>HOW YOU LIKE THAT SILVER
why is every game doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8
gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Sera#History_of_Sera
youtube.com/watch?v=H_XiP5DJg-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>BUT... THAT GUN IS FOR LOCUSTS!

A bit on the nose? Is CDprojekt going to sue?

its the fucking locust, again
some survived and got infected by that weird goop
heres your plot

Plot twist. Showing Marcus in danger is a red herring. His son is the one who dies and marcus ends up the main character again.

im ok with this

So the people in gears or war are like mutant humans, right?

>female metallice cover
it's not nearly as hard hitting and fierce as the original. Why use a shitty version of the song?

Sounds good to me

Looks like lambent shit

Sooooo, Locust confirmed? Are these guys like infected/mutated locust?

Most likely just regular humans who do nothing but lift like fuck and are on tremendous amounts of steroids, if I had to guess. There are average-looking people, but they're mostly stranded and the like. COG tend to be fucking huge because they're fighting enemies that are, well, fucking huge. They have to be big.

FOR YOU

Yeah, and they got two guns on their back. One is for aliens and one is for humans. Its fucking weird, never really noticed the similarities until recently.

>mfw Marcus Fenix adopts a child from some people he saved and takes her to their military space station Car Morheng to train her
>mfw his gfs name is Jennifer and she is a psionic

How the fuck did I never notice this

looks like some kind of locust remant, bioweponized with that weird goo shit

betcha the goop is imulsion related or came from space

I don't know what to think of this game. But I heard that they're putting local split screen in the PC version.

If that's true it gives me hope that these new devs know what Gears is about.

Don't know much about this series as I didn't even finish the first game but I'm glad one of the main characters is a strong independent female soldier who is just as good in combat as those roid monster males. Video games are growing up.

>in the PC version
Okay that's really cool if true, I thought it was Xbox One splitscreen only.

All things considered I'm probably getting my own copy for PC while my brother grabs one for his One.

4 hour long campaign . Is thT worth 60 bucks?

They were given shit tons of experimental drugs by the Coallition of Governments and put through hell to become super soldiers to crush a rival government years before the Locusts emerged on E-Day. Before that the COG used the soldiers as part of their regime to keep order.

That's why they are so huge. Even the women.

It's a multiplayer game nerd

At least she's cute af and not some hideous man with """""boobs"""""

Female soldiers didn't start showing up until 3, at which point humanity was on its last legs and it was a situation of "we're all soldiers now, Timmy" because if you didn't fight the Locust and Lambent would buttfuck your colony to pieces. Gears 4 is what, 20 or 30 years after the war ended? One generation, not really enough time to rebuild a population that was practically brought to the brink of extinction. It's excusable enough, it makes sense in context with the rest of the world.

Now Judgement is a different story.

No, but with horde and the gnasherfest mp it is.

I think it's going to be something that the imulsion fed upon. Now with imulsion gone this new parasites growth is unchecked.

saus ;)

>Launch trailer
>For a game that comes out almost a month from now

cheaper to license

she's not that cute 2bqh, senpai

Heck they're even allowing cross play between PC and Xbox for cooperative modes like co-op and horde.
If the PC port manages to not be a buggy piece of shit then it'll be pretty good.

well, that actually makes sense, otherwise what the fuck was feeding the imulsion

>The storm is coming and my wife's son is walking right into it

What did Marcus Phoenix mean by this?

Kait would kind of have to be. Her people aren't part of the COG. They have to fight for resources and the environment more than anyone in the COG would ever have too.

She looks better than 99% of western vidya women

President of the COG has a lady boner for putting him in prison. She thinks. JD is the one kidnapping COG citizens.

Why the fuck is it that the people who make videogame trailers always put some shitty melodramatic cover of a rock song as the track playing in the trailer?

Christ, just play Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Someone should make an edit where the trailer is playing the original song rather than this shitty ass female cover.

Pic related is what womyn in western vidya usually look like

what's going on here?

>Still looks the same age as in Gears 3

I imagine the train has been railing hoes left and right since the end of the war to rebuild the species, right? I mean, a charismatic, fuckhuge, BLACK celebrity would have his pick of any brood mare he wanted.

Is that Brianna Wu

At this point it would be more shocking if Marcus lives

I only played the first one on PC because I don't have Xone. Fuck Microsoft.

There were female COGs (soldiers) in the last game Gears of War 3 too.

Allowing women on the front lines opens a Pandoras Box of issues: rape, the male 'instinct' to protect women from harm even if it slows down or even stalls the mission, etc.

Women should be in support roles only; even former women Marines have said this publicly.

If they caught by the enemy, it's 24/7 rape.

Not to mention he's a war hero too.

Cole has probably fucked more bitches than this entire board combined

would be good if they didn't fuck up her nose and hair. That hat is also stupid.

Is it muh soggy knees if I say I already hate the hipster chick?

Gears pushed these kinds of trailers pretty hard with Gears 3

Come on baby, you know black don't crack! WOOOO

>yfw he runs a squad of his children from different mothers

They live in sera which has more gravity than earth so as a result they're fucking huge

What? Her nose looks fine.

Not hard to fuck more than 0 women user

Since we're getting Zombie Dom (Dombie?) I think we should also get Tai, Anthony, Carmine, Minh, and maybe Adam. Who else could be in that?

This trailer will always be a masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8

I dig it

i'm so fucking tired of the token characters.

i'm not going to buy this shit.

What a fucking goddess. Literally the idea woman. You fucking pig gamers don't deserve a greek queen like her.

Pretty good. I still remember that moment of transition between Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed 1. They promised us everything...

Man this trailer was YEARS ahead of its time.

It really did start the trend of publishers doing these heavy contrast trailers.

I liked it a lot plus kids love their Donnie Darko and Tears for Fears.

We Mechwarrior now?

Honestly, this would give me hope for this series again. As it stands, I fucking hate every single OC they introduced into Gears 4 thus far. They just look like clear millennial catering babies compared to the original OG cast.

Less money to get some literally who band with a sjw-appeasing female singer to cover the song. Metallica would just cost too much.

she doesn't have a nose bridge. It's like they are afraid to make a good nose so they just try to reduce it as much as possible.

Well at least he dies in the same game as the franchise did

So are these supposed to be the Locust or not?
Because they say they aren't, but they don't even look like they're trying to make them look original.

So we see Cole in the trailer.

Marcus gets winged and then held 'hostage' or about to be 'killed'.

Then C. Carmine, C. Carmines son or the last remaining Carmine brother: D. Carmine show up and fucking wrek everyone and rescue The Sarge.

Shit is going to be SO cash.

I won't lie, the game does look good so far; everyone thought it was going to be SJW bullshit but I don't get that vibe at all.

I do want to see old Baird though; still based as fuck I bet.

Also, giant robots?

FUCK YEAH

Is the hipster girl Baird's daughter? Is the black dude Cole's son? I kinda hope not, I don't want the whole squad to just be "old Gears' kids." Don't have to worry about seeing Dom's child I guess.

WHERES MY WIFE's son

>Well at least he dies in the same game as the franchise did
he didn't die in 1.

>Starring the Diversity Quota All-Stars

I would make this game about Marcus only to kill everyone but him.

Never played a single gears of war anywayLOL

marcus should just become doomguy desu

>Its confirmed private customs are crossplay

Get ready PC, Gears crossplay challenges are back.

PC got wrecked constantly on Gears1.

the first one was really, really good. 2 was a downgrade in every way, 3 was horrendous. i think there's another one after that, but who gives a shit. 4's trailer looks nice.

Nearly every design lead on the original trilogy outside of Clifford is working on the game and they pulled the design docs from Epic's original plans for Gears 4 (It was killed for being "Too expensive" even when MS were willing to front the cost. Which is why Rod Fergusson left for 2K originally. Then when 2K didn't want to buy the Gears IP when he suggested doing it by reforming the Irrational Games crew that was laid off post Bioshock Infinite and worked on Mafia 3 a bit. He left as soon as MS bought the IP and they asked him to head the project).

The whole design philosophy for them was "Back to basics" and not fucking up what made Gears, Gears first before trying new ideas in 5 and 6 (Shots fired at 343i)

>3 was horrendous

3 was the best in the series, retard. Gears 1 plays like donkey piss now.

is that shit actually canon? you'd think that would have more repercussions than the humans just being jacked

>3 was the best in the series
yeah, no one thinks that actually. it's 1 > 2 > 3.

What the fuck is even the story at this point?

How have there been four of these games?

I agree with him. I primarily played co-op and didn't play as much MP. 3>2>1.

don't same fag, you're still wrong.

Is it still summer?

>shitty woman metallica cover
So close yet so far
Put the old gang in, let gimme fiu gimme fai gimme dabazabajai play and trailer becomes 10000% better.

Yeah, it makes for a bigger planet and slows space development. Smaller planet means you get to explore space quicker because your rockets don't need to be as powerful.

By comparison Earth is ridiculously big for the location with a giant moon that makes no sense.

gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Sera#History_of_Sera

>Age of Armageddon

>Sera has a history of conflict that took the planet to the brink of destruction. The "Age of Armageddon" was a millennia-long global conflict which nearly destroyed the human race.[5] At some point, the people of Sera rejected their destructive ways and the very concept of war, ushering in an era of peace and prosperity.

>Silver Era

>The Silver Era was an era of sword and chariot-based warfare. Kashkur and Gorasnaya both founded empires during this era and conquered the lands around their native homelands. For both empires it was their golden age: Kashkur they used their silver mines to fuel their empire and built Anvil Gate to protect their southern borders from enemy invaders; the Gorasnanya Empire controlled a population of four hundred million, before losing control and returning to its native borders.[6] Ephyra City during this time was only a village with homes made out of manure

wut?

So Sera went from a ultra-advanced war society to some pre-technology mud hole?

2>3>1

The only good part of 3 was Horde and you know it.

>Dom

Come on guys, why'd you have to mention the greatest bro and hero in all of vidya?

>Fought in the Pendulum Wars with Marcus.
>Lost his brother.
>Lost his two kids on Emergence Day and his wife went missing.
>Marcus disobeyed orders and attempted to rescue his father on Emergence Day; he was caught, court martialed and sentenced to death.
>It was only by Doms testimony that his death sentenced was commuted to life in prison.
>Dom gets word that the Stranded have seen his wife alive and well moving from place to place.
>Starts asking around every time he's out on patrol.
>War goes south quick and everyone in the prison but Marcus is pardoned.
>Dom convinces Lt.Kim to allow him to rescue and recruit Marcus into Delta Squad.
>Personally goes into the prison alone and rescuers Marcus.
>They fight through the first game and deploy the Lightmass Bomb.
>The Horde are gearing up for a major offensive; the COG go on the offensive.
>Dom never stops fighting or looking for Maria.
>Eventually finds her; so happy he's blinded to t he truth.
>Eventually sees she's broken and already dead.
>Personally euthanizes and sets her free rather than allow her to continue living in constant pain and suffering.
>Never stops fighting.
>He's broken and suffering himself but grows food to serve the cause and help his comrades survive.
>Eventually, the squad is outnumbered and overwhelmed.
>Dom gives his life to allow them to escape.

A true friend, comrade, father, husband and hero.

Maybe if Cred Forums were capable of feeling, they'd understand why he wanted to find his wife so badly; the hope of finding her kept him going when all else looked bleak.

If you bought the Steelbook Collectors Edition of Gears of War 2 it came with a copy of the picture that Dom always carries of him and Maria.

RIP Dom

I hope you, Maria and your kids are all together again.

That's gay

God damn, Billy Bob is sexy.

WHY?

He can go from Sling Blade to this fuck at will.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I doubt it.

I'm sure the COG was shooting their GEARS up with roids to give them a chance to go hand to hand against the Locus when they had to.

Megadeth's Gears of War song.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_XiP5DJg-s

GOAT

Was it ever explained why the queen was human?

for my dick

3 didn't explain shit that happened in the series.

I assume she was an early experiment at creating hybrids like with the ones found in Gears of War 2.

She broke loose somehow and cut a deal since their bodies were breaking down; peace in return for a cure.

Well that went south but at at least she got Doms commando knife in the fucking babymaker.

Something about being the daughter of one the Scientists, who then decided she liked rock mutant dick more than human dick and became their hive mom or other such nonsense.

The graphics look so blurry.

Will they be invite only or does it come with a browser?

From the wiki:
>During the early Pendulum Wars, almost a century before the Lambent Pandemic, the COG established the New Hope Research Facility to study the possible toxicity of Imulsion. Because of the discoveries made there, the facility was shut down and the scientists as well as a large number of test subjects were forced to relocate to Mount Kadar. Myrrah is a descendant of these scientists and, unlike the New Hope subjects, is completely human.

>Myrrah's title of Queen is self-given and does not have power related to royalty or genealogy. Nonetheless, the Locust Horde is ardently devoted to their Queen. Myrrah resents humanity for forcing the Locust underground after New Hope was shut down. Where the COG saw mutated, poisoned humans Myrrah saw an evolved, stronger race. Through both fear and respect she pushes her Locust to take their rightful place as the dominant species on Sera

Typical coal-burning white woman, betraying her own race to the savages.

i didn't know this existed, perhaps it shouldn't, sounds like shit.

You're right; I should have left it lost to time.

I'm sorry.

Thats some pretty good shit mate

>Tears for Fears
Thats Gary Jules

Doing a cover of?

Tears for Fears, faggot.

THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WAWRM

>...after our world was torn apart
>our world

Do what? Weren't we the invading force on the Locust home planet?

Theres a fuck ton of difference between the gary jules version and the tears for fears version, faggot.

BIG LOCUST COCK
TINY HUMAN DICK

>8 player online coop

>mfw we're finally getting flashback levels for the Pendulum Wars

Which means we should be getting Commando Dom and Hoffman as MP skins again.

>"all around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces"
>picks up a worn out face

Jesus Christ, really?

Is Clay gonna be in the game

>some hipster Stacy going to war

Ooo, how progressive

Also what is that game at 2:17 with 3 (or 4) people running at each other in a dark area?

Injustice 2

Looks like shit. This is from someone who loved the original trilogy, and Judgement
How is anyone hyped for this one? It looks like garbage.

>more sjw shit

dropped

> tfw I instantly read it in their voice

Well fuck

Cheers, pham. I posted before it came up again a couple seconds later

The problem is that it's gears of war, where the dude look unrealistically buff, while the chicks stay the same. The girl just looks completely out of place there

>why is every game doing this?

What do you mean?

Locust were mutated humans, man. Pay attention.

what were the original ideas for gears?

Windows 10 onry.