Building a new computer. Thinking on going with the 1070

Building a new computer. Thinking on going with the 1070
What GPU reference model does Cred Forums recommend?
MSI? Gigabyte?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=15Fw_bOLyqI
breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/15/nvidia-update-forces-users-to-share-personal-data-to-use-graphics-card-tools/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dont buy reference model

EVGA. Always EVGA.

>Buying reference
KeK

don't buy reference
don't buy Nvidia
always wait, never buy

These are the three things you always have to remember when buying video cards.

>buying cuckvidia

WHY would you buy reference model? Why are people falling to this meme? Seriously, it has shittier temps, clocks and price, _WHY_ would you want that???????

EVGA has the best support.

I'd say XFX but they dropped Nvidia years ago. XFX was on par with EVGA.

Im a fucking idiot.
What I meant was non reference.
Fug

xfx should drop amd too, their coolers are fucking terrible

This.

I had a Gigabyte card, and had to contact their support about a year in, and was pretty much ignored because it was out of warranty. There are plenty of very good stories about EVGA support, and it's what I'm going for on my next GPU.

>shitting on blowers
literally your only choice for micro setups unless you are water cooling

any point waiting for TI if I'm only planning on getting 1060/1070 anyway?

No. There won't be a price drop if that's what you're expecting, just a new more expensive card.

prices will drop if amds "we swear its good this time" hbm chip isnt shit

Why not a 1080?

MSI are usually good.

They come with a better clock out of the box.

Why not a 4000$ machine? Why not a NASA machine?

Money, obviously.

because it's waste of money. 1070 GTX is only little slower cast almost half the price of a 1080

1070 is overkill imo. 1060 and rx 480 are what all new games are being developed for.

Current meme gpus
>1060
>1080
>970
>480 nitro

Nvidia currently dominates the meme market

Future proofing, 1060 will start being the bare minimum.

It's half the price for a reason, and it's not a "little" slower.

future proofing isnt a thing. by the time you need to upgrade your 1060, there'll be a new card out for the same price as todays current 1060.

Any of the brands are good, XFX has a good warranty.

Look for good reviews involving the cooler and warranty since those are the important things

because its an extra 200 dollars

what are diminishing returns?

960 here, I can play all my games 1080p 60fps at max settings, really, Im with the other guy, 1070 is still too much.

Best value right now is a 1060 6gb closely followed by the rx 480 8gb.

I'm thinking about building a new PC like OP but I already played most games.

In an attempt to justify this, I made a list of potentially good new games

>Mirror's edge catalyst
>DooM
>Total Warhammer
>Overwatch
>Witcher 3
>Deus ex mankind divided
>Mario kart wiiU (emulator got gud)
>Anno 2205
>Grow up
>Homeworld deserts of kharak
>Dark souls 3
>The Turing Test

Anyone can think of more titles?

>mfw I thought nvidia cucked me with my 970 when my dolphin was lagging playing pikmin today
Turns out I turned internal resolution to 4k last time I used it, phew

970 should be able to play Pikmin at 4K

I'm not familiar with dolphin but emulation in general is very CPU heavy so you need a good CPU for a lot of emu-games to run well.

I had a bunch of other settings turned up too, like anti aliasing even though it was set to 4k. Don't know what I'm doing with it desu

i5 4690 is pretty beefy, hasn't let me down yet

Depends on what you consider "little"

youtube.com/watch?v=15Fw_bOLyqI

>Always EVGA

Have you guys heard about nVidia requiring an account to take full advantage of their products?

breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/15/nvidia-update-forces-users-to-share-personal-data-to-use-graphics-card-tools/

This shit is getting really annoying. If I want to play a game, I have to install Steam, Origin, Uplay, and potentially Microsoft's garbage. If I want to take advantage of the latest drivers, I need to purchase Windows 10 and let it fuck around with my system 24/7 in the background with no say in what it does. Now even my GPU wants me to log into some shit just to use a few more features.

I wanted to upgrade my card and was considering an EVGA 1070 but I'm really fucking tired by getting Jewed everywhere I turn.

For the same money, just get GTX 1080, it lasts longer than 1070. So save up bit more and spend it.

>fellow i5 2500k

I like your taste in CPU, bruh.

Yeah, save an extra $300 for an average 10fps...great idea.

Suck my cock poorfag. You don't deserve to call yourself a part of the Master Race.

@352351949

>calling yourself master race

Fuck off back to one of your console threads, and you're not taking a single one of my precious (you)s.

>wasting money
you might as well save up and blow it on the Titan X

Whoops, messed up my post haha.

I just got a 1060 Zotac AMP, runs deus ex and witcher 3 on max (minus the retarded settings like hairworks or msaa x4) at 60fps

Im sure itll be fine for year to come, going from 2gb to 6gb is dank af the texture resolutions are fucked.

my last card was a blower and I upgraded to a silent 2 fan setup, it feels so good not having my PC turn into a jet engine when I play graphically intensive games, plus the temps are great too although I'm not sure if that's because of the new architecture or the fans

You also need the internet to download GPU drivers. Literally who gives a fuck

Agree with the 2 fan set up. My only issues is that my 1070 FTW JUST fit into my case, but I had to move all of my cables to make it work. Now my cable management is atrocious, but the airflow and temps are worth it (haven't gotten over 55 c under load yet).

The 8gb of vram from the 1070 is very important actually.

Nvidia is smart and always puts minimal amounts of vram on their cards to guarantee that you're forced to upgrade, if the 1060 only has 6gb, it's because they know(or will find a way) that games will use up to 8gb.