This is on sale right now for 8 bucks

This is on sale right now for 8 bucks.

Is the PC version just as good? Anything I need to know?

Is the game still fun and all?

WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER WHO'RE YOU?

Just as good as what?

I don't know how the PC port is, but I got it for $5 with all the DLC and it's pretty good. Solid length and a lot to do. Don't expect something quite as deep and detailed as GTA, but it's still a great open world action game.

>Don't expect something quite as deep and detailed as GTA

you are joking right? if anything the cities in sleeping dogs feel like actual cities, way more detailed that GTA

>way more detailed that GTA
>citie(s)
what did he mean by this

The definitive version is worse looking than the normal version. Do NOT get tricked.

Not really. It is in some ways but it's better in others.

It's not like he can buy the normal version now anyway.
Plus, the DLC is good.
For 8€ it's worth it.

I got each version as physical copies for 5€ each, great deals

Yeah this game is great. PCucks will try and splithairs over the HD for-sale version on steam and forget to actually just say the game is great.

That's what always happens with remasters.
People review the stuff that was changed, not the game itself, that's why the Bioshock remaster is getting such poor scores on steam.

Bioshock is great, everyone already knew that. The remaster is fucking piss.

Sleeping Dogus was great, everyone already knew that.
The remaster doesn't really change much and just felt unecessary.

it's the best AAA game of the last 4 years

I bought the remaster for $20 on PS4. Definitely worth it for the sheer amount of content, but the graphics are somewhat PS2-tier and the city feels lifeless and very copy-pasted. I was also disappointed to learn you can't explore anything beyond the city (wilderness etc) as you can in GTA V for example

Forgot to add, since it's so fighting-oriented I'd recommend playing with a gamepad for sure if you're on PC

did previous owners get the Sleeping Dogs remasters for free?

No.

Because that is what should be taken in to account when reviewing a remaster. We have all played the game, if it does not look 100% better why did they even try? OH because people need pay for that bull shit. People should "split hairs" about what the game looks like to hopefully deter consumers from making shit choices and perpetuating this bull shit industry.

Not really. Even if you don't like it GTAV was incredibly detailed, even pedestrian comments were varied and interesting. THe missions in Sleeping Dogs are fun, but they're also all the same. You can't call SD a deeper game than GTAV, at least.

How so? Looks like they just added fog

The original PC version is better than the definitive edition. Try to find that online somewhere instead.

>that's why the Bioshock remaster is getting such poor scores on steam.

Are you seriously saying we can't judge a fucking REMASTER based off of its predecessor?

Even if you're dumb enough to believe that, the new Bioshock is getting shit reviews because it's an ugly, buggy mess that barely would have been acceptable LAST gen. Reviewing it in a vacuum does not excuse its faults.

wat. This seems like a given for PC remasters.

The remaster was with consoles in mind,not PC.

This was a port for the PS3 and 360 players to be able to play a game no one gave a shot at the end of last generation. They brought it to PC, and the only sketch thing is that they took away the original version from the store.

It is really not that buggy and messed up. You're buying into a narrative of sensationalism that any online community thrives off of. You'd prefer a controversy to something good because that's just too boring now-a-days.

GTAIV had a more lively city than this that felt like it was a place people lived. SD doesn't even have that many interiors.

>its not that buggy

>the sound and mixing is completely fucked up
>the graphics are worse
>it runs way worse

>nope
>nah
>no it doesn't

Time to think for your self, worker Cred Forumsee

>comparing sleeping dogs with GTA in terms of detail

wew

not to mention all cars in sleeping dogs feel like wooden boards

it's basically the arkham series most of the way through. shooting's the same, nothing spectacular. it's fun in that same way Kirby Planet Robobot is fun, it's easy, and you're wrecking shit up.

it's seriously more of a genre piece - Hong Kong triad, police and crime movies than it is a good game. for people who haven't seen those kind of movies it can be a new experience.

Played through this recently. Good hand to hand combat and environment attacks, good driving/vehicle combat, good basic parkour system, good simple police-vs-triad scoring and ability system, standard but enjoyable undercover cop story, didn't notice any performance issues, honestly I don't really have any complaints.

For comparison, I also recently tried playing through GTA4 and GTA5, but those games seemed to revolve around driving between cutscenes, at least for the first few hours, so I couldn't be bothered continuing with either of those, whereas I completed SD (though no way am I going to bother getting all the optional collectibles).

That first sentence is a mess dude. Shooting like Arkham? It's fun like some Kirby game, whatever that means?

It's the one GTA clone that manages to be better than GTA. Get it ASAP, OP.

PORK BUN
O
R
K

B
U
N

TAKES GUTS TO WEAR THAT

No, I was just stating the facts actually.
The "updates" are the only thing worth reviewing about a remaster because as i said, we already knew that the game was good in terms of story, gameplay etc.

That's the whole point i was trying to get across.

i'll explain myself better - the game mechanics are nothing special and very simple. hand to hand combat is like the Arkham series. very basic 2-3 button combos. the only satisfaction i got out of it was seeing guys get beat up in hand to hand combat.

there's nothing fancy about the gunplay. it's got bullet time, but so what - it's just there. if it were a shooter, you'd skip it.

driving's been touched on already.

but i still played it all the way through.

So should I just pick up a copy on the xbone if I e never played it, and don't want worse graphics, or is the pic version good enough?

It's worse graphics than the original PC version, not worse than consoles - and worse in a very minuscule way. Just get it on the PC.

Will do, thanks.

The graphics are only worse compared to the original PC version, but it's really petty shit mate.
Get it on the PC.

I loved this game, the story kind of drops the ball in the end but overall it's probably my favorite open world game. If you enjoy chinese cop thrillers, this is pretty much it in video game form. Hong Kong is super comfy in the rain too.

Swear to God if I find that nigga...

The original game is overall worse looking, the remaster just lacks a feeling of dampness to some degree.

The game is good, expect a sequel NEVER EVER.

Anyways I hear the definitive edition slightly runs worse on PC compared to the original.

JACKIE, SHIT, FUCK!!!

See what I mean?

Overall remaster looks better and more modern but some parts look a bit off. Can be fixed with reshade though.

The comparisons from when the remaster was released on Steam were not using HD textures and probably not even maxed out settings.

PC is great. Really good game with a lot of charm.

It's not a problem starting with definitive

>rescue Jackie
>he walks off
>dies anyway

I DON'T EVEN LIKE THESE PEOPLE

>50 posts
>No JUSTICE

Why not?

He is a beacon of Justice that we can only hope to strive towards.

Which one is which? First one looks better