What are some jrpg you can sink 150+ hours into on PS4?

What are some jrpg you can sink 150+ hours into on PS4?
Pic will hopefully be related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gd2tLBz66lE
youtube.com/watch?v=9pVXrstyPNI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It won't be
its a hard fact to have to hear, but better to do it now and get over the disappointment right away

is that an actual in game outfit?

Dark Cloud 2
Wild Arms 3

It will be for deluxe edition buyers

youtube.com/watch?v=gd2tLBz66lE

Hopefully non
Games lnoger than 90 hours are usually just filled with filler content and fetch quests

>what is witcher 3

A long game with tons of filler content
And literally the first few hours all you do in XV are fetch quests

>tw3 doesn't have filler

Please tell me what you're smoking, i want to separate from reality to this degree

> jrpg you can sink 150+ hours into
no such thing

The side quests in W3 were some of the most fleshed out side quests in any rpg. Literally can't play any other rpg now because I want witcher 3 levels of attention.

Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

>activate witcher sense
>fight reskinned monster
wow

Any Disgaea
Final Fantasy XII, VIII and IX
Front Mission 3

is that the $80 one or $100 one?

(You)

He's right though
Sure, some quests get an extra line or two
Mebbe a little bit of background and dialogic
Which is better than say skyrim, but in the end, just like skyrim, 90% of those quests do not fucking matter to the game in the slightest and are glorified fetch quests.

(You)

And let's not talk about the bandit camp/smuggler cache shit

Thanks for the (you), I'm sorry you've had your eyes opened and been disillusioned to the point where there are no more tears, only your maymays

(You)

Shhh, no more crying. Give me another.

(You)

Keep going?
Since you have no rebuttal?

You made no point. I'll have a rebuttal when you make a point.

Witcher 3 quest puts me to sleep. No other games does that.

My point was made. Most of the side quests have no impact on the game at large and thus are literally by definition fetch quests.

What is your (you) this time?

>Most of the side quests have no impact on the game at large

Well done, you've defined what a side quest is! Now, make a point.

That they're fetch quests with no impact and no meaning. If you want to argue semantics and what they're called you should have said so at the beginning.

But the point that you're skirting around even now is that they're useless filler quests with nowhere near the praise your claim implied.

Guys I don't mind fetch quests. In fact, who even wants a 150+ hours story, I'll just watch an anime or a show.

You do you m8
The rest of us hate them

Hey

Witcher 3 is shit and you only like it because it was heavily advertised

>monster hunting side quests
>assassination of radovid side quest
>haunted island side quests
>crookback bog side quests
>curing monsters side quests
>last wish
>lord of undvik
>and many many more
>'useless'

If you want a game with shit fetch quest side quests look at dragon age origins, not wicther 3.

I don't think it's shit, but I do think it's mediocre and suffers heavily in the gameplay aspect. In a fucking video game.
I heard someone say w3 was the greatest game ever made here the other day and had to choke down my vomit

Only 3 of those quests made any impact at the end and one is a romance.
>and many more
There's also many, many more side quests that actually do nothing. You're missing the point again. You feel like they're fleshed out and given detail. In a way they are, and in that way I mean they have dialogue. But they also do not mean anything the same way collecting 20 boat asses means nothing. They're literally filler. Whether you think that filler is decent or not is literally your opinion.

Not a jrpg and a game with tons of filler content

>Only 3 of those quests made any impact at the end and one is a romance.
Yeah, well done. That's what side quests are. We already covered that.

You really are one dense motherfucker mate.

>the side quests of witcher are the best I've seen!
>they're literally filler with no impact on the game
>Yeah but they're side quests
>???

Fuck, I can't believe I had to resort to greentext to show you how nonsensical you screaming "it's a side quest!" over and over is when the point people are trying to make is that those side quests are literal filler with no impact and therefore skyrim tier.

What did you expect from the guy whose response was (you)

You are genially retarded. I'm telling you these side quests are fleshed out more than any other game and are more than just 'filler content'.

You bitch that they are all fetch quests, I point out plenty are are not 'fetch quests'. You then say but they don't change the ending so they don't count! So what is your point again?

>What are some jrpg you can sink 150+ hours into on PS4?
None worth your time
>What are some GAMES you can sink 150+ hours into on PS4?
Earth Defense Force 4.1, the only one worth your time

The original Dark Souls can net a sizable amount of hours on a first playthrough. But the side quests are rather vague, so doing them require lick every areas asshole clean and revisit them more than once to do them without a guide. Also the DLC also requires the same to even access it.

That they literally are fetch quests.

They have no impact on the game save for the twenty minutes you're doing them.

>they're fleshed out
Is an opinion.

>they're useless in the game
Is not.

And the "plenty you pointed out" weren't. They were save 3, quests with no greater meaning than completionism.

In that case the entire game is a fetch quest if you think those quests are all literally fetch quests.

No, I'm able to differentiate between a quest that is actively changing the course of my game and one that is not.
I'm starting to think that's your problem.

>DaS
>PS4

Wut

>that is actively changing

Elaborate on that.

Yakuza

A quest that has impact on the game and changes either the people, the game, the next thing you find, or the decision you make.
Hunting monsters is not a fucking game changing quest and I can't believe you need elaboration and your hand held on that.

>A quest that has impact on the game and changes either the people, the game, the next thing you find, or the decision you make.

Plenty of side quests did that. The witcher contracts might not have. It honestly seems like you skipped half the game.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 was pretty boring.

>Earth Defense Force 4.1 was pretty boring.
How does it feel to be dead inside? Do you have no inner child? It is literally the game every child wished existed growing up

>you didn't pay the game defense
You haven't given me anything but a handful of examples though, and like the side quests of w3, 70% of them were irrelevant.

Your claim was the side quests are literally all fetch quests, I gave you plenty of examples of side quests that weren't. Keep backtracking.

And you expect me to sit here listing all the side quests that aren't 'fetch quests'? Here's an idea, go play the game.

A majority of the side quests literally are fetch quests. Filler quests. Quests with no impact on the game. That was my claim. Not "all." But definitely most. I'm not backtracking, you're putting words in. Which I guess is better than (you) and screaming It's a side quest! Over and over but not by much.
Spanking of backtracking. You presented examples of quests that you said were not pointless filler, than agreed that monster hunding was just that when you were the one that proposed it.

I already played the game, which is why I know I'm right. You can't sit there and list all the quests. You've tried and failed already.

You're pretty bad at this

im on ur side bud, kick that kids ass

>agreed that monster hunding was just that when you were the one that proposed it.

I presented them as quests that were not literally 'fetch quests', then you changed it and started talking about quests that only change the ending.

When's the last time a JRPG actually had 150 hours of playtime?

The most I've seen is like 60 hours.

No.
In this post here, my first post, I highlight the fact that quests that have no impact on the game are glorified fetch quests.
Try again.

DQ7 is easily 100+ hours

And they are not 'fetch quests' but also don't change the ending. Try again.

You're back to arguing semantics.
>it's not a fetch quest because you don't fetch anything
Is that your angle?
You disregard the word glorified in front of it that changes the meaning to fit your argument too?

They're worthless filler quests, which is what everyone's fucking saying you fucking idiot

It's not a fetch quest because a fetch quest is go to point B, collect X and return to Point A. There is nothing to do in-between. While we all know witcher has multiple quests that all 'change' as you put it while you play them.

Nope, try again. They were called 'literally fetch quests' multiple times you fucking idiot.

You are actually arguing semantics. Holy shit.

The point user is trying to make to you is that they're filler quests. Fetch quests. Completion quests. The point was clear enough to anyone with a working brain. A rose by any other name. You're actually fucking retarded and have been btfo so hard you have to resort to "well this word doesn't literally mean that!"

>in a fetch quest you have to fetch something, it's not a fetch quest!

???

Is that an argument or are you going to make a point, because i'm still waiting for a point.

Elaborate on 'filler quest'.

It's not a fetch quest if the thing changes as you play just like that other user already said. Are you going against your butt buddy now?

I have made the point. You are arguing semantics.

>elaborate on filler quest
Have you not been reading the thread or are you too busy drooling on your keyboard as you type?

FFXV will be long, but only because of the many drawn-out, tedious fetch/monster quests it'll have.

>your butt buddy
Oh poor user, they all ganged up on you to tell you you were retarded?
Do you need an adult?
I'll spoofed you one more time- if it never matters in the game other than the 20 min you spend doing the quest, it's filler.

YOU GET TO FIGHT A GIANT TURTLE FOR FF15 HOURS

What's your point? Because you don't have one.

I want to hear your views on what YOU think is a filler quest, not on what other people said you mongoloid.

>I'm waiting to hear what YOU think is a filler quest
Oh, that's easy. Most of W3's quests are useless filler.

Both Xenoblade games will easily last over 100 hours, Xenoblade X will take 200 hours or more to get 100%

I didn't ask for examples, I asked for definition.

>if it never matters in the game other than the 20 min you spend doing the quest, it's filler.

Ahh got it. So 95% of the main story is now filler. Okay, interesting thoughts there.

Do you not know what arguing semantics means?
Here, I'll point you back to the point, although if you haven't gotten it by now, it's hopeless.

>monster quests
Yeah.
>inb4 half of that time is spent "stalking" it like you had to do with the Behemoth

Definition- a quest that has no impact on the larger game rather than the time you spend doing it is a filler quest.

Frankly, 90% of the main story is filler in witcher's case. That doesn't detract from the fact that the side quests are even more irrelevant.

>PCucks
LOL why is the "master race" so mad about losing out on FFXV?

Final Fantasy XII remaster will easily have you sink that much, but it's not anywhere near coming out. You can try Disgaea 5, but it is tactics, but you can put much more time into that than XII if you really get into it. I'm not sure there are other games that could potentially keep you busy like that for long. There is Nights of Azure, the new Tales, other Final Fantasys, Toukiden, you can look them up.

FFXV will definitely keep me busy for a long time though.

As of now I'm enjoying Xenoblade X and I have 400+ hours on it. I love the worlds, the dialogue, the battles, the traveling. Yeah, I find that fucking fun. Running through the open world sort of roleplaying in my mind as if it were me going through that beautiful world. I like it. Final Fantasy XV will effectively deliver me that because I love Final Fantasy and I love the world of XV so far. The modern mix is the coolest fucking thing I've seen. I love how the combat looks, after seeing Noctis air battling with Dragoon Girl I can't wait to see the potential or how far that goes, even if it's just a little bit. But I wonder how big monster battles are going to play out in the final game.

Oh well back to grinding for Ares 90. loving it.

Okay. So we really have nothing more to argue about then.

And do you agree with this user because if so we really have nothing more to talk about.

Hopefully Ni-Oh

I love tw3, but the main quest is heavily padded. Doesn't mean it's not fun, but they did stretch it. Basically the whole main quest is
>NPC 1 knows something about where ciri is
>NPC 1 wants X done before they tell you more
>do X, they point you to NPC 2 for more info
>NPC wants X done for more info

Repeat ad nauseum. The quests are still intricate enough to be fulfilling, but it is padded.

No Man's Sky has a billion hours of playtime and more ganeplay than FF

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. A majority of the side quests of W3 are pointless filler.

>arguing
M8, you weren't arguing in the first place. You were just kinda flailing about and then at the end you decided semantics was the hill to die on.
In any case, I'm glad you're done.

Answer the question. It's not 'irrelevant'. Because if you think 90% of the game is filler to my thinking very little of it is filler. Those are some pretty extreme views at opposite ends, and are two views that won't ever reach a conclusion.

k

>k
Ahahahaha it's the teenage girl equivalent of (You)

>grr answer my question!
No, because it's irrelevant. We're not discussing the MSQ. We're discussing the side quests.
Fuck your goalposting.

I agreed we can stop arguing. You won. Now let me talk me an adult here.

We're discussing filler content. Seeing what your views are on the main content and how much you see of it being filler or not is relevant. Why are so you so worried to answer a simple yes or no question?

I know I've "won" your internet argument, but that's no reason to be salty, chum.
Just try not to be so dumb?

>semantics didn't work
>better try projection
No one is worried about the answer. Your personal preference, your opinion, of the main quest and whether you like it or not should not interfere with an objective look at the side quests and their impact to the game.
You're literally asking "well do you like the main quest? Do you think it's filler? " when the point was "the side quests were largely unimportant."
The two don't correlate.

Yakuza ZERO in January.

I've sunk at least 170 hours on my imported copy.

And yes I consider it a JRPG. There's even a sphere-grid type leveling system.

This outfit actually looks pretty good on him.

>asking a question is now projection

You know, if it's that easy to trigger you over a question, my fucking god you must be a bore.

Asking a question isn't projection.
Saying "why are you worried" is.
>y-you're triggered, you must be a bore
And now ad hominem.

Look, if you don't have an argument, you don't have to post.

will we ever get another FF set in a more medieval world with an MC that actually uses a damn armor?

The side quests are interesting in The Witcher 3 because it's building out the world and filling in the blank spaces of "whats going on with the average citizen" in TW universe at the time. I think they serve more of a purpose of giving a feeling of grand scope, with NPCs having real lives and problems, and making Geralt not just a guy who happens to hunt monsters if the main quest tells him to, but actually making him feel like a Witcher. You pick up a hint of a monster, you deduce what kind of monster it likely is, negotiate payment, prepare for your fight with oils and poisons, take out the monster and collect. And that's just the straightforward side quests

I thought the sidequests were different enough that they were actually worthwhile. While, yeah, mostly they boil down to the same basic actions, the possibility of something extraordinary makes it exciting to take on a quest and contributes to the feeling of actually taking on the role of a Witcher

Hopefully not.

And if you won't answer a simple question, you don't have to post.

An answer which wasn't going to disprove what you are saying no matter had it have been a yes, or a no, But for some reason you won't answer, when all it's actually doing is making it seem like you are hiding something. Pardon me for seeming like I am 'projecting' and trying to figure out why a question is such a complicated thing for you. But instead you can continue to not answer, spout buzzwords while greentexting and I'll continue to ad hominem attack you.

This is how you make an argument for W3 side quests being worthwhile.
This is an user throwing a titfit and saying well ill just ad hominem when someone refuses to tell them why apples are red when everyone is discussing oranges.

Still not answering the question, you don't have to reply anymore.

The question isn't complicated. Don't flatter yourself. It's irrelevant.
Knock yourself out with the ad hominems though, if that makes you feel better. At this point I think that's your only point left.

That's great, considering I didn't get a single point from you either apart from a few greentexts and backtracks.

That's not me, dumbass. And the user was right. Whether or not you think the main quest was filler has nothing to do with side quests being filler.

You got plenty of points. Then you argued what words mean, and then turned to ad hominem.

I mean, I don't even know why I'm telling you this when the thread is still up. I'm getting a little tired of recapping your idiocy.

What are you niggas even arguing about at this point

>over 100 posts
>30 posts

oh boy this shit AGAIN

can't you autistic faggots stay on gamefaqs or neogaf or wherever the fuck you've come from

It's become muddled thanks to user, but the argument was "W3 has an abundance of pointless filler quests."

they got banned

>stop discussing video games on Cred Forums
I say this with no irony or joke at all; kill yourself. I'd rather talk to the retard.

You went back and forth the whole way through. Your refusal to continue with an answer to a question so I could better understand your point on what you saw as filler content just ended it all.

Source?

No, from jump I've said the majority of quests are pointless filler largely irrelevant to the game.
That answer will not help you understand my point and you don't seem to understand that, as you have admitted a bias for the MSQ and this is an objective discussion. Or, it was before you decided a bad argument was better than none.

Is TGS over?

Is that all we got?

Kinda disappointing to be honest.

But it is the best game

>That answer will not help you understand my point and you don't seem to understand that

How do you know that? If you've referred to me as a 'retard', how do you know how my mind works? It was a simple question which you got extremely defensive about answering.

#TEAM(YOU)

i want luna to shit in my mouth

Only some were good.
The vast majority boils down to "activate your Batm- Witcher senses and/or find a monster to kill"

I'm going to take you at your word and assume you're not a retard just this once, and I'll explain that reasoning to you.
There is no "defensive." I am not defensive. There is no defensiveness except what you are perceiving for some reason.
The reason why I am not answering your question is genuinely because it has no relevance and I am trying to tell you that. You have admitted that you can't continue an argument if a person thinks the main quest is padded because you think the views are too different. I am trying to get you to see that the relevance of main quests and side quests are two different things. That one is objectively not dependant on another. Since you are incapable of discerning and continuing your argument without your assurance for something completely different.
There is no paranoia. There is no "well you're just defensive." That's childish and a bad argument.

This is getting too autistic for me.

That character design is much better,
I hope you can play as the original e3 2006 outfit aswell

youtube.com/watch?v=9pVXrstyPNI

Thoughts?

the woman is so fucking annoying

That's a kickass bomber.
I want one.

you can

>die
>you yourself use a phoenix down as opposed to one of your buddies

stupid

>PINCH

jesus christ what is it with japs and this word

My guess is they took the english saying "in a pinch" and made it just "pinch" to describe any bad situation.