This game would've been great if they didn't fuck it up so badly

>This game would've been great if they didn't fuck it up so badly.

What's its name again, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/star-guardian-2016
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-18-looking-back-at-spore-in-a-post-no-mans-sky-world
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Strike Vector
>the devs gave up and went to consoles
it hurts

I miss this

Destiny

Air rivals was such a cool concept. MMO with PLANES in an open world was a cool idea.

Eternal Crusade

I will never not be mad about this.

Add Warframe to that as well.

Fucking leaf fag devs shilling for chink money.

Wakfu I guess, still playing it from time to time...

Brink thread?

aw comeon now its not that bad

>Gets released
>One month later all story content is scrapped for weeks

Good going.

No man's sky
Destiny
Star Wars Battlefront
Diablo 3
The Division

I don't know many. Just about every triple A game out there except call of duty.

Call of duty plays it safe and pretty much just copies itself and adds a little more.

SW: Battlefront and Destiny got greedy and their games had zero content at launch and they also werent fun

Diablo 3 is just fucking weird.

The division is probably the same as SW:Battlefront and Destiny
I think the gun play was pretty good, but it seriously lacked content and also lied about content.

No Man's Sky was 100% lies

tfw ground bombing mid air your first pvp kill

League was aimed at the casual audience from the start, it never had a shot.

Every game that sucks?

Overwatch

Was expecting it to be my new Team Fortress 2, and I already dropped it.

Final Fantasy 14 3.0

I think he's aiming for things that had a lot of potential and then promptly threw it away on release.

It will always be Fable for me. I feel like the time around Fable's release was around the time where developer hype talk was beginning to really take off, and everyone just started over exaggerating or flat out lying about game features. It was also close to the time DLC started becoming a norm. Really, the years of 2004 - 2007 basically got us to where we are today for current video game standards.

My friends gave me shit for years because of my hype for Fable and it became an inside joke whenever getting your hope up for an upcoming game.

Black Desert online

na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/star-guardian-2016

IT'S LITERALLY KILL LA KILL THE GAME NOW

Holy shit another shotgun shell to Riot's head

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-18-looking-back-at-spore-in-a-post-no-mans-sky-world

Daily reminder that spore sucks less than No Man's Sky now officially.

This was me up until a year ago. The game got better and the seasons are fun now, but I do still wish I could try the old blizzard north version

How is that Kill la Kill? Seems more like generic magical girl inspired shit.

Just a clunkier version of Space Marine, can't stand the gameplay. Not even close to what the original game promised was either.

>Not Sailor Moon

This doesn't look so bad, some of them look cute.

>KLK
No it's mahou shoujo but whatever. Pretty cute.

Warlords of draenor doesn't count, right?

Loadout. I'm especially bitter because I spent money on a key when it was in closed beta I even got an in-game hoodie for doing so, so I sort of contributed.

On paper, it could have been a contender. >Making your own weapons with mix-and-match parts like Borderlands, without the randomness
>Weapon types were distinctive and had their own mechanics
>Aesthetics were OK (reminds me of Shoot Many Robots in hindsight), with lots of gore and comical dismemberment
>Little things like diving/rolling, bludgeoning people with the CTF flag (excuse me, Jackhammer), tossing blutonium in Extraction mode like grenades, etc.

Then it shat the bed in mid/late-2014.
>Devs flip-flopped about the game's intentions (competitive or popcorn? PVP or PVE?, etc.)
>Player base split between "balance the current stuff" and "add new stuff"; the devs got confused, did neither, then stopped listening to the fans altogether
>Didn't fix the shitty matchmaking and iffy "OP flavor-of-the-week" balance
>Promised an ice element and weapon skins; none of them were implemented
>Added an "obligatory" PVE horde mode that nobody wanted
>Totally changed part acquisition from an old system that I can't remember to a tech tree though I liked it
>Added Helga (an intentionally ugly-ass female character that nobody wanted) and other pointless cosmetics instead of working on the game
>Tried to port to PS4 when the PC version wasn't finished

In the end, they laid off their 12 main devs and the game is dead. Part of me hopes that a competent dev will dig up its bones and try to bring it back, but with Overwatch and TF2 pretty much dominating the "cartoony PC shooter" scene it would go about as well as Battleborn.

you and me both man.
>tfw in a i-frame and boosting throw a gate thats being camped
good times.