Should I get the Scorpio instead of ps4pro?

Should I get the Scorpio instead of ps4pro?
Also PCfags, explain how is Xbox doing native 4k, I thought only PC master race could do it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2TXbDJwZ3E
usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/09/15/microsofts-loftis-xbox-gaming-and-scorpio/90408722/
venturebeat.com/2016/09/19/4k-uhd-tvs-are-being-adopted-faster-than-hdtvs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should get neither you retarded asshole

Scorpio. No one knows how it's gonna do it, but I imagine it will be 499 and still only be 30fps while in 4k

And if it turns out you don't really want a Scorpio, you can get a PS4 Pro secondhand for like 100-50 less dollars at the end of 2017. Don't be a day one cuck.

who is the semen demon

Neither you dumb fuck. 4k is a joke. Think of how much you used 3D tvs last generation. Probably never right?

When the 4k retardation dies out something else will show up

It should render my asshole.

Assuming it's not just a boldfaced lie, then it's probably "native but only for the W10 version" or something like that to shill the new OS. Microsoft's been making a big deal over being able to play your Xbox games on PC, if I remember right.

You got to remember that Xbox is always second priority to selling Windows.

post link i need to know who demon is

4k isn't comparable to 3D though. It's literally just a better resolution.

that's like going back a decade and saying that 1080p is a just shitty meme and you can't wait to go back to 640x360.

alright found her
Alysia Judge

>explain how is Xbox doing native 4k
It's not? They only say stuff about Scorpio still, it's scheduled for late next year which means neither we or them really know what Scorpio will be able to do. If they're lucky technology will have progressed at a pace which makes it possible and not too expensive. PS4Pro is able to exist now because it only has a modest GPU upgrade and uses fake 4K

youtube.com/watch?v=x2TXbDJwZ3E

See
The ps4pro is able to exist now because it isn't even nearly as impressive of an upgrade as xbone --> scorpio

"Any games we're making that we're launching in the Scorpio time frame, we're making sure they can natively render at 4K."

usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/09/15/microsofts-loftis-xbox-gaming-and-scorpio/90408722/

What about ps4 pro slim vs Scorpio?

That's what I'm saying. PS4Pro isn't a huge upgrade and we don't know if the Scorpio will be either other than some company representative's word. And again, it's FAR off which means PC will have even better technology

So am I supposed to buy a 8k monitor?

No, but 4K monitor with 60-120FPS at max graphics vs 20-30fps at medium graphics.

considering the leaked hardware specs of the scorpio it seems like it will easily achieve that native 4k output. it's an underclocked 490 at minimum.

Technically they are right. Though a mid range gpu can run native 4k but the frame rate is abysmal. Its been marketed on PC for ages now.

The only way Scorpio will be able to do 4k is if:

A) it costs at least $600

B) it runs games at 10fps

4K is still enthusiast-tier even on PC.

Sony wins first half of gen
and Microsoft win's second half.
You have to own both to win the war

If you really want 4K gaming, get PC. Since only minority of console customers will be playing in 4K this generation, devs will not put too much effort into it. And it's not just fucking resolution that makes stuff look good.
Wait until next consoles if you have to.

I'm sorry I don't have time to Google shitty drivers errors and windows 10 update every 5 mins. I just want plug and play, I'm not gonna waste my money on upgrade when I could buy a console and be good for 5 years.

> I thought only PC master race could do it
And you're right. Top-tier pc builds still can't run any modern games in 4k at a decent framerate.
You can run Cs:Go but beyond that, it's a struggle. Either scorpio is fueled by black magic or, as is more likely, they're just talking a bunch of bs.

Also PCfags, explain how is Xbox doing native 4k, I thought only PC master race could do it

Okay, here's how it works.

Open up ms paint, and load a 1920×1080 image. Then change the size to 3840x2160. This is literally what PS4 pro and XboneS are doing.

Upscaleing a 1080p game to 4k.

Is the NX gonna be real 4k?

The NX will be a handheld, so no.

you can run 4K easily right now if you turn down your graphic settings

exactly what the scorpio is gonna do

Doubtful

>Has time to be wrong on an imageboard
>doesn't have time to know that drivers auto update

It'll be as 4K as Okami PS3's native 4K resolution is.

>console players still stuck on 4k
>meanwhile PCs are running games on 1174405120x16777215

Catch up with the times fags.

Who is this semen demen

I may need to start watching IGN now

Any hardware can output 4k if you program it to, moron, but the hank Scorpio will not be running games in 4k, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

Microsoft is lying unless their games plan to run at 10fps

10 is being generous. Try like 3fps.

I don't have time to debate on why PC is a hassle

If they're targetting 30fps it's not all that impressive or out of reach really.

I mean shit look, a stock clocked 970 can do that on GTAV maxed out, and the scorpio will probably have a bunch of shit turned down too.

>tight neckpiece
It's hiding an adam's apple isn't it?
Every fucking time

If you are mentally handicapped sure, but then again it's why console exist, though these days they require as much waiting as PCs between updates and other shit.

>running native

user I don't think you can read...

are you a literal retard?

no it's not you retard. you can't say it's outputting a native image via up-scaling. that's a contradiction.

no point to grab a scorpio since literally every "exclusive" it's getting is coming to PC, just get a decent PC instead and if you really want a console just grab a ps4 for the jrpgs

Why is everyone jumping to 4k when 1080p was hardly achievable on consoles?
Even the highest end PCs can hardly handle 4k at a stable framerste, let alone a slightly more powerful console.

Focus on acheivable and impressive visuals at 1080p

just wait for the PS4 Pro mkII

it will take time but I'm speculating xbox tears eventually.

Not to mention that almost nobody has or will have a 4K TV for several years.

Do you want to wait another full year and pay $150 more? Do you like japanese vidya more or do you like Halo/Forza/Gears more? What kind of stupid question is that?
Get the one that has the games you like, it's that simple.

You don't even mention which genres you like, or if you already own a PS3 and Vita. This is clearly shitposting

>no issues or updates
>plug-and-play
>not upgrading
>be good

None of this applies to consoles any more you dingo. Consoles are the worst experience with no redeeming benefits now that they've been trying to emulate personal computers for the past decade. Hell, this thread is literally all about console upgrades that are coming out ~3-4 years later.

Very disingenuous, there's a lot more to it than that.

>4k is a joke
Almost every TV over 50" is 4k user. Anything under 70" is affordable if you aren't a poorfag and there's a decent amount of content.

It renders it at like 1200p and then upscales it, putting the burden on your TV and the game will run like shit anyway.

One of the first sensible points I've seen in these kinds of threads.

10% of TV owners already have a 4k TV, with 33% to 50% set to own one by 2020.

4K TVs are the new norm, you can find a 55" 4k TV for less money than what a 44" 1080p TV cost 3 years ago.

She needs to whiten those teeth, asap.
Crest white strips will do the job.

The problem is how many of those are fuckawful panels useless for gaming. A lot of cheaper 4K screens people buy because 'whaomg 4K' have horrendous delay, and some are still sold without even being able to pull 60Hz.

But consolefags are cheap and this is what they always complain about. Having to pay a bit more to get more value just doesn't make any sense to them.

WIth backing evidence, as well. It's a shame the voices of reason will always be ignored.

>3584+512MB

Trackmania Turbo outright lists mine as 3500mb. Makes me laugh.

Normies won't notice 10 ms more delay and no console game is going to do 60 FPS @ 4K (native or upscaled) beyond maybe XBL/PSN indie titles.

Cheap panels go beyond 100ms of input lag. And considering you see people clear out bargain bin Vestel-panelled budget screens, I imagine there's a lot of them out there. 100ms is noticable when you're playing something pretty fast paced.

Scorpio wont do native 4k only upscaling. dumbass

depends on which console has more games that look interesting to you

I personally am more interested in the ps4 line up with Nioh, Hob, Last Guardian, God of War 4, Rime, etc...
while Microsoft doesn´t over anything that I wanna play

remember you are buying a video game console her not a dvd player

I thought this was an exception, so I looked up some more benchmarks and I was surprised that even my old R9 280X can achieve over 30 fps at 4k and very high/ultra settings in most games.

Well done user. If more people would bother to do some research instead of pulling stuff from their arses we'd have a whole lot less shitposting.

You can make any game run in 4k if you tweak the graphics to look like shit, i am really off about what Microsoft is saying about all this shit.

6 tfaps
Plus dx12

>"lol see pc fags we can do it too"

Yeah, six years later. We've moved on. We have larger, loftier goals now. There is a new reality that awaits us, user. One that your peasant consoles can't compare to. One that remains pure and untainted by the market and media. A new, digital reality.

And we're going to use it to fuck cartoons.

Shit is going to be fucking glorious. Join us.

Serious question.

If Microsoft sells the Scorpio for profit or at least with 0 loss, how much is the minimum they could sell it for?

I don't understand how they are going to be able to jump from 720P-1080P 30 FPS to 4K 30FPS without it costing far to much for any console gamer.

It's going to be sold at a loss, no way they can compete with Sony otherwise

But that doesn't make any sense, they are already leagues behind Sony on console sales, do they honestly expect a more expensive console with a feature most end users can't even use to sell enough units to make a profit back on games sales?

Actually that just made me think. Are they planning to sell 4K games for more money then standard?

venturebeat.com/2016/09/19/4k-uhd-tvs-are-being-adopted-faster-than-hdtvs/

What did they mean by this?

>all 4k tvs are 40+ inches
why? I just want one in my room at my desk

Just get a 4K monitor then? They range from around 27"-35" or something along those lines.

Maybe I'm stupid but could someone explain to me what the big deal is?
As far as I know a majority of games this generation are still struggling to run at a solid 30 fps at 1080p. Wouldn't struggling to render the game at migh higher resolution make that problem even worse?
When I hear about 4k gaming in computer stuff it just seems like a solution to using anti-aliasing. The whole game will look clearer, but the visuals aren't actually better right? I mean they aren't going to start using super high resolution textures because it would further bloat the 50-60gb download/installation a lot of modern games have and probably look worse than ever when it comes to games that use any version of the Unreal engine.

You fucking dipshit ever heard of texture resolution?

4k Gaming means that the texture is in 4k resolution and it looks crispy on a 4k TV.

720p texture resolution will look shit on a 720p and 4k TV.

PCfags BTFO

I'm not the best at explaining but there's a lot more to it than just aliasing, which is also a common misconception: at 4K you still get aliasing, it does not make AA redundant like a lot of people seem to think. Basically at 4K resolution you literally have 4x the pixels/detail/information on the screen compared to 1080p (9x compared to 720p). The image quality is a LOT better.
And regarding visuals being better, you don't even need super high-res textures to make a game look clearer. I'm hoping this gif may be able to help you understand the kind of change in visual fidelity that upping the resolution creates.

>buying a console that charges you to play online on top of buying the game.

Do they even allow you to keep the trinkets they give you for the cucking? wait for the NX, if nintendo starts to charge for online fuck them aswel.

Speaking of 4K, I can't believe I just now found out about custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel. Everything looks so good now and don't even need a 4K monitor. Using a XL2411Z which is running it at 60hz.

Nintendos online is dick though.

>want to play World of Warcraft
>$15 a month for JUST World of Warcraft

>Xbox
>want to play online
>$10 a month and access to online play on virtually the entire xbox library

>somehow the xbox live is the worse deal over MMO subs

Stay mad PCfat

Oh yeah, that was really dumb of me. It slipped my mind how gorgeous a lot of emulated PS2 games look and how (3)DS games are made with actual art assets in mind and only look like muddy pieces of shit because ir's running at 400x240 or something.

Why Ign always put hot chicks to make those videos? It always those bland young models with make up and clothes that makes then sexier than they are.

Hot chicks sell. In other news, the sky is blue.

No worries, glad if my explanation made some sense.

she's not even hot. they have way hotter chicks on their shows.