Now that the dust has settled

Can we admit this is the best FG of all time? Pure gameplay hasn't been matched till SFV.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/951196/#Comment_951196
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah.

>this is the best FG of all time?
Wait a second, you just can't say the (or one of the) best game of the franchise is the absolute best
The Alpha games are more fun desu

My nigga :)

I take that you are not a 3s player.

vampire savior is better

Why is there so much RBFF2 hype on this board? I'm definitely in favor of it though!

This is the correct answer. Best fighting game ever made.

I only like to compare games within their own franchises, and personally I think Super Turbo was the better game. I love the new characters in 3S, but the mechanics sort of broke what Street Fighter 2 got so right in the first place

This is probably the most detailed explanation I've found forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/951196/#Comment_951196

>Once again, this is exactly what I'm talking about. This is something I've been saying for years, but I don't think people even know the definition of mind games anymore. "I thought you were going to do this but you did that" is a mind game in the same way that Green Eggs and Ham is a book. In other SFs/other 2-D fighting games a distance character will make sacrifices of damage (either for or against) in order to achieve the desired position. In almost all versions of SF2, playing Dhalsim involved a fair amount of getting hit on purpose just to get some kind of other objective. This is not in any game with parries. Why would it be? There's not even a Dhalsim like character in the game because distance fighting is mostly irrelevant.

>Also even in the mid-range game, there are FAR fewer multi-level setups. For example, ST Vega. A lot of the time I'm poking, I'm not trying to get any damage. If you happen to run into something, that's fine. I'm just trying to move you out of that space. In 3s, this doesn't exist. Why would you back up? You can't damage me from back there. What would I gain by you jumping? You still have access to your strongest defensive option in the air and for some characters, you have multiple offensive options in the air also. I gain nothing from moving you. This is why there is no Vega-type character in SF3. He'd be less than useless. These are the types of things that this kind of game eliminates.

It's still a great game, but it's not even the best in its series.

No idea, but I will never stop pushing this game.
It's my favorite.

It's a tie between 3Rd strike and Mark of the Wolves. Both games are perfect. There is no better fighting game in existence and there never will.

>le chun vs ken simulator

Better then SFV? by a large margin.
Best fighting game? Eh, I wish I could say so but the balance issues prevent me from crowning it as such.

I REALLY wish there was a SF3 3.5rd strike. Some sort of official rebalancing of the game.
Sure, fans can fix it, but unless it's officially done it wont get traction for people to play it competitively or even for fun in any relevant amount of numbers.

Meh, there's MvC

This dude knows what's up.

I am going to disagree.

I played Third Strike after the fact. Like last year. I played a shit load of it with a friend of mine, and honestly, Street Fighter V is WAY better.

Third Strike, parries make everything worthless, they remove all fighting game fundamentals from the game because if you try to shoryuken someone when they jump in, they can just parry you in the fucking air.

The music, the characters and the announcer are fucking awesome, but fuck you if you think it's a good fighting game based on fundamentals.

SFV feels like a sequel to 3rd strike to me gameplay wise

Is successfully parrying as Ryu in SFV NOT the most satisfying feeling in that game tho

>tfw landing Bobs infinite to win the match when your opponent still has 80% health

Street Fighter V has like everything the other games were best at. Someone phrased it better than me, but SFV has,

Fundamentals of Street Fighter 2
Fast paced gameplay of Street Fighter 3
Cancels from Street Fighter 4 in the form of V-Trigger shit.

It's good shit.

It's because it's the best FF game, the best SNK fighting game and the best fighting game period.

>tfw landing bobs infinite of almost anything
I love him. I picked him up because I love capoera characters in FGs, but it's just icing on the cake that he's got the easiest infinite in the game.

I'm not going to say that SFV dosn't have it's positive aspects, but I feel like it doesn't excel in any of them.
It just feels... serviceable in all of those fronts.

Granted SFIV started out as TRASH, and gradually improved over time to become a pretty good game, so I do hold out hope for SFV to become a more stand out title.

The lack of CvS2 in this threard made me realize that this is Cred Forums

Can't disagree with you on that one.
It's the game that got me into SNK games.

His infinite is pretty darn easy, but I still think Sokaku has the easiest.

Post your CvS2 teams

Balance issues and bugs out the ass.
That said CvS2 was rad as fuck. I honestly thought they would do a CvS3 with more updated sprites since 2 updated a fair amount of sprites, and it would be a thing where every release was incrementally updated... and I'm still waiting...

I feel like I'm the only person who absolutely hated SFIV. It's my least favorite in the franchise aside from the 3D PS2 ones. SFIV plays like shit imo.

>I feel like I'm the only person who absolutely hated SFIV

Fuck no. A lot of top players said the same thing

no one liked sf4 except 09ers

no one likes sfv except 16'ers

I guess I like it because it is a fairly balanced game that rewards working the canceling system.
That said it does "feel" like trash to this day, I'm not going to deny that.

Who do/did you main in 3S, Cred Forums?

Makoto

MOTW is close to the ultimate experience. Plus, bomber jacket Terry.

BEAT UP!

3s babbies out and about i see

>till SFV.

>you will never bully a Cred Forums shitter by showing them how unfun 3s really is because they will dodge you and continue to play single player thinking it's the best

Everything about Third Strike was basically perfect. Music, sound effects, character voices, spritework, general gameplay, it's all fantastic. Everything except for character balance really, but everybody was so fun to play that it didn't matter as much. SFV just feels kind of slow and boring to me. Really fun to watch, but playing it's a chore

>I practiced hard and got really good at a game I think is trash just so I can own people and tell them that the game is trash
You're a confusing man.

Makoto/urien and oro/alex/sean on the side.

I dont know what happened but these days if someone gets destroyed in 3s by a better player they blame the balance, say parries break the game and claim
Low forward super is the only viable tactic. When i got humiliated by a hyper aggressive akuma years ago i decide this was the game i want to learn. 5 years later im still finding things i never knew, the game has so much to it.

If you are interested play 3s, its fantastic fun looks great and has a jazzy as fuck soundtrack. If you can understand and accept that the better player will often win then you have a lot of fun becoming that better player ahead of you.

Dont fall into tragedy, always be full of happiness, no pain no gain

Now you must continue

>you start off hating 3rd strike
this thread is proof it doesn't work that way

Play ANYTHING enough and you'll ware out your interest. This is true with most things in life.

All because you wore out yours dosn't mean you have to be a tard about it. Just move on man.

that's not what i meant, you are LITERALLY retarded. stop posting

You're right, best fighting game of all time as far as I'm concerned. And it's one of the only games thats been given a decent rollback netcode so it can be played competitively online without input lag bullshit

actually i think 3s and V have alot in common.
Close second to best fg would be Garou.
>no release date for PS4 Garou

Christ, how bad is your reading comprehension?

>SFV
>Slow

Of all the criticisms for this game, you think it's fucking slow? Have you played SFIV?

he also can't spell, probably some brazilian that just found out about the game on fightcade

PARRIES

>another Makoto/Uriel bro

When will she come to SFV so i can finally REALLY enjoy this game?

VampSav is the best fighting game of all time.

Ken/Kyo/Hibiki

Not only is it the best FG, it also has the best FG character of all time.

Anyone who disagrees is Gutter Trash

Ken's my go-to in every SF game, but I also like using Ibuki, Yang, and Remy.

doood i kno rite xD

xD keep it classy

I prefer Real Bout Special desu

Capcom Vs Snk 2 is better

Parrying itself isn't a problem but air parrying is. Jumping is supposed to be unsafe in SF and they just gave it the safest option because it doesn't have the ground parry flaw of being unable to block if you fuck up.

3rd Strike is a damn good game, but my favorite of all time is Alpha 3.

I miss well animated 2d sprites so much

Makoto
the game is too balanced. In melee or mahvel 2 are good exemple of broken games being a lot of fun.As far as SFIV goes, I like it but Ultra a shit.

Remy is objectively cooler than Guile. I hate that he's been ignored since 3S

KoF98 and ST are better games, sorry.

>a faggot emo with a shit flash kick animation is cooler than mother fucking Guile

And people wonder why no one takes 3Sfags seriously

Not him but I think Remy's flash kick animation was cool, also pic related is cool.
Don't know how anybody could think he's cooler than Guile though.

RBS is also really good.
It has one of my favorite versions of Duck King.

I agree with you completely, I love Remy's flash kick animation. Way more than Guile's.

Threadly reminder that fighting games have best waifus