Geforce Experience 3.0

What does Cred Forums think of the actual cancer that is GeForce Experience 3.0? They actually completely fucked up shadowplay.

I like what they did to shadowplay I don't understand what everyone's throwing a bitchfit over. You can open it directly through the overlay now instead clicking 50 times through geforce experience, and shadow mode has much great compatibility now.

>using Geforce Experience ever

I'm considering upgrading soon and I've always used AMD. I was thinking of going with a 980 or 1070, what is Geforce Experience and why do I need it if I have an nvidia card?

it's on my computer.
I don't know what it does other than it tells me when updates are out and it makes installing them rather painless

it's like catalyst

Shit dont want to optimize heroes of the storm.

They also made it that you cannot even turn off that mic logo on the bottom right, had to uninstall.

what'd they do to shadowplay exactly?

>he uses geforce experience

Since you have to login to use the program now half the fags on this board went crazy cause they have cheese pizza on their computer.
>MUH PRIVACY

So if I don't install this, I'm unable to tweak performance, overclock, and update drivers?

I don't like it. Why did they change the auto record from last 20 minutes to last 5 minutes? It's completely worthless now.

You don't need it, when you install drivers you can uncheck so it won't be installed, from what I remember the last time I updated my drivers.
You can do all that without it. It's only good if you actually want to use shadowplay.

Does it still records the game with variable framerate so when you upload it somewhere like youtube it gets the audio desynched?

>steam bootstrapper running in background
>rockstarclub/uplay/origin depending on game
>windows 10 doing shit in background
>nvidia adware shit polling what i'm doing to find ads for me

Gee, I wonder why people hate having a ton of crap going on in the background sucking up resources and bandwidth. Granted, yeah, I'm sure some of you weirdos have sick crap on your computers, but some of us just don't want all this bloatware fucking around.

biggest complaint is u must use windows aero to make it work, which some games wont work with so you cant record those games

Steam doesn't bother me so much but all those other background processes can be disabled easily.

OK, so final question, what's shadowplay and is it beneficial? Earlier this year, AMD added some optional junk to Catalyst that allows for uniformly preparing settings for all games and some Twitch integration, but of course it's not mandatory and I'm sure most people using AMD who stream don't even need it.

It's AMD's fault. If only they would put up an actual competition, Nvidia wouldn't have the freedom it does now to shit all over everyone. Fucking AMD...

Shadow play has a negligible effect to your performance when recording, just make sure you save your videos onto a different drive.

>using anything but OBS

I'll use the example of L.A. Noire since I was replaying it a few weeks ago. I have to be signed into Steam, from there opening L.A. Noire also opens up Rockstar's garbage which I need to be signed into as well, so both of those need to be running. Then on top of that, if I'm using Windows 10, it's constantly doing things in the background which can't be turned off since Microsoft believes it needs to own its customers' computers.

So no, if you're playing a game, you already have a bunch of processes going on in the background that need to run for the game to play. I don't like the idea of having one more piece of shit that always wants to be signed in, where does it end? If you have a mouse with customizable software, it'll have that open in the background, ditto for keyboards. Should we no allow Intel to require sign ins to continue using the CPU? Should I have to sign in to Corsair to use my RAM? This shit's just getting ridiculous and it's largely because these companies are trying to kike everyone into viewing ads.

Oh, so it's just capture software that most people won't need. Got it.

Pretty much, but it makes a nice DVR in case something funny or crazy happens, all I have to do is hit my shortcut and it saves the last 5-20 mins
I get what you're saying but honestly there is nothing we can do about it. All we can do is bend over and take it if you we want to use their products

Eh, its hit and miss with me. I only use the thing for shadowplay and at first I was horrified with what they did, but thankfully I can just use hotkeys to avoid their awful gui so I don't mind.

>passively saves video

Sounds like what the PS4 does. I'm sure this doesn't cause too much of a performance hit on PC, but I can't imagine it does anything but slow my PS4 down.

What the fuck did they do to it I swear to god
Why do I have to "sign into" software
Why are all the settings in random places now
Actually where the fuck is the settings?

You retard, any card with video enconding can record up to 4k without taking any hit in performance at all. This is The GCN 1.2 and Kepler alreadly has it, so you can record, or stream or put it up your ass that it will not affect your performance just make sure to use the right enconde.