STR vs DEX

ITT: Cred Forums discusses the generic stats STRENGTH vs DEXTERITY, or POWER vs SPEED, etc.
>in games?
>in your favorite game?
>in real life?

Excuse the meme-tier image, I couldn't be bothered to find better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The dex/speed builds are edgy katana cloak shit everytime. So i usually prefer strength based builds in half my games (if magic isnt available)

That image is wrong, because you need dexterity to hit a bullseye.

>implying it doesn't vary based on the game and class and often even specific build

>are edgy katana cloak shit everytime

What are rapier, spear, bow and dagger builds

speed so I can be a fast ninja like I dream off

That's just his Luck.

Strength always. There's a reason you have to wail on peasants with a Halberd in Dynasty Warriors, but any mount and blade character can drop a serf in one chop.

Dex+Luck best build.

Don't mistake spears with videogame quarterstaffs

>Arguing about something Mother Nature decided on 4 billion years ago

Speed/DEX always attracts the most faggotry. In tabletops like GURPS and Heroes, Dex is basically ability to hit AND dodge. So it's just full of super rogues or swordsmen that you can't do shit to if you're not on par with them.

You wanted to play a tank or strong fighter? Nope, they just dodge everything but always hit you with much larger crit windows so lol, you can't tank for shit.

Inb4 cance- Second to Int, humans are Dex.

Who keeps making these threads?

must also have 70+ luck to get that accurate of a hit with only 4 dex.

how is axe throwing a fad, man

INT false flaggers

Quality is the way to go, if anything with a slight lean to Dex but mostly balanced

there is a cooler way to waste power?

What is happening there? It's fascinating

>Implying Guts isn't maxed in both Str and Dex, and uses Int Wis and Cha as dump stats

Why not both?

I don't know how new RPG's work tho, but in past mages would be end-game strongest for AoE and assassins (dex/str based most of times) would be strongest for single target.

Still, I'd say STR because sword and board is classic and always works fine.

STR all the way. Always gets the coolest gear, DEX only gets faggot ninja deviantart shit.

Stop user don't summon him hurry and delete it.

Generally it boils down to
>Dexfags are edgy
>Strfags are braindead meatpuppets who just wanna SMASH and can't turn down a hot chick
>Intfags are knowitalls who will laugh at you if you have even 1 point of Int less then their build.

Intfags are That kid

Humans are one of the slowest animals though

In games I usually pick STR because I think it's the standard and also because AGI is usually underpowered in most rpgs. Irl I preffer AGI because versatility.

Humans are very weak too and I was thinking of actual dexterity.

>Needing stats as a crutch to win

SKILLfags report in

Eletrical current generating magnetic field strong enough to make a magnet float.

agility has strength in it, mate

>needing skill to win
LUCKbros ww@

dex isn't speed but the preciseness of movement. hummingbirds move wings fast but aren't as fast as a falcon. humans are the only animals that can make intricate devices

I would usually do a build with a balanced STR and DEX for no magic runs.

CON

they are passing a current through the cooper wires
which causes a magnetic field around it
making the peace of probably iron levitate
but it also causes to electrons inside that metal to move due
that makes the iron hot
it gets hotter as time goes by
enough to become incandescent
and finally becoming liquid

Coil is creating a magnetic field due to motion of the electric current. Field lines are parallel to the axis of the coil. As the current alternates, the direction of the field switches, creating small circular currents in the metal. Metals have an extant electrical resistance, so some of the motion of the electrons will convert to heat energy, and the metal will heat up until it loses its magnetic properties. This instance, the metal liquefied, so when it fell it splattered.

Quality is only worth it if either stat has a soft cap.

Against a speed you cannot touch, no amount of strength matters.

I don't understand. Shouldn't it be strength vs agility?

>Bright blue eyes and that sexy smirk that pops up a few times
Muh

that's dex, though. moving your head so your cheek gets impaled instead of your brain isn't about endurance or health

agility is mobility, dexterity is accuracy

Exactly. But in these threads people always bring up speed. I don't get it.

Speed depends in what the game does with it. In games where it determines things like critical hits, evasion and double turns, speed is fucking broken

Do you guys not play vidya where STR build always need some DEX?

Generally games handle both as one.

DEX is accuracy AND dodge

funny because there's thousands of games in this exact situation and dex always wins

>What is happening there?

- high current/frequency electricity being pushed through hollow copper tube.
- water circulated through it to keep its resistance lower and generally not melt/ruin shit.
- cone shape of coil makes a magnetic field gradient along with reverse direction loop on top to make a lid and not shoot the slug out
- everything else is basically inductance both heating and levitating the slug though constantly flipping the field
- the drop at the end may be from turning the device off or just resistance in the liquid getting too high from the heat?

The Flash vs The Hulk?

>strong monster vs god

gee I wonder

Luck
:^)

DEX > STR

I'd say he has plenty of Wis as well.

>Flash
>In comics he says he can move so fast time is basically frozen and he can drool faster than light
That's pushing it.

True but the page also shows how he still has a lot of fight even after getting his shit kicked in.

humans are CHA. human success rests on the ability to form large and complex social groups, and to communicate and pass down ideas through language.

Also arguably END, Because we can run forever and are extremely persistent.

Honestly if you don't have both you're going to get fucked up.

Buuutt... in a pure match of str vs. dex, str wins a fist fight and dex wins a weapon fight.

>Not going INT DEX
>Not running around at incredibly hihg speed casting magic

I guess I meant SPD

pic related

speed requires strength

dex would be parry or block, dodge would be agi

>dexterity is just a damage stat
>there is no dexterity equipment
>if you want dex, you have to spec into other stats as well

Dude Mario can move at INFINITE vertical speed and last I played M&L his max speed was like 99.

Nah, Humans are INT. Humans tend to ignore words and kill other humans. A lot.

Then why are we choosing between STR and DEX? Or is DEX not the same as AGI?

>A character having the ability to do weird game physics/game bugs
I'll never understand this. I can't tell if it's some meme that feels forced or if people are taking it canon.

"That kid" people were CHA because they were convincing enough to make you believe their lies.

STR is for fags who like to jerk together,
DEX is for traps who take it up the ass,
CON is for bears who can keep forever,
INT is for people who don't show up at all

>in games?

I mainly like to play Rhythm, Stealth, and Fighting games and those require nimble hands and choices and sometimes frame-perfect input/timing.
So I think DEX is the winrar here.

>in your favorite game?

SOCOM 2? Guns Blazing is the last resort or the harder approach but you can guarantee if you prep your loadout with the STRONGEST guns.

In a way, STR I guess.

>in real life?

Both. You're expected to have both.

humans kill other humans in groups, usually because other humans belong to other groups. humans are very social by nature, that's not the same thing as being peaceful.

>for traps who take it up the ass
That's FAI, CHA or whatever the main stat for healers is.

CHA is for people who get paid after

OH MY FUCKING GOD FLASH IS DC ANDHULK IS MARVEL HIW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT FUCKING NOOB THEY WIULDNT EVEN MEET

>Almost no games separates SPD and DEX
>Have to become a faggot to be fast as fuck
How is this ok?

Shouldn't WIS just go up naturally or is basically just XP?

>God of War

Humans are the best sprinters in the word

Guts is one of those bullshit characters with 20s in every stat.

hulk can punt flash to new jersey
flash can infinite mass punt hulk into deep space
it doesn't matter if hulk survives that or not, he's clearly lost whatever they were fighting over

Humans are the best walkers in the world. When we run we use 30% more oxygen than we need.

No animal in the world even compares to how far and consistently we can run and sprint.

Humans can run more than a day straight. A cheetah bitches out in like a minute.

We can run at our top speed for longer than any other animal. Humans are high END

>Needing luck ot skill to win

Who else /cheater/ here

>god of war
>kronos battle
>100% STR char

>not fast enough to run down prey
>not fast enought to elude predators
>no animal in the world compares
it only works because we have int to make up for being mediocre in mobility

A bit late here, but Dexterity is the accuracy of movement, whereas Agility is the swiftness of movement.

Can't hulk bullshit his way into being an invincible wall and just stop flash?
Usually comic hero fights are bullshit vs bullshit

They can overlap. Dexterity usually refers to manual dexterity, how well you can control your hands, but it can refer to your general coordination, which is an important part of agility.

if you read about it the neanderthals would literally hunt wildlife by walking it down over a day until the animal just gave up from exhaustion

No. His sense motive is absolute shit. He has to be taking a penalty.

If anything, humans are INT and CON given these are literally what's made us the apex predator.

How did they get away with this?

>Strength
>Not being a bard with a bit of Dex
>Not verbally manipulating everyone you come across
>Not making tons of money being an amazing lute player and getting tons of women
>Not inspiring your comrades in battle with your magical tunes

I'd say DEX more than CON what with opposable thumbs and all that. A bear would be more CON in my opinion.

>edgy katana cloak shit
I gotta live out those fantasies somehow or else I'll end up going into public dressed like pic related

200 vs 4
On what scale? If it was the Elder Scrolls or something then both the target and the axe would have been blasted to smithereens.
And if it was D&D or something, and it was truly thrown at full strength. Then you would have seen a full blown crater and the entire region would have been severely damaged. At 200 you'd be stronger than the gods.

Its all about defining what each skill means and how it is entwined with its user.

Str
Int
Dex
Con
Agi
Wis
Cha

Hp
Mana

Weapon/No weapon

Strength is higher than dex if paired in a fair match.

>god

lul

that's con or endurance, not dex or agi. superior stamina/ energy efficiency + tracking ability over raw speed

Wis>Dex

This really doesn't make sense.
Flash can see shit like this before it even happens, he would see the sword moving into the direction before slade even knew he was doing it.
This is silly

Then I choose AGI. Gotta go fast!

that's the point. speedsters can only be beat by bullshit or another character's plot armor

>games
Strength
>favorite game
Bayonetta. Does not apply
>real life
>implying being ripped as fuck means you aren't fast
Not how muscles work in real life son. I have a brother who's around 200+ pounds of solid muscle whose top speed in a dead sprint is fucking scary.

>implying being ripped as fuck means you aren't fast
you can be fast, but you aren't agile if you're "ripped as fuck." the fastest men in the world are fit, but not "ripped as fuck"

Dex usually wins in real sword fights.
Even if some dude is really strong, he's better off using a more agile weapon unless he has some specific matchup in mind.

Maybe when you have someone who dumped points into STR and they pick up a DEX weapon like the dumb shit you posted.

Have you seen your brothers dick though?

>less/more intellegent
>not basing it off int
I don't even have smug enough anime girls to laugh at you with.

that just means he was lacking in INT

just like how people have dex fist fighting str and losing?

Isn't this K vs R selection type species?

If so, the comparison kind of works.

A couple of twists would be needed. The difference between sex drive isn't the amount, for one thing, but its sublimation and deferring of gratification in K afaik, while the point of R is 'emergency mode, we need to repopulate fast as we can, PUMP MORE KIDS OUT ALREADY'.

>Not maxing both
bunch of faggots around here, I see

what's the point of strength if you can't hit your opponent?

post your fave factions
Also, american conquest dlc when?

fuckyou nigger hollow bleed shit jm chugging my fucking estus fuck you MAXIMUM damage everytime
irl I'm fat as shit and strong as fuck so str builds is me

my nigga
I was angry at the whole niggers are superior because genes thing, I think shin should've been the top goat. They didn't even give balance to the characters, they just put panther as the top runner period

>not maxing STR to be fucking invincible

Who needs to hit anything when you're a Paladin that can't be hit?

just like your pic, the ones who max both are stuck with shitty armor and get fucking btfod all the time because low def

However, they deal top tier dmg and if youre good at dodging then it's all k

>Dex usually wins in real sword fights.
That is actually not that true. Sure, in fencing and unarmoured fights it might be, but in armoured fights not so much.

Strengths matters far, far more than skill and finesse. That is just the way things are. It's why you have martial arts among other things segmented into weight classes.
You use skill and finesse to get an edge to people around your relative level. And that level is strength. If your opponent is a weight class above yours, your skill will sadly truth be told not likely amount to all that much.

And the same is true for armoured sword fights.

>he doesn't max health regen to heal more dps than the opponents can deal

>Conan doesn't wear armor
when will this meme die?

What human can run for a day straight? And if it's an athlete, is it a fair comparison to contrast a human at an artificial prime vs a normal animal that hasn't sculpted it's body to the upper limit?

FINALLY, someone who understands me

>wear two rings that lower armor requirements by 50%
>never have to worry about it

IRL, power is speed.

There is only a fitness tradeoff between strength and endurance.

In my video games I prefer str to speed.

STRfags btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

>IRL, power is speed.
Not true. Speed stat is more related to good weight/muscle and more complicated things like muscle fiber recruitment or muscle explosiveness and general technique. Dexterity also serves as general coordination/balance stat.

This is why it is bullshit whenever the flash is defeated. If the guy could fly he would be above superman.

There are only slow and fast twitch muscle fibres my friend. You make a fitness tradeoff between one or the other, or a mix.

You suffer a speed loss if you gain bulky mass, sure. You also have to make sure you are training for the specific type of athleticism, e.g. sprinting, because doing squats all day may help, but in the end you have to build muscle memory with the muscles you use to sprint or you win't be such a mad cunt.

But at the histological level your cells make the decision to be fast or slow twitch based on the type of mechanical loading you place on them. This constraint evolutionary in origin, there is no other type of skeletal muscle fibre. Strength and power are speed.

>Wasting time with stats
KeK

>There are only slow and fast twitch muscle fibres my friend. You make a fitness tradeoff between one or the other, or a mix.
There are two types of fast twitch. The fastest twitch muscle is actually related to not being physically active. There is also muscle recruitment factor where average person will often use 50% of their muscles in normal situation while athletes usually get up to 90% or so which is also why you can see people being strong while not looking the part.

Overall speed isn't related to strength as much as you would want. Sprinters do look pretty strong but they are always lean. They are nowhere near strength athletes. Same with fencers, basketball players and more. Speed doesn't correlate with muscle mass positively after you reach certain level. Speed is better left as their own stat or merged with dex than handled as strength. Speed is complicated and has several factors even baring just pure acceleration rate.

Bulky muscle is fast twitch muscle boyo. The act of lifting weights is anaerobic, which is also why sprinters and NFL players are ripped as fuck.

But user, you can go LUK+STR and make your crit chance so high DEX becomes useless.

We're saying the same things m80. You can't be fast without also being strong.

If you train for any martial art, you're not going to get Brock Lesner bulky unless you are that genetic freak. If you train for strong man competitions, congratulations, you can bench, squat, and deadlift a lot. It's an achievement in itself but it's not going to help you much in a fight like training and drilling for that would.

Is there even an option?

I'd like to add: that's why it's so fun in video games to imagine being Brock Lesner or The Mountain, ruthlessly crushing opponents with raw strength. It's something so far out of the realm of what's achievable for me, which is to hope to be able to fend a handy, more physical attacker off long enough to shoot him or for help to arrive.

Charisma

>in games
Depends entirely on the game. Personal experience-wise, RPGs almost always favor Str builds, while Dex characters reign supreme in Fighting games.

>Real Life
Str at low tech, Dex starts to catch up when plate armor becomes a thing, and Dex is more important when firearms are prevalent.

Pointy cloak shit?

>Charisma
Nah, just max ranks in Bluff + bonus to Bluff for being a nigger

I am fond of the way older WRPG's handle it where both are viable to level together and ideally you don't want to ignore one too harshly. Action RPG's limit the system because you don't have a stat dedicated to hit chance/dodge/etc. as that's handled by the player. So DEX and STR just turn into stat requirement dumps or as a way to increase damage. In an older WRPG, you could dump into STR but neglect DEX, making you a massive brute who dishes out damage but misses often , or a DEX focused character who's swift and agile but can only utilize certain weapons and misses out on STR damage bonuses.

>not maining scimitars
How about curvy cloak shit?

whats the point in dex if your opponent wont get hurt?

>relies solely on i-frames

I think what he means is that we have very high endurance, in terms of running. We often hunted by endurance by stalking/following faster animals until they were too tired to run anymore.

There is research suggesting that we developed bigger brains because we preferred to hunt by throwing, and calculating throws takes a lot of brainpower.

If you compare human capabilities to other animals, aside from intelligence, we are world champs at throwing and long distance running

>long distance running
long distance walking you mean
we aren't the best runners on the earth but we manage to compensate

you realize giantdad has minimum points in both str and dex and everything in health/endurance

I mean like jogging/fast walking yeah