Should i build a pc or just buy a console?

Should i build a pc or just buy a console?
Help me out Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/scD89W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What games do you like? What games do you look forward to? I can't just tell you one or the other without more information.

Im interested in 2016 DOOM, Bioshock, overwatch etc

do you want a huge game library with cheaper games, better graphics, better controls and mods?

-OR-

do you want a tiny library with online fees overpriced games, and worse graphics, worse controls?

honestly, you dont even deserve to game on PC if you are dumb enough to ask this

I would say build a PC. What's your budget for one user? I can piece one together for you to get you an idea.

PS4 = Snes
PC = Sega Genesis
The only difference is that the games are not as good today due US being in charge of game design.

Whats the most powerful pc you can make with a 300 euro budget?

Not OP, but I'm looking to build a PC in the ~$600 range. Think you could give me some guidance or point me in the right direction?

Nothing good enough to compete with a console. You'd need at least 400 euros my friend.

Yeah, I could try. What games do you like/wanna play?

Alright what is the cheapest pc i can put together that can run DOOM 2016 at 1080p 60fps?

>This is what sonyggers actually believe

I play a bit of everything. OP's examples are a solid benchmark. I just wanna be able to run the latest games coming out.

depends on your price range

if you've got a job and aren't living paycheck to paycheck, then go PC. Expect to spend $1000 for a mid range PC assuming you don't have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. Keep in mind most people who say stuff like "you can build a great PC for x bucks!" don't take these costs into account.

if you're not a hardcore gamer (only buy a couple games a year) and have less than $500 spending money on hand, just get a PS4

pcpartpicker.com/list/scD89W

Before someone else chimes in and goes.

>amd

Unless you're playing CPU intensive games like Arma, Civ, or hell I can't even think of many CPU intensive games these days. You should be fine with something like an FX 6300. You could put more money towards a better CPU like an i5 for about 100 dollars more but it's not gonna make that big of a difference compared to the graphics card. I think the RX 470's a pretty good card, that pretty much stacks up against an RX 480 and stuff like the 970 and 1060. If you're just going to be doing 1080/60 FPS you should be good. But do some research and see what you really want.

PC gaming is not cheaper initially, but the games are vastly cheaper, and if you spend the right amount you won't have to really upgrade and you can just adjust graphics to get better performance.

Since you are willing to spend more, I'd recommend the same thing I set up for the other guy, but maybe something like a 1060 or a 480, and an i5 4690k or maybe a 6600k. But then the PC would probably be around 700 bucks, but it would be a superb machine IMO.

If you have to ask, just buy a console

Option C: get a life

Buying parts for a PC is tedious.
Buying parts for a budget PC is even worse.

You'd want to buy the PC parts that can play your game perfectly at 1080p 60fps, but because of something called the "silicon lottery", two seemingly identical CPUs can perform very different.

You want to overclock your CPU and GPU in a budget PC, but you don't know how high voltage that specific part you bought can handle before you try (or buy binned).

If you don't have a friend who's invested in putting together computers and who knows how to find what's faulty once one part is failing, don't bother or expect little.

I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and I have trouble saving up money.

I mostly just want to play games like Smite, Rocket League, Overwatch. Would I be able to play these with PCfam online with a Ps4? Would Overwatch be okay on console?

I'm a "genesis owner" actually.
PS4 would be a lot better than the PC if the AAA games were any good.
But as they aren't..

Actually, CPUs only operate in different speeds when you're trying to overclock em.
When running at the retail clock speed, they're identical.

I'd say that depends all on you bud. The core game is gonna be there, it'll probably even look okay. But I can't imagine Overwatch on a controller. You're definitely not going to be missing out on the PC community or anything.

Buy a "gaming laptop" and just purchase an MMO subscription

Buy a console if you want games

Buy a PC if you want no games, a more expensive platform littered with indies, dead online and watered down Console ports.

there called PCucks for a reason.

You're right, but you'd want to make your cheap parts work as hard as possible.

Buying a GTX1080 and 6700k you don't have to bother OCing for maxing most games unless shitty ports.

confirmed for never playing games on a pc

op just build yourself a mid range pc, you don't need to overclock or buy overpowered parts or anything like that, and since you say you live paycheck to paycheck you'll be able to save a ton of money by pirating single player games and not having to pay for playing online

PC for pixel indie shit, console for actual games

I've had a PC for 5 years and all I've got is a huge library that I stare at every day and decide to only play 3 games constantly. I haven't upgraded in 2 years and don't have the money to upgrade further. When I look back at when I was just a console gamer I was much happier playing games. I've recently gotten back into Sony with my old ps3 and new Vita and I can honestly say I enjoy it more. Currently I'm waiting for a black Friday deal on ps4s. That's just my story, I won't rag on anyone who says one is better than the other.

Actually, unless you can get like 30% more clock, i don't see much of a point on overclocking.
If anything, you want to go the other direction to make your machine last more.

I have a gayman PC and its collecting dust

I payed over a grand just to play games that look exactly like the console variants only with better framerate and thats it.

PC gaming is a meme.

There are some nice 3D indie shit like distance and cloudbuilt.
But you don't need a geforce 1080p to run those.

What, you'd rather have SILKY SMOOTH 1FPS?

I'd rather have games and not waste my money on a meme machine

60fps is highly fucking overrated.

build a console

PC is a vastly superior way of experiencing gaming. 60 fps alone is enough to blow consoles out of the water, and you also get better graphics, TONS of customisation options including mods, ability to choose whether to play with mouse or keyboard, and it's more economical on a long term because you pay less for games, you can pirate, there are frequent steam sales, and you don't need to pay for an online subscription

if you don't appreciate those advantages you're objectively stupid

Maybe if you're fucking blind
I don't know how you can play games at less than 60 and not feel ill

playing a game for the first time in 1080p/60fps was literally a life changing experience for me

never looked back on consoles since

I meant choosing mouse or controller, my bad

Sounds like a fucking personal problem and not a problem relating to the PC platform m8y

60fps is only useful in games that require skill, so its a bit useless to play AAA games at this rate.

may as well just get the console then. like i said, its gonna be closer to $1000 after getting peripherals like a monitor for a decent pc

I played shit like MGR with plenty of framedrops and I did fine and even have all the games trophies people who bitch about 60 fps gimping their skill are full of shit.

By all means it doesn't make it okay but come on.

I refuse to believe that anyone in their right mind would choose 30 fps over 60 fps in any game

it's literally like playing your games in slow motion

That's almost $1000 by itself.

That's what I said. You don't have to OC already powerful stuff.

AAA games are designed with that in mind.
Big places to land, easy combos etc..

not funny but made me chuckle

Why would you EVER buy a console over a PC? I mean really. For Bloodborne?

In a strobe-light you fucking retard.
Goddamn I hope this is bait.

How much are you willing to spend?

1200+, build a PC, otherwise just get a console

Or just get a fucking job so you can have both

>life so meaningless that more shiny was life changing
That's depressing

console damage control is really on its last legs these days huh