Remember when Bowser was orange with golden spikes?

Remember when Bowser was orange with golden spikes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNhbzNgDFdI
youtube.com/watch?v=WHdvwrgO8bo
youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ose7A8P94
youtube.com/watch?v=zlCbDmDdZh0
youtube.com/watch?v=bnS4cqyW7Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=OSIyMsjiKBE
youtube.com/watch?v=UqaNsUEljCU
youtube.com/watch?v=w54UfWPH5Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=z6M2xt_Ks4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=f6e0CGXOS2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GphACo5c0Y0
youtube.com/watch?v=yY7bRl5Kz3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=55bxrufCmuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bowser is sexy.

i hate agreeing with this but i do

remember when he had a cape?

no

Yes I remember the inferior design. What about it?

I remember when no one fucking knew what Bowser looked like so they just winged it.

Yeah, that was cool.

remember when bowser grew tits?

I thought he still was

remember when bowser could be taken seriously as a villain

Nah, only in the Paper Mario series. And with how things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that.

Remember when Mario characters were allowed to change?

wow I haven't seen this thread in a while
no

remember when bowser had white, slicked back hair?

use the fungus

>SMB3
>SMW
>SMRPG
>SM64
>Paper Mario
>SMG
That's really it, isn't it?

this... I mean.. gah, I honestly can't refute this, it's kind of just a fact of life.

Why did Peach stop wearing the traditional Toad hat?

>SMW
>rides in a clown
>SM64
>"You beat me! Good job, Mario, I knew you were strong! Let's watch the credits together xoxo"
>SMRPG
>crybaby

>Why did Peach stop wearing the traditional Toad hat?

She never looked like that in the game though.

That clown car was very threatening.

I don't remember anything like that form SM64. I remember this.
youtube.com/watch?v=fNhbzNgDFdI

He was taken seriously as a villain in all of those games, even thought the tone was usually light and comical.

In stuff like Superstar Saga and Thousand Year Door he's just a joke. He was a genuine threat, not "lol im just gonna stomp you again faggot turtle"

Because she stopped wearing it.

>In stuff like Superstar Saga and Thousand Year Door he's just a joke. He was a genuine threat, not "lol im just gonna stomp you again faggot turtle"

To be honest although I really like those games I didn't like what those meant for the character. I think it's a bit dubious to use the most story heavy Mario games to lampoon Bowser.

Since people will start treating those games as how they see Bowser. Super Paper Mario was the absolute worst for it.

>That clown car was very threatening
Yeah, if you're afraid of make-up and smiles.
>I don't remember anything like that from SM64
It's right after your "epic" confrontation where you fling him like a rag doll.
>He was taken seriously as a villain in all of those games
SMB3 has him sit through his own floor. SMW has him cry and spin away in his farting clown face. SMRPG had Bowser kicked out of his castle, where he subsequently proceeded to bawl like a baby and kiss Mario. Paper Mario had him write in a diary about his crush on Peach.

Bowser's a goofy-looking thing that gets lucky, but ultimately fucks up because he's dumb.

Remember when Bowser sat on my face ?

>tfw no BIG BOWSER BALLS posting ever again

It was jarring how they got the Koopalings at least looking like the right species, but then had Bowser as this croco-hippo thing that looked nothing like the games.

To be fair, the TTYD Bowser was still engaging as a villainous-fish-out-of-water scenario.

I think the weird monster limbs, impish manic silhouette and sound effects were what made it scary.

Superstar Saga is the only M&L game that does that. every other game in the series plays him more seriously,he even betrays an ancient evil in one

>It's right after your "epic" confrontation where you fling him like a rag doll.
No, he shrugs off his defeat and says he'll watch the end with his troops.

>this cartoon villain does cartoony things therefore he is not taken seriously as a villain within those games
Shut up, man. Nobody's saying he's Dark Matter Zero levels of serious. But he was presented as a threat to be wary of, he had a foreboding presence to him.

The great debate

I'm not arguing against that, I loved him in TTYD on to a lesser extent SSS. Just saying he has been taken seriously before, even if he is a bit of an immature bonehead.

New Super Mario 64 sucks.

BAH, BAH!

I think it's because Bowser's design was the same between Super Mario Bros Super Show all the way to Super Mario World's cartoon.

So they based his design of the SMB sprite for the Super Show and choose to stick with it even when Bowser's proper look came around with SMB3.

My theory is that DiC saw the first Nintendo Power cover and thought Wart was supposed to be Bowser so they just based their design on that.

Remember when Bowser was graceful?

Their designs have been pretty static since the GCN. Only thing that's changed since then is fixing Mario's weird GCN jaw.

Cartoony characters should not be animated with motion capture, Jesus.

Moar

But isn't it great how there's just one routine that they manage to map to every character no matter how they're shaped?

But user, wart was a frog, so even Nintendo power got that wrong.
He looks more like K.rool.

No.

It's right enough, Wart has always had teeth.

!

NSMBWii fag

He needs to win something, and it needs to stop being so damn obvious that hes either incompetent or just can't compete with mario running and jumping everywhere. Fuck

>ancient evil

Antasma technically won

He was Imprisoned, but at the cost of trapping all the Pi'llo people

Does someone at Alpha Dream have a vore fetish?

Just because Bowser has fun dialogue doesn't mean he can't be threatening

Dream Team he was a big threat, helping Antasma and stopping you Everytime

Even Paper Jam, despite how many times he keeps fighting with paper Bowser, they get serious

They fucking destroyed Peach's castle and the final fight was horse shit being able to counter the main gimmick of the game

You're joking!

Every game has to have Atleast one instance where somebody gets eaten or just a bunch of fetishes

Bowser still had his giant suction boogaloo in Dream Team oddly enough

Shitposting aside, NSMBWii was the first time Giant Bowser was used effectively

You couldn't do shit to him but run away

Every other game did the giant gimmick in the most garbage way possible

How is that odd, he didn't spit that up at the end of inside story or anything.

I know

He didn't use it at any time in the game except for getting the dream stone pieces at the end

Remember when Bowser was kinky?

Yeah, he was most threatening in SM64 and Paper Mario 64, and he had plenty of fun dialogue in those,

The fact he is a threat but acts cute and goofy at times is why he is a well made character. He is powerful, but isn't pure evil.

Remember when Luigi was blue and yellow?

I did like the part where he wanted to grow real quickly, so he committed suicide to activate Rump Command.

Is he the best grappler in smash??

What about BIS?

DID YOU KNOW

THAT THE VA FOR BOWSER IN THE DIC CARTOON IS THE SAME VA FOR SAM IN THE SAM AND MAX CARTOON?

One indisputable fact is that he is the vidya villain with the best bunch of boss themes. By far:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHdvwrgO8bo

youtube.com/watch?v=C1Ose7A8P94

youtube.com/watch?v=zlCbDmDdZh0

youtube.com/watch?v=bnS4cqyW7Ys

youtube.com/watch?v=OSIyMsjiKBE

youtube.com/watch?v=UqaNsUEljCU

youtube.com/watch?v=w54UfWPH5Fo

youtube.com/watch?v=z6M2xt_Ks4Y

youtube.com/watch?v=f6e0CGXOS2Q

youtube.com/watch?v=GphACo5c0Y0

So yeah since we are on subject

Apparently the previews from people with Review copies of Color Splash seem to have general consensus

There's nothing changing the fact that it's a sequel to sticker star

That being said, the game in general is a doing a much better job at doing what Sticker star was supposed to

The worlds are more creative, the puzzles aren't a giant guessing game and are a lot more relaxed without frustration that causes people to just quit sticker star.

Also apparently the writing is really on point in a good way, Sticker Star's writing was garbage filled with paper puns

While Color Splash does still have puns, the writing is a lot more funny in dialogue wise rather than capatilizing on a situation

They say it's really good even for treehouse's standards

Remember when japs wrote the lamest movie ever?

>Oh Scrap! Mario found a power Star!

Heh

Since we are on subject, is Bowser orange with golden spikes in that game?

Oooh haha I get it! Because the world is paper, and paper scraps, and he couldn't say "oh crap" so he said "oh scrap" because they're made of paper! Ahahaha!

I've always found some of Bowser's dialogues funny in this game, but yeah, they flanderized his "RPG incompetent self" a bit too far.

He was badass in that game. That's my favorite portrayal of him.

No, bowser is black

Have we seen Bowser from the front in the other Paper Mario games? Maybe we could compare to see if he was redesigned at all.

That's only if the Mario RPG games are the only things people played has seen Bowser.
As quite pathetic as he was in that game, Bowser was my most used character in that team with Carrie. Some of his dialogues were fun to read, too.
Either way, BIS seems to be the best character portrayal for Bowser.

They look the same. That's if, the color scheme is the only thing they changed.

It's a plot point in the game, he has mastered the power of black paint or something

So what will BJ look like when he grows up? What'll be different from his dad?

No, I meant they must have made his skin yellow and spikes white/beige in Color Splash as expose to his original orange skin and yellow spikes from the previous games

He'll basically look like his father except he's wearing a bandanna around his neck, a pony tail like Lemmy, and probably a bit less buff since he uses his invention to fight rather than his full strength.

He can't be wearing that same crayon bandanna when he's a grown ass man, he'd look stupid

Then he's gonna wear a white generic bandanna.

Why is Jr so hot?

It'd be neat if his eye color turned out to be different, especially blue eyes just to fuck with fans about who his mother is

It'll be a cape

Remember when Bowser got fat as fuck?

Well, given that Baby Bowser looks just like him, they'll probably grow up to be the same, revealing he really doesn't have a mother; he's a clone.

I sure do.

I count more than one fang in that pic, so they aren't completely the same.

That's pretty cute.

So this, basically?

post more

The fuck is he doing? Kegels?

Yeah, something like that. Even though this a fanart of him as a preteen, but he'll probably look like his old man with a some sort of a long pony tail with maybe bandanna like that

Playing a Wii game.

I can see that happening, if they ever do a game involving future time travel.

remember when Bowser wore himself as a fursuit

He needs to wear this outfit someday.

All that macho posturing and wrestling around with his double

>who his mother is

you mean Kammy Koopa?

>caring about outdated designs

What about other game.

Yeah fuck that movie but only because of the ending

How different will Adult BJ be compared to Bowser (commanding, plotting, strength, etc)?

Apparently he'll look like this

I honestly think, if they do a game set in the future, he wouldn't be the villain. He'd a brash anti-hero and a new villain would be brought in.

I want to fuck bowser

someday

More like his grandmother, also Nintendo looks like they're trying their to get rid of her since her absence in SPM

Probably slightly more of an anti-hero, more focused on machines. Probably faster but lighter and less muscular.

I'd prefer it if Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. had more visual distinction. Give Baby Bowser full fangs, a mohawk and closer-set eyes would work, and have him more bad-tempered and less scrappy-doo.

Is it bad I kind of like this? Because a few games such as Mario Party: IT have been implying that BJ wants to be a hero, but only because he wants people to praise him. I could see him as an adult saving a day just to get some glory and stuff.

Like his dad but bigger, chunkier and doofier, with a top-knot rather than a mohawk and longer, thinner, curvier horns. Maybe green eyes.

Well it'd also just make sense from the standpoint that, if you're gonna set the game in the future and have different characters, you wouldn't have essentially the exact same villain.

Personality wise he basically is just that nowadays: Junior but ten times as bratty. Also, he used to look a lot like you described

Remember when Bowser finally gotten married to Peach and the world implode?

Clearly looks better.

What an ugly design.
I just don't understand why Nintendo is making Baby Bowser look more and more like his son.
Even without the bandanna, he looks and sounds like Bowser Jr.

I know in Yoshi's New Island's case, at least, it was because they directly ripped Junior's model to use for Baby Bowser. He wasn't the only lazy modeling in that game, either.

Yeah, that's why I suggested what I did. I think changing the topknot to a mohawk would work better.

Also, does anyone really like the super bulbous nose? Like, that's supposed to be a Mario Bros. thing. Making it smaller and keeping the mouth as just a younger, less-jaw-heavy version of Bowser's distinctive maw would greatly strengthen the visual identity of Baby and Jr.

Batons are kind of boring, I miss ribbon.

>cocky badass motherfucker
Best Bowser

Dropping him off in the middle of the road during the final lap would seal the win so long as you were in first.

>you will never mind break bowser

I think he meant they tried to make tool literal.

>yoshi is a dinosaur, so lets make him literally a dinosaur
>shit, let's make the whole thing about dinosaurs

I really liked how they played up his failure to another villain until he got up and fought back.

Looks like Cackaletta beat you to it.

Mario and Sonic really undersells the absurdity of it all.

>those are actually real

Oh shit, redesign confirmed. Modernised paper Bowser confirmed.
Overlay one over the other, the head shape is different and the body is designed to be bigger with less focus on his big head, like the modern design.

That's from Super.

Exactly the same as Bowser.
More interesting question is how his other kids would look as adults, and how they'll turn out.

Mario and Sonic participating in Olympic events.

That movie was pretty fun shut up.

This Bowser is best Bowser.

I know.

Nitnendo wouldn't make them litteral copies-- what's even the point of the father son dynamic if there is litterally no differences between them?

Man I loved Super Paper Mario apart from the actual game.
Someone has to mod it to play turn-based like the first two someday.

Remember when Nintendo was good?

Are you talking about Bowser Jr or Lemmy? Because that Lemmy looks a lot smaller and leaner than Bowser. It only makes sense that he'd resemble his adult parent as an adult though, they already look like him anyway.

Something about the older paintings really popped, while the updated stuff looks like a flat high school yearbook photo, especially with that background

That's the lamest possible adult Lemmy I can concieve. Lemmy isn't Lemmy without googly eyes and misleading nimbleness.

Junior

Because older Mario games tried to make the enemy designs and art styles different between each games. Goombas looked one way in SMB3, another in SMW, another in SM64, another in Paper Mario, they'd keep mixing it up. Starting with the GCN everything always had to be the same all the time, leading to the "standard Mario" style and designs across every single game with little deviation. Even Paper Mario isn't safe, everything was redesigned in Sticker Star to resemble the "standard Mario" incarnations.

Also because one is a well-made drawing and the other is 2 shitty models posed together.

I think it's okay, but yeah I'd like to see someone do better.

Bowser Jr is already exactly the same as Baby Bowser, so it only makes sense that a clone would still be a clone when he grows up.

>nintendo will never make bowser canon gay

What, no, it was the DS that started everything must be the same. Only the party games for the GC had a fixed look, and that was because they were party games. Look at Sunshine, TTYD, Luigi's Mansion etc. - plenty of individuality.

When he can't get Peach he uses the Koopa Kids as backup.

I worded that too strongly, I meant that I'd move the line to DS rather than GC. The rest of the point is absolutely correct.

What's so bad about a redesign though? Sure, they tend to look stale compared to older ones, but some of them just look outdated nowadays (Ex: Old Paper version of Dry Bones).

Old Paper Dry Bones knocks the crap out of current Dry Bones. Looks crude and ghoulish, without being nasty.

>Someone has to mod it to play turn-based like the first two someday.
Yeah, that would've been great. Would definitely try it out.

At least the current one's face looks closer to an actual Koopa Troopa.

He isn't exactly the same-- the two were different looking for quite some time.

Listening to the Super Mario 64 theme someone posted and this video is surreal

Why is that either good or revelant? Real-life skulls don't look like grey versions of the live creature's head with bigger fangs. Look at a dog or cow's skull. Old Dry Bones is stylistically better, conveying both a more sensical image AND with less detail, AND better fitting the use in the story. Dry Bones are not nasty gremlin-type obstacles, they're spooky faceless things that don't die.

The problem with the redesign is that they're made to be samey compared to , not to freshen things up. It's more bland. I would rather they keep one subseries that has comparatively expressive and unique designs over them changing it to make it more of the same.

Also the first game has the best art style. Just throwing that out there.

compared to the rest of the Mario series
I accidentally

Yeah that's something I've always wanted. I loved the walking around, music, and characters, but that's pretty much all there was to it. The game's so easy you're pretty much always just walking around and killing stuff effortlessly.

I remember when he was all green.
youtube.com/watch?v=yY7bRl5Kz3Q

Does Peach like Bowser? She doesn't look like she outright hates him, just his actions. Do anyone Peach sometimes sees Bowser as friend who she wished for him to get over his crush for her?

So true, me too. Kind of obvious that everyone who played the game wished it was like that, too.

As often as she gets kidnapped and rescued unharmed, I'd say that's the Stockholm syndrome setting in. I'd feel kind of sorry for the guy too.

According to stuff like the comics, SMRPG, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, she does not like him. Even ignoring that he personally attacks her kingdom and her defenseless subjects all the time, mistreats her, and hurts Mario, she thinks he's an obnoxious and generally bad person. He's greedy, he's selfish, he's cruel, uncaring, insensitive, and dumb. She doesn't like being around him. But I don't think she wants to hold a grudge against him, even after all he's done. She's too sweet for her own good.

Remember when Mario was allowed to change his clothes?

Remember when they gave Bowser a voice?

Yeah, why'd they stopped? Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina can't be the only ones allowed to change their clothes.

MARIO! HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY FAMILY VACATION!

*SUDDEN JAGUAR ROAR*

Peach looked very likable in that show.

They should give it another try, I think. They definetly should if they make a Sunshine 2

Weird thing is that Junior kept his voice-- he speaks in snippets from time to time.

But animation is hard. :(

KING PIMP

Oh shit, another picture of his SMB3 design.

Different VA.

But he still talks, at least, and it's still the Sunshine voice style even with the different actress

I remember hearing that it's because they couldn't decide to make the big bad Bowser or Wart, so mixed them together for King Koopa.

Luigi's color was still in flux at that time. Green and brown in arcade Mario Bros. green and white in SMB1, I don't think they finally settled on green and blue until SMB2.

I think it would be weird hearing Bowser talk when the only things he makes are roars, growls, and grunts. That's kind of like wanting to hear Yoshi talks with his voice.
However, I could wrong since in BIS, Bowser has his moment of speaking words in his voice and it doesn't sound too bad.

Remember when Mario and Luigi went looking for the Triforce?

Given that Galaxy and every game from then on ditched the voice acting, I don't think it's coming back. But if even Zelda games are getting voice acting these days, who knows? Maybe they'll try again with Mario when they feel the time is right. I personally wouldn't mind it. The awful voice acting in Sunshine is pretty endearing to me, but maybe that's just because it's a game I grew up with.

Who the heck subtitled 3つのパワール as "riforce?"

They didn't, they subbed it as "Triforce"

>bowser finds a pipe to this new world of technological wonders
>kamek somehow manages to create a magical device able to connect to an vulnerable wifi network and acess the internet
>they get to look this thread
>pipe is sealed forever with every single physical and magical means they have, JUST TO BE SURE

current thoughts on BLACKED Paper Bowser in Cum Splash?

he actually talks this time.

>Yoshi talks with his voice

Kazumi Totaka would have to learn how to speak fluent English for that to work out. But he could easily speak Japanese.

On a related note, I find it interesting that dismounting Yoshi in Sunshine sometimes makes him say "areee~?" which is a distinctly Japanese interjection, and unique compared to his usual gibberish.

That's his son. If you watch the video he jumps on the bowsprit of the ship. I know that's not much, but that's the kind of detail Nintendo seems to always remember for their characters, and I wouldn't put it past them to use it as a hint.

god that's fucking sexy as hell

That SM64 autistic youtuber should do a video on the Bowser puzzle board in the lava level. I wonder how it was programmed and if it could be broken in some hilarious ways.

Yeah, aside from the box art I didn't know there was any other art of him in that look.

I actually wrapped up a SM64 playthrough a few hours ago. Something I noticed about the sliding tiles is that, if you're riding a shell on top of them and one of the tiles slides out from underneath you, your shell doesn't break and you keep riding unhindered, as if the tiles were completely transparent. I guess they were only programmed to have hitboxes on the tops, and not the sides. There's probably nothing interesting you could do with them from a technical standpoint.

Character design in Mario was pretty fluid.

It didn't truly settle until sometime during the SNES era, if not post N64.

He has a black outline so he's the best character to me in it already. Also he has a kick ass theme.

>Anime Luigi's traits became Wario
>Super Show Luigi became the canon personality.

Miyamoto must have been pissed about that twist ending about the Wigglerpuppy.

>All that build-up just for Mario to get cucked

remember when bowser dropped the bass?
youtube.com/watch?v=55bxrufCmuQ

Something about being scared of losing iconic recognition or some stupid shit.

You need to think about the state of the Mario franchise at he tie. At the time Mario was basically just a mascot and he'd be put into different settings with different casts every time. He started out chasing down an escaped gorilla and rescuing his girlfriend at a construction site. Then he and his brother were clearing out pests in the sewer system. Then he did some demolition work and feuded with his jerk of a boss. There was no reason to believe that the fantasy kingdom of mushrooms and turtles from the latest game would be anything more than another one-off deal. They didn't think they'd keep rehashing it for 30 years. So they couldn't have it end with Mario marrying the princess and settling down or something, he had to go back home and be ready for whatever came next.

If Gooper Blooper isn't involved somehow this'll be just as much of a missed opportunity as not having Waluigi at least cameo in Dream Team in Luigi's subconscious.
It's not like it hasn't appeared in the other paper marios.

Well, we know Bloopers are a thing in general at least & it's a trend in these games so have a Blooper as a boss so I think there's a high chance we'll at least get something, maybe not Gooper Blooper exactly though.

I've always found those sounds Yoshi makes in SMS really adorable. Maybe he be the first character out of the main cast to speak japanese?

Mario only cares about fun and adventure, Luigi is the more sensitive and thoughtful one.

I don't understand, what's wrong with the anime? It's been a long time since I last watched it. Plus, I watched the whole thing without any sub/dub at all so I kind of had no idea what going on in the plot.

Paper Jam

I liked Bowser Party, it should return for future Mario Partys. Maybe an actually good one.

It's not a Paper Mario game without a Blooper boss. Even Sticker Star knew that.

Dream Team

Yeah, just like how M&L always have a wiggler boss

That's a very different way to look at Mario, huh.

Bowser/Peach is the best

No. Bowser cannot be black. We do not fear him.

That song scared good ol' little me.

>I don't remember anything like that form SM64.
120 stars ending

He doesn't say anything like that in that ending either.

He got the quote wrong but it's not that different.

It's pretty fundamentally different, man.

Was the black woman in the club even based on a character?

Big Bertha.
For what it's worth, I liked that the movie tried its best to pay homage to the games, even in live-action. It wasn't bad at all.

DK

Wrong thread?

this is furry and against the rules

>Big Bertha is the giant Cheep-Cheep that spits out the tiny Cheep.
>Boss Bass is the one that chases you and eats you.
>Nearly every Mario fan gets this wrong.

For what it's worth, that IS Big Bertha in that artwork

>playing the beta version

I want that scalie to sit on mine.