Genocide Route Sans is unironically the most memorable boss fight of this gen

>Genocide Route Sans is unironically the most memorable boss fight of this gen.

Prove me wrong

you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EGlD9wO7PCw?t=2820
youtube.com/watch?v=pL5STXqyBK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PROVED

Memorable? Probably.

Best? Probably not.

It's still fun to speed run geno. I remember when I started to get into it, it's just kinda tedious

He disagrees.

The DJ Octavio fight in Splatoon was the most fun I've had playing a single-player game in a long time.

>a big dude with a sword

*yawn*

I genuinely think Dark Souls 3 has overall the best boss fights of the Soulborne series, however I think they were all largely forgettable, especially compared to some of the standouts in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne has Cleric, Vicar, Gascoigne, Gehrman, Logarius, Ludwig, Maria, Orphan, and Laurence. I honestly forget that Nameless even exists compared to these.

Yeah nah. He was just annoying.
The princes and even soul of cinder were better.

>Cleric
>Laurence

>Good

well, well, well, someone in this thread is a massive shitter that don't know how to appreciate a memorable boss fight.

I'll never forget this boss fight

@352342630
>sword
i bet you thought youd get a (You) from me, didnt you

>>/reddit/

*guffaw*

>Sword
You haven't played it. Otherwise, you're blind.

>Small skeleton with jacket.
*Yawn*

>bossfight
>a lategame mob and 2 dogs in a small room
God I hate the O&S-were-hard generation.

>Sans
>not Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow

>most memorable meme game of this Gen
FTFY. Everything about Undertale was fan-fiction tier nostalgia pandering. Memes may be memorable, but that doesn't make them worthwhile.

It same kind of shit as people who reference the WWAAAAAZZAAAAAPP commercials from the 90s. Just plain stupid hipster meme shit.

>implying they're not more memorable than Nameless King

>enter the fog
>and kill the dogs
>everyone walk the dinosaur

t. underage 2000 kiddie

You seem like fire blasted out of your asshole their user.
Are you okay?

> Laurence
Can go fuck himself with that aoe spam.

>meme meme meme meme meme
Is this what prolonged exposure to /v does to your brain?

>that one boss fight that you want to forget

This guy is awesome. Event one is my favorite fight next to 140 Deviljho.

Even in Undertale alone, I thought Flowey, Mettaton and Undyne were more memorable.

Why would you want to forget such a great boss battle?

Most memorable in the fact that you have to memorize all his bullshit in order to beat him.

It was more the setting and music that made the fight feel more visceral. Plus his behavior was different from the lategame capras iirc

Soul of Cinder and the Dancer of the Boreal Valley were pretty neat.

Pontiff Sulyvahn, too. He had a stand.

Enjoy the new Star Wars and Ghostbusters films with your* kids!

It's only memorable with context, if you threw some random into the fight without the ENTIRE game behind him, they wouldn't get it at all.

who?
what geam

shit how'd you find me here

The current gen is shit so that's not saying much

>3DS filename
>Kirbyposting
It's you bby

If it counts as this gen since it's also on PS3, then this.

Francine is still shit.

SHIT

Context is everything, all the time.

There's no situation in which removing something from its context results in a fair perception of what it is.

>I've never heard of reverse image search

You are jaded
The borb you love has turned against you

this user is on the right track Except he posted the wrong boss

I'll alwayd have my penguin husbando.

I'm off to /r/
See you later

Context a shit, if the boss is fun as fuck then it will be memorable, hell you might not even know who or what are you fighting and yet it can be a great boss battle if it is done right.

boi

>Not Heart of Nova

i'll do you multiple layers of irony better

Not quite this gen, but no other boss fight in recent memory had me going "fuck yes, let's kill this asshole" as much as this sequence.

>Not the entire bossfight as a whole and the events leading up to it

>Playing tf2
>Some retard on the mic
>"I prefer to call him Sahnnnz, as it better accents his rich personality."

I'll do you one better.

>no ebaums or SA grenade
wait am I getting too old for this shit

It's not even the most memorable fight of its game

everyone in that game had meme personalities with dark backstories in order to make it seem like they had depth. I liked it but even I admit all of the characters were memes. I mostly just liked the music and the boss fights.

>>>wsr/192670
Love you
Keep being you

It's amazing how good this fight was and how shit the boss for true ending was

Shit lol

Considering how disgustingly terrible this gen is, you might not even be wrong.

YOU BASTARD YOU ACTUALLY DID IT

AAHHH, YOU WERE AT MY SIDE ALL ALONG

Doesn't hold a candle to any single SKULLS fight in MGSV

Neutral Route Flowey is a better boss fight from the same game.

That said most of the bosses from Furi are more fun and interesting than Sans. Genocide Sans is a fun fight but not something to remember for all time by any means.

What are you on? Flowey is a boss fight that is mostly scripted. How can it be better than anything?

>meme personalities
The fuck is this even supposed to mean?

Nice try, but no.

I thought Sans was a fight that was interesting from all angles including his gameplay.

The music is extraordinarily catchy (even though most of the music in it is)

The story leading up to the battle has an interesting premise after the normal antagonist calls you out on your sick actions

The battle begins with a crazy-for-the-engine setup that you ha can die immediately from if you don't git gud quick

You have no invincibility frames

He tries to attack you by literally cheating and breaking the rules of the battle system

And the meta commentary throughout it is also pretty interesting, even if in the end it's rather shallow and meaningless. It does, however, hit home to the fact that you were going through the run just to see what would happen, to see more content, because you could.

Furi definitely has more interesting boss fights from a mechanical perspective, but Sans has more interesting aspects to the aesthetic of the fight. I think Sans is going to be remembered far longer than Furi's bosses will be, just due to the unique aspects of it rather than being "a good boss".

As opposed to the Sans fight, which is 100% scripted. The Flower fight at the very least somewhat changes up the attacks, and even fucking cheats if you manage to avoid damage long enough (the laser, not the savestate).

Not even close

Does anything even come close?

yeah no
youtu.be/EGlD9wO7PCw?t=2820

>And the meta commentary throughout it is also pretty interesting, even if in the end it's rather shallow and meaningless.
It might not be relevant to our everyday lives (outside of gaming anyway) but what's important is that it's correct, what Sans say hit the nail right on the head (and not just Sans, Flowey's "I bet someone like that is watching right now" too for example) and comes in just the right place, after you've took 3 or 4 hours grinding just to get to this point, you're a perfect example of Sans' speech when you get to it.

Tiffany is shit

>Gore Magala not memorable
nigga please

>and even fucking cheats if you manage to avoid damage long enough (the laser, not the savestate).
youtube.com/watch?v=pL5STXqyBK4

[EXTREME] Metallic Archaea

>Taro-san, it seems the players didn't like the final boss fight of the previous game of the series. What should we do for the final boss this time?
>Hmmm... Let's do the exact same thing again. No, wait! Make it even harder. And longer. And throw in a little input lag to spice it up. They'll surely love it this time!

>no ebaumsworld

If they're so memorable how come I never see them mentioned anywhere? Especially W101, didn't that game only sell like 20k copies?

W101 isn't casual-friendly.

fuck that shit my guy, that mission and the extreme quiet mission were the worst for plat

the brennan makes miracles happen though

I don't have to. It's solely memorable because the rest of the game is exceptionally boring beyond compare. Neutral and Pacifist are nice for one run (read: 2 if you go unspoiled, which spoils one's ability to enjoy it a bit)
Then Genocide is a pile of total ass, I get why he did it, but he very easily could have put some more boss fights in without making it "you delete everyone except Undyne and Sans from existence."
Even the fan shit is better than base Undertale.
Also,
>Of this gen
God no.

It was a new IP on a system no one bought and the game had little to no advertising, and wasn't casual friendly to boot.

>Neutral and Pacifist are nice for one run
You're not really supposed to play those multiple times. Undertale is a story-driven game, and the gameplay serves the story. First run is neutral because you don't know any better, second run is Pacifist (or Genocide) with tweaks that make it different enough. Last one is nothing or Genocide.

>he very easily could have put some more boss fights in without making it "you delete everyone except Undyne and Sans from existence."
Genocide is boring af but I can see why killing everything shouldn't be fun. Undyne and Sans are more here as "fuck you" bosses than anything

who

It's a spear you blind fuckface

I do feel the meta-narrative was great, both the Flowey leadup and the Sans fight itself, but at the end of the day it's a video game. Sans was right, I was there to get all the content out of the game I could and once I had committed genocide on everyone I was done and moved on to a new game.

He's "breaking the rules" when he fights you, but it's still all within the overall rules of the game. Attacking at the menu just means you're applying the dodging on a new field, the time skips just mean shorter reaction times, the opening barrage (Including when he attacks before he finishes his opening speech the one time) is just a harsh intro to the fight, the pause at the end with his "turn never ending" to stop you is even an idea I've heard before from the comic Kid Radd. Even the lack of invincibility frames isn't entirely alien, because every boss introduced some new gimmick to learn and deal with and the frames are just arguably Sans's gimmick. If he crashed your game, corrupted your save files, or reformatted your hard drive, then he'd be breaking the rules cause he's attacking from outside of the game mechanics itself, but only Flowey does that (Kinda) with save states and crashing the game.

I'm not saying Sans sucks at all, it was a fun fight, but kind of like Undertale itself I feel like it gets overrated.

No, the Haltmann fight was really good but every phase of Star Dream blows it out
>Halberd finally doing something
>that amazing opening sequence and all 4 of it's themes
>send off to RtDL styled-Kirby is a shmup final boss as it should be
>the fanservice and attention to detail (Nova Heart as soul form, summoned objects connected to Nova in fthird form)
>Kirby piercing the heavens
It's to the point where I have no idea how it will ever be topped, it was the best Kirby finale period. They could just stop making Kirby games and I would be satisfied

>an idea I've heard before from the comic Kid Radd
didn't toby actually read kid radd
he said he was a fan of it on his old tumblr
and then he deleted that tumblr because everything on it was old and embarrassing
but still

It wouldn't surprise me, Kid Radd was moderately popular and also big on it's meta-narrative about gaming. I'm not even saying that it's a slight or theft or anything, just that it's an idea that I first saw many years before Undertale.

>You're not really supposed to play those multiple times
Unless you want the special bonus ending post Genocide True Pacifist. (Since most people would go Neutral, Pacifist, Genocide.)
And also, I meant Neutral and Pacifist feel mostly the same except the bonus content at the end, so Neutral detracts heavily from Pacifist.
And while I understand the whole "killing is bad" thing as well, doesn't mean he couldn't have made you feel like shit in some other way besides giving you this dead, depressed world variant and everything popping like a balloon except 2 characters, good thought process, terrible execution.

>pc games
>"gens"

I can play undertale on "last gen" hardware.

>And also, I meant Neutral and Pacifist feel mostly the same except the bonus content at the end, so Neutral detracts heavily from Pacifist.
That's what I meant by tweaks and changes, like you turning before Sans tells you. It's not too much yeah, that's why I'd actually advise playing Neutral - Genocide - Pacifist (after wiping save files). Some people would argue it's kinda hypocritical, and detracts from the Genocide thing, but in the end it's just what you can do in a videogame. Playing Genocide before Pacifist allows you to rediscover the Undertale world with more joy since you're sparring everyone after having killed them all, and there's much less repetitivity.

>And while I understand the whole "killing is bad" thing as well, doesn't mean he couldn't have made you feel like shit in some other way besides giving you this dead, depressed world variant and everything popping like a balloon except 2 characters, good thought process, terrible execution.
Execution is bad, yeah. Unless you alt+tabbed Chara into searching for enemies automatically, this goes much faster this way

As much as I hate overhyping this game, I do have a hard time thinking of a more memorable boss fight in the past couple years - ya got me there, OP.

Are there actually strats for speed running Genocide? Killing everything in an area quickly seems like pure RNG

This. Sans was a really fun fight, but Splatoon is easily GOTY 2015

I died more times to Capra alone than all of my other deaths in the series combined.

it's not a fair fight in the slightest

if it wasn't in dark souls people would call it broken and glitchy but the "git gud" meme makes any criticism invalid.

What is this?

It is if you did genocide run last like you're supposed to.

Looks like the Bahamut fight from Final Fantasy 14.

Both other last fights are more memorable.

Yeah, I do have to agree that Sans is the most memorable boss in a long time.

Hard to beat. Excellent music. Climatic from a story standpoint. Clever meta-commentary. Lots of quotable lines. Develops both the character and the game's backstory. And ends with an emotional death scene.

For one fight to do of all this is pretty rare.

>There are people who STILL haven't realized that the objects he summons are from his SSU art

No, it's a swordspear. 50% blade, 50% handle.

I remember genocide undyne way more, the music, the attacks, and the spear in the eye , the fact it was way harder for me than sans and that I won that fight with 1 hp made it way more memorable for me

The thing that got to me best was fighting Asgore. The intro track, the music and especially the way he smashes the Mercy button on the UI was incredible.

>implying i put in the effort to do a genocide run

who /lazy/ here?

I used Alt+Tab if that's what you're talking about

This "Boss fight" was so memorable that everyone that played it will immediately know which game I meant simply by posting a generic sudoku picture.

And they'll all agree with me

what game has such a memorable boss, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing

What is defined as "this gen"? If that counts, then yeah, that beats out Undertale

>tfw Cheat Engine'd my health to 69696969 on the undyne and sans fight
>cleared my registry to avoid all the bad consequences
hahahahaha

He's got nothing on the CHAMP

>cleared my registry

memes aside, that donkey kick is truly something special

I agree.

It was memorable all right. Still not sure how I feel about it, but I definitely remember it. Good game overall.

999 on DS

It's shitty but it fits in with their design philosophy. If you actually walked into a dead end with a bunch of dogs and the Capra demon this is what would happen to you.