The new Gears of War 4 trailer is out and shows quite a bit of what we're in for with the campaign

The new Gears of War 4 trailer is out and shows quite a bit of what we're in for with the campaign.

Seriously, if you really care about spoilers there may be a couple things in here you won't want to see.

youtube.com/watch?v=ji2aU4EdQww

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3f8VgQ_dqk
xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere
gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Birthing_Creche
youtube.com/watch?v=t_yY3DUumbA
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ia9N9MdSa0
youtube.com/watch?v=5AuXf2qaJjY
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/6/returnofhorde
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Microshill, pls go.

That's it. They went too far.

I hate that Dom ended up being a Saints-Row-Zombie-tier joke, given the weight of how they handled his character. I'm somewhat interested to find answers to the Locust, it looks like there are proto-Locusts walking around, and it makes me think whatever started them is doing it again. After everything they've lost, and it's happening to their fragile remnants, the realistic thing would be to just give up, but they don't make money that way, I suppose.

>Zombie Dom
I don't believe it. That has to be a shop. No fucking way. I refuse to believe that's real. God fucking damn.

there are so many sonyggers that I've never seen a gears 4 thread since it's black screen reveal last year

Aye, even after death, I can still main my nigga Dom.
I see nothing wrong with it

>Gameplay is actually hidden cause is the same from previous boring clones and they don't want to disappoint people

I don't really have a problem with the Dom thing, it's just a MP skin, but I can totally see why some people think it's a bit tasteless.

What the fuck is this gay shit

where is baird

where is carmine

where are the monkey dogs who are in need of delivery of their special bones

Ultimate or Standard edition Cred Forums?

I swear to god if they kill Marcus.

>Zombie Dom
Hello?!?

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty good. Let's face it though; most of us only care for the multiplayer.

>That "WOO"

Sold.

>where is carmine

Of course they're gonna kill Marcus. It'll probably end up being more of sacrificial death though, they're not gonna kill him off in some punkass way.

That was a pretty decent snapshot of the gears of war franchise. stale. boring, and people only giving the slightest fuck because microsoft has literally suicided all their flagship franchises. They killed gears as well but they seem to think if they market it enough people will care. it will pull a judgement/gears 3. it might sell well, but no one will really give half a fuck after about a week, especially so once that microsoft backed lan event is over and no one else puts up money for it. and then it will be the same old thing that happened to all gears games after gears 1, the same few thousand rabid fans that will eat literal shit to keep playing the game when everyone else moves on.

i'd know, i was one of them for 9 years.

that trailer was trash, the beta was trash, everything they've shown and announced ranges from trash to downright shit.

i remember when gears used to have god tier trailers.
mad world, last days, rendezvous etc.

Fucking hell you must really hate videogames, huh. What's the matter, not enough walking and talking for you? Also I doubt this will be the last trailer we see, they'll probably release a new cinematic trailer before release to drum up more hype.

>multiplayer skins are bad

Stop being a fag

I hope everyone dies so in the next game we can play as a squad of nu-carmines

They can fuck right off if they think i'm going to pay fourty extra for a handful of skins i'll never use and some not-req packs, im greatful they are milking fools of their money so they dont have to lock multi content behind paywalls and that I have a rich friend to host horde

>most gameplay we have seen is has 3 NPCs with you
>2 player co-op

We knew where this was going

Carmine is the best character in every game

>The Beta was trash

It was literally Gears 3 with good balancing and more responsive controls

Just a couple days ago they added a few more gear packs to the season pass. I think it was originally five, but they bumped it up to seventeen. It wasn't the most interesting or unique way to make it better but it's something.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3f8VgQ_dqk

Oh you mean super "sentimental" trailers like this? And beta was great btw

>all maps are free
>but with season pass you can host on DLC maps after they are phased out

So...whats literally the point besides playing four days early?

I love how rabid gears fans never offer rebuttals to anything said and always all back on grade school level shenanigans.
lad weve had like 4 trailers for gears 4, and this, unfortunately, is probably the best.
there was that MP reveal trailer that literally unironacally opened with a retro charge, set to some god awful modern rap, the another trailer set to some even more godawful rap, and im pretty sure they released a horde one or something that went back on their 'returning to the series roots' shit they were trying to push by showing gears 3 horde except now with boxes.

gears fans are just desperate, you and i both know this is the last chance gears will ever get, and it looks nothing better than average.

it was gears 3 coated in molasses with core mechanics either tweaked or removed

compare that to any gears promotional video pre 2011 and its not even a fair comparison. the beta was about as good as the alpha tier graphics.

>Carmine is the best character in every game
I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying he probably died.

Its the same tier as madworld, last days, dust to dust.

only phenomenal gears trailers were rendevous and ashes to ashes

There isn't one. This is for richfags/idiots who wanna play with all the other special snowflakes 4 days before the rest of us. Also...
>Buying digital when the physical option is there

Absolutely retarded.

>any gears 4 trailer
>on the same level as mad world or last days.
>mad world not single handedly putting gears on the radar
fucking hell you cannot be serious.

digital is promoted more because crossbuy and crossplay, but with specs like these I doubt anyone will be playing on both PC and console.

If you hate Gears of War so much what the hell are you doing in a Gears of War thread?

that was a pretty shit metallica cover

Putting it on the radar because of the juxaposition of a gritty and bloody game with a sentimental trailer at the time was unique. Other games always showed the action.

But compared to the trailers that came after, its not as good.

How did this game get away with the whole preorder to play it early fiasco but deux ex didnt?

>Gameplay

That isnt gameplay at all

If youre looking for a circlejerk then what are you doing on Cred Forums?

Call of Duty got away with it

anyone who still buys gears post 2011 is an idiot
anyone who buys gears on pc post the UE uberblunder doesnt deserve a PC

>p-please dont insult m-m-mmy gear
child ive played this franchise longer than you, probably by a factor of atleast 3. my word holds far more weight than your pleas. im dropping truthbombs for anyone still sitting on the fence while you block your ears and try ignoring reality.

mad world was only ever remotely challenged in terms of trailer quality by some of those glorious gears 2 trailers. hell, the gears 4 even tries copying a lot of mad worlds composition and shots but its just like gears 4 itself, a hollow carcass of something that used to be great

Gears has always had shitty marketing, its the reason for the large amount of hate surrounding it because it gives such a bad presentation, nobody likes the execution kill montages with rap music playing over but they continue to do it because Rod Ferguson is trying to stay hip with the kids

Deus Ex held it hostage, even if you preordered if not enough people did you didn't get to play it early

with Gears if you buy the super cool kid edition you get to play it early

I thought it was because so many people needed to pre-order to unlock new reward tiers?

You just sound like a bitter nostalgiafag. I've been with the franchise since early 06' and I don't mind where it's headed. Sure, it's still the same old shit and the trailers are lacking but the game itself looks fine.

Rendenvous > Ashes > the rest

Those are the two standpoint trailers. I'd even argue last days is the lowest, but I never saw if Judgement did the same marketing gimmick because I didnt pay any attention to it.

>rod faggotson

the single reason the entire franchise went to shit.
cliffy was also an idiot, but he kept fergo in check, and also had (some) hood ideas. once rod came back from bioshock and headed gears 4 development the game was doomed from the get go. listening to some of his interviews as a player of over 9 years is absolutely laughable. hes so out of touch its not even funny, and hes the fucker in charge.
god i still remember the gears 3 stealth retro buff fiasco where that fat fuck literally banned people off the forums for posting actual game data to disprove his lies.

This looks mediocre as fuck. Microsoft really shouldn´t bother anymore they´re creatively bankrupt.

not so much a nostalgiafag as each gears game of the original trilogy had 1 or more really good aspects to it. its just that they seem to want to move away from what made the games so great more and more with every new release.
my biggest gripe with gears 4 so far is theyve made it slower and clunkier than gears UE which says alot. i could understand people getting butthurt over the gears 3 bouncing but you could always revert to gears 2 movement or gears 1 movement with cancel or some shit.

gears 4 movement/control just plays like an abomination of UE and gears 2 movement on a bootleg controller.

>GeoW
>robots

as if the shooting wasn't dull enough they added robots

NOBODY LIKES SHOOTING ROBOTS

Is there any company that isnt though? I cant think of any dev who has balanced innovation and roots in the past decade. Either it doesnt change enough or strays way too far.

Shooting robots can be fun like in Binary Domain

but this is not Binary Domain

Relax m8, its just footage from the german edition.

I think thats why theyre hyping it so hard.
halo is dead
no one gives a fuck about forza, or racing games in general
they really dont have much else. they seemed pretty content with letting gears rot, which they should after judgement, but once the halo-343 shitstorm went down they needed something.

its a bit of a shame, their mid cycle xbox 360 exclusives they never marketed had some of the best shit last gen. and their arcade games this gen have some actual top tier shit (ori, geometery wars etc) but they keep digging up dead shit and trying to milk a few more drops.

Should've called him Dombie

>Metallica

Geometry Wars is multiplat now plus 3 sucks, and they marketed Ori a lot.

Gears is their big holiday seller so of course they market it more than whatever else they have.

as repetitive as the series seems, they're one of the few mainstream developers allowing splitscreen co-op on the PC, and that's a good boy point in my book

Why are people saying this looks shitty? Every other Gears was at best an 8/10, this looks no different.

>whatever else they have

thats the funny part lol. they don't

im not sure if its just rabid fanboyism or poor shilling because everytime theres a new video these threads and the youtube comments (yeah yeah) are full of people busting their nuts.

they still havent shown anything that surpasses painfully mediocre.

Ori isn´t even exclusive let alone a Microsoft IP. They just paid the developer money to not release it on Playstation.

Microsoft just needs to stop being retarded and make an open beta for that Crackdown 3 game rather than just have the """finished""" multiplayed mode sit around on a computer collecting dust while they make the rest of the game

Disagree, the first gears was ace.

The 343i fiasco was the final nail in the coffin, lack of any meaningful exclusives, absolutely horrid system performance and lets not even speak about the GUI. And to add insult to injury they fuck up Halo and release it in a barely functioning state.

How do you fuck up porting 3 xbox360 games and 1 remaster?

HOW?!

They have Forza as well. Sony only has TLG. Nintendo only has Pokemon and Sticker Star 2

The fuck up at launch isn´t even the worst, MCC still not working 100% 2 YEARS later is the actual insulting thing.

>Windows 10

>Sony only has TLG
They have Gravity Rush 2 also. And of course the better running multiplats-

The issue with MCC was the networking, which hilariously, was the ONLY part 343 worked on. Everything else ran fine because the multiple companies they outsoruced it to did their jobs.

Multi works for me ;^) every other time I play it

>they still havent shown anything that surpasses painfully mediocre.

10 years of build up about to get some payoff

see
lad i dont give a single fuck what sony or nintendo have, i have a $2k gaming pc, a bone, and ill pick up a ps4 when and if ace combat 7 ever shows up.

right now were talking about gears and how painfully average microsofts current flagship is.
i noticed an interesting comparison between 343 and TC

guess which is which
>talent less company acquire former microsoft flagship franchise after the trilogy is concluded, and a not so well received prequel is released
>start off by remastering the first game in the franchise as a 10 year anniversary, cop shit from the fans due to broken/changed MP which doesnt even come remotely close to the original
>"hype" up the 4th installment
>fire your legendary sound director, replace them with some flavor of the month hack
>show nothing but crap all the way up to the release of the 4th game
>microsoft shills and markets the fuck outta it
>every moron gets 'hyped' durr it looks saaa gooodddd
>microsoft puts up a huge sum at the first LAN to try get people interested

which franchise am i talking about

Halo obv. Gears soundtrack was remarkably forgettable and the only people who had issue with Ultimate edition were PC players who beta tested the W10 porting procedure.

So what the hell is the locust deal anyway?

Did they ever say what the fuck they are or why they do anything they do?

Didn't the ultimate edition get a console remaster as well?

Sire offspring. Literally dindu nuffin, just wanted to leave their holes because emulsion but ran into humans and thats how the war started

cheeky bastard
nah. they kind of forgot the whole locust origins thing with gears 3, gears 2 built it up low key prety hard with the collectible and sires and shit, but gears 3 threw that out the window. infact they never spoke of the sires again. they werent in the hollow when it flooded so theyre probably stll at new hope facility. just waiting.

yeah. they never fixed the center screen shooting thing (muh preserving the original) but added in heaps of other pointless gears 3 shit. like TDM.

You're focusing too much on Halo 5 and Gears I think

Halo Wars 2 got a louder applause than the Halo 5 stuff did at Gamescom when it was announced, you don't even mention Crackdown 3 or Scalebound

Yes, it came out on console first, then was ported to W10 months later.

Overwatch :)

HAAW WAAW 2 looks like Halo for once. See that USNC emblem? Thats the OT emblem. See that sword? Thats the Halo 1 and 2 design.

LOOK AT THAT ELITE ARMOR, THE GOOD SHIT NOT THE 343 REDESIGN

Oh shit, this is coming to PC? MS did say something about all their "exclusives" being on windows 10, right?

Yes, all xbone games are also going to be on W10

The catch is that its W10, but at least the benefit of corssbuy and crossplay exist.

Are we just allowing obvious marketing threads to exist now?

>Everything else ran fine because the multiple companies they outsoruced it to did their jobs.

This isnt anywhere close to the truth.

i guess theres that. microsoft wouldnt push that as hard since its on pc as well.

gears 4 is too but we all know how that turned out with UE. gears 4 is targeted at selling xbones methinks because they dont have much in the way of unit movers anymore.

atleast HW2 is returning to that glorious original trilogy aesthetic as opposed to that abolute bile that was halo 4/5 mechaweeb skins and skittles paintjobs.

I didn't notice my comp scheduled an update so one day I turned it on and I was suddenly using Windows 10. Pretty shitty, but I guess I get to keep playing a franchise I've been with for a decade without buying an xbone. Any chance I'll get to play the shitty halo 5 campaign on PC one of these days?

Who would've thought the industrial metals would fit Military Sci Fi theme more than plastic and rubber

xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

They are all on PC, even Halo albiet gimped

It is though? I replayed the campaigns on legendary alst month, no issues at all.

I do recall a couple parts in 4 dipping to 30 fps for a second or two when I first played it though, but no gamebreaking issues.

>KB+M
>gimped

Servers are coming as well.

Reminder

>campaign
Doubt it, but there is speculatiuon that MCC will get release on PC for Halo 3 Anniversary, but its just speculation, dont get your hopes up

I think the sad thing about long time gears fans is that they've put up with so much shit over the years and the games just keep getting worse. So every new release they cling onto the hope that maybe this one will return to being good again, but deep down we all know it won't/

H3 was notorious for running in slowmotion at launch, though this somehow didn't effect all consoles. H2 also had a problem by not registering certain checkpoints.

back on the topic of Gears, when did everything go so horribly wrong? I remember having a lot of fun with 1&2

Nice

Oath.

MUHWEEAAAAAAA

>MFW no one is mentioning that THE COLE TRAIN IS BACK BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>80gb free

jesus fuck

time to upgrade to that 100tb HDD :^)

Isn't the ideal specs for 4K?

I think this looks good and does what Cliff originally set out to do with Gears 1.

I'm a little iffy on the new monsters but it really wouldn't be gears without some creatures.

>man im tired of bald space marines I want something new
>no what the fuck I dont want something different I want bald space marines dammit

I dont get the complaints about the new characters designs desu.
>Kait is skinny
So were all the female gears
>Nigger looks dumb
There was that one useless and forgetable nigger shoved in 3 but no one seemed to mind
>they looks like SJW hipsters
Well I mean it is peacetime, characters in gears dont wear their armor 24/7 when theres no reason not to wear itz

If they had the old characters you'd complain they were too old and needed to be put to rest.

>Passing the torch
>edgy teenage young adult leads
>the enemy is back!

Game has slav tier level of graphics options though

Part 1

Part 2

gears was always about macho bulky guys in massive suits of armor

adding the women was completely fucking retarded and killed any sense of immersion and they even had smaller hitboxes

now gears' corpse is being raped even harder to pander to millennials

there'll probably be a flashback sequence about visiting an apple store or "starbucks and chill" or some other braindead nu male shit

Part 3

The Locust were explained in the book the slab.

Theyre offspring of the sires from Gears 2.

Part 4

People still care about Gears of War?

Final Part. Wew lad.

Evidently

People wanted Carmine Squad or a Pendulum War game not the Burger King Kids Club go to Brazil

people pretend its not the same old shit, but they know.

This game will get average scores everywhere. 6s and 7s. Screencap this post my dad is Kojima.

Target audience of gears literally dont care. My cousin is your token jock. Even runs a used carlot now, but he's been looking forward to Gears 4 since announcement just because its more Gears and we loved playing that shit together in highschool.

There's a pendelum wars flashback mission to put the band-aid on your rustled rump

Dont talk shit about BK Kids Club, nigger. They always remembered my birthday.

It looks really shit to be honest.

Is this game releasing on the bone and PC at the same time?

>muh target audience

lel

do you never wonder why video games have gone to shit?

it's because of people like you

dumb anime trashposter

>Target audience of gears literally dont care

thats the problem. the few thousand long time fans have grown accustomed to eating shit.

Think so, it's probably better to get it for Xbone though, the PC port will almost cetainly be dogshit and it's community will die off in a month.

Shit and here I thought it was gonna be a rushed port with no effort put into the settings.

>thinking the game will even run on PC

Since there is no cross-play in multiplayer, only co-op between xbone, how long will it take for the multiplayer to die on PC?

like a week, especially with win10 exclusivity

>adding the women was completely fucking retarded

I agree. Seeing Anya chainsaw clash with a locust is fucking retarded. She would be out powered in a second but nope she is super strong like a man on steroids while maintaining her petit fragile body.. Fucking stupid. Cliffy B is a hack.

Dont look at me, I dont buy neptunia and similar trash, and its also not impacting the industry that much anyways. No one takes it seriously. Mobile has got Japan by the balls and is a much bigger issue.

But then that brings us to the gameplay, because deep down thats why people play games, for the gameplay, not aesthetics. Gears hasnt innovated much, if at all, since inception but is that a bad thing? If it isnt broken, dont fix it, you know.

In contrast, Halo forced innovation where it did not need to belong. Dual-wielding ruined weapon balance, equipement wasnt so bad, but also uncecessary, Armor Abilities ruined the series, and the redone Spartan Abilites still dont really belong. Because those mechanics affect more than movement, they also affect maps and balance.

Halo 5 has highest aim assist in the series and bullet magnetism to boot because Spartans are now so mobile, maps are much larger to compensate and allow use of abilities since Reach, and they dont allow for fun maps like Boarding Action or Rat Race, everything has to be Midship-like in design.

>shit game
>surviving on pc
pick one

Horde is crossplay as well, but hey, now you guys can finally prove you dont need wallbouncing to be good :^)

Why are PCFats the worst?

I just want to play Gears and enjoy myself, like when I was in high school :(

No, Sires are a result of humans being turned into Locust, as evidenced by New Hope Research Facility documents

this is nu gears not gears 1 in high school lol

if marcus dies im out

>you can't use a controller on PC

take it back

They decided to change it so you can play cross play versus between PC and Xbone in Private and Unranked matches. Ranked matches are not cross play.

Anya and Sam were taking Gear steroids they raided from former COG training facilities at that point. Humanity was desperate and at its breaking point that everyone had to be on the front line.

Enjoyed the beta and that trailer sold me. Wish they didn't show the Cole Train but fuck it got me happy.

All smiles.

>Anya and Sam were taking Gear steroids they raided from former COG training facilities at that point. Humanity was desperate and at its breaking point that everyone had to be on the front line.

lol bullshit

>I have no retort
Sasuga, user.

>using controller on PC for a shooter
Lmao what are you doing son?

because your "retort" was so fucking disgusting in so many ways

who would want to converse with an obese 36 year old anime posting NEET

>If it isnt broken, dont fix it, you know.

yeah. shame TC doesnt
>adding even MORE wall cancel delay compared to the pathetically bad beta
>keeping mantlekick in
>keeping retro in
>adding SMG which is even stronger than the retro
>removing the classic gears feeling maps
>removing locusts.

fuck i could go on.

>disgusting
You're a grown man, user. Dont use tumblrspeak. Say what you mean isntead of calling things you dont like 'icky' and 'gross'

And Im not obese, 36, or a NEET.

this is the sort of person than allows the continued existence of games/franchises such as this.

>sees unarguable shit
>i like it

Getting that 343i treatment. Seems to be a common theme with new morons adopting old work.

>adding even MORE wall cancel delay compared to the pathetically bad beta
That sounds bad
>keeping mantlekick in
mantle and the grab shank thing worked fine though
>keeping retro in
Its not a starter weapon anymore though
>adding SMG which is even stronger than the retro
with less distance, like the smg and ar in Halo
>removing the classic gears feeling maps
yeah I would agree with that. At least on that city and construction/woodsy map. The oil rig did a good job, reminded me of Fuel Depot
>removing locusts
But they are """""THE SWARM"""""" totally not locust zombies witha hivemind

>Win 10 Anniversary Update

Gears of War stopped being interesting with the second game. The graphics basically plateaued and the story only got more retarded after that. Plus simple Horde mode was fun as hell.

The fact Epic couldn't even come up with a decent back story for the Locust ended any level of caring I had. Gears 3 was awful and I skipped Judgement.

So the female character is a lesbian correct?

Horde in 2 was boring. 3 was the best.

She a male to female trans who is attracted to women.

they may work but they remove the gears 1/2 cover based whack a mole 1v1 scenarios which were objectively better than 'whoever presses b first wins'

the fact retro still exists should put absolutely no doubt in anyones minds that TC doesnt have a good goddamn fucking clue

I dunno from what little gameplay footage ive watched the SMG seems to do retro damage at up to far 'Close' range, so ~10m. why.

gears maps will never top 1/2 ever even if the franchise turned itself around.

they look like fried chicken on a locust. real nice.

also
>removing gears 1/2 perfect blood and jam-ifying the shitty gears 3 blood even more and making it pinker.

fucking WHY

i have gears 1 2 and 3 right beside me mabye its time to play again

I liked the whackamole too, but they say its to prevent stalemates since others would always complain. And then what will they use in a Pendelum Wars game if not retro lancers? Just compeltely retcon it?

I'm hyped for Horde. Getting the old gang back together for Gears 4. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint like Halo 4 and 5

If they do a Pendulum Wars game at this point. Its looking like it will be a RTS game.

Does anyone know if there will be any rewards for playing previous games like in GoW 2/3?

So...Gears of Wars?

>People in this thread think the beta was bad
The fuck?

god they are going to ruin even gears with sjws stuff

fuck me. oh well not like I was going to buy a xbox one

Microsoft can go fuck themselves

>sjws stuff
nice meme

There's just one thing that redeems this game, and that thing is THAT I SAW THE COLE TRAIN IN THE TRAILER WOOOOOO
But seriously I love Gears4 and will be getting it day one

>game that is going to be full of "strong wyman" showing the stupid, sexist men how it´s done
>not sjw

if you say so

>one female sidekick in the game = SJW shit

God I wish Anita never happened so everyone wasnt so paranoid

Gears has had "strong women" for years. Games, comics and books, this is nothing new.

>Anita

the first 2 didnt have any female playables though

that was where the line was clearly crossed

this

I even read some interview I think were they talked about how much time they spent to make sure that the game was full of female empowerment even going so far as to play down male character so that the women could look better

Gears 2 had such a good story and really cool areas. I honestly stopped caring about the story at the end of that one.

Yes, even the GIANT WORM was cool because it was unexpected. Gears 3 just had a magic machine.

Does it have Split Screen? I'd like to have a game on my Xbone I can play with friend in the room.

So? It's not like they were bad in 3.

She was the catalyst for the way Cred Forums is now with female protags.

Cant just say things and not provide source, senpai.

Yes

seriously.
fuck this. I knew something was off when they kept pushing those new female characters in all the trailers and Interviews

it's completely unrealistic that women could be doing the same shit that the roided out men were doing in gears

and they were objectively fucking bad because their hitboxes were made smaller in MP lmfao

Sweet. Might get it then. I was unbelievable pissed about Halo 5 not having it. I mean Halo 4 was ass, but I was hoping I could enjoy 5 with friends, but nope.

I love how you're asking for realism in a game like Gears.

>It's not like they were bad in 3.
it´s was pretty annoying how much they kept shoving them in your faces
and that was before Anita came along
can´t even imagine how bad it´s going to be this time around

You were never forced to play as them though, at least not player one. I know 2-4 had characters switched around in the campaign for 3.

how is having female side characters shoving them in yoru face?

>it´s was pretty annoying how much they kept shoving them in your faces
Really how? Anya and Sam show up as much as the other side characters and never say or do something trying to push their feminism.

>80gb

considering that mankind was about to be wiped out wouldn´t it have made more sense for all the women to be 24/7 breeding machines?

that even would have made for some nice deeper meaning. seeing how mankind is slowly being turned into something similar to the locust by the war.

Do women have to be shoe-horned into everything nowadays? seems that way

it's called "suspension of disbelief"

gears was believable in at least some ways until they added women into the gameplay

then it's just retarded, they might as well add flying unicorn mounts

pretty much. everything has to be sparkly and colorful and inclusive for the safe space millennial losers

They were actually. The only way a woman could get into the military was being infertile, that's why there isn't a lot of them fighting.

gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Birthing_Creche

>The Birthing Creche,[1] or Farms,[2] were a series of breeding farms[3] where women were impregnated to help repopulate the Human race. Under the Fortification Act, all males were placed in the Armed Services and women in "war work". Some women could choose (or be forced) to go to the farms. Women who were impregnated were given extra rations over a non serving male.[4] Doctors gave girls hormones at age ten so they could begin menstruation and were able to be impregnated.

>no marcus, now I am the locust
>and then humanity was locust

Thats terrible writing desu. Desperate times call for desperate needs, but now that its peace, theres no need for them.

Also you faggots would be crying about how now the game was focused on liberating females for being rapefarms or whatever.

check out the end of the video

literal has the female going full "strong wyman" on the protagonist

youtube.com/watch?v=t_yY3DUumbA

>zombie dom

it shouldn't have ended like this

Lel that must be from before the SJW era started.

Can you imagine that shit being in a 2016 game? Feminists and whiteknights would flip their shit

yet i never heard about any of that in the games

funny, isnt it?

and i'd imagine it will be retconned now for being too offensive and promoting toxic masculinity or something

idk what ur post is saying lol

The female Gears were just slightly too skinny. If they looked like Vasquez, it would have been fine.

ok that is pretty ballsy and unique so why did they dropped that in this game?
it´s not like humanity has recovered

and they are still bitching

no surprise there

this is nice bait, subtle

too bad no one replied, here's a (You)

We don't know if they dropped that in 4, that woman isn't part of the COG. Humanity is still recovering, that's why they made robots instead of sending soldiers to fight.

What's the lore on the suits in the gears of war universe anyway? Almost no one wears a helmet. Does it project some sort of forcefield?

Muh sexism

Im saying its bad writing to have this climactic heroic buildup, humanity on its last legs, fighting a losing battle, win, and then become evil because lol we got used to it. And that since that potential plot would then be about dismantling corrupt officials and saving women from rape farms, Cred Forums would still bitch because theyd find some excuse where the bad guys were right and good guys were cucks and etc.

There were never mentioned once in the games, just EU fluff.

Its because Gears males are super huge so theres a disparity

Lambent also caused infertility so the COG didn't know they were causing the population problem in the first place till it was too late. By the time GOW3 happens, Chairman Prescott had started drafting fertile and infertile women to the COG because they were having their shit pushed in.

Prescott is dead and the COG dictatorship has collapsed. That's why.

Sam was pretty Thicc tho'

But he doesnt even have a body. Dom fucking drove into a giant oil tank, and the vehicle he was in exploded. I dont think he would have much of a body.

Wtf i'm gay now.

Agree. The building aspect really brought out the mode.

Peripheral vision, with a helmet on you might not notice a sniper about to shoot you in the head.

Have these idiots even played the games

Arm armor is padding her out desu. Still best girl though.

Fuck off, dhill

To this day i still don't know if Sam's supposed to be black, latina or indian, which is even harder to tell with her australian accent.

Shes one of those islanders like Tai i think.

holy shit, that's fucking incredible. And I thought GTA V did a good job. Jesus.
>dynamic resolution scaling
>ambient occlusion quality + intensity as different options
>those advanced options
they could charge $60 just for the benchmark and I'd buy it

She always reminded me of Casca from Berserk so that's why she was my favorite

Nope.

>Game already has deep lore regarding womens role in the COG and combat
>Shit flinging contest between Esss Jay Dubyas and Fedoralords about a game they never played

Forver ever and ever and ever.

Is my nigga Ben coming back for MP?

What is that song, i liked it.

honestly im apprehensive because gears ue on pc was a disaster, but you can now play private matches crossplay, so thats SOMETHING

now if they added a weekly rotation playlist for both console and pc, where they can play together, that would be badass.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ia9N9MdSa0

You feel like raping console players every once in a while boy?

Carmine asked them why they didn't wear helmets to protect from smoke/etc and Dom/Marcus just laughed it off. I'm guessing they just didn't like wearing it, and used it as a symbol of seniority..... also cuz they were main charas

Is it me or does the badguy looks like zombie hoffman?

Let that nigga rest......

Probably posted earlier, but i cant be asked to read a 200 post gears thread. Still,

that cover deserves some fuckjing recognition

youtube.com/watch?v=5AuXf2qaJjY

shit was on fleek, kiddos

>80gb
>980ti or 1080

Never, i've been playing as Anthony/Ben since the beginning.

Once PC players run out of longshot ammo they are fucked

good luck wallbouncing with WASD

You need to get your eyes checked

>blocked in your country
da fuk?

Ideal is for 4k I think, reccomended is for 1080p 60fps

why do skinny fedora virgins like playing as female characters so much?

its gears, not cs.
I play with some of the best pc vets, and even so, some of them still use a controller.

Move out of poopyplebistan

So what do you guys think the "Seriously 4.0" achievement requirements are going to be for this game

Seriously
>Kill 10,000 in versus ranked match total

Seriously 2.0
>Kill 100,000 enemies in any mode

Seriously 3.0
>Reach level 100 and unlock ever onyx medal

Seriously Judgmental
>Beat all declassified missions on insane

it's dog shit for starbucks hipster cucks

interesting they used that for the music

>a woman ruining something a straight white male originally created

hmm never encountered this before

this shitty meme has to die. people cant follow a game or post about it? are they a shill cause they are trying to spread awareness of a game that they are excited for?

Its apparently multi-tiered requring stuff from each mode

The only one i ever unlocked was 2.0 and Judgmental

gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/6/returnofhorde

>To earn Seriously 4.0, you’ll need to:

>Complete the Campaign on Insane Difficulty
>Get to Re-Up 10
>Earn all Ribbons at least once
>Earn a Rank Placement in each mode
>Get all 5 classes to Level 10
>Level any 5 Horde Skills to Level 5
>Complete all 10 ‘on-disc’ maps from Wave 1-50 (any difficulty)

One of the few games that caught my interest. My xbone is ready

that seems easier than previous ones, besides re-uping ten times

>Get to Re-Up 10
That seems to be the only difficult or time consuming requirement. I like it, looks challenging but doable, they really fixed it after going full retard with 3.0.

I'd say is 3 > 4 > 1 > 2

Judgemental was pretty easy aside from a few missions
>The first Cole mission
>The first Sofia mission
>The last hold out mission
>The second Sofia mission

He still has brothers.

bump

>female gears
dropped

What is: Gears 3

a game that came out before antia got any power

>thinly veiled windows 10 ad

>we killed all the aliens
>oh nvm there's another aliens

>qt indie skinny beanie girl in fucking cog armor holding a 100 pound chainsaw gun
ok.

at least they made anya muscular

this is literally just fucking Life is Strange holding a gun

TOO SOON

Gold weapon skins are horrendous. Though honestly weapon skins in general are terrible.

Not really

The queen was pretty THICC

>more sjw shit
no thanks

How come the gears games can make alright looking women but half of AAA studios can't?

>more sjw shit
How

bigger arms than me desu

Why must they continue these storylines?

I spent 7 years fighting the Covenant in Halo and finally won. I thought it was over but nope, there's more shit to do.

Same with Gears. The story is over, the Locust got wiped out. Let the characters retire in peace.

Make some original games for once.

Well the bright side is Marcus ain't the main focus anymore and it's taking place 25 years later.

kek. this was said once before but it still makes me laugh.

Female locusts weren't breeding machines you fuck the Berserkers had to be chained down just so they could get their dicks wet

i think hes referring to female protag. not inherently bad or sjw at all.

They don't laugh it off, they say that it fucks your vision and you might not see a sniper

RIP A. Carmine

is there a carmine in this game? fuckin better be

Who /buying this for Horde/ here?

Dongus Carmine?

>we just fucking fought the Germans in WW1, why the fuck are we fighting them again in WW2?
>dude we just fought mudslimes in the gulf war, don't tell me were fighting them again in the 21st century!
>ugh, world, be more original for once!

This is what you sound like

So who did Marcus have his son with?

Anya

She's barren

Her mother faked her files so she didn't become a baby factory

DELETE THIS

Apparently not, Anya has been officially confirmed as the mother.

>i think hes referring to female protag.
I don't see how that's anything to complain about, some could argue Anya was the second main character in Gears 3 over Dom

The IP seems better handled than 343i handles Halo. It looks like Gears and they're doing new things. Also it has Robots.

But surely all the fucking she'd done previously would have impregnated her? Oh well whatever that's a reason at least.

THE TRUTH MUST BE SEEN

Surprising, I thought it'd be a kind of "Yeah Anya and Marcus didn't work out" sort of deal

>Zombie Dom

why, how, what the fuck were they thinking?

Fan service? There a young Dom and regular Dom too.

Rod Fergusson is pretty much the GoW series' dad, you can really tell he's involved in 4 like in the other games.

WELL HES FUCKING DEAD. it makes perfect sense. personally i think its a hilarious nod.

People wanted to play as Dom still but it would be weird to have all the old characters and still have a young version of him

What fucking? She was still a virgin by the events of gow3.

It's alright, it's not like MP is canon or something.

who wants to share gamertags? lets get a day one horde thing going.

Im gonna play doubles advocate here
>a great couch co-op game
>gory as hell with more executions
>60fps with dedicated servers
That being said ill get it when it drops to $30

>gears was always about macho bulky guys in massive suits of armor

i've never played a gears of war game so im outside looking in. i always had this general impression of the game and always thought it was pretty cool because of it. like something that appeals to the "old school" man. after i saw the pic in my initial thought was "why the fuck are they so small now". even for people that haven't played the game this is bullshit.

>we want the casual young professional in his late 20s with mixed gender and ethicity friends
Money talks but fuck them for losing touch with what made them great

Whoo!