for being seen as a trash for being a runner clone, and a bad one at that. Since others did runners better

It's true but people love technology these days
Give them good specs for the love of God

>only survivor will be the platform that's already dead

The insecurity and self-loathing in your words is hilarious

Because I only play certain games from Nintendo and can easily be satisfied and just go back to Playstation and Xbox

>Xenoblade
>Punch Out
>Smash Bros
>Fire Emblem
>F-Zero

One of those franchises is dead and the other is looking worst than before but I only go for different shit. I'll play a Pokemon or Kirby game every once in a while but everything else is irrelevant shit

Mario is meh, Zelda was an overrated series and Metroid only has 5 good games and its first actually good game was Super Metroid

Context my dear shitposter?

Well, assuming your assumption about them not selling games anymore had any merit to it, yes.

Two spin off titles you fucking faggot. Sure, Happy Home Designer is good, but it exits to sell you amiibo cards.

Fucking amiibo festival required amiibo to play. So, again, trying to nickle and dime the audience.

Oh, there's an AC game coming out for mobile? Let me guess, there will be micro transactions to try and nickle and dime players.

No sign of a new, regular Animal Crossing game. It has nothing to do with entitlement, it is about disappointment.
What if your favorite game series got a dumbed down, micro transaction filled port to mobile with no signs of working on a successor to the games you love?

Fuck off, it's okay for people to upset about this.

>except black/white
mah nigga

What commercial?

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Right. Take, for example, the reception to Star Fox Zero. Most people bitched about the controls for being different, without bothering to learn why they're great.

Pretendos may not want to admit it, but this mobile plan of Nintendo's will be the next big step to Nintendomination.

Ironic

>Nintendo fell off and its not false flagging to see why the other fanbases make fun of us
>us
Stop using the term "us", you're just hammering in the fact you're falseflagging more

>Metroid only has 5 good games

>only

Not a lot of franchises have more than five good games, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

>releases in 6 months
>no official information to date
It's dead Jim

That's what people said about the Wii when they heard the specs.

And you're just hammering in the fact that your limited perspective is all you can see. It's called being abandoned within your own fanbase, there's a lot of complainers within and outside the fanbase. What is he supposed to do, keep fucking loving a company that doesnt make games for their core anymore? You fanboys are delusional.

>Doesnt recognize robotnik posting

I want newfags to leave.

>I just like them and think most of them are good
>except black/white

I'm all for different opinions and everything, but saying Black and White aren't good just doesn't compute.

They weren't better than Platinum, but they were far better than Diamond and Pearl.

>your limited perspective is all you can see
More irony

The Xbox One also had 6 months until release and it's reveal, let's not forgot the Ps4 had like 8-10

happy home designer sold well and the japs are going to gobble the mobile version. The Wii U console is the first nintendo platform not to have a mainline installment since the start of the series in the west. welcome to the future.

I didn't hate them, but gen 5 had a lot of issues.

The main of which was they added too many pokemon, which led to not only a fair amount of them being shit, but you end up not even seeing all of them in the game. It also had the worst legendaries of any gen, even reshiram/zekrom are kind of bad. I also didn't really like the nature/city stuff.

I didn't play bw2, but I heard that's apparently better.

>What is he
>he
Are you seriously trying to samefag while also Avatarfagging with Robotnik? You're fucking stupid.

I really like this image. Cred Forums is hot fucking horse shit. But here we all are

Thankfully yes.

>Super
>Zero Mission
>Prime
>Prime 2
>Prime 3

I would put Fusion up there as well since it's fun but you tucks get triggered over the damn game

>you end up not even seeing all of them in the game
Except for some reason the game was heavily criticized for only allowing Unova Pokemon until the game was beat.

I'll agree I'm not crazy about the legendaries, either, but I haven't really cared about the legendaries in a long time.

If you weren't a fan of the nature and city stuff that's cool, no worries - though BW2 really is a better game, the only problem is you probably won't care because it's still set in a not very different Unova.

I also like a lot of Pokemon Gen V introduced

>Gen 5
>WHY DID TGEY ADD SO MANY POKEMON I DON'T WANT TO BE FORCED TO USE THIS TRASH I WANT MY OLD FAVORITES
>Gen 6
>WHY ARE THERE SO FEW NEW POKEMON? MEGAS WERE A MISTAKE!

worse than Zelda """""fans"""""

>I also like a lot of Pokemon Gen V introduced
I do too, but the simis and the genies are pure cancer.

>Except for some reason the game was heavily criticized for only allowing Unova Pokemon until the game was beat.
which is related to the "they added too many pokemon" problem

>Pokemon audience is a single person
If you line them up there's a tiny amount of new gen 6 pokemon but in game I thought it was an ok amount.

I've liked every zelda I've played, even AoL a bit.

>a single person

generalization of the most common complaints user.

>I do too, but the simis and the genies are pure cancer.
No arguments here

>which is related to the "they added too many pokemon" problem
But this was an odd numbered gen, which (prior to VII) was always new Pokemon heavy.

I liked a lot of what was introduced and most designs were pretty solid before they really started to shit the bed with VI.

I can't believe people honestly fell for this. Are you all retarded?

I still think they're fun to play.

You can now play while eating a burger. Shit's insane.

>Clearly you've forgotten how FUN it is to play NINTENDO GAMES!
this is obviously a way for them to get the people who play mobile games to buy nintendos consoles
like what this guy said

>The main of which was they added too many pokemon
That's not a problem or an issue at all. That just means you don't like Pokemon.

No, I really rather do like Pokemon.

That's what people said about the Wii U when they heard the specs.

>Oh no it's not US, it's YOU, the player!
No user, you clearly misunderstand. Not even apologizing for Nintendo they've done a lot of truly retarded shit one of after another as of late.

But it's not "you, the player", it's "you, who grew out of videogames but I still have a phone that I mess around with".
It's a phone game. The phone market has a proportionally large audience of people who do not play videogames. And the idea here, unrealistic or not, is to reel in these people and give them the idea that real games developed for dedicated hardware are great and that they too should get on that. So that they can play real videogames.

>neotendo

>half of Cred Forums is addicted to some shitty mobage or gacha mobile game like Dokkan or FFRK
>gets disgusted by mobile games that actually have gamepla

>triggered sonypony thread #87254875

Go replay Blood Souls for the 50th time, I'm sure you'll get another game soon.

>An endless runner is "actual gameplay"
I'd take fucking kancolle over an endless runner

>tapping a screen is gameplay

>tabbing a button is gameplay

Why are they so douchey? At least every other company pretends to care about their consumers.

>pressing buttons is gameplay

Smartphones don't even have buttons.

you missed the point

>>>/mob/

multiple functions assigned to multiple inputs and combinations thereof is gameplay. one function assigned to one input is not gameplay. simply tapping on a screen repetitively is not gameplay.

that's your opinion, there are lots of old ass games that their gameplay was that and we never said those didn't have gameplay, unless the game literally plays by itself and has no interaction, there is gameplay

>that fapfic

>most ignorant post ever

someone wrote porn of pyukumuku?

the game does play by itself, quite literally. if they added different gestures or multitouch or something then it would have gameplay

>never catered to unemployed white women on facebook

Where have you been?

It's true though for many people, including me. I can't get into a lot of video games that I purchase for $60, but some free ones will take up a lot of my time and I'll actually enjoy it....

Are you joking?

Super Mario Run LITERALLY plays itself.

It sure would seem to me making the games that sell the most instead of the ones you want to make much more "creativity-depraved" but hey what do I know.

Splatoon was made solely by young staff. BoTW is also being made mostly by younger devs. Pokemon SM is beinf directed by a new and, guess, young developer.

I hole they continue like this. The old fucks just won't cut it anymore. New and fresh ideas are what we need.

I'm not the guy you're replying to but I beat it and found it pretty dull and repetitive.

He it talking about people that only play mobile games or no games at all

So does Pac-man. So does every shmup. Goes in a direction whether you control him or not. You can still lose the game.

Though now I am intrigued as to whether or not I could beat Mario while never letting go of the right button.

>Though now I am intrigued as to whether or not I could beat Mario while never letting go of the right button.
You mean super mario bros? People do it all the time.

Look at any speed run

Fuck Miyamoto, the last good game he made was Mario 64. At least Iwata had the intention of make fans happy.

Mario is fucking dead for me, more after stupid bullshit like BAH BAH, Rosalina, Sticker Star, Koopalings and MK8 trying to be F-Zero. No one really cares about him anymore as he couldn't sell WiiU's.

>Koopalings is a bad thing

Fan demand is what brought the Koopalings back, you didn't appreciate Bowser Jr, now you reap what you sow.

Enjoy your wasted seven playable character/boss slots wherever applicable.

I'm not sure half of you guys bothered to read the article

BAH BAH originated from SM64.
Rosalina was good in Galaxy 1, Koopalings are good in the NSMB games.

Koopalings are great in MK8 especially now that they added posing, rest of the character suck though. Baby princesses, Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, fuck, every single DLC character.

Mario Sports Superstars seems to be fixing the roster problems most recent Mario spin-offs are having.

but will it be as good as this?

youtube.com/watch?v=1IQTCy68-6w

>New BAH BAH Bros
I never understood all the irrational hate for the music.

New Leaf is only three years old.

>Stop REHASHING Nintendo! Do something NEW! You're so OUT OF TOUCH!

>W-w-where's my new Animal Crossing Nintendo!? You're not pumping one out every two years? WHY NOT!?

I can see why people don't like it, but I don't particularly care.

I like the lack of babies and clones, not counting Bowser Jr, but it seems like just standard Mario fare that we've been getting for a long time. Any playable caracters in it we've never played as in a spin-off? Anything unexpected from Mario's past?

mariowiki.com/Mario_Sports_Superstars#Characters

There *are* babies, but it seems they're cutting back on them compared to Kart, it's just the baby Bros, likely to fill weight class quotas.

Birdo in particular hasn't been playable in anything this generation outside of 3DS Mario & Sonic. Boo and Diddy are notable too I suppose.

I didn't think it was fantastic or anything but some people just lose their shit over it and the series in general.

NSMB was the first "real" side-scrolling Mario since the SNES, I don't see what was wrong with it. NSMBWii added multiplayer and NSMBU is easily one of the best Mario games period. NSMB2 on 3DS is the only one that didn't really need to exist, they needed something to sell the then-struggling 3DS.

And then of course people bitch and moan endlessly about how "copy&pasted" the franchise is when there were only four games over the course of nine years, all on different platforms.

Mods, another shill!

Apparently Baby Mario Bros are in too.
There's Boo but I'm pretty sure he was in Mario Party 9.
Good core cast, now they just need to add in the cool stuff.

Boo was actually cut in Mario Party 9, but they brought him back for the one on 3DS, and then cut him again when 10 released.

I haven't played NSMBU, I only played like the first NSMB that was on the DS.

It's just they've made so many of them and the "new" type is what people are upset about I guess.

Meanwhile 3D Land was mediocre and 3D World didn't look much better

>Fucking amiibo festival required amiibo to play. So, again, trying to nickle and dime the audience.
And came with the amiibo required to play, you didn't have to buy any extras.

I don't like amiibos or the game but you're really clearly just trying to paint this shit in as negative a light as possible with no regard for the actual facts.

>Oh, there's an AC game coming out for mobile? Let me guess, there will be micro transactions to try and nickle and dime players.
It'll tie into whatever the next AC game is, they announced this when they announced the app. Likely why there's no Wii U AC game, it's on NX and has connectivity with the app.

I hope the koopalings are put in, they would be perfect for a baseball team.
And Larry loves horses and sports.

Mario party has been dog shit since 9 anyway.

Have they still yet shown any of the main game for star rush or whatever?

A lot.

Maybe I'm thinking of 8 then. Those Mario Party games blur together in my head.

Is it as shit as 9 and 10?

Better in the sense that "well at least its not the car", but it's no 2.

3D Land was the other game they whipped up in six months to stop the 3DS ship from sinking, 3D World was actually in development first.

3D World isn't going to be nearly as fun single-player as 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc. but I found playing with other people was just as enjoyable same for NSMBWii. I think the focus on the later NSMB games as 3D World is multiplayer and I guess that's just not what people necessarily look for in Mario. We know they've got a new Mario coming though so we'll see what that's like.

Anything that's at least 8 in quality is fine by me.

You know, back when mario party had fucking minigames.

Too bad is on handheld.

I just want another console Mario Party without the fucking car. Just take minigames and boards from MP 1-3 and do a best-of or something, I'd buy that right away.

>3D World
>use Raccoon Leaf to turn into Tanooki Mario
>can't even turn into a statue
Well that's stupid.
>It behaves more like the Cape Feather
Why not put in the Cape Feather then? People love SMW. Or even the carrot from SML2.

>No sign of a new, regular Animal Crossing game

Because the regular Animal Crossing developers made Splatoon. So we got an New IP instead of the a yearly Animal Crossing rehash you seem to want.

>It has nothing to do with entitlement, it is about disappointment.

You're disappointed you didn't get what you want, how you want it and when you want it. Don't pretend that isn't entitlement you weasel.

>point and click are not games
>old school on rails shooters are not games
>Rythm games are not games

Good thing you listed super first, else they would have burned you alive for insulting their god

You have an strangely fucked up definition of "Replay value"

or maybe he's just an old man who sees a lot fewer kids playing games that aren't on phones

That's not entitlement, that's desire. Learn English.

No he doesn't. Larry has no personality, begone with this autism.

Sorry, but it's true.

>yfw Nintendo is the next Sega/Atari

Fine to be disappointed but Nintendo are not obligated to make what you personally want. That's entitlement.

He didn't say they are.