To celebrate GZDoom's 2.2 release, lets have a wad recommendation thread

To celebrate GZDoom's 2.2 release, lets have a wad recommendation thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJcf0aOwmiA
youtube.com/watch?v=4HNIGb6iqKU
youtube.com/watch?v=5bTZ6hEWSy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's the latest one I have.

I was a big fan of WildWeasels mods back in the day like The Stranger and Diaz.

Are there any nuts-like maps worth giving a shit?

rpg + roguelike arsenal is still one of the most different and coolest experiences i've had with doom wads

Honest question, why don't people like Brutal Doom?

I like Project Brutality more desu

Because its popular, meaning you've got a lot of casuals going BRUTAL DOOM IS SO EPIK LOL U SHOULD PLAY IT. This naturally annoys the fuck out of veterans.

Also is right, Project Brutality is a straight improvement.

Same reason /m/ hates Gurren Lagann.

Its not that people didint like the mod. But they didint like how it changed the modding scene. Everytime someone made a new mod. They get swarmed with tons of questions asking if its works with brutal doom and from what I hear brutal doom was a nightmare of messy code. Most modders who didint want to make thier mod compatible just got loads of hate.

because it is made by a white supremacist

i love doom!

nah senpai I think your confused

there's touhou wads?

S-source on this wad?

yes

just google H doom download you'll find it

That seems ridiculously hard.
I'm interested.

>Not recognizing HDoom
Holy shit you fucking faggot welcome to the Doom community, enjoy your stay

there's a new one

Classic DOOM is still the best DOOM.

Someone post the HDoom screenshot with Doomguy in an orgy and a single lone beta skellie in the mix

Was streaming some brutal doom not too long ago.

Metroid Dreadnaught is pretty fun

If I prefer the classic Doom Colours is there any reason to switch from ZDoom to GZDoom?

HDoom V8 makes every enemy freeze while you fuck the demons, you can't pull the same shit as before. There's mancubi though.

>brutal doom fans being numerous and retarded
>modders and mappers getting shit from BDfags for not making their stuff compatible with brutal doom
>the creator is an edgelord and since most of the doom community are normal forum babbies and not channers, they got ultra butthurt
I don't like it because it messes with integral parts of game balance too much.

Because it gets treated by many people as being a definitive update to the original when it's not. It is amusing, but it changes the feel of the game way too much to be considered as such.

I've been running through Valiant and it's absolutely amazing.

It's levels are seriously well done, both to maneuver around and to look at. The gameplay is tough but is always manageable, while staying away from being a slaughterwad(save for map 31). It also uses some extremely neat tricks that I never saw used before that well, map 07 being particularly notable.

Because BD babbies are obnoxious and clearly never played the vanilla game or at least without heavily modding with source ports and hype BD up as the definitive version of Doom. They will likely shit on every other FPS as well.

That Revenant in the background always gets me. He just seems so lost.

not to mention headshots which make the game loads easier, I still think the mod is fun though, no idea about the cancerous fandom

youtube.com/watch?v=HJcf0aOwmiA

Remember to watch this daily.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HNIGb6iqKU

>Make them impotent and angry

why doesn't the link to the iWADS work?

Gay version when?

So what's new?

2.2 absorbed the legacy thingy from the 1.x versions, basically toasters can run GZDoom 2.x now.

So do many other gameplay/weapon mods.

You people hate BD because it's hugely popular and as usual, because of that its fanbase is pretty fucking stupid, not because of its flaws. I base this on the fact that many gameplay/weapon mods are guilty of the same thing but you never make those complaints about say, Project MSX or LegenDoom + DoomRPG/DoomRLA + DoomRPG.

I won't say that there aren't purists who don't ever play them, but I know damn well not every single person who says that isn't a purist who only plays megawad pistol starts all day on Chocolate Doom.

Honestly I've grown beyond it and I like DoomRPG+RLA+OBLIGE when it's not either breaking or terrifying me to the point of not playing with the Hungry mostly.

Any Warhammer 40k wads?

>GZDoom's
Its faster and adds a different dynamic to the game while still retaining the look and similar feel as OG

youtube.com/watch?v=5bTZ6hEWSy4

HDoom and also DemonSteele judging by the hud