Looking to get a new gaming mouse, any recommendations?

Looking to get a new gaming mouse, any recommendations?

>had a abyssus for about 4-5 years but it's starting to shit out
>thinking about getting another one or maybe a death adder but not sure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogzOpkM_ouo
youtube.com/watch?v=Y52gOAzNSAU
youtube.com/watch?v=qkEQW7YLuAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most Razer mice are pretty shit. Deathadder is good, I've had 3.5G but Logitech G402 is a really solid choice, I think it's better overall.

>gaming mice
>any different from regular mice
>spending $200 for a fucking mouse

shiggy diggy

Razer Deathadder and Zowie EC1/2-A are nice picks

My friend is collecting gamer stuff (dont judge him), so I get to try all kind of diffferent shit.
So far, for me at least, the most comfortable ones were the steelseries rival, the zowie fk1, and the gigabyte m8000x.
Personally, i bought the gigabyte for my daily use, but all of these are good imo.

Being this poor

do the side buttons take any getting used to? looks a bit bulky but I'm open minded

Zowie looks interesting, I'll keep it in mind

can't believe some people are really this retarded

I know, it's boggling to think people spend that much money for something they could get at target for $13

looking for a mouse, too.

>20-30€
>at least 2 thumb buttons
>dpi switch (i play with 1200 and 800 dpi)

Been through several cheap mice over the years and my Grip 300 has done pretty well for $25. Occasionally it drops out for a split second, but that only happens in periods of long use.

>do the side buttons take any getting used to? looks a bit bulky but I'm open minded

Which one are you referring to? As far as the Deathadder is concerned the side buttons are actually quite nice to use. G402's look a bit awkward but I haven't used the mouse.

The Deathadder is one of the comfiest mouses I've owned, BUT it has pretty shit build quality, like most other Razer products. Expect it to start to miss clicks and/or double click in a year. I had issues with both mouse buttons double-clicking, and the scroll wheel not working half the time.

I was referring to the g402, it seems bulky but I'd like to hear from someone who owns it about how it feels

That's what I'm dealing with atm with my abyssus, it lasted like 4 years but it's shitting out now. Thanks for the insight, maybe I might take a gamble with the deathadder but not sure.

This

Had my first Deathadder scroll wheel shit out on me in less than a year and they sent me a Chroma version to replace it and now this one is starting to take a shit too. Scroll wheel is starting to go and it sometimes double clicks.

Other than that, super comfy mouse.

Had same problems too. Apparently you can open up the mouse and clean it up to fix it or something but still, mice should definitely not 'break' like that.

A shame since it's really fucking comfy. And if you don't use the middle finger on the MMB then it will make you.

I'd say just steer away from Razer. I now got a Steelseries Rival, which is very similar to the DA, but it also has some issues with the grip rubber being pure shit and literally starting to crumble and peel off under your finger. No idea if the new one still had this issue.

I managed to fix my double clicking by putting some tape at the end of the plastic plunger that hits the switch, but haven't even bothered opening it up to try to fix the middle click.

Thanks for the insight, I've been checking out the rival series and I'm thinking maybe the 300? Says it's good for palm grip which is what I use primarily (I sometimes switch to claw but rarely)

Apparently they solved that problem. I was unfortunate enough to buy mine from fucking Best Buy and they had the old ones. Though mine is just getting smoothed out after a year of use and it doesn't bother me that much.

I own the Dota 2 edition, which is basically just a different color from the Rival. I'm not sure if the 300 is the same mouse, since when I bought it there was just one mouse called Rival, now there is 4 of them.

youre the guy who thinks you need to spend 2000 on a computer

Holy fuck dude - Turtle Beach anything is the hot topic of peripherals. It's pure marketing for the cheapest most mass produced product from China that they can put their label on. I'd say you should strangle yourself with the chord but it probably would break from being shit quality.

That's good to know. I'm actually waiting to hear back from their support about the possibility of RMA, since mine is still in warranty, so I hope they send me one where it's fixed, because I really like the mouse.

G502 if you don't mind weight.

G900 if you like ambidextrous and have the moneys

Zowie if you just want good mouse and don't care for extras

Intellimouse finally broke. all the gaming mice I've seen have really narrow increments on the mouse wheel. any like the 3.0 under 100 bucks?

Yeah it's the 300 series. This board needs to stop pushing Deathadders already since those things always break after a year. And the Rival takes after the Intellimouse that Cred Forums likes to circle jerk to.

i'm waiting for the g403 to come out. it has the great shape of the EC2 mouses, the perfect pwm3366 sensor and is lightweight. literally my dream mouse.

Same here. Buying one as soon as they're out in my country.

Wait for the 403 and the G-Pro. They do look promising.

I've had the Roccat Kone Pure for 2 years - it served me fairly well for that period, but it has gotten a double click problem which is unacceptable for that price - I've also read that it's a common issue for the Kone Pure series and some break even after a handful of months so it's a gamble and not worth the money imo.

What is that shit?

If you're buying a special moues it better have 3-5 extra buttons.

Anything serviceable for like 20-30 bucks? Don't need bells or whistles, just something that feels nice to hold.

bump?

>G403

What, is everyone making their own Deathadder equivalent now or something?

notice Cred Forums still sleeping on dat mionix 7000 goodness

Any recommendation for an mmo mouse?

>Occasionally it drops out for a split second, but that only happens in periods of long use

then its a shit mouse and that should not be happening at all.

Zowie FK1 Yellow is what I'm on. Feels so good on my 144hz monitor.

anyone use the logitech MMO mouse? Thinking about getting it but i have large hands

Know a guy who has fuckloads of these from somewhere. Noticeable weight is something I like, and it works well.

I'm using logitech G PRO right now. its pretty fuckin gud for fps games cuz it has the best optical sensor on the market. G403 seems good too with the same PWM3366 sensor.

If the WMO was so good then why did Microsoft do away with it?

>preset dpi
>claw grip
not terrible, but not for $70 fucking dollars

Any ROCCAT mouse is OP. Don't fall for Razer meme. They like to break, but good customer support.
What I use though is Logitech g500 for 4 years already. Mouse is a fucking tank and I like it because it's big and it's heavy. You can put weights in it. Mine is stuffed with the heaviest ones. :D

>g500
mah nigga
ive had mine for about 7-8 years now

It's $60 and mice like that are designed for fingertip grip more than claw

Claw is a meme grip nobody actually uses and most people who think they use claw are far closer to fingertip

Is the Pro out already? I'm debating between it and the G403. The G403 looks really similar to the Deathadder shape which I love, so I might go with it.

>$10 off
when I bought it I payed $70 full retail at microcenter

not saying its the worst mice, but to me it feels like a cheap piece of plastic
my g500 has lasted me 8 years, and i replaced the cord once, which cost me a total of $5.

at least when I used it, i had to claw grip it to get control with it, claw was not comfortable to me, but its not entirely true that claw grip is a meme. that mouse if the definition of claw grip
i have medium sized hands

My Corsair M65 was $50 and nice and sturdy.

>gaming mice cost at absolute most $70

Kill yourself

yes, the g-pro is out already
the g403 has lost of QA issues right now so maybe wait

I think logitech products are mostly a ripoff but the g-pro is pretty much a perfect FPS mouse and it's probably the only logitech mouse I'd ever advise buying

I guess it's appropriate to ask this on this thread, but is there any list that actually has meaningful information about mousepads? I had cheap shit, then a Goliathus, which was decent, and now I'm using a Destructor 2, which is absolutely perfect for how I like a pad to behave, which is to basically allow the mouse to glide smoothly without much friction, and I can't find any information like that anywhere.

Was a Logitech fag for a long time then I switched to Roccat and I stuck with them. Nyth is very comfortable for my giant hands and, once managed to set distance control to very low so that when I lift the mouse the cursor doesn't go apeshit on the screen, I became very satisfied with it.

if the g403 was a little bit smaller id get it in a heartbeat

love the shape

as it is, does anyone know a small, quality fingertip grip mouse? im using a g300s, but not having any real side buttons can be annoying

So basically G Pro is for FPS and g403 is for general gaming?

Can you elaborate? I'm curious about the issues on the G403, specially since I can't see it being sold anywhere. The Pro has a bit of a cheap look IMO, even if it's not, and I'm used to the shape that the G403 seems to have. Is there any major difference between the two, apart from the shape? I don't really care about the sensor honestly, since I just play Dota, and the closest thing to a FPS I occasionally play is Overwatch.

Logitech has the G402 or G400s for around the same price.

Castor masterrace

Razer is not bad. Just overpriced

Is there anything like the Deathadder that has actual build quality? I love the shape but my mouse wheel click has died. I've had the damn thing 3 years.

ive had mine for years, no problems at all. its like 4 years old now. maybe i just got lucky :)

I've been rocking the Abyssus for about 4 years and it's still doing me proud

reviews:
g403 youtube.com/watch?v=ogzOpkM_ouo

Pro youtube.com/watch?v=Y52gOAzNSAU

rumor has it that certain g403 has middle mouse rattle, and logitech RMA can be troublesome. i suggest you wait and buy it from amazon or retail store, so you can return it if its not up to ur standards.

Either luck, or older ones had better build quality. I know friends who also have Razer stuff for 4+ years and no issues, while my DA Chroma was fucked with less than a year of daily use.

Read this The Rival is very similar, and I really like it, but seems like the original ones had shit grips, though according to this user it has been solved on the newer ones

It's just scroll wheel rattle, but anecdotally people are saying that logitech is refusing to replace them under RMA so be aware if that bothers you

It doesn't actually affect mouse functionality unless you try to do things like bhop with scroll wheel, but for a $70 mouse you'd expect more

The g403 is larger + heavier, has a right hand ergo shape, and softer larger side buttons

The g-pro is targeted at people who need a light fast mouse for high speed swipes at low DPI in fps games, where the g403 is more of a "general" gaming mouse yes

If you aren't playing FPS games at a low dpi though then you can find plenty of mice that are fine for your use case and don't cost $70, if you're just playing mobas or w/e then a $70 mouse will barely benefit you over lots of the $40 ones with adjustable DPI

There's 4 different models of Rival. I just want good build quality with minimal rice. Should I go with the 100?

Look up if there are any issues with the rubber, if not, then yeah, I'd say go for it. The original 'regular' Rival has issues, but they seem to have fixed the new ones.

I'm looking to replace my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, what would be a good newish mouse with a similar form factor?

Thanks a lot for the reply user. Made me realize I probably don't need expensive mice. The only FPS I play are either single-player, or more 'casual' stuff like Overwatch or COD, so I'm mainly looking for something for general use, as in browsing and working, and MOBA/casual FPS. Is there any well built mouse for general use that isn't super expensive? I like light mice, and have a fingertip grip. The Rival 100 and the G302 seem to have quite good prices.

Just checked their website, and on their comparison table it says the 100 DOESN'T have double shot injected rubber sides, so I'd be wary.

How loud of the rattle is it? Like Blue Switches clicky loud?

Only the 700 looks to have them and that's way too expensive and way too much rice.

The Logitech G403, the Zowie EC2-A, and the Razer DA Chroma are the current gen mice modeled after the IME 3.0 shell.

Of those the EC2-A is probably the closest to the IME 3.0 shape, and the G403 has the best sensor.

Rival 100 is fine, the G302/303/402 are probably better at that pricepoint, the 302/303 in particular are very light fingertip grip mice

The 100 actually has plastic grips, so no rubber issue. They've fixed the problem on the 300 though, which is essentially the old Rival.

I was looking at the Rival 100, but according to youtube.com/watch?v=qkEQW7YLuAA the mouse has a high lift-off distance which can't be adjusted, which is a dealbreaker. Can anyone confirm this?

Steelseries website seem to say it has a low one. But it is locked.

Trust GXT 152

i have fk1, left button stopped clicking after 3 months of csgo, got a brand new one from zowie, but i'm thinking of getting rival 300 now, is it worth it?

I have pic related. Usable extra buttons on side while not being absolutely fucking covered in them or looking like the batmobile.

Surface easy to clean. Base doesn't attract dust. Looks trendy. Middle buttons do that gay on the fly sensetivity shit but it's useful if your friend goes "MUH WHY DOES UR MOUSE MOVE SO FAST PLZ CHANGE!!11"

I'm happy with this piece of shit.

>:D

>tfw can't use hotkeys anymore without a numpad on the side of the mouse
>want to use anything other than my old shitty naga

I bought into the meme over half a decade ago and I'm paying for it in spades

>those wings
>that edgy scorpion

just reset your hotkeys. Those fucking mousenumpad buttons must be horrendous to press anyways. I can;t imagine cramping my hand into the position needed to press those fucks.

Some sort of Reddragon. Just be aware that it has some gnarly led''s in it.

I mostly use 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 10. Reaching the other ones isn't easy.
I need a new mouse with at least 6 side buttons that won't explode after a couple years or wear and tear.

>at least 6 side buttons

jesus christ just use the keyboard like a normal human being. Anything more than a couple of side buttons just looks autistic as fuck and is probably more of a hindrance than a help.