Kickstarted game ELYSIAN SHADOWS IS BACK!

THE NEW ELYSIAN SHADOWS VIDEO IS HERE!

youtube.com/watch?v=uAG6bwBd4Eo

Best comments so far:

>THEY ARE BACK! The developers of Elysian Shadows who said last summer that they would release weekly updates and weekly aigd episodes are back with a NEW VIDEO full of NO CONTENT after an ENTIRE YEAR OF SILENCE! Now promising a NEW VIDEO sometime an ENTIRE MONTH FROM NOW, the boys are BACK with a TRIUMPHANT RETURN because any kind of update is a triumphant return after FUCKING NOTHING! Praise Lord Falco!

>this vid is like a shit. down voted courteousy of REDDIT!

>Don't be so negative! They only have hundreds of thousands of dollars, and even though Undertale was made by 1 person in 2 years they've only had dozens of team members over a decade of development time. Give them a chance!

And the ultimate hugbox comment:

All Shenanigans aside,
It's been almost a decade now and it feels as though I grew up with you guys. Although my respect goes to all members of the team, Falco's persistence, diligence, skill-set and passion leaves me astounded and in awe every time.

Your ridiculous hard work has not gone unnoticed, many came and went, but since day 1 Falco has always been there, even in the darkest of times he pulled through and carried the weight of the team.

But all of that aside, Falco is also a really good role model. Sure he screws around a lot, but having some fun is not a crime. Through Falco you can learn diligence, persistence, and to chase your dreams. He has all the qualities needed to be a superhero. Brains? Check, Charisma? Check, Gains? CHECK.

For the last few years it looked like my game development career would never jump-start, and although I still have a long way to go, watching these videos always gives me the push needed to go on, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people.

Keep fighting the good fight boys.

PS: (No homo)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/boards/threads/elysian-shadows-a-next-gen-2d-rpg-for-dreamcast-and-other-platforms.454149287/
inanage.com/2014/08/30/indie-devs-are-kind-of-assholes/
join.skype.com/QDGOUftf9dVy
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Xglwp7_7E&list=PL8F065F0F4548444C
youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For those who forgot about Falco Girgis

These dramas are more entertaining than playing them will ever be

>125 likes
>only 12 dislikes

Fuck off Falco

Everything about this game, from the Kickstarter page, to the Youtube page, game's main website, developer's Twitter, and all the interviews they do, it doesn't seem like they're even making any progress on the game. It all seems like they're just blogging about their "indie lifestyle". Game's been in development for well over a decade and the amount of footage and information available for it is less than what you see on most Kickstarter pages.

Anybody have that picture of Falco admitting to stirring up drama and making these posts because they bump up the preorder sales?

Just pay 5 grand to meet Falco and he'll show you whats up

Everything about this project is just so bizarre. It really is the most mishandled and incompetent game I've ever seen. They've spent over a decade with no progress and yet I've never seen such a fanatical fanbase. There's no in between, everybody either thinks he's a laughing stock or worships him like a God.

>5 left to 10

That's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever read.
Somebody actually thinks this guy is a good role model?

>everybody either thinks he's a laughing stock or worships him like a God.
Just like Nicholas Cage!

I don't even see this level of brown-nosing for the biggest of e-celebrities. Do we know these comments aren't just the developers making alt accounts?

Why should I believe they are capable of teaching me these skills when they haven't shipped a single product out?

Why is anybody excited for this? There is almost no information about this game other than a few hideous looking sprites and a small, vague description that sounds like the world's most generic JRPG.

Maybe he uses the $185,322 from Kickstarter and $150,000 from Ouya to pay people in malayasia to spam positive comments for him.
Wouldn't put it past him.

>Elysian Shadows takes place in a world caught in constant conflict between magic and technology. The gift of magic is bestowed upon loyal followers of The Creator, while the nonreligious sects of society are forced to rely upon technological advances in their daily lives. Upon uncovering a mysterious artifact deep within one of the ancient ruins scattered throughout the land, Julien and friends find themselves thrust into the middle of this mounting conflict, and they must now solve the mystery of the ancient civilizations to prevent the destruction of their own.

Wow, so original.

People think yandere dev is a good role model. So ofc scumbags like this get in on it to.

>those bought assets
>that poorly done coding
>ego the size of SSJ Kanye west

Did they actually take down that video of him freaking out while high on coke and giving his backers middle fingers?

>10 years for this shit game and massive amounts of drama
>9 years for owlboy that looks pretty good

ironical shilling is still shilling

ign.com/boards/threads/elysian-shadows-a-next-gen-2d-rpg-for-dreamcast-and-other-platforms.454149287/

>makes a new account called ElysianShadowsFan to specifically shill the game
>after a few posts Falco immediately jumps in and posts as himself

Has he ever not looked like a cunt?

source please

someone please post the image of him getting hair on his bloody head

>inanage.com/2014/08/30/indie-devs-are-kind-of-assholes/
He clearly sits around googling himself, which makes trolling him in his youtube video comments even funnier
Just say his code is shit and his game is shit and he will lose his mind

I dont have that one, its on his facebook page, but here's a before shot and I'll post an after shot

technically it's already been posted but I'm still posting it because fuck this guy.

ahhh money well spent!

At least he is consistent in his opinion that raping people is a-okay

ive unironically watched and enjoyed all of the adventures in game development videos >_>

t. falco girgis

well i guess it was kind of ironic. they are neat reality shows spanning a decade of some dumbasses trying to make a video game. meh

It was cute up until he stole $185,322, started partying with Zoe Quinn, admitted to causing drama so he could get more money, etc.
It's people like him giving kickstarter a bad rep.

Why is he so bald?

Flipping off the camera and blogging about being some super programmer is very stressful

yeah youre right. they havent made a video/kickstarter update in a year and are obviously incompetent.

Wait so the God of this world is actually real and his followers are blessed with magic? Why wouldn't anyone believe in him.

>announcement video a month in advance for a video about their lives and not even for the game

What?

Those who can't, teach

they all believe in the god i guess
but they probably dont all agree with and like the god and his followers

Ask them to teach you how to start a kickstarter scam instead.

It's Megumin from Konosuba. Not sure which one, but there's plenty of good ones, just search ex for "Konosuba eng"

Actually about the updates, it went like this:
>promise frequent updates if kickstarter is successful
Nothing happened, Falco told people who asked for updates to stop being so entitled
>they "came back" in summer 2015, promised weekly updates and videos (check the june kickstarter update)
made like 2 or 3 vids and updates, falco started telling people to fuck off and that he never promised anything
>now they're "back again", and if you look in the comments of OP's vid you'll see he is promising weekly updates and monthly vids

What a faggot

Does anybody know why like 90% of people have quit this """game"""?
There was some drama about his best friend quitting, but almost every single person who was on the team during the kickstarter is gone Kebab Falco and that Borat guy

Did he ever get his refund?

More than anything what this means is that nobody gives a fuck about their game.

is he on facebook? do you think he would add me if i friend requested him?

He added me and sometimes I troll the fuck out of him
Go ahead, and be sure to subtly troll him. Ask him difficult questions and he'll freak out at you. It's hilarious.

hmm.....

I don't want to defend this guy in any way but doesn't it take a while to grow in after you get hair plugs

ty

Even if it does, when you make videos complaining about how you can barely afford to eat and you accept fans sending you food but then spend 10k on a hair transplant, still worth making fun of

what does it mean

They have an open skype chat for """fans""" if anybody wants to join: join.skype.com/QDGOUftf9dVy

WE CAN BARELY AFFORD FOOD MOTHERFUCKER

It looks like on the 7th and 22nd they received an absurd amount of money but almost no backers that.
On the 7th they made $24,853 but there were only 56 backers.
Hmmm...

Are they still claiming they're going to release the Dreamcast and Ouya versions or are they down to just Steam now?

Pc, Mac, Linux, Ouya, Dreamcast, Android, iPhone, and have hinted at console ports

youtube.com/watch?v=S2Xglwp7_7E&list=PL8F065F0F4548444C

Thank God they didn't delete the original. There's no backup

looks like rpg maker and not even well done

>stress is making $185k from lies and thin air

How did you guys get this far in the thread WITHOUT LINKING TO THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=q3JuZvrNMKk

I hate that picture so much.

The original was the intro where he fingered his fans for causing him stress
I think someone has it backed up and is uploading it since they deleted it

>Over a decade

Holy shit

Holy fuck
This is... bad?
I don't know, i think it just sounds _really_ mediocre

No, it's bad.
The music in OP's vid is mediocre.

Yep, just hit the 2 minute mark.
This is genuinely terrible.

>This scumbag got tons of money
>Meanwhile you're left with stock assets

S E X with Maki!

You saucy dane you, triggering sjw falco

if you look at the kickstarter rewards it doesnt seem like they would make much money in the end if they followed through with their promises.

>sexualizing her like this
STOP

I mean he got tons of money to make something.
I would kill to get money just to make something, even if I made ZERO profit in the end

That's actually moderately funny.

FUCK OFF REDDIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Technically being able to afford rent and food and stuff counts as profit...right?

Souls you are pretty funny

>reddit fags
Well atleast he's finally right

How dare he call his fans fags. That's offensive.

Isn't that the literally autistic guy who made that LISA fangame?

Are these faggots ripping off Final Fantasy VI?

Ask them about progress with the game n shit
Tell Falco his code sucks

Say that you are JForce

I can already feel the history of this soundtrack
>hastily made in a tracker in the early 90's for a forgotten DOS game that didn't even get to be shareware
>shelved it in case someone were desperate enough for MIDI music on the cheap came to the composer
>years later, elysian shadows happen

What, you expected something original?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little kickstarter backer? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the vaporware development, and I’ve been involved in numerous unrelease Dreamcast titles, and I have over 300 confirmed lins of code. I am trained in Java and I’m the top coder in the entire vaporware scene. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the retro gaming scene and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my dreamcast controller. Not only am I extensively trained in pretending to make a game, but I have access to the entire budget of $185,322 and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

mfw watching the chat

>if they followed through with their promises

Ay, there's the rub.

Daily reminder that OLD Cred Forums would love this guy, he's fit, based, politically incorrect and makes vidya even when everyone abandons him and runs off with his budget. Yet nu-vee shits on him because they are bunch of fucking drama hungry ggkids, shitting up our anicent board.

souls your a gay faggot dont deny it

>Thinking old Cred Forums was the cesspool of memes and CP that 9gag paints it to be

What a retard.

Futa isn't fucking gay.

>fit
Malnourished because no food
>based
In no way whatsoever
>politically incorrect
He is the definition of a hugbox sjw indiedev who praises himself as god but has no product
>everyone abandons him and runs off
Maybe because he sucks
>with his budget
Proof? Aside from him just saying so? Because he has lied before.

Sounds more like you're a reddit fucktard

Hi Falco!

What is with this lad and giving the middle finger?

daily reminder that "old Cred Forums" would have trolled this guy even harder you fucking retard, what the hell board were you on

t. falco girgis

How the fuck did this game developed by an Easter Island head get Kickstarted?

Watching the chat explode is fucking hilarious
dont forget to shit up that youtube vid with thumbs downs and comments

He thinks it's cool.

MC escher got on RPG maker?

The only people still following are those suckers who still somehow have a shred of hope.

kek

What's the deal with this game?

Obsolete platforms.
Not that it matters, the money is for his cocaine and whores.

>check the elysian shadows Wikipedia page
>check history
>falco "gyrovorbis" girgis has deleted everything bad about him and made himself sound like the victim

Wew

Dude looks like the villain/comic relief of a Disney movie.

>flipping off pictures
is this guy 12
game looks like shit anyways

They'll make Wikipedia pages about anything these days.

Spooky.

kek

That art is just so bad and it doesn't even look like it goes together. I'm almost 100% sure a good portion of that is stolen, especially those cliffs, the bush, and the grass. The style is a jumble and that's a pretty good sign that they're combining tilesets.

Looks gay. Was hoping it was a sequel to Dust.

Don't let this thread die

i wonder if this, star citizen, or that which sleeps will be out sooner

This thread was born dead.
Just like the game.

Its so flat and ugly looking. Everything is so bright too like god damn

Some of that stuff is clearly not there's. They are most definitely stealing crap from other artists. You can see how nice the stolen stuff is compared to their shitty attempt.

>PS: (No homo)

The fuck would he write that for?

Did I miss a sentence with him wanting to suck a cock?

>Did I miss a sentence with him wanting to suck a cock?
Yeah, everything before "PS: (No homo)"

The art here doesn't look that bad. It only needs some shadows, and a new palette. The character could use a redo though.

>makes vidya
source?

I'm pretty sure that's grounds for a lawsuit.

>Elysian Shadows takes place in a world caught in constant conflict between magic and technology. The gift of magic is bestowed upon loyal followers of The Creator, while the nonreligious sects of society are forced to rely upon technological advances in their daily lives. Upon uncovering a mysterious artifact deep within one of the ancient ruins scattered throughout the land, Julien and friends find themselves thrust into the middle of this mounting conflict, and they must now solve the mystery of the ancient civilizations to prevent the destruction of their own.

You boring pieces of meat. Why the fuck are going the cliche overload route?
Another useless gamedev team, what a disappointment.

I forgot this guy was making a game. All he does every single day is photograph himself flipping the bird at the camera. Is that what his game is about? Seems like a boring premise if you ask me.

I still don't even know this faggot's name. I only know him as that schmuck with all the pictures of him giving the finger. I bet that'll be his entire legacy, too. That's what they'll put on his tombstone: "Here lies guy who did nothing but flip the bird all day."

What a wasted life. I mean, with all that time and energy you could actually be working on a game.

He is certainly more interesting than you, though.

>

Setting actually seems somewhat interesting and then they immediately start trashing it with that generic as fuck plot
I really dislike this indie pixelshit trend

>I was doing a public service

what is this and why should I care?

Is there a screen cap of the Skype log?

Yeah, we sure loved Bob and Bob's Game.

>#gamersgate
wew

>OLD Cred Forums would love this guy
I am 28, been on \V\ for 11 years now and I think he is an autistic manchild.

What's the game even about? It just seems like some generic rpg maker game with slightly above average pixel art.

>\V\

That can't be right. That would mean you where under 18 when you started. This is an 18 board. Surely you wouldn't go against the rules?

Qouted the wrong person faggot.

maybe his birthday is in October, November, or December. Or the second half of September

I started browsing when I was underage, yeah. I wasn't different than the underage fags that browse this board at this very moment.

I finally got banned from that chat

>anicent
falco go and stay go while you kys

why does the game look like it's made in rpg maker? I was expecting something better, but guess not.

>Elysian Shadows is an indie 2D RPG being developed for Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Droid, OUYA, and Sega Dreamcast by a rag-tag team of engineers, artists, musicians, and drunks.
>OUYA and Sega Dreamcast
i've said this before and i'll say it again but this nigger is absolutely destined for failure and he will get his comeuppance. i hope it's long and agonizing and he feels terrible for a very long time

not that it's a well kept secret or anything. children basically paid his bills for him and he's proud of it

You act like this guy is the second coming of Ullillillia. He isn't.

i really look forward to the ouya version

Do you still believe?

lol no

i find funny that he promised so many versions for different hardwares that he will never deliver, but after MN9 anything goes i guess

wait, he's 25? he looks 40

>with slightly above average pixel art.
lel

>mn9
At least MN9 came out and Keiji Inafune didn't rape anything but his own name