I NEED SOME HARD MOTHERFUCKING GAMES

I NEED SOME HARD MOTHERFUCKING GAMES

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD GAMES TO PLAY TO MAKE YOURSELF SUFFER

SETTING AVERAGE GAMES TO THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY TO MAKE THEM """"HARD"""" DOESN'T COUNT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
youtu.be/ml6w0BEdFaE?t=39s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeNYWl0HkI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

-STALKER series (see pic)
-Shantae 1 (GBC)
-Mega Man 2
-BLOOD

battletoads

hard mode: co-op

stalker misery no save edition
have fun eating shit

>any video game
>hard

They're literally designed to be completed

NetHack is pretty hard, unless you cheat and read a guide.

They Bleed Pixels isn't that easy, there's a thread for that on Cred Forums right now.

How about X-COM TFTD? That's a challenge.

Spacechem is difficult.

You could always just challenge yourself to 1CC almost any old arcade game, you're practically guaranteed a bastard hard challenge doing that.

jagged alliance 2 if you like to see people you spent 30k a week on die in the first round of combat

myth the fallen lords and myth 2 soulblighter heroic+

Hard Reset on insane mode.

lol.... go play bio metal

>die in the first round of combat
That's why i never pay them more than one day. I don't like savescumming.

Complete a round of Space Station 13 as the lone security guard without dying.

No-roll titan souls is decently tough

Link to thread?
Searching catalog leads to nothing

Kaizo Mario and the whole platformer subgenre it spawned.

>Not putting them on a roof (or behind a corner) and watch the AI try dumb shit to get to them

>WHAT ARE SOME GOOD GAMES TO PLAY TO MAKE YOURSELF SUFFER
The Last Remnant

I don't really mind my merc's dieing but I will say I don't like JA2 "endgame" being that 1 out of every 4 guys having some kind of bolt action/semi out sniper rifle I kinda wish that all the AR rifle ranges was 30% longer same for smgs.

But if you want something else 7.62 high calibre might do the job but can easily fall into save summing if things start poorly.

You can also try invisible inc

I Wanna Be The Guy

SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM

Thread's probably dead then, sorry.

You okay there, Kaz?

Ghosts 'n Goblins And fuck you autistic shitposters who have beat the game 20000 times and say it's easy

You can just change the range in the XML editor if you want. Or any other stat for that matter.

Men of War series, especially Condemned Heroes, Red Tide and Vietnam

That's when I tend to do in some areas but some times its just not possible or I fuck up and have 8 guys jump on me in one round.

Like I just took alma's mine and this was my starting area.

Underrail is pretty hard if you are not googling every fucking thing and just make a build that feels right (it isn't right, believe me)... Especially if you venture around areas that aren't connected to the main quest. It's been a long time since I had to use everything in my inventory to kill some bandits...from traps, nets, poisons... you name it.

If it died recently it's probably still in the archive.

I fair enough I should do that.

> unlimited saves whenever
> difficult

Bioshock Infinite.

Also, Gothic II NoTR, if you are no pro and don't know how the game works you will probably fuck up your character too much...be advised

I hate fights in the swamp areas especially if you get ambushed. If it´s not at night with NVGs i´m probably gonna get at least injured a lot or even lose someone. Even worse if you have a nonswimmer merc.

Rock Band 4

Super mario sunshine, all shines.

Its easy once you memorized everything after dying a bunch of times.

1.13 mod fixes most of the issues and completely rebalances the game
Also IoV

play La-Mulana, get a pen and notepad and work it all out.

If you wanted someone to post it you just had to ask.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

La-Mulana has so bullshit jumping mechanics.

>hurrdurr im pussy flip flop who cant commit to an action
git gud

good job it's all about puzzles instead of precision platforming, then.

Darkest dungeon

can be pretty ball breaking

>IoV
Don't know what that is sorry.

Oh my God I am sorry that I hurt your feelings by saying something bad about your favourite game.

Roguelikes, not Roguelites.

lmayo git gud scurb

Super Meat Boy
Cave Story Best Ending

Try Tharsis but don't you dare to cry RNG.

Instruments of Violence weapon/gear pack

provides shitloads of really well balanced weapons, and gear

>tfw 6-man squad, all with LMGs
>literally mowing enemies down
>ran out of money due to high ammo consumption three battles later
apparently ammo isn't cheap after all

alternatively:
>6-man mortar squad
>2 people carry mortar and plate
>4 people carry backpacks full ofmustard gas shells
>used in town full of civilians
fun times were had by all

I see thanks.

ninja gaiden black

Here

FTL could fit the bill
SMB Lost Levels for nostalgia
Play your favorite game but make up some arbitrary rule or speedrun it

Alternatively, try the "get a gf" game
Pic not related, it's easy but fun

Wings of vi is pretty fucking hard

Here you go OP. A hidden gem if I've ever seen one.

This game gives you 1000 lives, and it's entirely possible to use up every single one of them just playing on normal difficulty. There's a hard mode but I won't even touch it.
It actually has a shitload of content for a platformer, but that's a given for an NIS game.

Multiplayer games
Did you play the Bloodrite beta during the last few days? Shit's fun and tough.

LA MULANA

The remake preferably as it has the better translation

Misery 2.1 for Call of Pripyat

>2.1
Why they fucked up so badly?

Mount & Blade Warband

Crank up the difficulty and try not to cry

Misery is the shittiest mod for CoP because it becomes ridiculously easy once at mid-game.

Furi has been fucking my shit up so I'd recommend that

Xcom

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC
AMK
MAKAROV ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION

it's also retarded because it completely trivializes artifact hunting. scavenging gear off the dead is the only way to make money. a low-tier artifact is worth less than a can of chili and a high tier artifact (which spawns extremely rarely) is barely worth more than 25% of your environmental hazard suit (let alone repair costs once the hunt is over)

artifacts are a part of what makes stalker unique and misery just shits all over it. it's a shame that besides that it's a pretty fun mod thanks to all the atmospheric improvements it makes.

Hearts of Iron III

Just play CoC with itemsoup and you will be fine.

>itemsoup
What does it do? I play CoC + Arsenal.

Only the 360 version is really hardmode (less equip and formation choices).

Add valuable garbage in your inventory.

Mount&blade realistic mode with >120% difficulty

Devil Daggers. Shit's hard and addictive.

Towerclimb

This may sound stupid but is incredibly difficult and takes a shittone of time.
Being fairly obsessed with MK7, after getting three star rating on everything and ~50k VR(all ~500hrs of work) Go into time trials and try to get your times closer to the WR marks. This is done by simply beating each ghost in time trials until you are at the top(this is not anywhere near WR yet) then you have to research the WR videos which are pretty shitty and sometimes the fuckers don't record in third person mode(just to make learning the route even harder)
I been working on Dino Dino Jingle and just got my time around 1:54, shit is much more convoluted than I thought. (wr is like 1:49 low) You could do this for any Mario Kart you are good at. Shit, I hear the Mario Kart Super Circuit community is fairly competitive, here is a cool run from them:
youtu.be/ml6w0BEdFaE?t=39s

>but isn't this just speedrunning?
ya, but in a smaller sense I suppose

MKDS has some disgusting world records. I beat the staff ghost times for every level, checked out the website and just simply gave up.

Battlerite?

oh fuck, yeah they are good. They micro manage those mini turbos so much, hurts my thumbs just thinking about it.

dodonpachi.
strikers 1945 quite hard but it gives you the feeling that you can progress but its just a delusion.
meat boy.
dcss hard but still fun.
doom 2 without any mods on hurt me plenty is quite hard but enemy placement is outrageous and it feels like it is forced but if you want hard its quite hard.
volgarr the viking, this game is really amazing and its quite hard it doesn't has any save file but you can still continue but only after you have defeated the boss and continuing is also hidden and it gives you penalty.
have fun suffering

umihara kawase,a physic based platformer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeNYWl0HkI

>doom 2 without any mods on hurt me plenty
Fuck that, go straight for Ultra-Violence.

HMP isn't THAT much of a challenge. Nightmare is too hard if anything. UV is a good sweet spot that manages to be both challenging and rewarding, as opposed to breezy or downright frustrating.

Bloodline Champions 1.5
You fight 2v2 or 3v3 in a small arena with topdown perspective, you move with wasd, have about 6 spells of which most are skillshots
It's like wow arena but good, or like a more skillful doto-like endless teamfight

catherine on hard.

followed by completing every rapunzel stage without the use of a guide.

it's not hard because it's unfair, it's hard because you're stupid.

yakuza series gets difficult towards the end

>They're literally designed to be completed
>what is an arcade gane

>have about 6 spells of which most are skillshots
I forgot lmb and rmb so it's more like 8 abilities
Also at the beginning of every round you get to choose a battlerite, which are like traits that change abilities or give passive effects
There's no levels or anything, just raw gameplay

So fun to watch the TAS of that.

Dragon's Lair on the GB.
Go emulate it, right now. I dare you.

What about games that are difficult but not punishing? I mean games that are hard but the punishment for dying or fucking up is so low that anyone can beat them through brute force repeated attempts.

I'm talking about things like Hotline Miami or Super Meat boy.

Furi's pretty hard and good fun. Plus, when you beat it, the extra difficulty mode's hard as balls and the bosses are pretty different as opposed to just damage/health changes.

Also, anything by Platinum in their hardest difficulties.

battleturds, megaman

>SETTING AVERAGE GAMES TO THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY TO MAKE THEM """"HARD"""" DOESN'T COUNT
Are you mentally challenged?

Who are you quoting?

F-Zero GX.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

This guy is complaining about normal difficulty.

Quoting OP moron

WTB F-Zero NX

Gothic 1, Gothic 2 Night of the Raven

The one true answer, OP, others ara wrong!

>Ctrl+F - Dark Souls: 0 results.
It's the hardest game you will ever play, OP. Prepare to Die.

People memed the game so hard. they unironically believe it's not hard for a newcomer.

>magic
>pyromancies
>Zwei
>Havel's
>Wood shitter ring

It fits OPs requirements. There is no difficulty setting and all he has to do is use the broken straight sword all game and he has what he's looking for.

All he has to do is play the game normaly. I'm 100% sure every single person's first run was insanely difficult.

This is so accurate it hurts.

>great chaos fireball
>+10 zwei / grass crest
>havel's
>FAP and havel rings

Literally my first DaS build as a noob.

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse will whip your nuts until you weep sweet tears of frustrated misery and masochistic joy.

Also try Ninja Gaiden I-III, the NES is where champions are forged.

How about Guts Eclipse Mode:

Deprived, no armor, no shield, no magic, no consumables (except estus/humanity) - all game. Naked all game, using only the Broken Straight Sword/Straight Sword Hilt, repairing its durability is forbidden, when it breaks it breaks. Upgrading it is allowed (it fixes the durability), leveling allowed.

>inb4 gimping yourself on purpose
It's a legitimate way to play the game if you want to.

Forgot to mention, make the character Top heavy.

Not hard, just annoying. Since there's no in-game tracker of which blue coins you've already gotten, I just wait till I collect all 240 blue coins and redeem them at the end.

dark souls
super meat boy
I wanna be the guy
boshy

Look no further, OP.

Get good at ssbm. Hard as fuck

Ssbm?

>SETTING AVERAGE GAMES TO THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY TO MAKE THEM """"HARD"""" DOESN'T COUNT
I understand the sentiment behind this but I think it qualifies too many good games.

The Metal Gear Solid Extreme/European Extreme modes for example are extremely legitimate.

dis*qualifies

Meteal Gear Rising: Revengeance: revengeance difficulty, no upgrades

I hate those little niggers. I'm so glad Lady Seraphina treats them like shit, they deserve it

on NES:
Ikari Warriors
Arkanoid

look up the definition of hard
it is not "cannot be completed"

old axe armor mode in portrait of ruin
crypt of the necrodancer
the void
PS2/Xbox version of Metal Slug 3

I wanna be the boshy

Tough as shit, even more so than Guy, but it feels great beating it after suffering so much

Ninja gaiden 2

The complaints about RNG are definitley there, but i think most people have like 1 time where they really get fucked over on that kind of thing

I know what the game is but you wrote BLOODrite.

It's still early in the day