Games that scared YOU

Let's talk about video games that scared you user.

It doesn't matter if the game is considered scary by popular opinion, if it spooked you, post it.

Pic related, game is called "I'm Scared" and fucking made me jump a couple times, but mostly just filled me with dread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFyt_pi7U68
youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE
youtube.com/watch?v=5MuygMqV8eE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZdRojLEys
youtube.com/watch?v=Or1yVwOf6EY
youtu.be/c1aqZUeGw10
youtu.be/7Ag3hZuo_s0
youtube.com/watch?v=fnZrOLn0mB4
youtube.com/watch?v=F7IiGqN7MNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idk why but this game makes me jump, it might be something to do with the sound design, but even having the aesthetic of not being scary at all, and being a "meme game", it still makes me jump.

F.E.A.R used to creep me out when I played it, but tbf I was like 15.

LSD. Older games that haven't been completely taken apart and datamined scare the fuck out of me. I always think that there is something that nobody else has found and is waiting to fuck me up.

Tombs and Treasures for the NES is also really spooky.

Kuon is a scary game, it mixes up it's jumpscares and slow builds and creepin' feelings all just the right amount, it fucked with me the whole way through.

I hope fromsoft makes another horror game soon.

Im scared is probably on my list near the top, just seeing that fucker's face again is giving me the fucking creeps, fuck you OP.

I think they made a paid version but I think the original is still free.

Hello I'm a huge pussy.

As a kid this scared the shit out of me. I always expected him to attack me as my back was turned, I hated his laugh, all of it. I would have TAS level reflexes getting into the basement door so I didn't have to trigger him, and if I did I'd have to pause the game for a minute. One time I accidentally did the glitch that triggered his laugh on the stairway going up and jumped the fuck out of my seat.

Games haven't scared me except fear because at times that shit was legit creepy but parts of games have, that fish and eel in SM64 were big contenders oh and the enemy that grabs you and throws you. The death animations in that game scarred me for life too in where any game I play that I know the MC can die horribly I either don't play it or try my hardest to die by little shit, I think I grew out of it though

um.... THEY DID!!! LOL its callde DARK SOULS teh HARDED GAME EVAR!!!!! woodnt be surprised if u never herd of it lol its p neesh

The hidden lab in undertale freaked me the fuck out, honestly
especially the ghost dog

RPGMaker horror games in general & games similar to them just have me on edge always, I have no idea why but I sure do like it.

the grace period of the first day of release when no one really knew much was pretty fucking great, it made shit like the lab and most of the genocide half extremely atmospheric as fuck

gaster and his "followers" in undertale
i kinda half-expected the mystery to be 100% solved and to reveal the full plot of the game
also this

I played silent hill 1 for the first time last year
there were a couple of rooms that just creeped me out
there is one in the school where it just has this sound that starts quiet and just grows louder and louder the longer you are in
you only need to be in there for a second to get chemicals but I always tried to leave as fast as possible
also there was a room with literally nothing in it except the sound of glass breaking that freaked me out

Because it intentionally misleads and after a while of cute things popping out at you shit gets crazy.

Ao Oni itself wasn't scary, but I see that fucking face through the bars in every nightmare.

The dog was cute when you made it happy

The fucking giygas memoryhead thing was NIGHTMARE FUEL for me though

Not another spoopy thread, the last one was too much

This thread is the ultimate proof that Cred Forums is massively used by underage toddlers, enjoying shitty " scary " games, and probably fan of markplier or whatever his name is and other cancerous e-celeb cancer.

stop shilling your god awful indie crap and play silent hill 1-4, fatal frame 1-3, forbidden siren, haunting ground, penumbra, cry of fear or afraid of monster.

Nigga PLEASE. You didn't mention Eternal Darkness in that list.

none of those are scary either

I literally could not beat Shadow of the Colossus as a kid because this guy scared me so bad

I really want to get into silent hill but I'm such a pussy I don't know if I can do it
I started SH1 maybe five years back and I was scared by the dogs running around at the very beginning and barely even started the game

I played PT recently though, and it scared me so bad I got a stomach ache, but I did it. maybe I've leveled up.

Off the top of my head, the last game that scared me was Manhunt, mainly because of pic related.

All that time through the game, you at least had a chance of finding something easily but with Piggsy you had to hide so much before finding a weapon and even then, the whole having to sneak up on him scared the fuck out of me.

>What if he turns around...
>What if I fuck this up...
>OH SHIT! I took too much time, hide again!

most of the enemies arent too bad really
I get more scared by the overall ambience and vibe
the birds and dogs are easily dodgable
the only enemy that actually scares me are the weird apes in the end game.

Was generally spooked and disturbed learning about the cryptids in NEO Scavenger, also got a bit disturbed when I kicked an enemy so many times it felt unreal.
Though the Detroit Mega City makes me feel so comfy

yeah, the whole ambiance got to me I think
I'm probably ready to give it another shot. I always think about playing it again in the fall, so maybe this year is the year.

I'll watch out for the weird apes.

Sonic 2: First time about to drown.
Police Quest(?): Investigating a dumpster showed a closeup of a decomposing child.
Quake: Fucking Shamblers, man.
Fatal Frame: Was watching a friend play it late at night, and wasn't that scary. They paused to go take a piss, and when I looked away and back at the screen, bloody hand prints started appearing on the menu.
Kingdom The Far Reaches: WHO THE FUCK MADE THIS GAME FOR "CHILDREN"

>playing smt2 in middle school
>wandering around an annoying fog maze
>finally find a door
>all of a sudden THIS FUCKING THING APPEARS

>Investigating a dumpster showed a closeup of a decomposing child.
jesus fucking christ

Manhunt 1 was a great game, hear the sequel was eh though. Shame like with Bully it never got enough love.

I hear theres only one instance of someone finding out the ending, makes it that much creepier.

>Fatal Frame
>Play !-3
All Fatal Frame games are awesome, fuck you.

This game is a masterpiece but every time I think about it I get fucking goosebumps

this one got me too
I really did love it though, so it was worth it

Never played the others, so I'm not talking about it.

Unlike Cred Forums, I don't give my opinion about game I didn't tried.

>cry of fear
Only in a so bad it's good kid of way, it's one of the funniest games I've played just because of how much it fails at being scary and just becomes ridiculous

agreed, it's a really deeply disturbing game but it's definitely the most common thing I site when people say that vidya can't be art

Wow, I feel like an asshole now.

I'm really sorry for being such a fucking idiot.

I really do.

There was something off about this place, every time I play through the game I get through all of it as fast as I can and never go back.

>mfw getting into a battle midgame

Irisu Syndrome always manages to make me feel depressed so I never finish it

I dont like games not being contained
that shit genuinly freaked me the fuck out

Not him but I'm glad I could play the game unspoiled.

L4D first time i saw a friend play it at his house, used to be a insanely huge pussy for anything remotely scary and now im just a bitch about scary stuff. Didn't help that his game room was a pitch black room they made in the garage with 0 lights except the tv and leds from powerstrips and controllers

This game alone is a good enough reason to be proud of being french

youtube.com/watch?v=lFyt_pi7U68

youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE

youtube.com/watch?v=5MuygMqV8eE

I don't know what it is about that face the scares the hell out of me. Being chased by it is so fucking tense, too.

Intelligent Qube still scares me. It's not the fear of what's around the corner that gets me, but this intense anxiety washes over me, it's frantic and hopeless, and plays on a deep rooted fear of nothingness. Watching massive blocks roll toward you with nowhere to run terrifies me to the point where I can't play more than a few minutes at a time. I still love it, though.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZdRojLEys

Off seems pretty cool, but i got a fuckton on my plate
How long is it?

As a kid, playing half life was fun but ravenholm always scared me. I always wanted dog to come with me so I wasn't alone.

Oh look it's mister "I get mad at things I don't understand"

People find different things scary. Get over it.

Alright.
>looking up for Markiplier spooky house

>Get over it.
that's what i say to everyone who finds stuff scary.

you bunch of fucking pussies.

You can finish it in one night.

There's a video I saw of a guy doing a playthrough in 3 hours
It couldn't have taken me longer than 6

While most of the game is more melancholic and depressing than scary, some moments, and the Albino scene in Bachelors route in particular just scared the everliving SHIT out of me.

youtube.com/watch?v=Or1yVwOf6EY
HELP
BATTER!

this game gave me a fear of opening doors

The game is a bit of a chore though

Dark Souls

>The game is a bit of a chore though
I think that is a bit of an understatement. It's the best game I've ever played, but god knows it's not fun to play.

I love imscared, but I also hate it for the most autistic reason possible.

I loved this game when it was just a demo on gamejolt, I thought it was fantastic years ago. When I saw it came out on steam, I was ecstatic. I bought it right away and started playing, only to realise something was wrong.

The dev changed the footstep sound.

Now, you wouldn't know if you never played the demo, but the entire experience when it came to sound was amazing. Every sound was purposely low quality and static-y, including the footstep noise, which was the most satisfying, crunchiest sound in the entire game, and it made the mere act of WALKING a fucking JOY to me. It just felt good.

However, the steam versions footstep noise was replaced with a generic, high quality footstep noise with no static.

My favourite part of the game was gone, and replaced with something shitty that ruined the feel of the game and stuck out like a sore thumb.

I asked the dev why

He said some people found it annoying

and instead of adding an option he just completely removed it...

I never played it again after that.

Fuck me.

FUCKING WALKING-SIMULATOR CONNOISSEUR TRIGGERED BY A TINY FOOTSTEP SOUND

Like I said, I know it's stupid, but that footstep noise was seriously one of the best parts of the game for me. I was so happy walking around with it. It just sounded satisfying and added to the retro creep factor.

Every game by Osamu Sato creeps me the fuck out

The Abyss in Dark Souls 1
Whether it's the Four Kings fight or just Kaathe and the bonfire, I can't keep calm at all in that area

Or in empty voids in video games in general

pt even with people around scared me

pnumbra alone fucked me, but with people around not so much

Condemned, Criminal Origins is a masterpiece of horror. It has all the elements of pure terror, and doesn't JUST use jump scares or spooky music.

Also, the mother fucking bear cabin. If you don't feel the terror in that level, then you need psychiatric help.

>cry of fear/afraid of monsters

Exactly shitty "scary" games full of jump scares and no atmosphere whatsoefer

>that scene where it describes what the murderer is doing to the children in extreme detail

That shit actually got to me.

Go to bed grandpa

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Pic rel.

The atmosphere, music and few levels could easily fit a horror game.

the intro still makes me jump everytime...

>Vaguely remember something called LSD from years ago
>Decide to Google it
>Realize that this is the acid-trip dream sim I used to have nightmares about

Jesus christ user, I didnt even remember that game scared me.

New fag here, what's the opinion of this board on "Outlast: Whistleblower"?? I saw the walkthrough on YT and I remember that I shat my pant.

> mfw first Secretary encounter

>Corpse Party
I'm still mad that Yuka survived over Yui and Seiko

Shame they never finished the game, though.

>But user it's finished

Fuck you, theres no endgame and Detroit is still missing shit. Fuck that dev, he's lucky as fuck modders decided they liked the game.

> I saw the walkthrough on YT

>tfw the first motherfucker appear when you're too far inside the " purified " world, so you have to fight a lot of his spooky friend when you try to go back to the void

that was a really good trap

Dead Space 1

Great taste there my friends.

My first night out in Dying Light

Also that game over screen. Nothing could have prepared me.

youtu.be/c1aqZUeGw10

When I was real young, I played Drakengard all the way through. That game's final boss, along with the rest of the game, gave me the first nightmares I ever had. I think I was 12 years old, and even now I still don't have many dreams.

youtu.be/7Ag3hZuo_s0
Meant to post this video.

SIREN

BLOOD

CURSE

>cry of fear has no atmosphere
Someone has never played it. (Also I made a sick rhyme)

Is I don't see amnesia in there.
Is penumbra really better like some people say?
I could never play through them yet cause I'm still a puss.

Amnesia is garbage.

Penumbra is way better

le easily spooked poster

I can't think of the game, but the last time I got scared, like deathly, was in some game that wasn't meant to be scary. I can't explain it, there was just a really off putting part of the game and it caught me off gaurd. I don't know.

Silent hill 2, i have stop it just after the first fight with pyramid head.
Some tips for playing this game without shitting myself ?

Yeah, it sucks.
I take jumps like a stone wall but give a dark hall with blowing wind and it gets deleted in an instant.

>pas trop dur d'être venu du 18-25 jusqu'à Cred Forums à pied Pierre ?
>non ça va, j'ai roulé

This post reeks of underage.

Cry of Fear

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines scared me a couple times during my initial playthrough, and a couple times more during at least two others. By the fourth one though I was kind of used to it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnZrOLn0mB4

youtube.com/watch?v=F7IiGqN7MNE

>mfw the doorknob

kek
>Un menu à volonté M. Menes ?
>Non, deux.

>Ce sera tout M. Menes ?
> Oui, tout.

Is LSD a good game ?

Penumbra Black Plague is the objective best of the series.

>You actually go insane
>pass through a corridor, try to open a door, it's locked
>Pass through the same corridor ten minutes later, no door to be seen
>wat
>the voice in your head, bearing an sarcastic tone :"man, I SWEAR there was a door right here, where did it go?"

brilliant.